#1 mjr

mjr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 586 posts
  • Joined 31-August 08

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:27 AM

I took over a last place team last year that was just aweful. I did manage to improve the roster some, but Im still weak in every position. Its a 12 team PPR dynasty, start 1QB (4 Pts/TD), 1-2RBs, 3-4WRs, 1 TE,PK and Def. My Roster: QB: P.Manning, R.Fitzpatrick, M.Cassel RB: M.Lynch, D.Brown, Hightower, Vareen WR: S.Johnson, A.Boldin, D.Nelson, G.Salas, S.Smith(STL) TE: G.Olsen, T.Moeaki PK: J.Kasey Def: 49ers The draft includes FAs and not just rookies, so guys like WR D.Thomas (Den), M.Floyd (SDC) and LaFell(Car) are available. TE Cook is out there. Not much in way of RBs...Woodhead, Grant, Redman... Since we have to start 3 WRs and nobody is willing to trade a decent one, Im thinking of grabbing D.Thomas with the 1.04, but I don't know if I can pass on Luck or RGIII if they're available there, especially since Peyton is really my only starting QB and can end up sidelined just about any time. Suggestions? Edit: forgot to mention there are 4 rounds and I currently have the 4th pick in each.

Edited by mjr, 08 May 2012 - 06:37 AM.

#2 bigmiiiiike

bigmiiiiike

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,033 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

Based on scoring and lineup requirements, WRs appear to be very valuable, and your WRs are crap. I'd go for Thomas or Blackmon with 1.04. http://forums.footba...howtopic=641019

12 team dynasty PPR, start 1 QB 2-3 RB 3-4 WR 1-2 TE 1K 1D/ST

Rodgers, Palmer
Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Dunbar, Helu, CJ Anderson, Stephan Taylor
Marshall, Fitz, Cobb, Mike Evans, Josh Gordon, Nicks, Kenny Stills
Graham, Dwayne Allen

#3 football fan

football fan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Joined 29-May 04

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

Personally I would draft Luck (if available), he is one of those rare QB prospects that I think will be a great QB. WRs are nice, but unless they are a consistent Top 5 to Top 10 player, they usually are a dime a dozen. Just my opinion.

#4 PranksterJD

PranksterJD

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,738 posts
  • Joined 03-November 06

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:49 AM

Draft for talent, trade for depth. In order: Richardson, Luck, Griffin, Martin or Thomas http://forums.footba...howtopic=641209

#5 lbouchard

lbouchard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Joined 25-February 12

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

Draft for talent, trade for depth. In order: Richardson, Luck, Griffin, Martin or Thomas http://forums.footba...howtopic=641209

this.

#6 Nero

Nero

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 651 posts
  • Joined 10-September 09

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

Based on scoring and lineup requirements, WRs appear to be very valuable, and your WRs are crap. I'd go for Thomas or Blackmon with 1.04.

http://forums.footba...howtopic=641019

:goodposting:
Gamer Dynasty League

QB: Roetlisberger, Bradford, Bortles
RB: LeVeon, CJ2K, Rice, Ridley, Andre Williams, Seastrunk, K. Barner, De'Anthony Thomas, D. Richardson, Atkinson, Rajion Neal
WR: Julio, Andre Johnson, Greg Jennings, Golden Tate, Britt, Cooks, Beasley, Tevin Reese, J. Gordon, J. Blackmon, Shaq Evans, Brandon Coleman
TE: Cameron Jordan, Julius Thomas, Coby Fleener

#7 squistion

squistion

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,475 posts
  • Joined 26-July 03

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

If you are rebuilding, with the 1.04 you have got to go with the QB position, as you may never get another shot at a QB the quality of Luck or Griffin. Even if this is not a particularly QB friendly league, I think you have to go in that direction based on your lack of long term depth at that position. Most would say go with Luck. I prefer Griffin myself. Pick one of the two. If you have the long term QB situation settled, you can use roster spots for other positions.

Edited by squistion, 09 May 2012 - 03:54 PM.

QUOTE (Marvin @ Apr 25, 2012 12:45 AM)

squistion is going to come in here and start reporting people. Then you'll really be sorry.

