#1 Eephus

Eephus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24,667 posts
  • Joined 26-April 05

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:34 AM

March 28-29, 2012 Japan Opening Series 2012, Tokyo Seattle Mariners vs. Oakland Athletics April 4, 2012 Opening Night, St. Louis Cardinals at Miami Marlins April 5, 2012 Opening Day April 10, 2012 The first date that a player placed on the 15-day disabled list during Spring Training may be reinstated (if placed on or backdated to March 26) April 14, 2012 First date that a player optioned during Spring Training may be recalled April 15, 2012 Jackie Robinson Day May 13, 2012 Mother's Day May 15, 2012 Earliest date that clubs may re-sign players that they unconditionally released between August 31, 2011, and March 31, 2012 May 18, 2012 Interleague Play begins May 28, 2012 Memorial Day Start of Closed Period for the 2012 First-Year Player Draft June 4-6, 2012 First-Year Player Draft June 16, 2012 First date that Clubs may trade an eligible free agent player who was signed after electing free agency June 17, 2012 Father's Day July 2, 2012 First date to sign international players for the following season July 4, 2012 Independence Day July 8, 2012 Taco Bell All-Star Sunday, Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City Futures Game, Legends & Celebrity Softball July 9, 2012 Home Run Derby, Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City July 10, 2012 83rd All-Star Game, Kauffman Stadium, Kansas City July 13, 2012 5 p.m. ET, signing deadline for players selected in the First-Year Player Draft July 16, 2012 Competitive Balance and Forfeited Pick Lottery First date that assignable draft selections may be traded (through October 3, 2012) July 22, 2012 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Cooperstown, N.Y. July 31, 2012 Non-waiver trade deadline, 4 p.m. ET August 31, 2012 Waiver trade deadline. Postseason eligibility lists established at midnight ET September 1, 2012 Active rosters increased from 25 to 40 players September 11, 2012 September 11 Remembrance October 3, 2012 End of 2012 MLB regular season

Edited by Eephus, 13 September 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#2 Grahamburn

Grahamburn

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,926 posts
  • Joined 15-August 07

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

Was the game even televised this morning? I tried to find it on MLB Network and they were showing an ST rerun. Ackley!
Never. Ever. Bench Calvin Johnson. Ever.

#3 Wrigley

Wrigley

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,406 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05
  • Interests:Little of this, little of that

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

Was the game even televised this morning? I tried to find it on MLB Network and they were showing an ST rerun. Ackley!

Didn't realize the game was even on.....until it was too late. Ackley stuck on my bench.

It's human nature to stick with traditional beliefs, even after they outlast any conceivable utility.- Jim Pinkerton
Freedom is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear- George Orwell

XBL: MASTERH8

My god, Wrigley sucks.

how I live my life

#4 Zeff

Zeff

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Joined 15-January 11

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

Caught the audio. Sounded like both starting pitchers and both closers were sharp, and like Ichiro was Ichiro. Ackley obviously big, and J. Weeks with a steal out of the gate. Time will tell if I made the right move passing on Ack to grab Weeks a couple rounds later. Needed the speed. But naturally, right now I'm having nightmares where Ackley goes .300/20/20 or something. Maybe he'll at least get on base a lot and boost Ichiro's RBI count for me. :kicksrock:

#5 Grahamburn

Grahamburn

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,926 posts
  • Joined 15-August 07

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

I was excited when Jason Heyward homered on Opening Day last year too. Hopefully Ackley doesn't follow suit.

#6 boubucarow

boubucarow

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,542 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

Same thing when I tried to find it. It looks like it is only on television as a rerun at 8 AM CST on MLB Network.

#7 Captain Hook

Captain Hook

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,027 posts
  • Joined 01-May 05
  • Interests:Wine and FF

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Same thing when I tried to find it. It looks like it is only on television as a rerun at 8 AM CST on MLB Network.

