#1 Fensalk

Fensalk

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,789 posts
  • Joined 09-March 04

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

Obama and Romney have apparently the general election season with Santorum dropping out of the race. Both are training their guns at each other now. Let's look at the opening week of the campaign and what strategies they have chosen.

Links:

RCP's collection of polls between Romney and Obama: Current average is Obama +4.3
http://www.realclear...obama-1171.html

Week 1

President Barack Obama - When you are the incumbent, one of the most basic winning strategies is to focus on areas of agreement between you and your challenger. Doing this gives the illusion that there is little-to-no difference who wins the election. This can be an effective attack because it can kill enthusiasm for voting for your challenger.

This is the opening salvo of the Obama campaign in its opening week. Two stories highlight this plan of attack. One is where Team Obama says Ronald Reagan would have supported the Buffett Tax, even calling it the Reagan Tax to drive home the point. The purpose of this is to make the two parties look similar, as if the voters have no choice. A good way to do that is to take one of the GOP's idol's and make it seem like he'd support Obama. The second move was where Team Obama celebrated Romneycare's 6th birthday. Again, this serves to bring Romneycare back into the news cycle and highlight how the two candidates are similar. It is designed to reinforce doubt that Romney would ever repeal Obamacare.

Governor Mitt Romney - Team Romney has opened by fighting concerns that he is doing poorly with women vs Obama. The chosen line of attack in week 1 has been to focus on democratic strategist and CNN contributor Hilary Rosen's comments that Mitt Romney's wife Ann "has never worked a day in her life." Team Romney has used remark to criticize the democratic party and have tied it to Team Obama.

Edited by Fensalk, 12 April 2012 - 04:39 PM.

Pickles

Roberts is a Supreme Court justice, not a politician.

The biggest example of trickle-down economics is in the decision to make internet commerce largely tax-free. That encouraged the wild growth of internet commerce, which has led to lower and middle class people gaining unheard of access to products and services on the web at reduced costs.

#2 Fensalk

Fensalk

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,789 posts
  • Joined 09-March 04

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Vice-President watch

When will Romney select a vice President? Looking at history:

McCain selected Palin on August 29th.
Kerry selected Edwards on July 5th.
Bush selected Cheney on July 25th.
Gore selected Lieberman on August 7th.
Dole selected Kemp on August 10th.
Clinton selected Gore on July 9th.
Bush selected Quayle on August 17th.

We may not see a choice for at least another 3 months.
Pickles

The biggest example of trickle-down economics is in the decision to make internet commerce largely tax-free. That encouraged the wild growth of internet commerce, which has led to lower and middle class people gaining unheard of access to products and services on the web at reduced costs.

#3 Fensalk

Fensalk

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,789 posts
  • Joined 09-March 04

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

Campaign Slogans Romney has chosen "Believe in America" which taps into anti-government sentiment, and could be used to frame this as a choice between believing in more government from Obama and believing in yourself. Obama has stumbled in finding a campaign slogan, compared to 2008's "Change we can believe in." He's rifled through several ideas already including "Winning the Future", "We Can't Wait", "An America Built to Last", "An Economy Built to Last", "Are You In?", "Are You Ready?" and "A Fair Shot".
Pickles

#4 CletiusMaximus

CletiusMaximus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11,034 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

The only interesting question is if Santorum is a lock to be the 2016 GOP nominee or whether Huntsman or someone like Ryan might be able to challenge.

Carefree, wherever we may be.

We are the famous CFC and we don't give a ####, whoever you may be.

'Cause we are the famous CFC

#5 Fensalk

Fensalk

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,789 posts
  • Joined 09-March 04

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

The only interesting question is if Santorum is a lock to be the 2016 GOP nominee or whether Huntsman or someone like Ryan might be able to challenge.

This is a close race. No-one is expecting a blowout. But, the attitude displayed above would be a good line of attack from Team Obama. Assertively state that the election is already over and Obama has already won, thereby hopefully killing republican enthusiasm.
Pickles

#6 17seconds

17seconds

root of all aliai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24,016 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

This is a close race. No-one is expecting a blowout. But, the attitude displayed above would be a good line of attack from Team Obama. Assertively state that the election is already over and Obama has already won, thereby hopefully killing republican enthusiasm.

