Zimm

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Joined 05-May 09
  • Interests:Fantasy-FootballU.com

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

What is his PPR dynasty value? I am in a flex PPR league and i am trying to rebuild a bit because i have made 2 big moves for the future of my team already. I do think my team in PPR is good enough to make the playoffs and maybe get lucky enough to win it all. I think Bush's value down right now because most don't think he can have a repeat performance. I don't think he will do what he did last year, but i don't see a huge drop in numbers. Back to my question what rookie pick(s) or players would you want or give for Bush? I think i might be better off waiting until mid-season to load up a playoff team: The Roster is below (Bada Bing)

Check out my Dynasty Rankings From Fantasty-FootballU.com

Twitter:

@FFootballU

@Zimm2213

#2 Warhogs

Warhogs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,009 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

I think if you are looking to move him now you might find interest in late round 1. You have already stated the reasons, nobody believes in him. I could see a top team wanting to add an extra RB trading a late round 1 for him.

#3 Zimm

Zimm

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Joined 05-May 09

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

I have had a few guys kicking the tires on him, but i have a feeling waiting might benefit me more. Plus he is my flex starter in PPR so i am not about to give him away for a player/picks i don't feel will help me long term.

Twitter:

@FFootballU

@Zimm2213

#4 wdcrob

wdcrob

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,703 posts
  • Joined 15-July 06

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'm a believer that he's going to have a couple nice years and think he might be a late bloomer, so I've picked him up in three leagues this off-season. Once for Witten, once for Michael Bush plus the ~#14 rookie pick, and once for the ~#16 rookie pick a #10 developmental. I'd guess that translates to the #8-10 rookie pick?
Seven Rounds in April (@7RoundsInApril)
Updated Rookie Rankings (7/4)

Adam Harstad, on 21 Aug 2014: There was no fantasy before the nerds started playing. Who do you think sat around and thought "man, football is great, but I think I'd like it a lot more if two days later I could meticulously tabulate all of the statistics of a predetermined set of players by hand and compare those directly against the statistics of another predetermined set of players assembled by someone else to determine which of us was better able to predict player performances"?

#5 Zimm

Zimm

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Joined 05-May 09

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

I'm a believer that he's going to have a couple nice years and think he might be a late bloomer, so I've picked him up in three leagues this off-season. Once for Witten, once for Michael Bush plus the ~#14 rookie pick, and once for the ~#16 rookie pick a #10 developmental. I'd guess that translates to the #8-10 rookie pick?

I agree i think he could be on the same path as Thomas Jones, but i see his value cut in half in non PPR leagues because i don't see him getting a lot of rushing TD's.

Twitter:

@FFootballU

@Zimm2213

#6 Prussian

Prussian

Footballguy

• Street Team
  • Pip
  • 2,035 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

How does Thomas complicate his value? If Miami goes heavy on the run this year, I think it elevates Thomas more than Bush. That is, is Bush durable enough to be more than a third down back to survive the season? ... or does he become a slot receiver option like Harvin is being used in Minnesota? Which may increase his PPR value indirectly.
Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech . . .

Note: I suffer from "Happy Fingers". This condition can lead to typos and, occassionally, a slap in the face.

#7 Zimm

Zimm

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Joined 05-May 09

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

I think he will be used more like Sproles then Harvin, but i see more carries for him.

Twitter:

@FFootballU

@Zimm2213

#8 JPeso

JPeso

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,410 posts
  • Joined 06-July 07

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Less carries, more catches. Net change in scoring won't be huge, but I would expect a slight decrease. His owners that have put him on the block in my leagues are expecting me to pay a top RB12-14 price, which just ain't happening. Fair value is a guy like Titus, Cobb, Baldwin, 1.10-2.2 ish and in all but the utmost dire straits (luckily not an issue), I would rather keep the WR or pick-value equivalent (late 1st to early 2nd). You probably won't have luck dealing Reggie into another RB, hence WR/pick talk instead.

#9 Zimm

Zimm

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,221 posts
  • Joined 05-May 09

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Yeah i have had offers of 1.10 and then R.Cobb even up (Not a fan of his) and am in the works of moving him for Ingram.

Twitter:

@FFootballU

@Zimm2213

#10 Torn-ACL

Torn-ACL

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 29-April 11

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:24 AM

My offer of Cobb and Hillis was rejected in one league. I think he is generally overvalued by this owners at this point.

#11 Thewhiteknuckler

Thewhiteknuckler

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 09-March 12

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

I think 7 or 8 is fair for bush in ppr and as a flex he could be gold if they expand his role in the oassing game

#12 scothawk

scothawk

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 394 posts
  • Joined 24-April 07

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

I have Bush in a league where we get 0.5 pt per yard rushing, and 1 pt per yard receiving. Adding in PPR I am delighted if he has receiving yards > rushing yards. My other RB are weak (Benson, K Smith, Hunter, Gerhart) and I pick too late to get an impact rookie, so I am hoping for his role to continue in line with his progress last year. However I think Thomas will have somethign to say about this. Even with our quirky scoring sytem I have him at RB2 level in my league, but in my position I will take it right now.
Alpha Company: One Team League - Perennial Champs (unbeaten)

#13 football fan

football fan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,225 posts
  • Joined 29-May 04

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

How does Thomas complicate his value? If Miami goes heavy on the run this year, I think it elevates Thomas more than Bush. That is, is Bush durable enough to be more than a third down back to survive the season? ... or does he become a slot receiver option like Harvin is being used in Minnesota? Which may increase his PPR value indirectly.

That is the question in my mind, I had acquired Thomas late last year as a throw in when I dealt Brees for a boat load of picks and Thomas, if Thomas gets past his lingering hammey issues, how does Thomas project scoring wise in fantasy football? Miami may not have a good QB for a year or two, so how does an owner project Bush's fantasy football scoring for the next year or two?

#14 The Clamface

The Clamface

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Joined 15-February 12

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

I just traded Reggie Bush so maybe this will help you gauge his value. I traded Reggie Bush and Steve Smith (Car) for 1.6 and Michael Crabtree. Basically it came down to Steve Smith was not enough to get the 1.6, so I included Reggie and he Crabtree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users