What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Broncos Training Camp Reports (1 Viewer)

I'm wondering if they move Franklin to LG and put Harris at RT with Beadles playing RT on second team offense. Franklin isn't a great pass rusher, and with Peyton back there I doubt he will tolerate many "oh-crap" moments.
I like this idea. Harris was a solid, underrated RT for Denver, but injuries have really held him back the past couple years. I'm wondering if Beadles would make a decent swing tackle (leaving him as the top backup at RT), though. Franklin is probably best suited as a guard, imo and it seems to me that Beadles and Walton are a little in over their heads as starting interior OL.
There is no little about it. Beadles is a bad LG and Walton is barely average center. Not a good combo to have on your interior o-line, especially with Kuper trying to recover from a major surgery.

I'm wondering if they move Franklin to LG and put Harris at RT with Beadles playing RT on second team offense. Franklin isn't a great pass rusher, and with Peyton back there I doubt he will tolerate many "oh-crap" moments.
I like this idea. Harris was a solid, underrated RT for Denver, but injuries have really held him back the past couple years. I'm wondering if Beadles would make a decent swing tackle (leaving him as the top backup at RT), though. Franklin is probably best suited as a guard, imo and it seems to me that Beadles and Walton are a little in over their heads as starting interior OL.
There is no little about it. Beadles is a bad LG and Walton is barely average center. Not a good combo to have on your interior o-line, especially with Kuper trying to recover from a major surgery.
I've been hearing its Clark filling in for Franklin, ahead of harris. As much as we would like Franklin to move inside, it may not happen. I don't know how the interior OL gets fixed... maybe Blake can step up?

Denver Broncos Training Camp Report 2012

Day Five, 7/30/2012

QUARTERBACKS

Peyton Manning – I would say this was his roughest day of camp, and he was still outstanding. Manning just had a couple of errant throws (outside to Dreesen, low to Thomas) that he’d want back. His drop and close is picture perfect, and of course his play action passes make me bite every time. Manning does a good job of spreading the ball around, but timing is still off with some guys (Caldwell, Thomas). It will just take time to get used to Caldwell’s speed and the size/routes of Thomas. Once again Manning was spot on with Eric Decker (more on that later) and they are really in sync out there on the football field.

Caleb Hanie – Hanie does a good job with his footwork when he throws. He drops/closes nicely and will quickly turn when he has to go to a receiver on the other side of the field. However, too often he stops his reads once all looks have been exhausted. Hanie will take off to run in a drill that is designed for passing. Watching his motion he’s making reads, but I feel he needs to calm down and go through his progressions a bit slower. The preseason games will be of paramount importance if Hanie wants to make the final roster. Fans were going after Hanie today. Lots of heckling from the crowd. As one member of the media standing next to me put it, “Hanie’s like Tim Tebow without the athleticism and scrambling ability.”

Brock Osweiler – Osweiler needs to work on his rip at the end of his dropback. QBs coach Adam Gase has drastically improved Osweiler’s motion and footwork, but it’s still not completely clean. I’d like to see Osweiler plant/rip better on his final step in his dropback. This would help him get the ball out quicker and help his timing with his receivers. Right now Osweiler is a little late/off dropping back then tries to make up for it with his rocket arm. That’s a great skill to fall back on (arm strength) but he has to be more than a circus freak QB (see Joe Flacco). He shouldn’t use his rocket arm as a crutch and must become better at the little things it takes to make a QB great. Working with Manning will certainly help that.

Adam Weber – Timing is a big deal for QBs, and Weber struggles with timing up his throws too often. He’ll drop back then close (3 and close, 5 and close) when he doesn’t have to. On a quick out you’ll see him close (step up) after the final step in his drop. He should know better by this point in his career. On that type of route a QB should drop, rip, and fire. Weber almost threw a pick to Nate Irving today. His best play came as a blocker on a double reverse. He was late with a pass that David Bruton was able to break up.

RUNNING BACKS

Willis McGahee – A few days into padded practice and McGahee is still running with fresh legs. He’s effective in the middle, but less effective when running outside. Classic McGahee moment where he caught a swing pass, juke stepped and walked into the end zone.