It was televised (not sure of time) on ROOT Sports Network - will be REPLAYED tonight on MLB Network
Stay ahead of your leaguemates

www.mastersball.com

#8 boubucarow

boubucarow

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,542 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

It was televised (not sure of time) on ROOT Sports Network - will be REPLAYED tonight on MLB Network

I assumed that was the local channel for the Mariners but I am probably wrong. I am also assuming Seattle and Bay Area had the game live. Tomorrow's game will be replayed at 8 AM CST on MLB Network and probably later that day as well.

#9 Wrigley

Wrigley

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,406 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

games are live on MLB Network.......turned on the tube before the gym this morning...and BOOM, BASEBALL!!!!!

It's human nature to stick with traditional beliefs, even after they outlast any conceivable utility.- Jim Pinkerton

My god, Wrigley sucks.

how I live my life

#10 Eephus

Eephus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24,667 posts
  • Joined 26-April 05

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

I assumed that was the local channel for the Mariners but I am probably wrong. I am also assuming Seattle and Bay Area had the game live. Tomorrow's game will be replayed at 8 AM CST on MLB Network and probably later that day as well.

Not live in Bay Area. CSN didn't want to use one of their allotted games on a 3AM broadcast. Plus, the A's are second class citizens when it comes to local media.

#11 rikishiboy

rikishiboy

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Joined 21-May 03

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:16 AM

Watching game 2 now, but will have to leave soon. Ackley-- struck out looking Ichiro --hit a bouncer, Weeks made a gooid throw to get him out. Weeks-- solid contact, but caught midfield Pennington--same contact as Weeks, but fell in.
"You, sir, are the closest thing we have to a celebrity on the FFA board."---from Kupcho1 to me

#12 pantagrapher

pantagrapher

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21,212 posts
  • Joined 27-May 03
  • Interests:All of the above.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

Ackley stuck on my bench.

I bet like me you started him today and are convinced the fantasy gods are already laughing at you.

#13 Zeff

Zeff

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Joined 15-January 11

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:10 AM

To me, Weeks looked good out there both hitting and fielding. Made nice contact a couple times. Happily, except for the SB, his numbers don't show it yet. Can't say much so far except that he looks comfortable against other pros. His patience netted him a nice fat .417 OBP in AAA last year, so it's easy to see him nabbing a stranglehold on the leadoff spot out there till he gets expensive. A's seem willing to let the leadoff guy run, too. I'd be contemplating moves to acquire this guy if I didn't already have him. Might go a little nuts in a keeper. Ackley won the battle, but Weeks is alive and well in the war. Big fan. :thumbup:

#14 Wrigley

Wrigley

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,406 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:34 AM

Ackley stuck on my bench.

I bet like me you started him today and are convinced the fantasy gods are already laughing at you.

ughhhh

My god, Wrigley sucks.

how I live my life

#15 Billy Bats

Billy Bats

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11,821 posts
  • Joined 22-July 03

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

Any Angel's homers want to tell me about Trumbo? I know they're going to try him out at 3rd, but with Pujols where else will they play him? How will they get him at bats and how will he be in the lineup regularly? TIA
Pittsburgh Tankers, what a proud franchise: "We got to the point, if we won one more game or two, Mario Lemeiux would've been in New Jersey. That's how close we were." The plan was hatched over a midseason lunch between him and E.J. "We didn't actually try to throw games. But, you know, we went in there with the understanding ... we weren't going to be upset if we lost." The old coach admits it all now. They tanked it.

#16 Dr. Awesome

Dr. Awesome

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,865 posts
  • Joined 18-March 10

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

Any Angel's homers want to tell me about Trumbo? I know they're going to try him out at 3rd, but with Pujols where else will they play him? How will they get him at bats and how will he be in the lineup regularly? TIA