That would backfire

#7 Chadstroma

Chadstroma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,293 posts
  • Joined 19-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

Still wondering if Obama sticks with Biden. I am more sure that Rubio will be Romney's VP choice than I am Biden will be Obama's.

#8 Fennis

Fennis

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,747 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Still wondering if Obama sticks with Biden. I am more sure that Rubio will be Romney's VP choice than I am Biden will be Obama's.

no real surprise but neither of your predications/speculations will come true.

Edited by Fennis, 12 April 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#9 17seconds

17seconds

root of all aliai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24,016 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

really?

Edited by 17seconds, 12 April 2012 - 04:44 PM.

#10 Chadstroma

Chadstroma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,293 posts
  • Joined 19-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

no real surprise but neither of your predications/speculations will come true.

What fun is life unless you are a bit adventurous?

#11 Fennis

Fennis

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,747 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

The Romney campaign does have a tough decision as far as VP. It should beinteresting how it shakes out and if they are going with a woman/minority vs a southern conservative vs a popular person from a swing state. I think they will go the swing state route, someone popular in that their state, but dull.

The perfect candidate would be a black, female army general who is governor of Ohio (but raised in Mississippi) who is fiercely conservative and pro-life.

#12 Fensalk

Fensalk

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,789 posts
  • Joined 09-March 04

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

The Romney campaign does have a tough decision as far as VP. It should beinteresting how it shakes out and if they are going with a woman/minority vs a southern conservative vs a popular person from a swing state. I think they will go the swing state route, someone popular in that their state, but dull.

The perfect candidate would be a black, female army general who is governor of Ohio (but raised in Mississippi) who is fiercely conservative and pro-life.

IMO, the pattern to selecting vice presidents is:

1. If the nominee is an outsider or a fresh face, select an insider to calm fears that the new administration lacks experience.

examples: Obama selects Biden, Bush selects Cheney, Dukakis selects Bentsen, Clinton selects Gore, Carter selects Mondale, Reagan selects Bush.

2. If the nominee is an insider or very experienced, select a fresh face or potentially charismatic person to add energy to the ticket.

examples: McCain selects Palin, Kerry selects Edwards, Dole selects Kemp, Bush selects Quayle, Mondale selects Ferraro.

3. The your party was tainted by major scandal in the last 4 years, select a running mate seen as trustworthy.

examples: Ford selects Dole, Gore selects Lieberman

Romney probably fits #2. Although its possible that the credit crisis, endless blaming of Bush, and the attempts to make the GOP seem incompetent may push the GOP into #3, where they select someone who is seen as trustworthy from the standpoint of finding someone extra competent.
Pickles

#13 Fensalk

Fensalk

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,789 posts
  • Joined 09-March 04

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

Condi Rice has to be on the very short list.
Pickles

#14 Fennis

Fennis

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,747 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

I think she would be a great pick. That's a good reason it wont happen. I don't think she's interested in running for office anyway.

Edited by Fennis, 12 April 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#15 Chadstroma

Chadstroma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,293 posts
  • Joined 19-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

I think she would be a great pick. That's a good reason it wont happen. I don't think she's interested in running for office anyway.

She has stated that she has no interest in running for public office.

I do find the love affair with some of the left leaners on the board with Condi less than trustworthy. I remember hearing a ton of left leaning friends make similar comments about McCain circa 2000 with the added comments of things like 'they will never nominate him' and then man did they run away from him when he was actually nominated.

#16 Fennis

Fennis

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,747 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

She has stated that she has no interest in running for public office. I do find the love affair with some of the left leaners on the board with Condi less than trustworthy. I remember hearing a ton of left leaning friends make similar comments about McCain circa 2000 with the added comments of things like 'they will never nominate him' and then man did they run away from him when he was actually nominated.

I could be wrong, but I dont think she is particualry popular with left leaners.

#17 RBM

RBM

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20,927 posts
  • Joined 03-August 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Ohio senator Rob Portman might be Mitt's guy.

#18 Nipsey

Nipsey

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 29,333 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

She'd be a great choice. You'd have to think the right would come out in droves for a ticket that featured a Mormon and a lesbian.