Ronnie Hillman – Hillman got some first-team work during the installation portion of practice. Liked his ability to make defenders miss at the second level. Hillman detractors will bring up his hop cutting in a negative light and talk about him getting caught behind the line of scrimmage. He’s never been a dancer, and has proven in training camp that he’s more of a one-cut (hop cut) runner. I like his determination inside. He’s got no problem just lowering his head and plunging ahead for a couple of yards. Hillman can diagnose quickly, and uses his instincts to maximize yardage. If no hole or cutback is there Hillman doesn’t freeze, he just takes what’s there. That’s an incredibly good sign, and something that college backs struggle with when they first enter the pros.

Knowshon Moreno – Getting some work with the first-team, Moreno may not be on the bubble as some thought earlier this offseason. He’s got value as a change of pace back, and certainly as a receiver out of the backfield. Trusting his knee better, but there was one drill where he had to start over as he didn’t trust his cut from left to right.

Lance Ball – Pads are on so Ball not looking as explosive, but certainly showed his value on one play in particular today. Broncos defense blitzed, and Ball was able to blow up the oncoming rusher (Nate Irving) before he got to Manning. That skill alone will earn him a spot on the roster. I feel the Broncos only keep four RBs and right now Ball is looking like a keeper. On a swing pass (that wasn’t caught because Hanie was off) Ball was smashed by Rahim Moore. He seemed shaken up for a second, but was right back into practice and performing well after that.

Mario Fannin – He’s a space runner, and that’s becoming more clear with each passing day. Fannin is big, and fast in a straight line. However, he needs space to hit the hole hard. If disrupted in the backfield where he has to step laterally he loses all his power/speed/burst. Showed great hands and routes as a receiver out of the backfield. No surprise, he played primarily slot WR for the Tigers in 2008.

Jeremiah Johnson – He’s making it difficult for the Broncos to cut him. Outside of Hillman, Johnson is the most explosive runner on the team and had a few big runs today. He did drop one pass by my notes, and isn’t a natural hands receiver out of the backfield. I like his in the hole wiggle and he has make you miss ability in tight spaces. Johnson isn’t as efficient a runner as Hillman and will dance a bit too much behind the line of scrimmage. When he is intent I like his ability to ‘get skinny’ between the tackles and squirt between defenders. He’s having another strong camp, but it’s his carries in the preseason that will determine his fate.

Xavier Omon – He’s a straight up bulldozer. Doesn’t have the speed or burst to be a factor at the second level, but is a natural runner who can pick up tough yards.

WIDE RECEIVERS

Demaryius Thomas – Thomas had about three drops today, with one of those in the end zone. That would be TD pass had a high degree of difficulty but Manning put it where only DT could catch it. With the Drayton Florence draped all over his back and diving to the ground the pass bounced off his hands and into the crowd. Thomas is working through the route tree better than ever, but his other two drops came on hook and go’s. A regular comeback he could work to perfection, using his frame to box out defenders, coming back to the ball. However, when it was a hook and go he would think about running before securing the catch. If I picked up on that I’m sure the coaching staff did too. They’ll continue to work with Thomas. Trust me, his effort has been off the charts. He’s not getting lazy with his routes, he’s just trying to do too much sometimes. That’s not a bad thing, he just needs a little more focus. Evidence of his improved routes? Here’s one of many examples: DT made Tony Carter bite on inside cut before heading upfield and into the end zone. Easy pitch and catch for Manning and Thomas = 6 points. We could see Decker be the bigger threat between the 20s, with Thomas producing as a big red zone factor and ‘9 route or slant and go’ guy.

Eric Decker – EDsuperstar87 is what I’ll call him today. He’s taken this challenge seriously and is emerging as the most consistent target for Manning. Decker will sacrifice his body to make the diving catch and has no problem running routes over the middle. In fact, he ran a shallow post where he beat Tracy Porter to the spot with Rahim Moore coming in for the pick. Moore mis-timed Manning’s throw, whiffed on the pick, and by that time Decker had already secured the ball and ran into the end zone. Get those 18, 87, and 88 jerseys this year. A very efficient passing game, working underneath and taking a few deep shots a game is what I expect from Peyton and co. this year.

