What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Maclin, WR, Philadelphia Eagles (1 Viewer)

Jason Wood

Zoo York
2012 Player Spotlight Series

One of Footballguys best assets is our message board community. The Shark Pool is, in our view, the best place on the internet to discuss, debate and analyze all things fantasy football. In what's become an annual tradition, the Player Spotlight series is a key part of the preseason efforts. As many of you know, we consider the Player Spotlight threads the permanent record for analyzing the fantasy prospects of the player in question. This year, we plan to publish more than 140 offensive spotlights covering the vast majority of expected skill position starters.

As always we will post a list of players to be discussed each week. Those threads will remain open for the entire preseason, and should be a central point to discuss expectations for the player in question. Importantly, analysis done in the first week of posting will be part of the permanent record in two ways. 1) At the end of the week, we will tally the projections into a consensus. 2) We will select a number of pull quotes from forum contributors who make a compelling statement or observation. Both the projections and pull quotes will be part of a published article on the main website.

Thread Topic: Jeremy Maclin, WR, Philadelphia Eagles

Player Page Link: Jeremy Maclin Player Page

Each article will include:

[*]Detailed viewpoint from a Footballguys staff member

[*]Highlighted member commentary from the message board threads

[*]FBG Projections

[*]Consensus Member Projections

The Rules

In order for this thread to provide maximum value, we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines:

[*]Focus commentary on the player (or players) in question, and your expectations for said player (or players)

[*]Back up your expectations in whatever manner you deem appropriate; avoid posts that simply say "I hate him" or "He's the best"

[*]Avoid redundancies or :popcorn: ... this should be about incremental analysis or debate

While not a requirement, we strongly encourage you to provide your own projections for the player (players):

Projections should include:

[*]For QBs: Attempts, Completions, Passing Yards, Passing TDs, Ints, Rush Attempts, Rush Yards, Rush TDs

[*]For RBs: Rushes, Rushing Yards, Rush TDs, Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

[*]For WRs & TEs: Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs

Now let's get on with the conversation! We look forward to your contributions and let me offer a personal thanks in anticipation of the great debate and analysis.

Love him this year if he's healthy. He was a borderline WR1 in 2010. In 2011 he was injured early week 10 and then missed weeks 11-13 and you can certainly throw out week 1 because he was barely used coming back from his offseason health scare. The remaining 11 games he put up borderline WR1 numbers similar to 2010 but his ADP this year has him being drafted as a low end WR2.

85-1200-8TDs

Love him this year. Is healthy this year and reports are he is the strongest he has been ever. Will set career highs in every major category. 82/1254/14.

In 2010, Vick threw for 3,018 yards and 21 TDs. In 2011, Vick threw for 3,303 yards and 18 TDs. I don't see why there would be a huge jump in his passing yardage. Predicting Maclin for 1,200 yards means that he would account for nearly 40% of his team's yards. For comparison, Megatron caught 33% last year and Fitzgerald caught 37% of his team's yards. I don't think Maclin catches 40%, especially with DJax returning to form, McCoy being a lethal threat out of the backfield, and Celek performing like a top 5 TE after week 5 last year. I think he'll score the most points out of the WRs this year, but I don't think he goes for 1, 200 yards, and I don't see any way for him to hit 14 TDs. I don't even expect double digits TDs

In 2010, Vick threw for 3,018 yards and 21 TDs. In 2011, Vick threw for 3,303 yards and 18 TDs. I don't see why there would be a huge jump in his passing yardage. Predicting Maclin for 1,200 yards means that he would account for nearly 40% of his team's yards. For comparison, Megatron caught 33% last year and Fitzgerald caught 37% of his team's yards. I don't think Maclin catches 40%, especially with DJax returning to form, McCoy being a lethal threat out of the backfield, and Celek performing like a top 5 TE after week 5 last year. I think he'll score the most points out of the WRs this year, but I don't think he goes for 1, 200 yards, and I don't see any way for him to hit 14 TDs. I don't even expect double digits TDs
Can we expect a prediction? With 3 QB's throwing for more than 5k last year, I expect Vick to get close to or at least surpass 4k.

Can we expect a prediction? With 3 QB's throwing for more than 5k last year, I expect Vick to get close to or at least surpass 4k.
Vick's career high is the aforementioned 3,303. I don't think he'll reach 4,000 yards passing. He's not that great of an actual QB. Anyways, to my prediction:His career YPR is 13.7. (2 seasons of 13.8, 1 of 13.6). 75 receptions seems reasonable. I'll go 8 TDs.

