#1 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,119 posts
  • Joined 18-July 07

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

This is what my good buddy told me last night. One of our friends daughters is dating an African American. Got into a huge argument about race, and how ignorant he is to the actual text of the Bible. It is staggering, how ignorant most, so called Christians, are when it comes to the Bible. New Testament, or old Testament. I asked my so-called Christian buddy, "who wrote the Gospels?". He had no clue, yet still claimed that "God" was against different races being together. How ridiculous is that?
Too Bold

#2 kutta

kutta

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,868 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

The ridiculousness starts with believing the Bible is the "word of God." Any interpretations after that are all about equal.

#3 Mr. Know-It-All

Mr. Know-It-All

Booger Eatin' Moron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,001 posts
  • Joined 15-January 04
  • Interests:Knowing Stuff

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Wow, you sure don't like the bible or anything that has religious connotation. I don't think you could get anyone to definitively say who wrote the gospels. Lot of conjecture as to collaborative effort. I never understood the arguments used for racial separation, contrived I guess but people do some pretty hateful things in the name of religion.

Edited by Mr. Know-It-All, 15 April 2012 - 07:00 PM.

A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man. - Ulysses Everett MacGill

Ultimately man does not deny the existence of God for lack of evidence, but because man does not want to be accountable to his creator.

#4 Woogie Lee

Woogie Lee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Joined 25-November 08

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

what a great "good buddy"
<--empty-->

#5 Sea Duck

Sea Duck

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,252 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Where did the Good Lord state that he didn't want interracial marriage?

#6 General Malaise

General Malaise

Poop Lord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57,011 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

The US didn't allow it until very recently in our modern history. Not sure why the good lordis taking all wrath here. Not like she was the only one forbidding it. :shrug: What a weird thread.

Ball Son Urchin, on 16 Oct 2013 - 6:57 PM, said:

Hell, your spelling is worse than GM on a good day.  (Sorry GM but you do suck.)  

#7 Bottomfeeder Sports

Bottomfeeder Sports

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17,677 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

You can find it if you are inclined to find it. That is true for just about anything. Luckily in the past few decades most Christians find alternative interpretations of these passages better fit the narrative.

#8 Woogie Lee

Woogie Lee

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Joined 25-November 08

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

Did god know the United States would exist when the bible was written?
<--empty-->

#9 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,119 posts
  • Joined 18-July 07

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

Wow, you sure don't like the bible or anything that has religious connotation. I don't think you could get anyone to definitively say who wrote the gospels. Lot of conjecture as to collaborative effort. I never understood the arguments used for racial separation, contrived I guess but people do some pretty hateful things in the name of religion.

It is understood, that Matthew, Mark Luke and John wrote the Gospels, among "Christian" folk. The point,is, my "Christian" friend couldn't answer that basic question, but claimed that the Bible is against interracial relationships, and African Americans associating with Caucasions. Clearly, he is full of crap! He is just like so many other millions of so called "Christians". Clueless when it comes to the fundamentals of Christianity.
Too Bold

#10 cstu

cstu

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46,470 posts
  • Joined 20-August 04

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

Deuteronomy 7:2-3: "And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them: Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. This is one of the passages in the Pentateuch -- the first five books in the Bible -- in which God orders the ancient Hebrews to engage in genocide against other tribes. They were to kill every elder, adult, youth, child, infant and newborn from among the Amorites, Canaanites, Girga####es, Hittites, Hivites, Jebusites, and Perizzites without mercy. Anti-miscegenationists typically regard this as racially-based. However, a near consensus of Christian theologians regard this as religiously-based. God's concern appears to be that the Hebrews would marry Pagan polytheists, adopt the religions of the neighboring tribes, abandon worship of Yahweh, and become polytheistic.

But I thought the Muslims were the violent ones?

Technique overrules athleticism once a player has proven he possess the baseline amount necessary to compete in the league. 

#11 Red Forman

Red Forman

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 662 posts
  • Joined 26-March 09
  • Interests:Beer, football, my corvette, Kitty, punching hippies.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Why are you friends with racists?
I punch hippies..

Robocop can kiss my ###!

