#1 wilhouse

wilhouse

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 01-April 12

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

Im rebuilding a dynasty team. Its a 20 team league and we have to start at least 3 WR but up to 5 so Wide receivers come at a prem. I have someone in my league that has Victor Cruz with 1 year left on his contract. Im trying to work a deal with him but he is being stubborn lol. We have this thing in the league where 1 person has the ability to drop a player and pick him back up with a new contract for how every many years... well fortunately I am that person. So I was wondering if me picking up Cruz and resigning him to a 4-6 year deal would be worth trading him my 2013 1st round rookie pick. (i'll prob end up finishing around 10th or so) so the 1.05-1.10 rookie pick?
Fantasy Football Edge.com

My post Free Agency/ PreDraft early 2012 rankings for QB, RB, WR, TE are up with my IDP coming soon.

#2 johnadams

johnadams

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,290 posts
  • Joined 03-August 10

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

Absolutely worth it.

#3 Warhogs

Warhogs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,016 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

I think you need to ask yourself what do you think you will be drafting with that pick? If that pick is top 3 or 4 you might regret making that trade. If that pick is 4-6 it might seem like a wash. If the pick is later than 6 you probably got a pretty good deal. The risk you run with trading future first round picks.

#4 wilhouse

wilhouse

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 01-April 12

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

I dont think that next years WR class is that good. Id rather have the established player with a long term deal then a future prospect. In my rookie drafts this year I have the 1.03 2.03 3.05 3.16. So I will rebuild as much as I can this year (i have 10 picks in the first 3 rounds of the FA only draft) to hopefully be decent by next year and only need to get those complementary pieces to be a champonship caliber team. As i mentioned above we have to start 3 WRs So with Cruz i'll have

Victor Cruz - 6 years
Doug Baldwin/ Early Doucet (which ever I can get in my FA draft) - 4 years
Vincent Jackson - 3 years
Josh Cribbs - 3 years (he is actually good because he gets %50 of his KR stats added onto his WR stats)
Randy Moss - 1 year
(rookie pick) - 4 years

So even with me loosing Moss next year I'll still be good for another 2 more years.

My rookie draft plan:

1.03 - QB
2.03 - RB
3.05 - WR
3.16 - LB

Fantasy Football Edge.com

My post Free Agency/ PreDraft early 2012 rankings for QB, RB, WR, TE are up with my IDP coming soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users