Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,892 posts
  • Joined 20-February 06
  • Interests:Winning the $250,000 from the FPC

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

Per rotoworld

Eagles LT Jason Peters will undergo surgery April 2 for a ruptured Achilles suffered in a recent workout. Facing 9-12 months of rehab, Peters is certain to start the season on the PUP list -- if not miss the entirety of 2012. Graded as the best left tackle in football last season by Pro Football Focus as well as respected analysts, Peters is perhaps the team's most valuable player outside of Michael Vick. His loss puts a dent in the fantasy prospects of both Vick and LeSean McCoy. Backup King Dunlap represents a weak link an offensive line that figured to show continued improvement.

and eagles fans can kiss their playoff hopes next season good-bye!

KISS THE RING!!!

#2 DoubleG

DoubleG

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,829 posts
  • Joined 03-June 05

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

Per rotoworld

Eagles LT Jason Peters will undergo surgery April 2 for a ruptured Achilles suffered in a recent workout.
Facing 9-12 months of rehab, Peters is certain to start the season on the PUP list -- if not miss the entirety of 2012. Graded as the best left tackle in football last season by Pro Football Focus as well as respected analysts, Peters is perhaps the team's most valuable player outside of Michael Vick. His loss puts a dent in the fantasy prospects of both Vick and LeSean McCoy. Backup King Dunlap represents a weak link an offensive line that figured to show continued improvement.

and eagles fans can kiss their playoff hopes next season good-bye!

What? No faith in King Dunlap?? But his first name is KING!!!!

statistics don't lie, just people who use them

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just not their own set of facts.

Physical disabilities does NOT include obesity.  Take the stairs, fattie.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't think of a single problem in life that can't be solved with laser beams.

Public Service Announcement: If this had been an actual response to your thread, the feeble attempt at poor humor would have been followed by actual helpful advice. As this is likely not a helpful response in any measurable way, please simply consider the above post a free bump.

#3 rizzler

rizzler

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 3,076 posts
  • Joined 14-May 10

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

Shady has officially changed his name to Lady, for the 2012 season.
Walk don't run, because running hurt's me too much.
Houston I think we have a problem.

#4 grateful zed

grateful zed

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,113 posts
  • Joined 20-August 09

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

dream team :thumbup:

#5 Banemorth

Banemorth

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,393 posts
  • Joined 13-September 11
  • Interests:Reading, Metal Detecting, FOOTBALL.

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

dream team :thumbup:

:lmao:

#6 MAC_32

MAC_32

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,438 posts
  • Joined 29-January 08

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

Music to the ears of Demetrius Bell's bank account.

#7 couchpotatoe

couchpotatoe

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 26-March 12

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

good thing vick is a lefty then, so he can see it coming

#8 Couch Potato

Couch Potato

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,419 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

LOL at the new CP. This is really awful news though, seriously. Peters was a big part of moving that offense. This will hurt them a lot.
I just do what the little voices tell me to do.

#9 Mark Wimer

Mark Wimer

Footballguy

• Pip
  • 5,117 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

LOL at the new CP. This is really awful news though, seriously. Peters was a big part of moving that offense. This will hurt them a lot.

The Eagles were third in the NFL averaging 5.1 yards per rush, so there's a long way down for them to go - I don't think that this loss is as devastating as it would have been during regular season (when Free Agency is long past and there are only 'street' guys or undrafted rookies around to pick up), but there is no doubt that losing Peters could move the Eagles back down closer to the "typical" NFL range of 4.1 to 4.2 yards per rush on average - say perhaps 4.5 or 4.4 per tote, which would still be top ten but not "elite". I think it'll especially hurt in the red-zone where the field gets compressed and there isn't as much opportunity for Vick and McCoy to burst into spaces...also Vick will have more pass pressure now unless the Eagles get a really top-shelf replacement for Peters...

#10 bostonfred

bostonfred

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40,163 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

LOL at the new CP.

Should have to change it to couch potato fan imo
R.I.P. shiny 5/25/09

#11 Shutout

Shutout

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,467 posts
  • Joined 15-March 10

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

The Eagles were third in the NFL averaging 5.1 yards per rush, so there's a long way down for them to go - I don't think that this loss is as devastating as it would have been during regular season (when Free Agency is long past and there are only 'street' guys or undrafted rookies around to pick up), but there is no doubt that losing Peters could move the Eagles back down closer to the "typical" NFL range of 4.1 to 4.2 yards per rush on average - say perhaps 4.5 or 4.4 per tote, which would still be top ten but not "elite". I think it'll especially hurt in the red-zone where the field gets compressed and there isn't as much opportunity for Vick and McCoy to burst into spaces...also Vick will have more pass pressure now unless the Eagles get a really top-shelf replacement for Peters...

The Eagles were 5th in rushing the past two seasons with Jason Peters and 22nd in rushing the two previous years. One of those years Peters was there but didn't play all games. I guess it is debatable but I think this is more impactful than what many may think.