Andre ‘Bubba’ Caldwell – Another strong day from Caldwell here. Caught a short pass, juked David Bruton in the open field and then took it to the house on one catch. He can run outside routes crisply, but I love his fearlessness over the middle. Caldwell has very good concentration and knows how to find the soft spot in a zone (unlike Eddie Royal). Caldwell did struggle the few times Champ Bailey covered him.

Matthew Willis – Did a good job of looking in passes today. Showed good quicks after the catch, and is a smooth athlete in the open field. Not quite an ankle breaker but understands how to set up moves on top of moves.

Jason Hill – No notes about Hill today.

Greg Orton – Runs a nice comeback route (always has) but his early momentum in camp has come to a halt. He’s getting outplayed right now by Tyler Grisham. We’ll see if Orton can start to make more of a difference in team drills. One of Orton’s few targets during team was a pass over the middle where he must’ve heard footsteps because it bounced off of his hands. He must be more focused if he wants to win a roster spot.

Brandon Stokley – The veteran started off a little rough, but looked sharp at the end of practice. Early in practice he couldn’t get away from Mike Adams in coverage and missed a catch over the middle. Later in the day he ran a corner route to the back pylon and grabbed a TD before Rahim Moore could get there.

D’Andre Goodwin – Putting forth good effort, just suffering because he has to try and catch passes from Adam Weber. Goodwin dives/skies for errant passes but a guy can only do so much. I like his athleticism and willingness to go after the ball, but would like to see him get some cleaner passes. Shows some fearlessness over the middle, catching a pass inside with Syd’Quan Thompson smacking him after the catch. Goodwin held onto it no problem. He also beat Tony Carter on a skinny post today, showing good burst out of his break.

Gerell Robinson – Only one note about Robinson today but it’s a good one. Caught a TD pass from Adam Weber with Drayton Florence all over his back. Robinson showed some savvy setting up the seasoned veteran on that route. Still say he lands on the PS as a developmental guy, but some nice tools are there.

Tyler Grisham – Know this name. This kid deserves more credit as every day he’s been impressive with the few reps he gets. He even caught a quick out from Peyton Manning today and showed good sideline awareness getting both feet down inbounds. Caught a sweet TD pass, essentially on his back as he slid into the end zone. Osweiler laid it out there for him and Grisham was able to get it but twisting and turning in the air. Needs to work on setting up defenders and can’t just get by on natural quicks as evidenced by a play where Chris Harris was all over him because Grisham rounded out his cut. He’s such a hard worker I imagine that will be cleaned up quickly.

Mark Dell – Real inconsistent day from Dell. He started off poorly, dropping passes that hit him right in his hands. Then at the end of practice he came through with a couple of plays. He worked the sideline effectively, and then caught a TD in the back of the end zone. Showed nice ball tracking ability on that play.

TIGHT ENDS

Jacob Tamme – Insert previous report here. Tamme looking consistent again. Timing, run after the catch very smooth.

Joel Dreesen – Saw some drops today, but overall did a nice job of blocking when asked in team drills.

Julius Thomas – Everyone knows I believe in Thomas. Still do. However, he MUST show better in practice. I asked around and from what I’ve gathered the team is not holding him out because of the ankle injury. After practice John Fox talks about injuries first (Bannan, Franklin, Carter, etc) and has yet to bring up Thomas. He’s just getting very limited reps. I see Chris Kuper out there battling after his horrific Theismann-esque *SNAP* ankle injury from late last season. Yet I see Thomas out there running gingerly on a high ankle sprain. Kuper is further along in the recovery process, but his injury was much more severe. Thomas needs to show better when/if he gets the chance.

Virgil Green – Still fighting the ball. His failure to catch cleanly prevents him from doing as much as he could after the catch.

Cornelius Ingram – Only note about Ingram is a good one. Showed soft hands.