#19 Fensalk

Fensalk

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,789 posts
  • Joined 09-March 04

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

I do find the love affair with some of the left leaners on the board with Condi less than trustworthy. I remember hearing a ton of left leaning friends make similar comments about McCain circa 2000 with the added comments of things like 'they will never nominate him' and then man did they run away from him when he was actually nominated.

Joe Biden saying he is not interested in being Veep and would not accept it.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9asFrls4mws
Pickles

#20 KingPrawn

KingPrawn

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,530 posts
  • Joined 22-October 05

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

I think the VP choice will be either Rubio, Christie, or Ryan
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - JFK

"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi

#21 Chadstroma

Chadstroma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,293 posts
  • Joined 19-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

She has stated that she has no interest in running for public office. I do find the love affair with some of the left leaners on the board with Condi less than trustworthy. I remember hearing a ton of left leaning friends make similar comments about McCain circa 2000 with the added comments of things like 'they will never nominate him' and then man did they run away from him when he was actually nominated.

I could be wrong, but I dont think she is particualry popular with left leaners.

I said left leaners on the board like you and several others (look at the immigrant condi thread for similar comments), not crazy whack job partisan hacks like BigSteelThrill.

#22 Fennis

Fennis

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,747 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Thats the standard line. However, Biden is a politiican who had run for office multiple times. Rice has never run for office. IF she were interested in politics she would have run for Senator of California or something like that.

#23 Chadstroma

Chadstroma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,293 posts
  • Joined 19-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

The big difference is that she has never attempted a run for any public office.

#24 Slapdash

Slapdash

Footballguy

• FBG Apps Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 16,231 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

They didn't nominate McCain circa 2000.

#25 Hilarity Ensues

Hilarity Ensues

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts
  • Joined 06-December 09

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

Campaign Slogans

Romney has chosen "Believe in America" which taps into anti-government sentiment, and could be used to frame this as a choice between believing in more government from Obama and believing in yourself.

Obama has stumbled in finding a campaign slogan, compared to 2008's "Change we can believe in." He's rifled through several ideas already including "Winning the Future", "We Can't Wait", "An America Built to Last", "An Economy Built to Last", "Are You In?", "Are You Ready?" and "A Fair Shot".

That's what she said?

#26 HellToupee

HellToupee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,021 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

She'd be a great choice. You'd have to think the right would come out in droves for a ticket that featured a Mormon and a lesbian.

:goodposting: :lmao:

#27 Chadstroma

Chadstroma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,293 posts
  • Joined 19-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

I think you may have missed the point of that.

#28 Chadstroma

Chadstroma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,293 posts
  • Joined 19-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Campaign Slogans

Romney has chosen "Believe in America" which taps into anti-government sentiment, and could be used to frame this as a choice between believing in more government from Obama and believing in yourself.

Obama has stumbled in finding a campaign slogan, compared to 2008's "Change we can believe in." He's rifled through several ideas already including "Winning the Future", "We Can't Wait", "An America Built to Last", "An Economy Built to Last", "Are You In?", "Are You Ready?" and "A Fair Shot".

Wow, these surpass the other 'bad' ones with being most likely to explode in your face.

#29 Slapdash

Slapdash

Footballguy

• FBG Apps Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 16,231 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

I think you may have missed the point of your left leaning friends.

#30 Fensalk

Fensalk

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,789 posts
  • Joined 09-March 04

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Well there are plenty of personal differences between Biden and Rice. If we want to play that game, we can dismiss everyone for not being Biden. I'm just pointing out that the highlighted statement you made is no reason to dismiss her.
Pickles

#31 Chadstroma

Chadstroma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,293 posts
  • Joined 19-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

I think you may have missed the point of your left leaning friends.

No, got it. They 'liked' him to show that they would vote for THIS Republican but not THAT one when it was 'safe' to say so. When it really presented it- they could not find enough bad things to rant about.

#32 Chadstroma

Chadstroma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,293 posts
  • Joined 19-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

Well there are plenty of personal differences between Biden and Rice. If we want to play that game, we can dismiss everyone for not being Biden. I'm just pointing out that the highlighted statement you made is no reason to dismiss her.

