What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What does the Saints scandal do to their IDPs? (1 Viewer)

anakin

Footballguy
Does this bump up a young guy like Martez Wilson? How much does this affect Jon Vilma's fantasy stock (suspension/getting cut as an example, etc)?

Hard to know what is media bluster regarding long suspensions. Could be real with Vilma, though, so it's worth considering his replacement. Dunbar is a free agent so he's risky to bet on. I've never been fully sold on Wilson as a possible MLB and I'm not convinced he's a fit inside for Spagnoulo's scheme. Wilson has the highest upside on the roster. If you're looking to take advantage, he'd be the guy with the best chance to jump a tier or more.

Since this seems to be following Gregg Williams as opposed to being just a Saints issue, could it be that the only person that gets a suspension/sanction ends up being Gregg Williams himself?

Since this seems to be following Gregg Williams as opposed to being just a Saints issue, could it be that the only person that gets a suspension/sanction ends up being Gregg Williams himself?
The fact that early reports say Vilma put up 10k of his own money probably means he is in the crosshairs as well. I expect he's not the only player who will get some sort of punishment. Many may just get fines, but I'm guessing there will be some suspensions involved as well.

Users who are viewing this thread