Photo

Who would you draft at 1.03?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Who would you draft at 1.03?

Who to draft (based on this roster)?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Donsmith753

Donsmith753

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Joined 21-October 09

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:07 AM

16 team 0.5 PPR league Start 2Rb 3WR 1 TE and a flex

I have the 1.03 pick and it's a bit of a luxury for me. Looking for opinions on which way I should go with it. Luck and Richardson will be off the board.

KAUNAS BUCKEYES -
Player YTD Pts Bye Drafted
Freeman, Josh TBB QB - 8 FA
Johnson, Josh TBB QB - 8 FA
Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB - 8 FA
Yates, T.J. HOU QB - 11 FA
Bell, Joique DET RB - 9 FA
Brinkley, Curtis SDC RB - 6 FA
Goodson, Mike CAR RB (P) - 9 FA
Jennings, Rashad JAC RB (P) - 9 FA
Mathews, Ryan SDC RB - 6 FA
Murray, DeMarco DAL RB (Q) - 5 FA

Powell, Bilal NYJ RB - 8 FA
Smith, Kevin DET RB - 9 FA
Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB - 9 FA
Tanner, Phillip DAL RB - 5 FA
Tolbert, Mike SDC RB - 6 FA
Arrington, Adrian NOS WR - 11 FA
Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR - 6 FA
Bryant, Dez DAL WR - 5 FA

Cobb, Randall GBP WR - 8 FA
Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR (P) - 6 FA
Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR - 7 FA

Cook, Jared TEN TE - 6 FA
Gates, Antonio SDC TE - 6 FA
Graham, Jimmy NOS TE - 11 FA
Brown, Josh STL PK - 5 FA
Folk, Nick NYJ PK - 8 FA
Colts, Indianapolis IND Def - 11 FA
Titans, Tennessee TEN Def - 6 FA
28 Total Players

HA3 Champion

#2 P-Dizzle

P-Dizzle

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Joined 04-March 12

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

If we're going by your team needs, given that we can play 4 WR you could use the depth with Blackmon. I think 1.03 is too high to justify drafting one of the RBs. Maybe a better idea to trade down for a couple of 1st round picks and a prospect for that 1.03, I know in our league a couple of teams have multiple 1st rounders and would be willing to pay a premium to get their hands on Griffin/Luck. Might be a good idea to go down and draft a RB and WR with slightly lower picks. Or you could draft Griffin and hold for his value, then depending on how the Freeman situation plays out trade away either him or Griffin half way through the season. Also Lumpkin, Carlson, 1.05 and 3.07 was daylight robbery. Effectively giving up a top tier rookie for Carlson. :mellow:

#3 doubletrouble

doubletrouble

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Joined 17-July 07
  • Interests:Why Ask?

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:22 AM

I would draft Blackmon...need a backup QB so RGIII, or trade it for an upgrade at #2RB, #3WR. Team is good but you can use some upgrades at some positions.....

Dynasty, PPR (.5), 12 team league, 25 man roster, 1 qb 1-2 rb 3-4 wr 1 te, 1 flex (rb, wr, te), 1 k & 1 def

QB: Colin Kaepernick SF, Tom Brady NE, EJ Manuel BUF, Jake Locker TEN, Derek Carr OAK

RB: Arian Foster HOU, Jamaal Charles KC, DeAngelo Williams CAR, Damien Williams MIA, Bobby Rainey TB, Storm Johnson JAX, Juwan Thompson DEN

WR: Calvin Johnson DET, Larry Fitzgerald ARI, A.J Green CIN, Justin Hunter TEN, Corey Washington NYG, Jordan Matthews PHI, Cody Latimer DEN, Steve Johnson SF

TE: Jimmy Graham NO, Vernon Davis SF, Jace Amaro NYJ

K: Stephen Gostkowski NEP

DEF: NE, NO

Excuse me? Excuse me, senor? May I speak to you please? I asked for a mai tai, and they brought me a pina colada, and I said no salt, NO salt for the margarita, but it had salt on it, big grains of salt, floating in the glass...