I am not dismissing her. I am stating a fact and following up with one reason why I believe it versus you example given.

#33 Fensalk

Fensalk

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,789 posts
  • Joined 09-March 04

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

I am not dismissing her. I am stating a fact and following up with one reason why I believe it versus you example given.

I just don't see why that disqualifies her. Its not like she would even run a long campaign. She'd likely join the ticket in July or August and campaign with Romney for about 3 months.
Pickles

#34 Chadstroma

Chadstroma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,293 posts
  • Joined 19-April 03

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

I just don't see why that disqualifies her. Its not like she would even run a long campaign. She'd likely join the ticket in July or August and campaign with Romney for about 3 months.

It does not disqualify her. I just see her being more Colin Powell than Joseph Biden.

#35 Mr Two Cents

Mr Two Cents

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 960 posts
  • Joined 05-April 08

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

Mitt Romney warns NRA against an 'unrestrained' second-term Obama Mitt Romney drew a warm reception from the National Rifle Assn. on Friday as he attacked President Obama for “employing every imaginable ruse and ploy” to restrict gun rights, which Romney pledged not to do if elected in November. Romney took a page from the NRA leadership, which has been saying that the president is waiting for a second term to crack down on firearms. He warned that Obama would “remake” the Supreme Court in a second term, threatening constitutional freedoms. “In a second term, he would be unrestrained by the demands of re-election,” Romney told a crowd estimated at 6,000 in the cavernous Edward Jones Dome. “As he told the Russian president last month when he thought no one else was listening, after a re-election he’ll have a lot more, quote, 'flexibility' to do what he wants. I’m not exactly sure what he meant by that, but looking at his first three years, I have a very good idea.” Referring specifically to the right to bear arms, Romney said: “If we are going to safeguard our 2nd Amendment, it is time to elect a president who will defend the rights President Obama ignores or minimizes. I will.”

Over 50,000,000 legal guns owners did not shoot someone today.

It is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

#36 pantherclub

pantherclub

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,150 posts
  • Joined 01-June 04

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

This is not going to be a close race regardless of what you think. It may be close now in some polls but Obama hasnt even tapped into his reserves yet or gone into attack mode. Romney is a horrible candidate to go head to head vs Obama.

#37 pantherclub

pantherclub

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,150 posts
  • Joined 01-June 04

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:35 AM

Mitt Romney warns NRA against an 'unrestrained' second-term Obama Mitt Romney drew a warm reception from the National Rifle Assn. on Friday as he attacked President Obama for “employing every imaginable ruse and ploy” to restrict gun rights, which Romney pledged not to do if elected in November. Romney took a page from the NRA leadership, which has been saying that the president is waiting for a second term to crack down on firearms. He warned that Obama would “remake” the Supreme Court in a second term, threatening constitutional freedoms. “In a second term, he would be unrestrained by the demands of re-election,” Romney told a crowd estimated at 6,000 in the cavernous Edward Jones Dome. “As he told the Russian president last month when he thought no one else was listening, after a re-election he’ll have a lot more, quote, 'flexibility' to do what he wants. I’m not exactly sure what he meant by that, but looking at his first three years, I have a very good idea.” Referring specifically to the right to bear arms, Romney said: “If we are going to safeguard our 2nd Amendment, it is time to elect a president who will defend the rights President Obama ignores or minimizes. I will.”

This is exhibit #453 why Romney is running a horrid campaign. He is basically pandering to every group he talks to and obviously using the scare tactic method.

#38 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31,454 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

Vice-President watch

Throw in Joe Biden name into that ring, and it seems the best way to kill a political future is to accept the VP nomination. Bush Sr. is the last one it worked out for. Of course both Biden and Cheney were more moves to bring gravitas to the ticket, of course now the thought of Biden bringing gravitas is a big joke.

#39 pantherclub

pantherclub

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,150 posts
  • Joined 01-June 04

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

Vice-President watch

Throw in Joe Biden name into that ring, and it seems the best way to kill a political future is to accept the VP nomination. Bush Sr. is the last one it worked out for. Of course both Biden and Cheney were more moves to bring gravitas to the ticket, of course now the thought of Biden bringing gravitas is a big joke.

Cheney brought gravitas to the ticket?