#12 Gachi

Gachi

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

There will always be ignorant people in the world. I just hope I come in minimal contact with them in my life.

#13 medium aristotle

medium aristotle

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,467 posts
  • Joined 08-October 09

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

This is what my good buddy told me last night. One of our friends daughters is dating an African American. Got into a huge argument about race, and how ignorant he is to the actual text of the Bible. It is staggering, how ignorant most, so called Christians, are when it comes to the Bible. New Testament, or old Testament. I asked my so-called Christian buddy, "who wrote the Gospels?". He had no clue, yet still claimed that "God" was against different races being together. How ridiculous is that?

What does the bible say about making up stories out of whole cloth?

#14 GoFishTN

GoFishTN

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,646 posts
  • Joined 09-August 03

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

I find this hard to believe. There's no way you have friends.

#15 Dr. Gobbler

Dr. Gobbler

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 3,316 posts
  • Joined 27-August 10

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

If I had a nickel for every racist that hid under the guise of Christianity, I'd have about 250 million nickels.

#16 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,119 posts
  • Joined 18-July 07

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

I find this hard to believe. There's no way you have friends.

This is true.
Too Bold

#17 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,119 posts
  • Joined 18-July 07

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

If I had a nickel for every racist that hid under the guise of Christianity, I'd have about 250 million nickels.

Sig worthy!!!!
Too Bold

#18 Mr. Know-It-All

Mr. Know-It-All

Booger Eatin' Moron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,001 posts
  • Joined 15-January 04
  • Interests:Knowing Stuff

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Yeah, those dang Christians. Get rid of all of them and there would be no more racists. Oh, they also corner the market on hypocrisy, crimes against humanity, and intolerance in general. Get rid of the whole lot of them.
A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man. - Ulysses Everett MacGill

Ultimately man does not deny the existence of God for lack of evidence, but because man does not want to be accountable to his creator.

#19 Dr. Gobbler

Dr. Gobbler

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 3,316 posts
  • Joined 27-August 10

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

Yeah, those dang Christians. Get rid of all of them and there would be no more racists. Oh, they also corner the market on hypocrisy, crimes against humanity, and intolerance in general. Get rid of the whole lot of them.

To be fair, 250 million is about 10% of the total. I think that's a fair, if not conservative total. I thought I should clarify that before anyone feels persecuted.

#20 Sea Duck

Sea Duck

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,252 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

Big fan of this shtick. :thumbup:

#21 Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17,022 posts
  • Joined 18-July 07

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

There will always be ignorant people in the world. I just hope I come in minimal contact with them in my life.

:confused: why are you hanging out in the FFA then?

#22 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29,206 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

Stupidity isn't a Christian thing, it is a human thing, You just happen to live in a mostly Christian nation, so there is an endless supply of stupid Christians to go around. What is ironic is you point out one form of bigotry while displaying you own.

#23 Carver

Carver

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,975 posts
  • Joined 03-May 08

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:08 AM

My family is doomed I suppose

White people haven't been this terrified since NWA put out their first album.

You can actually feel them shaking in their Dockers.

Stupid drunk one time, and this guy was talking #### to my wife of the time. Grabbed an empty 1.75L bottle of Vodka and smashed him in the afro with it. Turns out the bottle was plastic. FML. I didnt fare well in that one. It was sort of like a Kimbo Slice youtube video.

#24 renesauz

renesauz

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,084 posts
  • Joined 13-August 05
  • Interests:Rule #1 in my house: The TV belongs to everybody else UNLESS NFL Football or the World Cup Soccer is on..then it's mine, period.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

It's a misinterpretation of the old testament instructions to the Hebrews to remain separate and distinct. They weren't allowed to marry foreigners unless the foreigner underwent a ritual and accepted Jehovah as their God (largely ignored through much of OT history). Also, the NT talks about not being "unequally yoked" together with non-believers in marriage. Most Christians rightly interpret that as "Marry another Christian", but a racist or bigot could stretch that meaning farther. The majority of Christians have no issues with inter-racial marriages, nor should they (IMO)

Edited by renesauz, 16 April 2012 - 01:14 AM.