DEFFENSE

I love watching Von Miller. He’s always been quick off the snap, but now it looks like he’s added upper body strength and not lost any speed/quickness. Added strength allows him to be even more devastating as a pass rusher when he uses his hands to disengage. Von also showed good coverage skills, disrupting a would be TD pass to Willis McGahee.

Joe Mays showing up in run defense (no surprise) and continues to make plays in coverage. Was able to blanket Joel Dreesen in the red zone so much so that even Manning couldn’t get the pass in. I’ve been thoroughly impressed by Mays this offseason and at training camp. We all knew he was shot out of a cannon against the run, but now is playing like a more complete Linebacker.

Jason Hunter was getting chippy out there….more than once. A little post play shoving and pushing a couple of times, with Hunter getting pulled away from the fracas. I like the fire and versatility. This defense has been burned by Manning in camp, but today they shut them down a few times. Hunter was making some big hits and stuffing the run, he deserves to talk a little.

Ty Warren made Tony Hills fall over in the pit. Warren is a beast, nothing more to say. If healthy he’s a HUGE part of the run defense and will command double teams.

Rahim Moore made a pass break up against Joel Dreesen. Also had a huge hit on Lance Ball on a swing pass. He broke up the play and certainly rattled the veteran back. It was eerily reminiscent of the play in the Bills preseason game where he laid out Donald Jones. Moore’s swagger is back, and he didn’t go into a shell after that play.

Champ Bailey is amazing. Yes, he’s not quite the same as he used to be but still loves a challenge. In red zone drills he outleaped Demaryius Thomas to knock away a sure TD pass. Love that guy.

Elvis Dumervil versus Ryan Clady was fun to watch. Clady got the best of him, bending him away from the QB in the pit.

I LOVE what I’m seeing from Kevin Vickerson. He’s added 50 pounds this offseason and is holding up against the run. In the pit he put Zane Beadles on roller skates and slid him right back into the QB. Yes, there was skid marks on the field after that play. He’s vicious out there and a perfect lunch pail guy for the DT rotation.

Praise for J.D. Walton! He held his own against Sealver Siliga in the pit. He stood up the big DT and won the leverage battle. Perhaps he was visualizing and attacking just like the Waterboy. In that scenario he would be imagining all DTs as Ty Warren.

Robert Ayers was able to beat Chris Kuper in the pit. I’ll give Kuper a pass because he’s still coming back from that horrific ankle injury he suffered last year.

Cyril Obiozor was stonewalled by Adam Grant.

Proof that Ryan Harris should be the starting Right Tackle? He beat Von Miller in the pit – TWICE. Harris has the athleticism to shadow Miller and the size to absorb any punch, swim, rip. He was also able to redirect the very fired up Jason Hunter right out of the play. It was like Tai Chi watching Harris uses Hunter’s own momentum against him. Just walked him right out of the play, great stuff here.

Jamie Blatnick used his hands to punch Mike Remmers off him like he was shoving a door open.

Malik Jackson made plays against the run in team drills. His length, functional strength, and nose for the football are evident. He’s not much of a pass rusher but did show well in the pit against Austin Wuebbels.

Derek Wolfe (Matt Damon!) shined in the pit. No surprise, he’s very effective one-on-one. Wolfe prefers to knife past blockers rather than bull rush them. His first step is very quick and he does a good job of getting off the snap. Wolfe also sets up guys. He’ll swim to a sack. Next time he’ll rip, or spin, or break off a double move. I like the way he uses his hands. I know Broncos Country wasn’t ‘over the moon’ when he was drafted but I feel he can be an effective rotational pass rusher on the D-Line.

When he wasn’t stonewalled by Lance Ball, Nate Irving was able to pressure the QB today.

Denver Broncos Training Camp Report 2012TIGHT ENDSJacob Tamme – Insert previous report here. Tamme looking consistent again. Timing, run after the catch very smooth.
Hey Cecil,What do you perceive Tamme's ceiling is as a fantasy TE this year, given his simpatico nature with Manning? Is he a high-upside pick at current ADP of TE11 (103 overall)?

Cecil,

I know how busy you are and appreciate all the work you do for Broncos Country, but was wondering if with this break you might be able to recommend a few books and resources for somebody looking to start breaking down game film. I've got access to the coaches tape this year through NFL Rewind and would love to really be able to understand what I'm looking at.