Edited by Shutout, 30 March 2012 - 11:34 AM.

#12 Amused to Death

Amused to Death

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,627 posts
  • Joined 13-August 09

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

LOL at the new CP.

This is really awful news though, seriously. Peters was a big part of moving that offense. This will hurt them a lot.

The Eagles were 5th in rushing the past two seasons with Jason Peters and 22nd in rushing the two previous years. One of those years Peters was there but didn't play all games. I guess it is debatable but I think this is more impactful than what many may think.

What was the impact of a mobile Mike Vick on those rushing numbers? He's been the starter the last 2 seasons. Before that it was McNabb who didn't want to run.

"In the land of cubicles, the man with two monitors is king. I pity my uni-monitor subjects, but I can not respect them." - Dilbert

"You're a temporary arrangement of matter sliding toward oblivion in a cold, uncaring universe" - Dogbert

#13 tommyGunZ

tommyGunZ

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40,167 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

LOL at the new CP.

#14 ExaltedOne

ExaltedOne

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Joined 11-May 05

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

Well this should have an impact on the draft. I could see them taking a tackle in round 1 now.

#15 matttyl

matttyl

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,292 posts
  • Joined 27-August 10

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

What was the impact of a mobile Mike Vick on those rushing numbers? He's been the starter the last 2 seasons. Before that it was McNabb who didn't want to run.

In terms of YPC, they were #3 in 2011, #1 in 2010 (Vicks first year), #11 in 2009 (Peters' first year), and #21 in 2008 (prior to Peters or Vick).

As for McCoy himself, he was 4.8 YPC in 2011, 5.2 YPC in 2010, 4.1 YPC in 2009, and prior to that it was Westy with his 4.0 YPC in 2008.

#16 Dr. Octopus

Dr. Octopus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,736 posts
  • Joined 06-September 05

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Vick?

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. ~ Frank Sinatra

#17 ExaltedOne

ExaltedOne

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Joined 11-May 05

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

It could be worse. They have plenty of time left to fill the hole, with free agency, trades (Asante) and the draft all still possibilities. I don't think it's anything to get worked up about, or to downgrade their players. I agree with Doc that the success of their rushing attack the last two years has more to do with Vick's threat on the ground than with Peters. Sure he's good, but he's 31 and they would need to think about a replacement soon anyways. May as well start working on it now.

#18 Amused to Death

Amused to Death

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,627 posts
  • Joined 13-August 09

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

It could be worse. They have plenty of time left to fill the hole, with free agency, trades (Asante) and the draft all still possibilities.

I don't think it's anything to get worked up about, or to downgrade their players.

I agree with Doc that the success of their rushing attack the last two years has more to do with Vick's threat on the ground than with Peters. Sure he's good, but he's 31 and they would need to think about a replacement soon anyways. May as well start working on it now.

:kicksrock:

"In the land of cubicles, the man with two monitors is king. I pity my uni-monitor subjects, but I can not respect them." - Dilbert

"You're a temporary arrangement of matter sliding toward oblivion in a cold, uncaring universe" - Dogbert

#19 delusional

delusional

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,792 posts
  • Joined 23-August 03

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

This hurts alot. Peters helped elevate LG Mathis's play. Majority of their yards on the ground came out the left side too.

Edited by delusional, 30 March 2012 - 12:41 PM.

Andy Reid coaches like he's won three Super Bowls. And we, the media, talk about him like he's won four. - Jason Whitlock

#20 ExaltedOne

ExaltedOne

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Joined 11-May 05

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

It could be worse. They have plenty of time left to fill the hole, with free agency, trades (Asante) and the draft all still possibilities.

I don't think it's anything to get worked up about, or to downgrade their players.

I agree with Doc that the success of their rushing attack the last two years has more to do with Vick's threat on the ground than with Peters. Sure he's good, but he's 31 and they would need to think about a replacement soon anyways. May as well start working on it now.

:kicksrock:

I agree with you too :)

#21 Kleck

Kleck

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,749 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

LOL at the new CP.

Maybe he pronounces it po-tah-to.

#22 wiscstlatlmia

wiscstlatlmia

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,244 posts
  • Joined 06-January 10

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

lol at this awkward meeting of couch potatoes ...and at the quote

#23 Jason Wood

Jason Wood

Zoo York

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 8,382,944 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

This hurts, for sure. Peters is one of the best in the biz. But if we sign Bell and prioritize OT in the draft, we should be OK.

#24 scratcher

scratcher

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,830 posts
  • Joined 06-October 05

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

Anyone know what the deal with Marcus McNeill is? Any word on his neck? I assume if he was healthy he woudl be getting much more attention.

#25 JetMaxx

JetMaxx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Joined 18-October 03
  • Interests:Big Bucks

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

Wood you are the eternal optimist.

#26 JetMaxx

JetMaxx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Joined 18-October 03
  • Interests:Big Bucks

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

Anyone know what the deal with Marcus McNeill is? Any word on his neck? I assume if he was healthy he woudl be getting much more attention.