Not exactly a homer but I live in the area and have a lot of friends/family who are fans of the team. Right now it's a bit of a mess. Trumbo has looked decent at third (some good plays and sometimes some real ugly ones) but iirc Scioscia has said he'll top out at around 50 games at the position. They're also going to shuffle him between DH and OF. If Abreu is traded to the Indians as it's being rumored then he'll be in a position to get a lot more playing time. Right now it really is a massive logjam with Trumbo, Pujols, Hunter, Abreu, Wells, and Bourjos to split regular playing time. And Callapso will still get a lot of playing time at third as he's a much better glove. And Izturis is going to get love off the bench. Right now a question is how much change is going to take place (if any) from the Napoli gaffe. The GM was allegedly let go in large part for dumping him. But it was never a question of whether he could hit - his glove was just really crappy. We'll see if Scioscia is suddenly going to stop playing a better fielder for a better bat. I'm skeptical he's going to change his colors. Bill James is projecting him for 550+ at bats. I think 500 ab's is an optimistic projection. The 'plan' will imo depend on Abreu getting dumped asap and Trumbo not making any mistakes at the hot corner once the season starts.

If you're ever in the mood to watch a scummy Chef Boyardee nail a woman while she tries to hold back vomiting, Bing's got you covered.

#17 Grahamburn

Grahamburn

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,926 posts
  • Joined 15-August 07

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:29 AM

Is Hosmer going to stay this hot all season? He's flirting with that "super elite" 1b tier.

#18 Annyong

Annyong

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,612 posts
  • Joined 23-July 08
  • Interests:Cooking, grilling, Clemson Athletics, beer, bourbon, reading, toga parties. Bullfrogs.

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

Is Hosmer going to stay this hot all season? He's flirting with that "super elite" 1b tier.

im thinking .303-26hrs-97rbi

#19 Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62,080 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:#beefsparade #tournamentofhotdogs

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

im thinking .303-26hrs-97rbi

WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY overrated.

E il mio non le dice niente?

I'm MOP

Helping disabled veterans: Wounded Warrior Project

#20 Daywalker

Daywalker

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,828 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

Not exactly a homer but I live in the area and have a lot of friends/family who are fans of the team. Right now it's a bit of a mess. Trumbo has looked decent at third (some good plays and sometimes some real ugly ones) but iirc Scioscia has said he'll top out at around 50 games at the position. They're also going to shuffle him between DH and OF. If Abreu is traded to the Indians as it's being rumored then he'll be in a position to get a lot more playing time. Right now it really is a massive logjam with Trumbo, Pujols, Hunter, Abreu, Wells, and Bourjos to split regular playing time. And Callapso will still get a lot of playing time at third as he's a much better glove. And Izturis is going to get love off the bench. Right now a question is how much change is going to take place (if any) from the Napoli gaffe. The GM was allegedly let go in large part for dumping him. But it was never a question of whether he could hit - his glove was just really crappy. We'll see if Scioscia is suddenly going to stop playing a better fielder for a better bat. I'm skeptical he's going to change his colors. Bill James is projecting him for 550+ at bats. I think 500 ab's is an optimistic projection. The 'plan' will imo depend on Abreu getting dumped asap and Trumbo not making any mistakes at the hot corner once the season starts.

Abreu really been dissappointing this offseason. Probably worth less then 1.5mill on the open market. Angels going to pay him 9mill. He had a mediocore season last year. Instead of being a veteran leader and accept being a part-time player on a great team he's acted like a punk in order to get dealt. With fragile/aging players like Wells and Hunter he really is worth keeping for the Angels as oppossed to dealing him while picking up most of his salary. I know it's the A.L. but he's also a nice situational bat to have late in games.

#21 Billy Bats

Billy Bats

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11,821 posts
  • Joined 22-July 03

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

Wow, thanks for the write up on Trumbo, Awesome. Appreciate the info. Have him on my bench but excited about his potential and hoping he sticks as a regular. Maybe I can trade some of my OF depth if Trumbo gets regular starts. Thanks again.
Pittsburgh Tankers, what a proud franchise: "We got to the point, if we won one more game or two, Mario Lemeiux would've been in New Jersey. That's how close we were." The plan was hatched over a midseason lunch between him and E.J. "We didn't actually try to throw games. But, you know, we went in there with the understanding ... we weren't going to be upset if we lost." The old coach admits it all now. They tanked it.

