#1 yankdog

yankdog

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Joined 31-December 11

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

Team A below. I have been offered Kyle Rudolph for Reggie Wayne. On the one hand Wayne is 33 but may have greater value depending on where he lands as an FA and if he lands with Manning. And moving him seems to hurt my chances of winning this year. And on the other, Rudolph is an up and coming TE and his value should continue to increase. I cannot flex TE so I can only start one TE and like I said losing Wayne may hurt my chances this year. But from a pure value perspective, Rudolph is going to be worth more I think and I am not sure I am going to be sufficiently competitive this year anyway because I am one stud WR away from really being there (I think!). So under those circumstances with Team A would you trade Wayne for Rudolph?
Team A: 12 Team Dynasty PPR, 24 Player Roster, Start up to 4 WRs
QB: Arod, Ryan, Fitz
RB: Lynch, AP, Ridley, Gerhart, Redman
WR: AJ, Jordy, Little, Collie, Wayne, Meachem, Robinson, Smith (PHI), D. Baldwin,
TE: Davis, Watson
K: Kasay
Def: SF

Team B: 12 Team Dynasty PPR, 24 Player Roster, Start up to 4 WRs
QB: P. Manning, McCoy
RB: BJGE, Ball, Morris, Ogbnnaya
WR: Decker, Hankerson, Benn, Burleson, Doucet, Driver, James Jones, Pettis, Simpson
TE: Clark
PK: Hanson
Def: Bengals

#2 adrenaline

adrenaline

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,972 posts
  • Joined 15-April 06

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

With Ruldoph likely starting this year I would do it. You could always move one of you TEs if the situation warrants it.

#3 Warhogs

Warhogs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,018 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

I would not. Sure Wayne issn't worth much in a couple more years but I think you need him in your lineup for this year. I am not convinced Rudolph will be that impactful especially since you have Vernon Davis already.

#4 buck-nut

buck-nut

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 305 posts
  • Joined 05-July 06

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

This time next year, you'll be kicking yourself for not trading wayne... stick a fork in him...

#5 Zimm

Zimm

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Joined 05-May 09
  • Interests:Fantasy-FootballU.com

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

I would take Rudy..Wayne doesn't have much left in the tank.

Check out my Dynasty Rankings From Fantasty-FootballU.com

Twitter:

@FFootballU

@Zimm2213

#6 Warhogs

Warhogs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,018 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

I'm not disputing that Rudolph has more long term dynasty value. I'm just saying you better have a plan to replace him because you are adding a nice young backup TE and losing one of your starting WR.

#7 yankdog

yankdog

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Joined 31-December 11

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

I'm not disputing that Rudolph has more long term dynasty value. I'm just saying you better have a plan to replace him because you are adding a nice young backup TE and losing one of your starting WR.

Yes, and that's a good point and really my concern. If you look at that team, I don't have a plan really. Trying to move Matt Ryan for a WR is proving difficult to say the least. But that's my best option. I also had to trade my first and second round picks to package together some stuff to get Jordy and Little. So, I've brought this team a ways already. But I won't have a plan to get a worthy WR short of moving Ryan and really his value is going to rise next year and not the greatest now. Tough call. I'm leaning against it after listening to all of you guys.
Team A: 12 Team Dynasty PPR, 24 Player Roster, Start up to 4 WRs
QB: Arod, Ryan, Fitz
RB: Lynch, AP, Ridley, Gerhart, Redman
WR: AJ, Jordy, Little, Collie, Wayne, Meachem, Robinson, Smith (PHI), D. Baldwin,
TE: Davis, Watson
K: Kasay
Def: SF

Team B: 12 Team Dynasty PPR, 24 Player Roster, Start up to 4 WRs
QB: P. Manning, McCoy
RB: BJGE, Ball, Morris, Ogbnnaya
WR: Decker, Hankerson, Benn, Burleson, Doucet, Driver, James Jones, Pettis, Simpson
TE: Clark
PK: Hanson
Def: Bengals

#8 Warpig

Warpig

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,421 posts
  • Joined 17-April 03

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

Maybe before doing the trade, send out some feelers for VD. If you could get a promising WR in return for VD, then it would help ease the pain of trading away Wayne. That is probably the only way I would do this trade.

#9 football fan

football fan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Joined 29-May 04

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

Unless you think you can win a title within 2 years, keep Wayne, but if not, I'd trade Wayne in a second for Rudolph.

#10 JPeso

JPeso

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,412 posts
  • Joined 06-July 07

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

People still buy Wayne?

#11 Warpig

Warpig

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,421 posts
  • Joined 17-April 03

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:44 AM

Wayne will more than likely be a Target hog in Indy now that he is the only WR they have. Certainly makes you think a little harder. Especially if you are close to competing for a championship.

#12 lexus

lexus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 396 posts
  • Joined 26-February 09

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

Would any of you "stud-like" fantasy HOF managers trade the 2.10 rookie pick for Reggie Wayne (hoping for 1 to 2 productive years) in a standard 1.0 ppr 12-team Dynasty league? And how about the same identical trade question in a 1.0 ppr 16-team IDP Dynasty league? Sort of like a two-for-one question/answer . . . . . thanks in advance for your astute replies.

#13 ghostguy123

ghostguy123

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,021 posts
  • Joined 12-May 11

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:34 AM

Would any of you "stud-like" fantasy HOF managers trade the 2.10 rookie pick for Reggie Wayne (hoping for 1 to 2 productive years) in a standard 1.0 ppr 12-team Dynasty league? And how about the same identical trade question in a 1.0 ppr 16-team IDP Dynasty league? Sort of like a two-for-one question/answer . . . . . thanks in advance for your astute replies.

Yep. I dealt a mid 2nd for Wayne to be my 4th receiver in a 12 team PPR dynasty. If he has an identical year to last year, I consider it well worth it.

(Ongoing worst dynasty trades)

FFPC dynasty league (9/19/13)

Dez Bryant

2014 2nd

for

Roddy White

James Jones

Deangelo Williams

#14 Shutout

Shutout

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,205 posts
  • Joined 15-March 10

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

Would any of you "stud-like" fantasy HOF managers trade the 2.10 rookie pick for Reggie Wayne (hoping for 1 to 2 productive years) in a standard 1.0 ppr 12-team Dynasty league?

And how about the same identical trade question in a 1.0 ppr 16-team IDP Dynasty league?

Sort of like a two-for-one question/answer . . . . . thanks in advance for your astute replies.

Yep. I dealt a mid 2nd for Wayne to be my 4th receiver in a 12 team PPR dynasty. If he has an identical year to last year, I consider it well worth it.

Yep, that's the way to see it. People talk of Wayne like he lost all his limbs but he is OVER criticized because he fell so far from his own lofty standards. Lost on the subject is that he still put up WR22 or so numbers and almost, by default, has to have a better QB this year than last.

For short-run teams, Wayne is a bargain.

#15 ark

ark

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 27-May 11

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

Personally I would not trade away Wayne, because a late 2 round is not enough in return. I would expect Wayne to give you top 20 WR numbers for a couple of years at least. If the offer was for an early 2nd then I might consider.

#16 Warhogs

Warhogs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,018 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

It probably all depends on team situation. If you have good WR depth and like this year's draft class then you may want the pick. Wayne will only lose value so each individual has to decide if a couple years of solid production is worth more than that pick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users