scottybo

code

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,433 posts
  • Joined 29-July 03

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

Link

Click the 2nd picture below the video and press play for the original video. It was deleted from Youtube.

Parents are reacting to sexually explicit video that's surfaced from Murphy High School prom.

The video shows students dancing to loud music. The ones featured in the video are either mugging for the camera or, in some cases simulating sex acts with their dancing.

In the nine minute edited video some people try to stop the shooter from recording the dancing. The video was posted to YouTube on April 2nd has about 11-hundred hits today.

We showed the video to parents around downtown Mobile this afternoon. Most people we talked with said this just wasn't appropriate behavior for high school students.

"I'm outraged but not surprised because I've seen this sort of stuff coming for a few years," Theresa McPherson, Exec. Director Lights of Empowerment.

The Mobile County Public School System released a statement saying it does not condone inappropriate behavior. "Students need to value themselves and value others when students behave badly it reflects poorly on the entire school and the students' parents. Students need to think before they act."

This isn't something school administrators want to see. The principal of Murphy High School says he was initially horrified by a video posted to YouTube from the school’s prom. He says they had 26 chaperones and five administrators at the convention center that night. 31 people were watching more than 800 kids. Smith says they didn't see anyone doing these freaky moves.

“When we see it we break it up, I don't think anybody observed this,” says Smith. They may not have had enough chaperones or it may be hard to spot. When kids do this they huddle to avoid adult eyes. The principal says the vast majority of students behaved themselves that night. This is just a slice of what happened that night. The video - which was pulled off line after we broke the story - only shows nine minutes out of a four hour long prom. Smith says even though a small amount of students acted out of line it's not okay and they may pursue disciplinary action.

“I am going to hold those students accountable what I am going to do I haven't decided yet but they definitely need to be held accountable and they're parents need to know they were involved in this,” says Smith.

Edited by scottybo, 10 April 2012 - 06:54 PM.

[center]Killing the Spies on FootballGuys.com since June, 2004. Spyware - 0 / Me - 300

#2 scottybo

scottybo

code

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,433 posts
  • Joined 29-July 03

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Also, what's the deal with flashing money around while dancing? :confused:
[center]Killing the Spies on FootballGuys.com since June, 2004. Spyware - 0 / Me - 300

#3 Judge Smails

Judge Smails

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,160 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

As someone with 18 and 20 year old daughters this is disgusting. I know younger FBG's on the giving end of this might think differently. You might think differently when you have daughters of your own. I actually saw this last month when I was on my Club Trip in the Bahamas and it happend to be Spring Break. Back in the day the angle was making sure you had the girl you wanted when the long version of Reasons from Earth Wind and Fire came on for the last slow dance. Young people - learn to dance. Seriously. Girls - have some self respect. In my opinion this is one of the bigger scams ever. Hard to believe girls fell for this as the only way to dance now. If they are that dumb........
"Gambling is illegal at Bushwood, sir, and I never slice".

#4 Pots

Pots

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,966 posts
  • Joined 11-August 04

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

As someone with 18 and 20 year old daughters this is disgusting. I know younger FBG's on the giving end of this might think differently. You might think differently when you have daughters of your own. I actually saw this last month when I was on my Club Trip in the Bahamas and it happend to be Spring Break. Back in the day the angle was making sure you had the girl you wanted when the long version of Reasons from Earth Wind and Fire came on for the last slow dance. Young people - learn to dance. Seriously. Girls - have some self respect. In my opinion this is one of the bigger scams ever. Hard to believe girls fell for this as the only way to dance now. If they are that dumb........

The only ones to blame are the girls themselves imo. They're just being who they are.

#5 Fennis

Fennis

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,145 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

You know parents are the same, no matter time nor place. They don't understand that us kids are going to make some mistakes. So to you other kids all across the land, there's no need to argue. Parents just don't understand.

#6 Ilov80s

Ilov80s

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,162 posts
  • Joined 17-September 06

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

As a student and teacher, over the last 15 years, I have been to many Proms and I must say that males and females simulating sex acts has occurred at every Prom I have been at. That is just how people are dancing now. As a teacher, I'd break it up, but what I can do when the song, "Grind On Me" is playing and the students are grinding on each other. It isn't a good thing, but this is how people are dancing now.
Living well is the best revenge.
-George Hebert

#7 Arizona Ron

Arizona Ron

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,207 posts
  • Joined 28-October 08
  • Interests:Switchin up speeds like Bruce Lee ridin a Fuji in a movie

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

Most kids don't know how to dance nowadays.