Cecil, this is an amazing report. Thanks for taking the time.From a FF perspective, it would be great to understand how the TE roles evolve as camp progresses.Tamme's ADP is TE 11 so he is obviously the presumptive number one in the FF community but Dreesen is obviously no slouch. Would love some comments on Tamme's reps vs. Dreesen (at some point) to help forecast their recpts a little better.Thanks!
I predict Tamme gets 75+ catches in this offense. Dreesen will get 35, but could be a quality red zone target. There's a chance Tamme outproduces Decker or Thomas in terms of number of catches.
Agreed. The projections I have seen for Tamme seem really low. I think his floor is top 10 TE this year with a top 6-7 ceiling.
Bold calls, gentlemen.
Not really. People remember 2010. Its Manning and its all about trust and IF there is an aspect of his game that MIGHT change now, its almost certainly the deep throw. So having a proven guy you trust that you have had success with previously and perhaps throwing more short throws, this is a conservative guess IMO. Let's be realistic. manning will thros at least 500 passes this year and that's a low number. if he gave 150 EACH to Thomas and Decker (and that's a high number for both, together), that leave 200 to go somewhere. Manning has historically targeted his TE 100+ times. So why not?

Good stuff Cecil.....Big problem for the Broncos the last several years is drilling it into the end zone from close range - any of these RB's looking like they can provide an answer?
McGahee and Hillman are both willing and effective inside runners. Problem is the blocking. We'll see if they move Orlando Franklin to OG and Ryan Harris to RT. That could help them plow ahead in short yardage situations.
Watching how Manning operates in the past, I think when we are talking goal line and if its NOT a pass, then you really have to look at either Hillman or Moreno (yes, Moreno) being a guy that will have a nice year. Manning loves to do the quick pass-first check and then delay to the RB or swing pass out to the RB on the weakside. This is one area that Moreno excels at and sounds like Hillman might be ideal also. All in all, I don't think this "up the middle" running will fit Willis nearly as well as it did last year. Teams aren't going to be committing resources to stopping the threat of a Manning run like they did Tebow.

Good stuff Cecil.....Big problem for the Broncos the last several years is drilling it into the end zone from close range - any of these RB's looking like they can provide an answer?
McGahee and Hillman are both willing and effective inside runners. Problem is the blocking. We'll see if they move Orlando Franklin to OG and Ryan Harris to RT. That could help them plow ahead in short yardage situations.
Watching how Manning operates in the past, I think when we are talking goal line and if its NOT a pass, then you really have to look at either Hillman or Moreno (yes, Moreno) being a guy that will have a nice year. Manning loves to do the quick pass-first check and then delay to the RB or swing pass out to the RB on the weakside. This is one area that Moreno excels at and sounds like Hillman might be ideal also. All in all, I don't think this "up the middle" running will fit Willis nearly as well as it did last year. Teams aren't going to be committing resources to stopping the threat of a Manning run like they did Tebow.
you've gotta believe that manning won't face many 8-in-the-box defenses though.

you've gotta believe that manning won't face many 8-in-the-box defenses though.
Yes, as it was in Indy. Take a look at how they operated at the goal line, seldom facing 8-man.

Cecil,

I know how busy you are and appreciate all the work you do for Broncos Country, but was wondering if with this break you might be able to recommend a few books and resources for somebody looking to start breaking down game film. I've got access to the coaches tape this year through NFL Rewind and would love to really be able to understand what I'm looking at.
start charting plays. This book will help you 'Take Your Eye Off The Ball' by Pat Kirwan http://www.amazon.com/Take-Your-Eye-Off-Ball/dp/1600783910/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343776667&sr=8-1&keywords=take+your+eye+off+the+ball

practice cancelled today for the public, but moved to the morning and open to the media. editing Preseason Watch List episodes of The Audible right now, but will type up my notes soon.

:thumbup:

Lots of talk in the local papers about how Manning is working his Tight Ends.