#22 Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62,080 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:#beefsparade #tournamentofhotdogs

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

Abreu really been dissappointing this offseason. Probably worth less then 1.5mill on the open market. Angels going to pay him 9mill. He had a mediocore season last year. Instead of being a veteran leader and accept being a part-time player on a great team he's acted like a punk in order to get dealt. With fragile/aging players like Wells and Hunter he really is worth keeping for the Angels as oppossed to dealing him while picking up most of his salary. I know it's the A.L. but he's also a nice situational bat to have late in games.

:goodposting:

E il mio non le dice niente?

I'm MOP

Helping disabled veterans: Wounded Warrior Project

#23 Limp Ditka

Limp Ditka

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27,844 posts
  • Joined 06-September 05

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

Since he won't pitch again until the regular season, I figure this belongs here................... I hope Ubaldo's arm falls off
I find your belief system.........fascinating.

but there are people in life, people you know in your own personal life Joe that just always seem to have a cloud over them. I try to distance myself form those folks as much as possible and I bet you do to.

Clearly, I am the not-bright one.

#24 cosjobs

cosjobs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23,792 posts
  • Joined 08-September 03

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Since he won't pitch again until the regular season, I figure this belongs here................... I hope Ubaldo's arm falls off

He should be suspended at least a couple of starts (10+games)

#25 Dr. Awesome

Dr. Awesome

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,865 posts
  • Joined 18-March 10

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

I'm in the pro-DH camp but it's situations such as these that make me really appreciate the value of the pitcher standing in to get his due. It's a shame they won't play in Colorado this year.

If you're ever in the mood to watch a scummy Chef Boyardee nail a woman while she tries to hold back vomiting, Bing's got you covered.

#26 Annyong

Annyong

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,612 posts
  • Joined 23-July 08
  • Interests:Cooking, grilling, Clemson Athletics, beer, bourbon, reading, toga parties. Bullfrogs.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:52 AM

I'm in the pro-DH camp but it's situations such as these that make me really appreciate the value of the pitcher standing in to get his due. It's a shame they won't play in Colorado this year.

what happened?

#27 Wrigley

Wrigley

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,406 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

what happened?

Tulo beaned by Ubaldo

My god, Wrigley sucks.

how I live my life

#28 Grahamburn

Grahamburn

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,926 posts
  • Joined 15-August 07

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:40 AM

Maybe Tulo was asking for it?

#29 Mr. Know-It-All

Mr. Know-It-All

Booger Eatin' Moron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,001 posts
  • Joined 15-January 04
  • Interests:Knowing Stuff

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

Or maybe, just maybe, Ubaldo quit on the Rockies last year and went after Tulo intentionally because he got called out for being a quitter. Since he don't have to get in the box, there is no repercussion for him to be a gutless wonder. I am actually surprised he only went after Tulo - I thought he'd throw at Carols Gonzales as well. What a punk. That said, Tulo should have known when he called him out that this was a possibility. Maybe he did but felt it was worth it. Here's hoping Tulo will be okay and Ubaldo continues to suck even if he doesn't get his deserved suspension. Abolish the DH!
A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man. - Ulysses Everett MacGill

Ultimately man does not deny the existence of God for lack of evidence, but because man does not want to be accountable to his creator.

#30 Grahamburn

Grahamburn

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,926 posts
  • Joined 15-August 07

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

Or maybe, just maybe, Ubaldo quit on the Rockies last year and went after Tulo intentionally because he got called out for being a quitter. Since he don't have to get in the box, there is no repercussion for him to be a gutless wonder. I am actually surprised he only went after Tulo - I thought he'd throw at Carols Gonzales as well. What a punk.

That said, Tulo should have known when he called him out that this was a possibility. Maybe he did but felt it was worth it. Here's hoping Tulo will be okay and Ubaldo continues to suck even if he doesn't get his deserved suspension. Abolish the DH!

Guys have been plunked for much less.

