#1 wjtait

wjtait

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined 06-April 11

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

12 team PPR/IDP Dynasty League I was thinking about proposing this trade and wanted to get some input. I was going to offer Brees, Finley, and Mike Wallace for A. Rodgers, and Gronk. Brees is 33 , Finley is 25, and Wallace turns 26 in August. Rodgers is 28 and will turn 29 in Dec, and Gronk turns 23 in 2 weeks. The main reason is to get younger at QB and TE, and to get Gronk who is an animal. I thought Finley would be, but hasn't quite panned out that way. Is it too much to give mike wallace to make this deal happen. I think he is going to lose some value this season with A. Brown stepping up a lot, and PITT moving back to a more run first offense. What do you guys think???

12 Team Dynasty PPR/IDP League 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1Flex, 1TE; 1DL, 2LB's, 1DB, 1Flex
QB: D.Brees, B. Hoyer
RB: J. Charles, A. Morris, M. Ball, S.Vereen, Andre.Brown, A. ellington,  M. Ingram, D. Thomas, R. Hillman,  
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, M.Wallace Wes Welker, Jarrett Boykin, Kenny Britt, Stephen Hill, Justin Hunter
TE: Gronk, Jared Cook, Z. Ertz, Z. Miller
LB: D. Washington, Sean Lee, Donald Butler, Curtis Lofton,  P. Wheeler,
DL: Robert Quinn, G. Hardy, R. Ninkovich
DB: A. Rolle

#2 fantasymailman

fantasymailman

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 02-April 12

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

I would offer the trade and hope the other owner takes the bait. I think with Dez Bryant, Kenny Britt, Julio Jones, and Wes Welker you are more than set at wide receiver so you can give up Mike Wallace who hasn't been all that consistent over the whole season. Also, with Bruce Arians not in Pittsburgh anymore, it remains to be seen how much Todd Haley will call deep passing plays which Wallace feeds on. Don't worry about giving up Wallace and don't look back if you can snatch up Gronkowski and Rodgers. That said, you might have to upgrade your offer even a bit more to get Rodgers and Gronkowski (maybe include Daniel Thomas if your initial offer is rejected).

#3 Fantasyfollow1

Fantasyfollow1

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 247 posts
  • Joined 25-August 11

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

12 team PPR/IDP Dynasty League I was thinking about proposing this trade and wanted to get some input. I was going to offer Brees, Finley, and Mike Wallace for A. Rodgers, and Gronk. Brees is 33 , Finley is 25, and Wallace turns 26 in August. Rodgers is 28 and will turn 29 in Dec, and Gronk turns 23 in 2 weeks. The main reason is to get younger at QB and TE, and to get Gronk who is an animal. I thought Finley would be, but hasn't quite panned out that way. Is it too much to give mike wallace to make this deal happen. I think he is going to lose some value this season with A. Brown stepping up a lot, and PITT moving back to a more run first offense. What do you guys think???

Seems like a fair offer to me, and with your team you can afford to lose Wallace. I would give it a shot to get Rodgers and Gronk.

#4 Donsmith753

Donsmith753

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,473 posts
  • Joined 21-October 09

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

Yeah I like it, do it.

HA3 Champion

#5 Prinefan

Prinefan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Joined 28-January 09

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

Do it if you can. Don't be surprised if it's turned down.

#6 meyerj31

meyerj31

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,786 posts
  • Joined 03-November 11

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:39 AM

I'd take the Brees side. Finley has disappointed, but he's still young and I believe the new contract will invigorate him. Some guys do not play well with injury risk and not having a contract and I think Finley was one of them. Gronk's value is tied to Brady. There are a ton of players that could step up big if they had Tom Brady throwing to them. Look at all the receivers Brady has had over the years and taken to the super bowl. Lots of mediocre talent. It's a mistake to put too much stock in Gronk. Brees will be a fantastic QB for the next 3 years, Wallace has a 1200-yard ceiling, and Finley has upside to 1,000 yards. I like that over a younger Brees and a tight end with most of his value tied to a 36-year old QB.

#7 Warhogs

Warhogs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,656 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

Offer it but I would actually be surprised if it is accepted unless that team really needs a WR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users