There's a quote from Mike Adams saying he expects Tamme and Dreesen to be mentioned in the same breath as Gronk and Hernandez and Graham in terms of causing problems for defenses. That's a teammate talking and may be "streeeetching" it a bit, but we have seen major production from Manning and Tamme before (and Manning's TEs in general over the years).

Can we get some focus on what they are doing with Tamme and Dreesen and their 2-TE sets, in general?

All the info is appreciated but Manning's TEs over the years are routinely top 2-5 in the league so I would like to see if there is any fire to all this smoke with Tamme. Thanks.

hu, 02 Aug 2012 08:09:36 -0700

Denver Broncos RB Ronnie Hillman (hamstring) left practice Wednesday, Aug. 1, with a hamstring injury.

0 Comments | Source: CBSSports.com | Share: Tweet 0

Broncos | Eric Decker injured Thu, 02 Aug 2012 08:07:54 -0700

Denver Broncos WR Eric Decker (groin) suffered a groin strain during practice Wednesday, Aug. 1.

0 Comments | Source: CBSSports.com

Still early in preseason so prob not a huge deal but thought it was worth mention.

ETA: just saw this

Sigmund Bloom SigmundBloom

@

great news RT

Broncos WR Eric Decker appears to be at full throttle in 1-on-1 drills after his groin issue yesterday. 11:51am - 2 Aug 12

Cecil Lammey cecillammey

@

As I expected, no work for Decker in 11-on-11 drills BroncosTC Caldwell in his spot 11:54am - 2 Aug 12

Last edited by a moderator:
'Cecil Lammey said:
practice cancelled today for the public, but moved to the morning and open to the media. editing Preseason Watch List episodes of The Audible right now, but will type up my notes soon. :thumbup:
:popcorn:

'Cecil Lammey said:
practice cancelled today for the public, but moved to the morning and open to the media. editing Preseason Watch List episodes of The Audible right now, but will type up my notes soon. :thumbup:
:popcorn:
fell asleep at my computer last night (TC tradition) just got back from camp right now, will record some PSWL on The Audible, then off to shoot Ep11 of Footballguys TV, then take my son to Pop Warner practice. Will have both reports from yesterday and today up as soon as possible.

Day 6 they were off, so here's the day 7 (Wednesday) report.

Day Seven, 8/1/2012

QUARTERBACKS

Peyton Manning – Manning worked deep with Demaryius Thomas, but did throw one short to him on a 10-yd comeback. He might have seen the defender closing and decided to put it in the dirt rather than get a pick. Showed great touch throwing over the outstretched hand of Rahim Moore and hooking up with Brandon Stokely. Was able to work out routes with Bubba Caldwell and Demaryius Thomas.

Caleb Hanie – Seemed to have a better rhythm to his progressions today. He didn’t hurry through his reads, but still struggled with accuracy. Was high and outside on a throw to Matthew Willis.

Brock Osweiler – Nice zip again today. Still not throwing to the proper shoulder. He’s getting it there but often his WRs have to adjust on the fly to the ball. I would like to see him throw his receivers open better.

Adam Weber – Was almost perfect in team drills (drop from Hillman). Individual drills he threw a pass behind Virgil Green.

RUNNING BACKS

Willis McGahee – Broke off a nice juke move to get open against Danny Trevathan on a reception.

Ronnie Hillman – Showed good bend around the corner. Was able to lift the blocking sled (only single dummy) up off the ground with just one shoulder when practicing chip blocking and pass protection. Those who say he doesn’t have strength are completely mistaken. Did a great job getting skinny when running inside. Absolutely toyed with Rahim Moore with in the hole wiggle. Turned a 1-yd run into a 10-yd run with a simple shake that left Moore grasping air. Showed good cutback moves today. Dropped a pass from Adam Weber that was just off his fingertips. Another nice juke on Syd’Quan Thompson in the open field where he ran down the sidelines. On that play he suffered a minor hamstring injury. Just walked to the sideline holding the back of his leg, not limping at all.

Knowshon Moreno – Beat Joe Mays on a reception out of the backfield. One of the few times I’ve seen Mays struggle in coverage at camp this year. Made a nice diving catch with Danny Trevathan covering him.