#31 Annyong

Annyong

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,612 posts
  • Joined 23-July 08

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

Or maybe, just maybe, Ubaldo quit on the Rockies last year and went after Tulo intentionally because he got called out for being a quitter. Since he don't have to get in the box, there is no repercussion for him to be a gutless wonder. I am actually surprised he only went after Tulo - I thought he'd throw at Carols Gonzales as well. What a punk. That said, Tulo should have known when he called him out that this was a possibility. Maybe he did but felt it was worth it. Here's hoping Tulo will be okay and Ubaldo continues to suck even if he doesn't get his deserved suspension. Abolish the DH!

or maybe, Tulo asked for it?

#32 Please See Mine

Please See Mine

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,565 posts
  • Joined 26-September 05
  • Interests:play chess... screw...

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

Not exactly a homer but I live in the area and have a lot of friends/family who are fans of the team. Right now it's a bit of a mess. Trumbo has looked decent at third (some good plays and sometimes some real ugly ones) but iirc Scioscia has said he'll top out at around 50 games at the position. They're also going to shuffle him between DH and OF. If Abreu is traded to the Indians as it's being rumored then he'll be in a position to get a lot more playing time. Right now it really is a massive logjam with Trumbo, Pujols, Hunter, Abreu, Wells, and Bourjos to split regular playing time. And Callapso will still get a lot of playing time at third as he's a much better glove. And Izturis is going to get love off the bench.

Right now a question is how much change is going to take place (if any) from the Napoli gaffe. The GM was allegedly let go in large part for dumping him. But it was never a question of whether he could hit - his glove was just really crappy. We'll see if Scioscia is suddenly going to stop playing a better fielder for a better bat. I'm skeptical he's going to change his colors.

Bill James is projecting him for 550+ at bats. I think 500 ab's is an optimistic projection. The 'plan' will imo depend on Abreu getting dumped asap and Trumbo not making any mistakes at the hot corner once the season starts.

Shocking.
Play hard to get, wanna flirt wit me?
I ain't workin' for no ###, I'll jerk off for free

Unnecessary quotation marks blog

#33 ThaPenguin

ThaPenguin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Joined 05-November 07

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

Reds close to locking up Votto. http://hardballtalk....ith-joey-votto/
“Sure, the lion is king of the jungle....but airdrop him into Antarctica, and he's just a penguin's #####”

#34 Billy Bats

Billy Bats

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11,821 posts
  • Joined 22-July 03

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

Good god, 5 years, $112.5 extension for Matt Cain. Really? The price tag for Cole Hamels just went up. :thumbdown:

#35 Don Quixote

Don Quixote

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,584 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

He should be suspended at least a couple of starts (10+games)

Announced that he'll get 5 games.

#36 Samuel L Bronkowitz

Samuel L Bronkowitz

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,274 posts
  • Joined 28-June 10
  • Location:No! No, not Detroit! No! No, please! Anything but that! No! No!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

Good god, 5 years, $112.5 extension for Matt Cain. Really? The price tag for Cole Hamels just went up. :thumbdown:

Grienke too.
I'm not wearing any pants. Film at eleven.

Other than that, poop is poop and pee is pee and Charlie is Charlie.

#37 rascal

rascal

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,491 posts
  • Joined 13-September 05

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Closers dropping like flies. Soria, Bailey, and now Farnsworth. Farnsworth experiencing elbow soreness. Status for start of season uncertain

#38 Grahamburn

Grahamburn

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,926 posts
  • Joined 15-August 07

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

:yes:

#39 Daywalker

Daywalker

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,828 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

:yes:

Would love to know the skinny but playing through an arm injury drastically different then playing through most injuries a position player goes through. Everyone seems to think Jimenez has had some sort of injury since his electric first half in 2010. Don't know the details but getting called out by a guy who just received a 10-year-deal could rub one the wrong way.

#40 Grahamburn

Grahamburn

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,926 posts
  • Joined 15-August 07

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

Just playing Devil's Advocate. If I'm Jiminez I probably plunk Tulo too. It's part of the game. Especially when a guy publicly calls you a quitter after you get traded away and he gets the extension you were hoping to get? Tulo basically rubbed it in his face. He's lucky Ubaldo didn't chuck it at his dome. I realize Tulo's fantasy owners and Colorado fans are upset because Ubaldo came flying off the mound, and TT could have been injured. Oh well, he wasn't. Don't run your mouth about a guy if you don't want to get thrown at. Nelson Cruz got drilled last night too. Nobody is freaking out about that. :shrug:

#41 Eephus

Eephus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24,667 posts
  • Joined 26-April 05

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

Opening Night (USA division) in Miami. Kyle Lohse gets the start for the Champions.

