Zimm

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Joined 05-May 09
  • Interests:Fantasy-FootballU.com

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

What is his PPR dynasty value? I am in a flex PPR league and i am trying to rebuild a bit because i have made 2 big moves for the future of my team already. I do think my team in PPR is good enough to make the playoffs and maybe get lucky enough to win it all. I think Bush's value down right now because most don't think he can have a repeat performance. I don't think he will do what he did last year, but i don't see a huge drop in numbers. Back to my question what rookie pick(s) or players would you want or give for Bush? I think i might be better off waiting until mid-season to load up a playoff team: The Roster is below (Bada Bing)

Check out my Dynasty Rankings From Fantasty-FootballU.com

Twitter:

@FFootballU

@Zimm2213

#2 Warhogs

Warhogs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,815 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

I think if you are looking to move him now you might find interest in late round 1. You have already stated the reasons, nobody believes in him. I could see a top team wanting to add an extra RB trading a late round 1 for him.

#3 Zimm

Zimm

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Joined 05-May 09

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

I have had a few guys kicking the tires on him, but i have a feeling waiting might benefit me more. Plus he is my flex starter in PPR so i am not about to give him away for a player/picks i don't feel will help me long term.

Twitter:

@FFootballU

@Zimm2213

#4 wdcrob

wdcrob

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11,917 posts
  • Joined 15-July 06

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'm a believer that he's going to have a couple nice years and think he might be a late bloomer, so I've picked him up in three leagues this off-season. Once for Witten, once for Michael Bush plus the ~#14 rookie pick, and once for the ~#16 rookie pick a #10 developmental. I'd guess that translates to the #8-10 rookie pick?

#5 Zimm

Zimm

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Joined 05-May 09

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

I'm a believer that he's going to have a couple nice years and think he might be a late bloomer, so I've picked him up in three leagues this off-season. Once for Witten, once for Michael Bush plus the ~#14 rookie pick, and once for the ~#16 rookie pick a #10 developmental. I'd guess that translates to the #8-10 rookie pick?

I agree i think he could be on the same path as Thomas Jones, but i see his value cut in half in non PPR leagues because i don't see him getting a lot of rushing TD's.

Twitter:

@FFootballU

@Zimm2213

#6 Prussian

Prussian

Footballguy

• Street Team
  • Pip
  • 2,034 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

How does Thomas complicate his value? If Miami goes heavy on the run this year, I think it elevates Thomas more than Bush. That is, is Bush durable enough to be more than a third down back to survive the season? ... or does he become a slot receiver option like Harvin is being used in Minnesota? Which may increase his PPR value indirectly.
Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech . . .

Note: I suffer from "Happy Fingers". This condition can lead to typos and, occassionally, a slap in the face.

#7 Zimm

Zimm

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Joined 05-May 09

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

I think he will be used more like Sproles then Harvin, but i see more carries for him.

Twitter:

@FFootballU

@Zimm2213

#8 JPeso

JPeso

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,280 posts
  • Joined 06-July 07

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Less carries, more catches. Net change in scoring won't be huge, but I would expect a slight decrease. His owners that have put him on the block in my leagues are expecting me to pay a top RB12-14 price, which just ain't happening. Fair value is a guy like Titus, Cobb, Baldwin, 1.10-2.2 ish and in all but the utmost dire straits (luckily not an issue), I would rather keep the WR or pick-value equivalent (late 1st to early 2nd). You probably won't have luck dealing Reggie into another RB, hence WR/pick talk instead.

#9 Zimm

Zimm

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Joined 05-May 09

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Yeah i have had offers of 1.10 and then R.Cobb even up (Not a fan of his) and am in the works of moving him for Ingram.

Twitter:

@FFootballU

@Zimm2213

#10 Torn-ACL

Torn-ACL

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 29-April 11

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:24 AM

My offer of Cobb and Hillis was rejected in one league. I think he is generally overvalued by this owners at this point.

#11 Thewhiteknuckler

Thewhiteknuckler

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 09-March 12

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

I think 7 or 8 is fair for bush in ppr and as a flex he could be gold if they expand his role in the oassing game

#12 scothawk

scothawk

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 374 posts
  • Joined 24-April 07

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

I have Bush in a league where we get 0.5 pt per yard rushing, and 1 pt per yard receiving. Adding in PPR I am delighted if he has receiving yards > rushing yards. My other RB are weak (Benson, K Smith, Hunter, Gerhart) and I pick too late to get an impact rookie, so I am hoping for his role to continue in line with his progress last year. However I think Thomas will have somethign to say about this. Even with our quirky scoring sytem I have him at RB2 level in my league, but in my position I will take it right now.
Alpha Company: One Team League - Perennial Champs (unbeaten)

#13 football fan

football fan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Joined 29-May 04

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

How does Thomas complicate his value? If Miami goes heavy on the run this year, I think it elevates Thomas more than Bush. That is, is Bush durable enough to be more than a third down back to survive the season? ... or does he become a slot receiver option like Harvin is being used in Minnesota? Which may increase his PPR value indirectly.

That is the question in my mind, I had acquired Thomas late last year as a throw in when I dealt Brees for a boat load of picks and Thomas, if Thomas gets past his lingering hammey issues, how does Thomas project scoring wise in fantasy football? Miami may not have a good QB for a year or two, so how does an owner project Bush's fantasy football scoring for the next year or two?

#14 The Clamface

The Clamface

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Joined 15-February 12

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

I just traded Reggie Bush so maybe this will help you gauge his value. I traded Reggie Bush and Steve Smith (Car) for 1.6 and Michael Crabtree. Basically it came down to Steve Smith was not enough to get the 1.6, so I included Reggie and he Crabtree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users