QUOTE (JerseyToughGuys @ Apr 20, 2012 03:45 PM)
No one expects the spanish squistion!~@@

#8 JOBOOZOSO

JOBOOZOSO

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 751 posts
  • Joined 03-July 07
  • Interests:FantasyLeagueGM is the ultimate free resource for Player News & Fantasy Articles/Advice.

https://twitter.com/JOBOOZOSO

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

richardson luck rg3 then d thomas for sure ONLY if guys above are gone

We aggregate more live NFL, MLB, & fantasy info than everyone else... combined. @JOBOOZOSO (NFL),  @FLGM_AFC_news@FLGM_NFC_news@FLGM_MLB@FLGM_AL_news@FLGM_NL_news

#9 mjr

mjr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 586 posts
  • Joined 31-August 08

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

Thanks for the replies. Thinking about it, Im obviosly not going to be a contender this year, so my moves now have to be the kind that put me in that position next year and beyond. Since Peyton isnt likely to be the QB who can lead my team at that time, Im going to go with Luck/Griffen if either are available. But this kind of raises another question... if Peyton isn't playing 2 years from now, is D. Thomas still worth the pick if I have to go that way? He can have a great year this year, but does his value drop when Peyton is gone? Another issue is the QB/WR tandem this would create for my team. It worked well when I had Rodgers and Jennings in another league, but Manning/Thomas isn't a sure thing to work out that well. Blackmon over Thomas? Martin? I know my team should be improved no matter what I end up doing, but I like getting feedback on some of these things that go through my head sometimes. Thanks again for the replies.

Edited by mjr, 10 May 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#10 Dave Stauff

Dave Stauff

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Joined 20-April 03

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

Just wondering why Thomas outweighs Blackmon in your thinking. FBG consensus dynasty ranking have Blackmon at 17 with a horrid QB, and have Thomas at 24 with Manning at QB - I'd be asking myself why do they feel that way. Personally, I don't see how you pass on Luck this year - and if neither QB is availabe at 1.04 it means that Martin is and I'd draft him in spite of greater need elsewhere

Kickbacks 3: 1-0
PDFFL: 1-1
Ashes of 27: 2-0
Fantasy Champs: 2-0

#11 mjr

mjr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 586 posts
  • Joined 31-August 08

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

Just wondering why Thomas outweighs Blackmon in your thinking. FBG consensus dynasty ranking have Blackmon at 17 with a horrid QB, and have Thomas at 24 with Manning at QB - I'd be asking myself why do they feel that way. Personally, I don't see how you pass on Luck this year - and if neither QB is availabe at 1.04 it means that Martin is and I'd draft him in spite of greater need elsewhere

I think that ranking may have more to do with Thomas' knee and Manning's neck than Blackmon/Thomas' playing situations, though I certainly could be wrong. I don't question that Blackmon is the better WR either, but he's already sitting out because of a foot issue (albeit minor) and Gabbert only threw for 2200 yds and 12 TDs all last season. I understand Gabbert didnt have the tools and that Blackmon and Robinson are there to improve all of that, but Gabbert would have to better than double his numbers to give Blackmon the stats worth the 4th overall pick to me. Even if I though Gabbert will improve, I don't think it'll be by enough to make that happen. I certainly could be dead wrong, but Im willing to take my chances. Anyway... The guy drafting 1st has Freeman at QB and pretty much only Danial Thomas at RB, so my guess is he most likely goes Richardson. Long shot he goes Luck. No way he goes WR. Team 2 has Eli/Locker at QB, Julio and J.Nelson at WR and only Blount worth mentioning at RB. Richardson will go here if team 1 goes Luck, but otherwise I think Martin could be drafted here. There's a shot he goes BPA and can't resist passing on Luck, but RB is his greatest need. Going WR is least likely scenario. Team 3 has Schuab/Romo/A.Smith at QB, Gore/Hunter and S.Jackson at RB and guys like Austin, Holmes, Maclin, J.Baldwin and Meachem at WR. This one is throwing me off. I don't know how he's going to draft. He might be easy to pusuade swapping picks with, so Im going to give that a shot. Otherwise Im thinking RG3 may be the guy.

#12 Papa Georgio

Papa Georgio

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,302 posts
  • Joined 16-April 03

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:21 AM

It is much easier to pick up a good WR on the wire than any other position. I think you are just a player or so away from being decent in a 12 team league. Long term I would go QB, with the pick.

Please see mine

#13 mjr

mjr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 586 posts
  • Joined 31-August 08

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

...I think you are just a player or so away from being decent in a 12 team league. Long term I would go QB, with the pick.

Please see mine

Definitely going QB if Luck or RG3 are there. I've decided that much.

If Manning can be at least better than Fitzpatrick, Donald Brown puts up respectable RB2 numbers, Olsen can get back to playing more than blocking and Boldin can hang on for another year or two, I think I can get this team to .500 or a little better this season. A lot of "ifs" though. Team only had 1 win before I took it. Got 5 wins last year with with Lynch, Johnson, Manning and Olsen being added only a couple of weeks before the playoffs. Crossing my fingers...

Responded to your thread.

#14 eakfootball

eakfootball

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,590 posts
  • Joined 12-June 10

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:07 AM

Rich Luck RG3 Martin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users