The guy's neck is jacked. IIRC he was nearly paralyzed in a game this year. OL poor SD released him and OL poor DET said no thanks.

#27 RedZone

RedZone

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 728 posts
  • Joined 20-May 05

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

LOL at the new CP.

Hmm, looks like former VP candidate Dan Quayle has joined FBG Your fans run in elite circles Bruce. LOL
2007 SSL 1-4 Points Champion
2008 SSL3 Runner Up
2009 SSL1 3rd place
2009 Shark Pool Survivor Week 17 - 17/583 finish
2010 SSL1 Runner Up

#28 BigTex

BigTex

Don't mess with Texas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,263 posts
  • Joined 22-July 03

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

LOL at the new CP.

:lmao: :lmao: Or CP jr

Edited by BigTex, 30 March 2012 - 08:55 PM.

"Football is my religion... the Shark Pool, my temple...the Draft Dominator, my tools of prayer and fear is not an option."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain..."

#29 Jason Wood

Jason Wood

Zoo York

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 8,382,944 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:40 AM

Wood you are the eternal optimist.

It's terrible news, I've said as much in this thread, the Eagles thread and on Twitter. But it's not a season ender. Few things would be.

#30 Nagle2998

Nagle2998

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 606 posts
  • Joined 17-April 03

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:46 AM

I think a lot of people are down playing what Peters means to this team in a big way. I know Vick is a lefty but unlike some Qb's Vick hold the ball way way to long and moves all over behind the line so blindspot or not without a stud LT he will get killed. Also if yu watch the Eagles you will see most of McCoy's big runs come with Peters or Kelce leading the way. Now the one good thing is I have a ton of faith that that Howard Mudd will make whoever plays LT look a lot better.

#31 thriftyrocker

thriftyrocker

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,190 posts
  • Joined 13-August 08

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

:banned:

#32 Superdbs

Superdbs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

So they signed Bell to a 5 yr deal today per Rotoworld. From a fantasy production standpoint are we feeling better about the o-line now? Buffalo's line seemed to be pretty decent last year with Bell a part of it.
It's a guaranteed disaster, like eating a burrito right before sex

#33 SelenaCat

SelenaCat

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 472 posts
  • Joined 31-May 04

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

It won't be as good, but Bell will do fine. It might temper the projections for McCoy somewhat as part of his success was due to Peters, but I think the overall FFP's for the Eagles will still remain fairly steady.

Edited by SelenaCat, 04 April 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#34 matttyl

matttyl

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,292 posts
  • Joined 27-August 10

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

But since it's a 5 year deal, what does that say about Peter's being an Eagle long term? He's due $10.4M next year I believe.

#35 VA703

VA703

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,753 posts
  • Joined 28-March 12

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

BOW TO THE BROW

#36 Superdbs

Superdbs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

But since it's a 5 year deal, what does that say about Peter's being an Eagle long term? He's due $10.4M next year I believe.

From what I'm reading, it's supposedly a pretty front-loaded deal with not much money guaranteed beyond 2012, so doesn't look like they're trying to make a long-term committment to him. Even if everything was going perfectly, McCoy would still have a helluva job repeating a 20 TD, top 2 fantasy finish. Just hoping this doesn't drag him down too much. I would suspect Vick is the one in a lot more trouble unless they jell quickly. Thank god for football in general and fantasy in particular that this is going to be a normal season with OTA's and training camp and plenty of lead time to get organized.

Edited by Superdbs, 04 April 2012 - 11:15 AM.

It's a guaranteed disaster, like eating a burrito right before sex

#37 Jason Wood

Jason Wood

Zoo York

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 8,382,944 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

The deal appears to be a one-year deal with a team option to make it a longer-term deal if Bell's "tryout" this year goes well. Signing him, particularly if we aren't committed beyond this year, is a much better move than doing nothing. Is he Jason Peters? Certainly not, few are. But is he better than King Dunlap? OF COURSE.

#38 DoubleG

DoubleG

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,829 posts
  • Joined 03-June 05

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

The deal appears to be a one-year deal with a team option to make it a longer-term deal if Bell's "tryout" this year goes well. Signing him, particularly if we aren't committed beyond this year, is a much better move than doing nothing. Is he Jason Peters? Certainly not, few are. But is he better than King Dunlap? OF COURSE.

Two things I love about this post: 1) The use of "we" when referring to the team. What position do you play again? ;) Just kidding - we all do that - it's just funnier (to me) when staff does it 2) Any post that has "King Dunlap" thrown in is :moneybag:

statistics don't lie, just people who use them

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just not their own set of facts.

Physical disabilities does NOT include obesity.  Take the stairs, fattie.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't think of a single problem in life that can't be solved with laser beams.

Public Service Announcement: If this had been an actual response to your thread, the feeble attempt at poor humor would have been followed by actual helpful advice. As this is likely not a helpful response in any measurable way, please simply consider the above post a free bump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users