#8 Shrugs

Shrugs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,199 posts
  • Joined 08-June 11

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

The town should ban dancing.

#9 Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub

Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,256 posts
  • Joined 03-April 08

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

Things have changed a lot. Many more overweight young women.

#10 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60,012 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

Am I the only one who read prom as pron?
If you need a yard, I'll get you three. If you need five yards, I'll get you three.

#11 Addai's Adidas

Addai's Adidas

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,893 posts
  • Joined 18-April 07
  • Location:I wonder how much junk I an cram in here? More, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more, more,

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:55 AM

What I remember is my mom putting us in the limo that 2 friends and I saved up for and making sure the driver would not allow drinking. We then gave the driver $20, picked up everyone, got drunk, smoked about 30 joints and had sex in the back. That was 1988. Kids are so much worse now.

#12 ditka...mike ditka

ditka...mike ditka

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

#13 WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,532 posts
  • Joined 09-June 09

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:11 AM

Teach your daughters self respect.

------------------------------------
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#14 Sand

Sand

FBG firee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,364 posts
  • Joined 24-April 03

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:35 AM

Those girls aren't doing anything in that vid with their clothes on that they haven't done in many other places with their clothes off.
FFA Podium Results
FFA Race Calendar

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H.L Mencken

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. -Sir Winston Churchill

#15 Al Czervik

Al Czervik

Not wearing pants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,615 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

That girl in the green dress was working it hard on Al Harris. All kidding aside, that was bad. I hope I can teach my daughter better self respect.
[Not Al_Czervik]

#16 Ilov80s

Ilov80s

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,162 posts
  • Joined 17-September 06

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

The girls are the ones leading the way on the erotic dancing front, not the boys. What are the girls getting scammed out of anyway? Missing out on a chance to do the Waltz?
Living well is the best revenge.
-George Hebert

#17 nysportsfan

nysportsfan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,548 posts
  • Joined 18-March 10

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

What's the problem here?

#18 joffer

joffer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24,433 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:i collect spores, molds, and fungus

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

and Quiet Riot

#19 Socrates11

Socrates11

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,838 posts
  • Joined 19-September 07

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

Some say women hold the key to maintaining civilization, because men are dogs and will naturally act like depraved lunatics without a woman's civilizing influence. Civilization is in trouble.
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us."

#20 Warpig

Warpig

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,129 posts
  • Joined 17-April 03

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

I :wub: sluts.

#21 Wrigley

Wrigley

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,677 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05
  • Interests:Little of this, little of that

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:14 AM

Teach your daughters self respect.

that was my first thought, these kids have no self respect.

It's human nature to stick with traditional beliefs, even after they outlast any conceivable utility.- Jim Pinkerton
Freedom is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear- George Orwell

XBL: MASTERH8

My god, Wrigley sucks.

how I live my life

#22 WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,532 posts
  • Joined 09-June 09

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

I don't think I would want to be the person that uploaded the video. In hindsight, that doesn't seem like a good idea.

------------------------------------
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#23 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60,012 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

Some say women hold the key to maintaining civilization, because men are dogs and will naturally act like depraved lunatics without a woman's civilizing influence. Civilization is in trouble.

Isn't this what happened to Rome?
If you need a yard, I'll get you three. If you need five yards, I'll get you three.

#24 pittstownkiller

pittstownkiller

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,741 posts
  • Joined 30-August 10

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:42 AM

Blame MTV for the grind type dancing and of course the parents allowing their daughters to watch it.
[/quote]

#25 Godsbrother

Godsbrother

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20,772 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

Disgusting. The music that is...

#26 sbonomo

sbonomo

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,237 posts
  • Joined 17-July 03

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

First of all, most of these kids are probably sexually active. Second, it is in Mobile. Third, get a life, most of these kids will be in college or out in the work force next year. Not much to see here.

#27 No. 16

No. 16

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,759 posts
  • Joined 17-April 03

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

???? Nothing to see here. Go to any club out here in the Bay and you'll see young professionals such as myself doing this. This is why I have always had the opinion that dance clubs > strip clubs. ETA: How do you think girls dance in Vegas too?

Edited by No. 16, 11 April 2012 - 08:08 AM.

Between Lin's coming out party & No. 16's rebirth, I bow to our Asian American overlords.

Build a Basketball Franchise Draft League Links

Peer Rankings Spreadsheet
Build a Basketball Franchise Statistical Rankings with AGE
Build A Basketball Franchise Draft and Roster

#28 ODoyleRules

ODoyleRules

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,589 posts
  • Joined 01-November 05

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

I blame E.U.