Lance Ball – only notes on him are from the pit, see below.

Mario Fannin – Dropped a Manning pass early in practice. Have a note that says Fannin – open.....not sure what play that was, LOL.

Jeremiah Johnson – made a nice grab, snatching it out of the air while Steven Johnson was draped all over him. Met Kevin Vickerson in the backfield but was able to spin out of it, and burst to the corner, he stiff armed Rahim Moore to get around and upfield. Showed good leg drive when running into the pile. I like the way he twists, turns, and tries to push for yards after contact.

Xavier Omon – Does a good job of staying low and driving his legs.

WIDE RECEIVERS

Demaryius Thomas – Manning hit Thomas deep with Rahim Moore closing in on him. Nice grab and run that would have been a 50-yd TD.

Eric Decker – groin injury kept him out of practice.

Andre ‘Bubba’ Caldwell – His speed is apparent on every route he runs. The timing with Manning not there yet, Peyton overthrew him on a deep seam route today. I like Bubba’s route running (not elite, but very good). However, he didn’t fool Champ on an out route and Bailey knocked the ball away easily.

Matthew Willis – Looked catching quick outs. Showed athleticism and closing burst to adjust to poorly thrown passes.

Jason Hill – Not in my notebook today.

Greg Orton – Showed great concentration catching a pass from Osweiler between two defenders. That thing had a vapor trail and Orton still nabbed it. Good body control on the sidelines.

Brandon Stokley – Nice grab from Manning over the outstretched hand of Rahim Moore. Had a pass batted away because he rounded a route and Chris Harris jumped it.

D’Andre Goodwin – had a bobble catch on an out route. Goodwin injured his foot later in practice and had to be carried off the field.

Gerell Robinson – chemistry with Osweiler a lock. Nice grab on a slant route from Brock today.

Tyler Grisham – Not in my notebook today.

Mark Dell – Made a nice catch on Osweiler rocket. Spun around to grab it behind him then continued in stride after the catch.

TIGHT ENDS

Jacob Tamme – Was able to get open on Wesley Woodyard underneath. Got nice separtion against Rahim Moore on an inside route.

Joel Dreesen – Dropped a pass from Manning that hit him in the hands early in practice. Rafael Bush was all over him on that play.

Julius Thomas – showed good balance, hands, and leverage in blocking drills. Thomas looks bigger this year, but I think it’s a bad weight. He couldn’t stay in football shape rehabbing from ankle injury. Saw him run a nice jerk route and get open against David Bruton in 1-on-1 drills.

Virgil Green – Noted a pass that was high (from Hanie) and it sailed right through his hands.

Cornelius Ingram – Had to stretch out for a catch he made against Von Miller. Ingram has athletic ability, just an injury history that reads like Infinite Jest.

DEFFENSE

When the team was practicing interception drills saw a funny moment when Justin Bannan broke off a drop step versus Derek Wolfe and left him grasping for air in the open field. Bannan was the ball carrier, and Wolfe was supposed to stop him from scoring. The D-Linemen had some fun with Wolfe after that whiff.

In the same drill Duke Ihenacho showed a nice juke move in the open field, showing off his raw athleticism.

Danny Trevathan intercepted Adam Weber on a pass intended for Austin Sylvester.

Wesley Woodyard knocked away an incoming pass for Julius Thomas.

Jason Hunter is a man on a mission. Not only is he getting in a fight/shoving match every day but he’s also in on every run play. He lit up McGahee on the inside during 9-on-7 drills.

Drayton Florence picked off Adam Weber.

Backs vs Backers (1-on-1 pass protection drills)

Lance Ball whiffed when trying to block Elliot Coffey. Ball did win against Anthony Perkins.

Virgil Green was able to wall of Steven Johnson. Green later lost against Jerry Franklin.

Mario Fannin completely missed his blitzing target.

Xavier Omon stopped Von Miller on a speed rush outside, just moved him out of the play. He also stopped Steven Johnson.

Jeremiah Johnson won against Mike Adams, just going straight up on him. Johnson also stopped Jerry Franklin the same way.