#42 JaxBill

JaxBill

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,888 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

Not a Cubs fan, but found this entertaining http://hirejimessian...re-off-the-air/

Ready For Teddy in '14.

#43 Wrigley

Wrigley

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,406 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

Opening Night (USA division) in Miami. Kyle Lohse gets the start for the Champions.

Lets go Holliday(hurts to even type this)

My god, Wrigley sucks.

how I live my life

#44 Wrigley

Wrigley

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,406 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Not a Cubs fan, but found this entertaining http://hirejimessian...re-off-the-air/

Pretty sure this is what happened to Limpy D

My god, Wrigley sucks.

how I live my life

#45 Limp Ditka

Limp Ditka

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27,844 posts
  • Joined 06-September 05

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

Pretty sure this is what happened to Limpy D

Outside of Alsip and cooking meth, it's pretty spot on.
I find your belief system.........fascinating.

but there are people in life, people you know in your own personal life Joe that just always seem to have a cloud over them. I try to distance myself form those folks as much as possible and I bet you do to.

Clearly, I am the not-bright one.

#46 Annyong

Annyong

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,612 posts
  • Joined 23-July 08

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOUR FANTASY TEAM!!!

#47 Wrigley

Wrigley

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,406 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOUR FANTASY TEAM!!!

SABOD!!!!

My god, Wrigley sucks.

how I live my life

#48 Mr. Know-It-All

Mr. Know-It-All

Booger Eatin' Moron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,001 posts
  • Joined 15-January 04
  • Interests:Knowing Stuff

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Just playing Devil's Advocate. If I'm Jiminez I probably plunk Tulo too. It's part of the game. Especially when a guy publicly calls you a quitter after you get traded away and he gets the extension you were hoping to get? Tulo basically rubbed it in his face. He's lucky Ubaldo didn't chuck it at his dome. I realize Tulo's fantasy owners and Colorado fans are upset because Ubaldo came flying off the mound, and TT could have been injured. Oh well, he wasn't. Don't run your mouth about a guy if you don't want to get thrown at. Nelson Cruz got drilled last night too. Nobody is freaking out about that. :shrug:

There is a HUGE difference in the Cruz situation versus the Tulo situation (I am a Cardinal fan - but one of my sons is a huge Rockie fan). You throw at a guy to protect your own team and I am okay with it. You throw at a guy because you are a gutless coward who has no repercussions for doing so and I am not okay with it. Now, truly in a ST game it makes even less sense. Guy is gutless - you can defend him all you want but what he did was cowardly. There is a place in the game for throwing high and tight - hell, Gibson earned a reputation because of it. What Ubaldo did was not part of the unwritten rules of the game. He is a coward. Then again, the same people defending him likely defended the beeyotch Cueto two summers ago.
A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man. - Ulysses Everett MacGill

Ultimately man does not deny the existence of God for lack of evidence, but because man does not want to be accountable to his creator.

#49 Dr. Awesome

Dr. Awesome

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,865 posts
  • Joined 18-March 10

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

Jose Reyes had the most pathetic defense I've seen from a shortstop since Hanley played the position. WTF was the play where he sortof waltzed past the grounder? Hoping this team fizzles and we can get some entertainment from Ozzie and the gang during the meltdown.

#50 Daywalker

Daywalker

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,828 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

Great move to bring Ali out, looking noticeably worse, to start things off on a huge downer. Sure Ali and his family want the appearance fee but the Marlins should have passed on this. Ali has no relevance to the event and it was more sad then anything IMO. Would have been cooler to have brought out the first W.S. winning team and remind everyone that they have a shot but rich history.

Edited by Daywalker, 05 April 2012 - 01:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users