#4 KellysHeroes

KellysHeroes

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11,625 posts
  • Joined 12-October 06

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:17 AM

no way I pass on Blackmon, even if its not a need now

My Dynasty Rosters

From every post I ever see who make, you seriously have to be the most "win now" owner of anyone one here.

You are the exact opposite of Peso. 

I can just see you trading Gronk for Steven jackson, Crabtree for Reggie Wayne, Blackmon for Boldin, and a couple future 1sts for Gore. 

#5 meyerj31

meyerj31

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,786 posts
  • Joined 03-November 11

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

If you know Blackmon will be available there then you are mightily lucky! Take him and don't think twice. Then perhaps trade one of your receivers + Murray for a better RB1.

#6 Gandalf

Gandalf

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Joined 24-June 06

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:32 AM

Blackmon based on yr team and because you start 3 wrs

#7 P-Dizzle

P-Dizzle

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Joined 04-March 12

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

If you know Blackmon will be available there then you are mightily lucky!

Take him and don't think twice. Then perhaps trade one of your receivers + Murray for a better RB1.

Listen to this man Donnie, make me an offer. :P

Edited by P-Dizzle, 18 March 2012 - 09:14 AM.

#8 Donsmith753

Donsmith753

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Joined 21-October 09

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

Didn't think you'd trade McCoy? After all he's the only upgrade you could offer me at RB...

HA3 Champion

#9 P-Dizzle

P-Dizzle

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Joined 04-March 12

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

Didn't think you'd trade McCoy? After all he's the only upgrade you could offer me at RB...

I know you hold Matthews in high regard but CJ is better. I'd want your right bollock as well as the left if you came in for McCoy, as you know. :lmao:

#10 Zimm

Zimm

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Joined 05-May 09
  • Interests:Fantasy-FootballU.com

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

I like Floyd here because i have him rated ahead of Blackmon as of now.(Depends on where they go) If decide to go Floyd you could trade down a spot or two and get yourself another pick or a prospect.

Check out my Dynasty Rankings From Fantasty-FootballU.com

Twitter:

@FFootballU

@Zimm2213

#11 Donsmith753

Donsmith753

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Joined 21-October 09

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

I know you hold Matthews in high regard but CJ is better. I'd want your right bollock as well as the left if you came in for McCoy, as you know. :lmao:

I think the majority would agree with me re Matthews, can't blame you with McCoy

HA3 Champion

#12 cstu

cstu

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50,107 posts
  • Joined 20-August 04

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

Blackmon, no question.
“He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary.”

#13 Thewhiteknuckler

Thewhiteknuckler

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 09-March 12

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:22 AM

Blackmon

#14 Warhogs

Warhogs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,933 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

You are in a great position to take best player available with that solid team. For me that is RGIII. QB should hold a lot of value in a 16 team league I would think and I think he is a better prospect at his position that any of the WR. I might otherwise trade down a few spots or try trading the pick for veteran help. I'm sure it is apparent by my post that I am not convinced Blackmon is a great prospect. I have him and Floyd pretty even at this point. I think there is a pretty close group at this pick with RGIII, Blackmon, Floyd and maybe another RB jumps into consideration after the draft.

#15 Donsmith753

Donsmith753

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Joined 21-October 09

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

You are in a great position to take best player available with that solid team. For me that is RGIII. QB should hold a lot of value in a 16 team league I would think and I think he is a better prospect at his position that any of the WR. I might otherwise trade down a few spots or try trading the pick for veteran help. I'm sure it is apparent by my post that I am not convinced Blackmon is a great prospect. I have him and Floyd pretty even at this point. I think there is a pretty close group at this pick with RGIII, Blackmon, Floyd and maybe another RB jumps into consideration after the draft.

Funnily enough I agree with you. Was originally sitting at 5 and moved up. The only reason I did so was because I could do it VERY CHEAPLY, not because I really wanted Blackmon. I'm not completely sold on him despite my need to add a fifth WR. Could always take RG3 and either move Gates/Freeman for a WR or use Gates at the flex. I agree with you in that QB's should have more value in this structure.

HA3 Champion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users