Photo

What does the Saints scandal do to their IDPs?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 anakin

anakin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,198 posts
  • Joined 15-March 05
  • Interests:Dynasty fantasy football, podcasts, movies, and learning more about autism.

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:35 AM

Does this bump up a young guy like Martez Wilson? How much does this affect Jon Vilma's fantasy stock (suspension/getting cut as an example, etc)?
Follow me on twitter: @AndrewMiley

#2 Jene Bramel

Jene Bramel

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 17,310 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:29 AM

Hard to know what is media bluster regarding long suspensions. Could be real with Vilma, though, so it's worth considering his replacement. Dunbar is a free agent so he's risky to bet on. I've never been fully sold on Wilson as a possible MLB and I'm not convinced he's a fit inside for Spagnoulo's scheme. Wilson has the highest upside on the roster. If you're looking to take advantage, he'd be the guy with the best chance to jump a tier or more.

#3 kurtrudder

kurtrudder

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 713 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

Since this seems to be following Gregg Williams as opposed to being just a Saints issue, could it be that the only person that gets a suspension/sanction ends up being Gregg Williams himself?

#4 MindCrime

MindCrime

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 599 posts
  • Joined 08-June 08

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Since this seems to be following Gregg Williams as opposed to being just a Saints issue, could it be that the only person that gets a suspension/sanction ends up being Gregg Williams himself?

The fact that early reports say Vilma put up 10k of his own money probably means he is in the crosshairs as well. I expect he's not the only player who will get some sort of punishment. Many may just get fines, but I'm guessing there will be some suspensions involved as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users