75 rec, 1,025 yards, 8 TDs

70 950 7 TDs.

I think he's a good WR but I'm not quite buying the hype that he will be a 1200 yd guy. DJax and Celek will still get theirs and this offense probably doesn't support that many fantasy receivers.

McCoy is such a big part of the offense that I can see Vick topping out at 3600-3800.

In 2010, Vick threw for 3,018 yards and 21 TDs. In 2011, Vick threw for 3,303 yards and 18 TDs. I don't see why there would be a huge jump in his passing yardage. Predicting Maclin for 1,200 yards means that he would account for nearly 40% of his team's yards. For comparison, Megatron caught 33% last year and Fitzgerald caught 37% of his team's yards. I don't think Maclin catches 40%
This is completely flawed, you are purposely only using Vick's passing stats to make your argument when Vick only played 12-13 games each of the last 2 years. Is Vick the only one allowed to pass to Maclin or should we be including Kolb, V. Young, Kafka's stats the last 2 years too? AS A TEAM, the QBs threw for 4210 in 2010 and 4275 in 2011 do you see that dropping by 1000 yards this year? If they throw for 4250 this year, 1200 would be 28% of the teams receiving yards not the aformentioned 40%. In the 11 games Maclin was healthy last year he accounted for 27% of the teams receiving yards. If Vick only throws for 3300 it'll be because he missed a few games, not because he's not capable of throwing for over 4000 yards.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2010, Vick threw for 3,018 yards and 21 TDs. In 2011, Vick threw for 3,303 yards and 18 TDs. I don't see why there would be a huge jump in his passing yardage. Predicting Maclin for 1,200 yards means that he would account for nearly 40% of his team's yards. For comparison, Megatron caught 33% last year and Fitzgerald caught 37% of his team's yards. I don't think Maclin catches 40%
This is completely flawed, you are purposely only using Vick's passing stats to make your argument when Vick only played 12-13 games each of the last 2 years. Is Vick the only one allowed to pass to Maclin or should we be including Kolb, V. Young, Kafka's stats the last 2 years too? AS A TEAM, the QBs threw for 4210 in 2010 and 4275 in 2011 do you see that dropping by 1000 yards this year? If they throw for 4250 this year, 1200 would be 28% of the teams receiving yards. In the 11 games Maclin was healthy last year he accounted for 27% of the teams receiving yards.
:goodposting: Boom goes the potato salad.

This is completely flawed, you are purposely only using Vick's passing stats to make your argument when Vick only played 12-13 games each of the last 2 years. Is Vick the only one allowed to pass to Maclin or should we be including Kolb, V. Young, Kafka's stats the last 2 years too? AS A TEAM, the QBs threw for 4210 in 2010 and 4275 in 2011 do you see that dropping by 1000 yards this year? If they throw for 4250 this year, 1200 would be 28% of the teams receiving yards not the aformentioned 40%. In the 11 games Maclin was healthy last year he accounted for 27% of the teams receiving yards. If Vick only throws for 3300 it'll be because he missed a few games, not because he's not capable of throwing for over 4000 yards.
Thanks for providing actual facts. BTW - the Eagles threw 28TDs in 2010, 22 TDs last year. Not exactly stellar.....but 50 TDs in 2010-11 is a big differential over the 39 TDs implied by lbouchard....

Maclin's yards per catch has been extremely consistent throughout his career with marks of 13.9, 13.8, and 13.6. I can definitely see his reception totals bumping up into the 75-80 range. His career high is 70 in his second season, so 5-10 more isn't asking too much with Maclin coming back full strength in 2012. However, I don't see there being too much upside from there with all the other weapons the Eagles have.

TDs are always difficult to predict, but Maclin should be the WR option of choice in the red zone, and he'll catch a few long ones as well. I like him in the 7-9 range for TDs.

I really expect the Eagles offense to click this season, so I have Maclin projected at the top of these ranges, and think he has a breakout year.

80 receptions at 13.8 per reception is 1,104 yards. 9 TDs.

Just traded Nicks for Maclin and Tate, so I'm hoping last week was the start of something good. Looks like the injury is behind him.

Users who are viewing this thread