Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,668 posts
  • Joined 19-November 04
  • Interests:Breathing

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

A true legend :(
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. - Inigo Montoya

#2 VA703

VA703

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,031 posts
  • Joined 28-March 12

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

wow.. that sad
The man, became suspicious when he noticed a strange odor coming from his wife’s genitals

#3 cstu

cstu

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50,107 posts
  • Joined 20-August 04

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

wow.. that sad

How long did you want him to live?
“He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary.”

#4 KingPrawn

KingPrawn

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,571 posts
  • Joined 22-October 05

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

I guess his time was up
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - JFK

"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi

#5 honky kong

honky kong

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,503 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:you

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Tonight's episode was a good reminder of how great he was. The world of journalism is poorer without him.

#6 Da Guru

Da Guru

Fair & Balanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29,336 posts
  • Joined 28-June 03

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

Not sad at all. At 93 his life should be celebrated. :thumbup: Sad is a baby or teen dying before his/her time.

#7 pittstownkiller

pittstownkiller

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,741 posts
  • Joined 30-August 10

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Not sad at all. At 93 his life should be celebrated. :thumbup: Sad is a baby or teen dying before his/her time.

You are right about this.
[/quote]

#8 peaces

peaces

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Joined 31-March 10

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

Tonight's episode was a good reminder of how great he was. The world of journalism is poorer without him.

Excellent broadcast tonight.

#9 General Malaise

General Malaise

Poop Lord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58,924 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

:goodposting: Could have watched 3-4 hours of that.
"You see, I am uninvolved, and my posture in life is one of detachment, irony, and amusement, which may not be a particularly lofty posture but which nevertheless has the redeeming merit of having not the slightest notion of what is good for you." - Frederick Exley

#10 Smack Tripper

Smack Tripper

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,579 posts
  • Joined 28-May 04

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

I agree totally. Hope they do some kind of meatier retrospective. Do 60 minutes go into "repeats" ? I may be a total :nerd: but I've always throught there was a market for stuff like this, throw old 60 minutes up on some channel. I'd love to see them.
The smack is back!!

#11 General Malaise

General Malaise

Poop Lord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58,924 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

I agree totally. Hope they do some kind of meatier retrospective. Do 60 minutes go into "repeats" ? I may be a total :nerd: but I've always throught there was a market for stuff like this, throw old 60 minutes up on some channel. I'd love to see them.

I'd watch that too. I didn't know anything about the My Lai Massacre until tonight. Wallace's interview with one of the Americans who participated in that massacre was so chilling. Reading up on it makes me pretty sick to my stomach and reinforces the belief I hold that Richard Nixon was pure and utter evil.
"You see, I am uninvolved, and my posture in life is one of detachment, irony, and amusement, which may not be a particularly lofty posture but which nevertheless has the redeeming merit of having not the slightest notion of what is good for you." - Frederick Exley

#12 wikkidpissah

wikkidpissah

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,000 posts
  • Joined 30-October 07

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

:goodposting:

Could have watched 3-4 hours of that.

I agree totally. Hope they do some kind of meatier retrospective. Do 60 minutes go into "repeats" ?

I may be a total :nerd: but I've always throught there was a market for stuff like this, throw old 60 minutes up on some channel. I'd love to see them.

I'd watch that too.

I didn't know anything about the My Lai Massacre until tonight. Wallace's interview with one of the Americans who participated in that massacre was so chilling. Reading up on it makes me pretty sick to my stomach and reinforces the belief I hold that Richard Nixon was pure and utter evil.

this, doods - watch it. there is no better indication of what a clusterhug Nam was than that even My Lai had heroes. if this piece - one of Wallace's best & that's saying a lot - dont break your heart 4 times, check your pulse cuz you might be dead.

#13 wikkidpissah

wikkidpissah

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,000 posts
  • Joined 30-October 07

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:05 AM

Couldnt find a link but, if you find a way to watch "90 minutes on 60 Minutes" from PBS's American Masters a few yrs ago, you owe yourselves to do so. To watch Wallace & Don Hewitt - the best interviewer and best newsman in broadcast history, respectively - fight like feral dogs over what goes in and is cut out of stories is to know what's best and mourn what's presently worst about TV news.

Edited by wikkidpissah, 16 April 2012 - 07:06 AM.

#14 Smack Tripper

Smack Tripper

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,579 posts
  • Joined 28-May 04

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:12 AM

Couldnt find a link but, if you find a way to watch "90 minutes on 60 Minutes" from PBS's American Masters a few yrs ago, you owe yourselves to do so. To watch Wallace & Don Hewitt - the best interviewer and best newsman in broadcast history, respectively - fight like feral dogs over what goes in and is cut out of stories is to know what's best and mourn what's presently worst about TV news.

:goodposting: yes i've seen that and its as good as you advertise.
The smack is back!!

#15 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,575 posts
  • Joined 07-July 04

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

There a '60 Minutes on CNBC' that airs segments with updates and additional footage. I've not seen any "classic" episodes on there though.
<---THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK--->

#16 honky kong

honky kong

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,503 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:you

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

I'd watch that too. I didn't know anything about the My Lai Massacre until tonight. Wallace's interview with one of the Americans who participated in that massacre was so chilling. Reading up on it makes me pretty sick to my stomach and reinforces the belief I hold that Richard Nixon was pure and utter evil.

There is an PBS American Experience episode about it on the NetFlix streaming if you have it. I've had it in my queue for months but haven't managed to watch it.

#17 cubd8

cubd8

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,424 posts
  • Joined 15-May 03

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

Anyone see Chris Wallace interview David Axelrod yesterday on Fox News Sunday? That guy doesn't answer any questions, and Wallace just dominated that interview.

#18 wikkidpissah

wikkidpissah

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,000 posts
  • Joined 30-October 07

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

Anyone see Chris Wallace interview David Axelrod yesterday on Fox News Sunday? That guy doesn't answer any questions, and Wallace just dominated that interview.

off point & the younger Wallace hasnt dominated an interview since namedropping daddy got him an internship, but Axelrod IS a worthless POS (as opposed to valuable ones) who 1st gave me pause way back when i hoped Obama would build his own Camelot & save the world.

#19 Sea Duck

Sea Duck

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,252 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

Here is last week's tribute to Wallace on "60 Minutes": http://www.huffingto....html?ref=media

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users