2007 BDSL Champ

#25 Kirby

Kirby

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,473 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:45 AM

It's a misinterpretation of the old testament instructions to the Hebrews to remain separate and distinct. They weren't allowed to marry foreigners unless the foreigner underwent a ritual and accepted Jehovah as their God (largely ignored through much of OT history). Also, the NT talks about not being "unequally yoked" together with non-believers in marriage. Most Christians rightly interpret that as "Marry another Christian", but a racist or bigot could stretch that meaning farther. The majority of Christians have no issues with inter-racial marriages, nor should they (IMO)

:thumbup: This is what's great about the bible... you can pretend it says anything you want.

#26 Bottomfeeder Sports

Bottomfeeder Sports

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17,677 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:29 AM

The majority of Christians have no issues with inter-racial marriages, nor should they (IMO)

For the last few decades (at least for American Christians), prior to that these verses were read slightly differently. In a few decades there will be similar comments about this generation of American Christians for a similar set of passages.

#27 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29,206 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

:thumbup: This is what's great about the bible... you can pretend it says anything you want.

Yes, that is true. In this case there is nothing in the Bible which addresses inter-racial marriage. It is sad that people extrapolate and twist things to match their world view. But this happes with everything. Ten people can read our Constitution and come toten different conclusion on what it is saying. That does not mean the Constitution is junk and it is worthless to try to understand.

#28 BigSteelThrill

BigSteelThrill

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,249 posts
  • Joined 29-June 06

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:23 AM

Solomon was an old school O.G. PIMP. 700 foreign wives! 300 concubines! :thumbup:

(Elizabeth Warren) "Paul Ryan says don't blame Wall Street: the guys who made billions of dollars cheating American families; don't blame decades of deregulation that took the cops off the beat while the big banks looted the American economy. Don't blame the Republican Secretary of the Treasury, and the Republican president who set in motion a no-strings-attached bailout for the biggest banks. Nope. Paul Ryan says keep the monies flowing to the powerful corporations, keep their huge tax breaks, keep the special deals for the too-big-to-fail banks and put the blame on hardworking, play-by-the-rules Americans who lost their jobs."

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned to walk forward.

~Franklin D Roosevelt~

#29 jomar

jomar

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Joined 18-May 09

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:23 AM

Deuteronomy 7:2-3: "And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them: Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

AMEN!!!

#30 johnnycakes

johnnycakes

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,686 posts
  • Joined 22-May 06
  • Interests:Chinese women

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:24 AM

My wife is Chinese. Beats the hell out of any American white or black woman I have ever met.

Edited by johnnycakes, 16 April 2012 - 04:26 AM.

Don't take this the wrong way, but your life is a trainwreck of epic proportions.

He still holds the :tfp: title but I may be in the top 5.

#31 SacramentoBob

SacramentoBob

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17,165 posts
  • Joined 18-February 10
  • Interests:You know what I'm about.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

19 pages.

Dude, I make $1,600 a month.  

#32 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29,206 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

My wife is Chinese. Beats the hell out of any American white or black woman I have ever met.

And yet she is still a crappy driver.

#33 Clifford

Clifford

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,167 posts
  • Joined 30-July 10

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:47 AM

It is understood, that Matthew, Mark Luke and John wrote the Gospels, among "Christian" folk. The point,is, my "Christian" friend couldn't answer that basic question, but claimed that the Bible is against interracial relationships, and African Americans associating with Caucasions. Clearly, he is full of crap! He is just like so many other millions of so called "Christians". Clueless when it comes to the fundamentals of Christianity.

Your gb sounds like a racist #####.

Like most things I don't understand I wanted to punch its face.
-Binky the Doormat

Your constant hyperbole is ridiculous. You're to the FFA what Hitler was to Europe.
-Dr. Awesome

Some people learn by words, some people learn by consequences, some people can’t learn.
-Nick Saban

No one here seems to get its okay to be racist against white people

-johnjohn

#34 PinkydaPimp

PinkydaPimp

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,694 posts
  • Joined 16-November 07

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

19 pages.