#40 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31,454 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

This is exhibit #453 why Romney is running a horrid campaign. He is basically pandering to every group he talks to and obviously using the scare tactic method.

I agree, I have little confidence in Romney running a good campaign. He needs to focus on the budget deficit like a laser beam and make that issue #1, which is by far the issue that Obama is weak on especially with independent voters, but will also play very well to the conservative base. It is a better issue for Romney than even jobs. If Romney focuses on the budget, he will be the next President.

#41 Chadstroma

Chadstroma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,293 posts
  • Joined 19-April 03

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

First, what politician does not pander to the group he talks to? You would be a pretty horrible politician to not shape your message to your audience. Second, he is right- we don't know what Obama means by having more flexibility. The only thing we know from that is that Obama feels that he has restrained himself from doing things he wants to do and feels that he will not be restrained after the election. I think that the Obamacare fight is the single most restraining factor of his term. Going in, he felt he could do anything and when Obamacare was such a bloody mess that hit his popularity on the chin, he restrained. We don't have a long track record of him because most contentious votes as a state Senator he voted 'present' (again, feeling restrained?) and he had such a short time as a US Senator (actually running for President almost immediately after being elected to the Senate)- so, one can only guess as to what that means. If it is a scare tactic, then it is one created by Obama by his own words not meant for public consumption.

#42 Pick

Pick

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26,289 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

I believe Rubio has a some Mormon history. He's out.
Refs suck.

It is better to have died as a small child than to fumble this football.

#43 HellToupee

HellToupee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,021 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

I believe Rubio has a some Mormon history. He's out.

Catholics haven't fared very well either

Marco Rubio on Mitt Romney’s short list of potential running mates was baptized into the Mormon church when he was 8 and “remained active in the faith for a number of years,” attending LDS youth groups and walking to church most Sundays because his mother didn’t drive, the Internet meme and news site BuzzFeed reports. Rubio left Mormonism to become a Catholic “a few years later,” and he got his first Communion when he was 13, in 1984, the Florida senator’s spokesman told the website

#44 NorvilleBarnes

NorvilleBarnes

Banned

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32,919 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:bubble wrap

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

Daily Show pretty much sums it up:

President Evil

Seriously, this shouldn't even be close. Give a woman a flat chest, and she can still be attractive. Give a woman a flat butt, and she can still be attractive. Give a woman a penis?

#45 Chadstroma

Chadstroma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,293 posts
  • Joined 19-April 03

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:12 AM

Vice-President watch

various White House jobs including Assistant to the President
White House Chief of Staff
Congressman (Minority Whip)
Sec of Defense

What? You need to see Community Organizer and State Senator before you are impressed?

#46 IvanKaramazov

IvanKaramazov

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46,246 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:14 AM

I don't have a problem with Romney personally, but the Republican party in general is so messed up right now that just as soon see them lose another election and hopefully get some sense knocked into them. That said, a Romney win would be okay too.

#47 IvanKaramazov

IvanKaramazov

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46,246 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

At the time, yes. It was a weird choice, but the one thing Cheney brought along in 2000 was the sense of having a grown-up on the ticket.

#48 Matthias

Matthias

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,230 posts
  • Joined 21-September 09

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

I don't have a problem with Romney personally, but the Republican party in general is so messed up right now that just as soon see them lose another election and hopefully get some sense knocked into them. That said, a Romney win would be okay too.

I'm not so sure that a Romney loss would be the catalyst for this event. I'm thinking it would require a Palin nomination followed by the subsequent electoral whomping to do it.
I thought this thread would be bad when I read the topic, but it is actually much worse after reading some of the responses in here. -JoeT

#49 Courtjester

Courtjester

The Town Drunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,175 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

So Romney has basically been slammed for not being conservative enough, yet he goes and talks to a conservative group and now he is wrong for doing it? This is exactly what he needs to be doing. Obama will paint him as an elite rich guy who doesn't get the blue color problems, so connecting with the blue color types is exactly where he needs to be. And please point to one politician that doesn't run on scare tactics. That is the meat and potatoes of American politics since this country was founded.

#50 joffer

joffer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24,687 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:i collect spores, molds, and fungus

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

how ####ing depressing :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users