#29 mozzy84

mozzy84

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Joined 30-November 04

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

for real?

#30 pittstownkiller

pittstownkiller

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,741 posts
  • Joined 30-August 10

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

for real?

Well back in the day for us, was to make sure we got the girls drunk.
[/quote]

#31 PlasmaDogPlasma

PlasmaDogPlasma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,241 posts
  • Joined 07-December 07

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

What I remember is my mom putting us in the limo that 2 friends and I saved up for and making sure the driver would not allow drinking. We then gave the driver $20, picked up everyone, got drunk, smoked about 30 joints and had sex in the back. That was 1988. Kids are so much worse now.

It is funny when we get these kind of threads how many FBGs act like they spent their senior year free time in prayer and bible study.

#32 Al Czervik

Al Czervik

Not wearing pants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,615 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

It is funny when we get these kind of threads how many FBGs act like they spent their senior year free time in prayer and bible study.

I think it's more about what people do or how they act in public. There should be a certain sense of self respect/dignity. But I guess if your generation was raised watching Jersey Shore, then you don't know better.
[Not Al_Czervik]

#33 Clifford

Clifford

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,464 posts
  • Joined 30-July 10

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Apparently this high school has all kinds of problems. Two kids attacked a teacher in the hallway with brass knuckles http://www.youtube.c...h?v=R0EK0Qe7lKE

Like most things I don't understand I wanted to punch its face.
-Binky the Doormat

Your constant hyperbole is ridiculous. You're to the FFA what Hitler was to Europe.
-Dr. Awesome

Some people learn by words, some people learn by consequences, some people can’t learn.
-Nick Saban

No one here seems to get its okay to be racist against white people

-johnjohn

#34 mozzy84

mozzy84

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Joined 30-November 04

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

I think it's more about what people do or how they act in public. There should be a certain sense of self respect/dignity.

But I guess if your generation was raised watching Jersey Shore, then you don't know better.

No its just now days everybody has a camera phone. I would bet 20-25 years ago we could get away with more and did worse things on average than kids today.

#35 St. Louis Bob

St. Louis Bob

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33,919 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Most kids don't know how to dance nowadays.

I thought you renounced your blackness? :confused:

Don't bother me, I'm eating fried chicken with Uni under an overpass.

#36 Judge Smails

Judge Smails

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,160 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

for real?

Yeah, stuff still happened back in the day but we had to work for it a bit back then. It's going to be great to see this generation of guys on the receiving end of Jersey Turnpikes have daughters. They might view the world differently. Of course by that time 85% of girls will be chickenheading by 5th grade.
"Gambling is illegal at Bushwood, sir, and I never slice".

#37 Gachi

Gachi

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 746 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Meh. Nothing different than what goes on in a club every weekend. That's all Prom is, a night at the club. Only difference is you're in dress clothes. I remember people showing up drunk out of their minds at my prom.

#38 Bull Dozier

Bull Dozier

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,010 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

I haven't watched the video, but someone tell me the difference between adults being upset about this video, my parents' generation getting upset about the style of dancing we did in high school, and their parents getting upset about the way they danced and Elvis' overt sexuality?
Xbox gamertag Nittany Dodger

#39 Disco Stu

Disco Stu

Confirmed FBGal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24,159 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:What about eggs?

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

First of all, most of these kids are probably sexually active. Second, it is in Mobile. Third, get a life, most of these kids will be in college or out in the work force next year. Not much to see here.

lol

He already knew about my Disco Stu dream and all he wanted to know was if I was going to leave him for Disco Stu.

Who doesn't want to do Stu? I'd brag that I'd done the Chuck Norris of FBG.

#40 DiStefano

DiStefano

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,677 posts
  • Joined 12-August 10

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

I don't remember my high school Pron.

#41 SlaX

SlaX

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,156 posts
  • Joined 05-August 06

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

I remember getting one after the prom.
"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life."

"Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. "
~ Elbert Hubbard

Most people emerge from suspension terribly undernourished. I want to congratulate you on beating the odds and somehow managing to pack on a few pounds.

Great work! Because this message is prerecorded, any observations related to your performance are speculation on our part. Please disregard any undeserved compliments.

XBox Live Gamertag: TravJam | Steam ID (click to view and add as friend) | Battlefield 3 stats (Battlelog)

#42 mr. furley

mr. furley

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53,497 posts
  • Joined 22-February 05

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

I blame E.U.

goodposting

#43 PlasmaDogPlasma

PlasmaDogPlasma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,241 posts
  • Joined 07-December 07

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

I don't remember my high school Pron.

I remember there was a whole lot of short hairs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users