:lmao:

#35 Ren Ho3k

Ren Ho3k

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,047 posts
  • Joined 20-August 03

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:57 AM

http://i.imgur.com/3xaAl.jpg
i'm glad reagan dead

#36 IvanKaramazov

IvanKaramazov

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45,411 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:04 AM

Sounds like a lot of violence.

#37 NJDawgPound

NJDawgPound

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Joined 24-February 09

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

As ridiculous as your generalization of "most Christians."

#38 matuski

matuski

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,517 posts
  • Joined 16-October 05
  • Interests:killing threads

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:11 AM

You feel "most" christians are knowledgable regarding the bible? As a non believer I know very few people who can have even the most basic discussion regarding the book they purport holds the key to their afterlife. "Most" is probably an understatement.

Edited by matuski, 16 April 2012 - 05:11 AM.

#39 WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,987 posts
  • Joined 09-June 09

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:29 AM

It's a misinterpretation of the old testament instructions to the Hebrews to remain separate and distinct. They weren't allowed to marry foreigners unless the foreigner underwent a ritual and accepted Jehovah as their God (largely ignored through much of OT history).
Also, the NT talks about not being "unequally yoked" together with non-believers in marriage. Most Christians rightly interpret that as "Marry another Christian", but a racist or bigot could stretch that meaning farther.
The majority of Christians have no issues with inter-racial marriages, nor should they (IMO)

:thumbup: This is what's great about the bible... you can interpret it to say anything you want.

Fixed. As it was meant to be, and should be I guess. :shrug:

------------------------------------
Look, let me explain something to you. I'm not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or His Dudeness … Duder … or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

#40 NJDawgPound

NJDawgPound

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Joined 24-February 09

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:34 AM

You feel "most" christians are knowledgable regarding the bible? As a non believer I know very few people who can have even the most basic discussion regarding the book they purport holds the key to their afterlife. "Most" is probably an understatement.

I don't know "most" Christians nor I would bet that the OP doesn't either. And I'm a Catholic that doesn't know the Bible myself.

#41 Arizona Ron

Arizona Ron

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,996 posts
  • Joined 28-October 08
  • Interests:Switchin up speeds like Bruce Lee ridin a Fuji in a movie

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

Is she fat?

I AM NOT LIKE YOU - I'M SORRY.

#42 Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17,022 posts
  • Joined 18-July 07

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:46 AM

19 pages.

Not sure - you start with race and religion, that is a good start - but to get really big numbers you need to interject politics into this. Of course, most of the truly headcase christians think they are republican, so maybe there is hope.

#43 johnnycakes

johnnycakes

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,686 posts
  • Joined 22-May 06
  • Interests:Chinese women

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

Sounds like a lot of violence.

Only when driving.

Don't take this the wrong way, but your life is a trainwreck of epic proportions.

He still holds the :tfp: title but I may be in the top 5.

#44 Apple Jack

Apple Jack

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,810 posts
  • Joined 03-September 11

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

Might want to add "isn't an ignorant buffoon" to list of criteria to be a good buddy.

#45 matuski

matuski

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,517 posts
  • Joined 16-October 05
  • Interests:killing threads

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

I don't know "most" Christians nor I would bet that the OP doesn't either. And I'm a Catholic that doesn't know the Bible myself.

So that is 3 of us with the same experience.. seems a fair "generalization" so far. :yes:

#46 shader

shader

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,218 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

The ridiculousness starts with believing the Bible is the "word of God." Any interpretations after that are all about equal.

That doesn't have anything to do with what the OP said. OP, you are right. A staggering example of ignorance and racism.

#47 Chadstroma

Chadstroma

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25,127 posts
  • Joined 19-April 03

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

That makes me sad.

#48 shader

shader

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,218 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

No. What he posted is actually the whole story. There isn't any other way to spin it.

#49 NJDawgPound

NJDawgPound

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Joined 24-February 09

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

So that is 3 of us with the same experience.. seems a fair "generalization" so far. :yes:

:P

#50 Yankee23Fan

Yankee23Fan

Fair Tax!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,727 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

When I woke up this morning I could have sworn it was Monday. Don't get me wrong, very happy it's Friday. I just have to figure out what the Yankees did during the week that I missed...
Matthew 9:8 - But when the multitudes saw it, they marvelled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users