#1 Wampus

Wampus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 02-May 12

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

This is a 10 man ppr dynasty league, 1 qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 kicker, 2de/dt, 3 LBs, 3 Cb/S. 6 points for any type of touchdown, dont get points for return yards. Ok, here's my roster im i hope i addressed all area's i needed to address with the rookie draft, im just asking for peoples opinions on where you think im weakest and if i might encounter some problems. I do know some of my players on my roster are injury prone, i got the first overall pick in the normal draft and of course last overall in the rookie pick. This is the first year this league has been ran, thanks for all advice ahead of time. Quarterbacks Cassel, Matt KCC QB Gabbert, Blaine JAC QB Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB Sanchez, Mark NYJ QB Running Backs Best, Jahvid DET RB Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB Charles, Jamaal KCC RB Hightower, Tim WAS RB Ridley, Stevan NEP RB Tolbert, Mike CAR RB Wide Receivers Jackson, Vincent TBB WR Morgan, Josh WAS WR Smith, Steve CAR WR Smith, Torrey BAL WR Wallace, Mike PIT WR Washington, Nate TEN WR Tight Ends Boss, Kevin KCC TE Davis, Fred WAS TE Witten, Jason DAL TE Kicker Kasay, John NOS PK Defensive End/Tackles Carter, Andre NEP DE Peppers, Julius CHI DE Linebackers Bowman, Navorro SFO LB Burnett, Kevin MIA LB Kerrigan, Ryan WAS LB Posluszny, Paul JAC LB Williams, Mario BUF LB Cornerback/Safetys Jennings, Tim CHI CB Thomas, Terrell NYG CB Berry, Eric KCC S Burnett, Morgan GBP S Peprah, Charlie GBP S Smith, Eric NYJ S Stewart, Darian STL S 38 Total Players Taxi Squad ( total of 4 players) Fairley, Nick DET DT Amukamara, Prince NYG CB (P) Rookie draft results Round 1.10 Kuechly, Luke CAR LB ® Round 2.01 Hill, Stephen NYJ WR ® Round 3.10 Hightower, Dont'a NEP LB ® Round 4.01 Smith, Harrison MIN S ® (im a ND fan, sort of a homer move) 5th round hasnt been selected yet but i have Whitney Mercilus pre selected which i think will go thru. This team was drafted around the end of the last NFL season so take in mind the Tolbert pick up was before he got traded, same with Vjax and Mario Williams. Btw this was also before the Tim Tebow trade which i was using Sanchez as a QB2 (bad choice i know now). Couldn't draft a decent QB in the draft with having the last pick of the first round wasnt feeling any of the QB's that were left.

Edited by Wampus, 03 May 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#2 Wampus

Wampus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 02-May 12

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

Anyone able to offer some opinions? THx again in advance.

#3 Langly

Langly

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 210 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

Who did you select with the 1.01. Or did you trade back?

#4 Warhogs

Warhogs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,890 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

The biggest are of concerns is that RB group. A lot of question marks in that group. I think my 2nd greatest concern would be to have some young guys ready to step up when a couple of those older WR start to decline but you addressed that at least partially with Hill. Lastly, I would maybe try to scale back the number of guys you are carrying on the IDP side slightly. Those positions are usually easier to fill in leagues I have been in and many are not consistent in scoring year to year. By trimming 2 or 3 guys from the idp side you can carry a few more developmental players on the offense.

#5 Wampus

Wampus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 02-May 12

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

Who did you select with the 1.01. Or did you trade back?

I took Rodgers with my first overall. btw i tried trading out of the first overall cause i just hate that spot, but no one would bite so i took who i thought would be the best available player at the time. Original Draft Link that's a link to the original drafting of the players.

Edited by Wampus, 04 May 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#6 Wampus

Wampus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 02-May 12

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

The biggest are of concerns is that RB group. A lot of question marks in that group. I think my 2nd greatest concern would be to have some young guys ready to step up when a couple of those older WR start to decline but you addressed that at least partially with Hill. Lastly, I would maybe try to scale back the number of guys you are carrying on the IDP side slightly. Those positions are usually easier to fill in leagues I have been in and many are not consistent in scoring year to year. By trimming 2 or 3 guys from the idp side you can carry a few more developmental players on the offense.

Ya im actually more worried about my RB squad more than anything just due to the injury prone aspect. Who do you suggest i get rid of on the defensive side? I thought my LB's were gonna be extra weak due to losing Mario Williams to DE so i drafted the 2 stud LB's in this rookie draft. Hill was really my only option as a WR that i felt comfortable drafting but yea i do think my WR's are alil weak also i plan on maybe grabbing one next year if i happen to get a decent rookie pick. But ya i was afraid my RB's were gonna be rough i could be in alot of trouble if one goes down, but im hoping the rest of my offense and "decent" defense can pick up the slack.

#7 Terminator Stout

Terminator Stout

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 605 posts
  • Joined 17-April 03

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

You need some assistance at RB. I would attempt to trade some players to a team that has a loaded backfield. Do not play in an IDP league so not much help. Scour the waiver wire for the next WR or RB and agree with dropping some of your IDP players. Good Luck
12 Team Non PPR Keeper League (Keep 6 one must be rookie), Standard scoring, All TD 10 points
Start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, K, DEF
QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Jamaal Charles, Trent Richardson
WR: Eric Decker, Randall Cobb, Markus Wheaton
K:
DEF:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users