What is the Rookie Scouting Portfolio?
The RSP is analysis and rankings of incoming rookies at the skill positions (QB, RB, WR, and TE). Now in its seventh year of publication, there are three sections to the .PDF book:
1. Rankings, analysis, and player comparisons:
- Positional skill set rankings (who has the best vision, the best accuracy, best balance, etc.)
- Overrated, underrated, and projects at each position.
- Overall rankings by position.
- Player comparisions along a spectrum of 3-5 players according to skill sets.
- Complete break downs of prospect strengths, weaknesses, and potential system matches based on intensive game study.
- Historical perspective of rookie performance at each position.
2. Appendix of my game-study notebooks:
[*] All my raw notes from my database.
[*]I supply a complete grading checklist for each player and game I study.
[*]My scoring process.
[*]I also provide play by play notes on each player that is often pages of analysis for each prospect.
My blog draws from this work. This is raw material that accomplishes two things for the reader. I make my process transparent so you can see my perspective - even if you don't read this part and just the 120-150 page, front section, you know how I arrived at my conclusions. Second, you can use this information as a way to get into as much depth as you want - watch games with it as a guide, etc.
3. Defined criteria for my scoring methods:
[*]How I define a technique.
[*]The value I give it.
I have evaluated over 150 prospects this year at the skill positions of QB, RB, WR, and TE. The 2012 RSP will be available April 1 - as it has for the past six years. You can also order back issues of the RSP (2006-2011) from this same link.
Hopefully, those of you who been loyal readers of it will enjoy it as you have in past years. I'm looking forward to finishing it on April 1 and starting 2013 on April 2.