Ronnie Hillman won against Rahim Moore. Nice form, heads up, jolted him with his arms then eased him around the play.

Knowshon Moreno won against Joe Mays. Set his feet, jammed up Mays.

The Pit

Ryan Clady stonewalled Elvis Dumervil twice.

Justin Bannan pushed Zane Beadles back into the passer. Just used a straight up bull rush against him.

Kevin Vickerson beat J.D. Walton with a rip move to the inside. For some reason when he went against Zane Beadles he decided to do a spin move. He essentially spun in Beadles hands and went nowehere. Everyone else was beating Beadles with power, and I have no idea why Vickerson tried the spin. He’s NOT Dwight Freeney.

Ty Warren worked over Chris Kuper. He also pushed around J.D. Walton in what seems to be an every day tradition. Incredible power.

Chris Clark actually stonewalled Von Miller.

Ryan Harris was able to shut down Robert Ayers on a bull rush.

Sealver Siliga overpowered Manny Ramirez.

C.J. Davis stuffed Malik Jackson.

Jason Hunter ran over Adam Grant. Pushed him over onto his back like a helpless turtle.

Cyril Obiozor was able to rush around Mike Remmers.

Von Miller smoked Chris Clark with an outside rush. Also used a double move to get by Clark on the next rep. He set him up perfectly, Clark was totally expecting another speed rush on the outside only to get set up.

Lots of talk in the local papers about how Manning is working his Tight Ends.There's a quote from Mike Adams saying he expects Tamme and Dreesen to be mentioned in the same breath as Gronk and Hernandez and Graham in terms of causing problems for defenses. That's a teammate talking and may be "streeeetching" it a bit, but we have seen major production from Manning and Tamme before (and Manning's TEs in general over the years).Can we get some focus on what they are doing with Tamme and Dreesen and their 2-TE sets, in general? All the info is appreciated but Manning's TEs over the years are routinely top 2-5 in the league so I would like to see if there is any fire to all this smoke with Tamme. Thanks.
we can't write/talk about specific strategy or formations we've seen. Here's my thoughts on what we could see: Tamme is the move guy, catch about 70 passes. Dreesen is red zone guy, catch about 30 passes, and perhaps has the same number of TD grabs that Tamme does.

'Cecil Lammey said:
Jason Hunter is a man on a mission. Not only is he getting in a fight/shoving match every day but he’s also in on every run play. He lit up McGahee on the inside during 9-on-7 drills.
heard a Del Rio interview yesterday re: Hunter - he loves what Hunter is bringing to the table and has elevated him to 1st team. Opposite side of that coin is Ayers, who needs to be playing with the same intensity and fire. He said that Ayers is working hard, probably working harder than he has before.to me, that is kind of a Dennis Allen vs Del Rio thing - Del Rio, being a former player, is more of a firey guy and demands his players to be more passionate. I love it. still - good for Hunter, but obviously this is a ploy to motivate Ayers... getting called out in the media and depth chart. I hope he responds.

Day Twelve, 8/6/2012

QUARTERBACKS

Peyton Manning – Looked crisp on some throws, but suffered some timing issues with Brandon Stokley and Jacob Tamme. One would think that wouldn’t be an issue with the former Colts, but it was today on a couple of incorrect routes. Questions about his arm strength were again put to rest when he overthrew Eric Decker on an 8 route. Manning looked good working within the pocket but has the mobility and accuracy to throw on the run if need be.

Caleb Hanie – Actually had some nice throws today, but was still too inconsistent. I liked his rhythm as a thrower as he’s going through progressions. However, seems to be a beat late identifying the open target. This leads to throws that are out of stride.

Brock Osweiler – Laser guided passes on the field once again today. Plenty of zip on all level throws, ultimate confidence in his arm strength. This was apparent when he tried to fit in a pass to Julius Thomas between three defenders.

Adam Weber – Overthrew Mark Dell in red zone drills. Most of his passes are high when he tries to fit it into a tight window. His mechanics are sound when throwing a ‘normal’ pass, but they go haywire when he tries to put extra zip on it.

RUNNING BACKS

Willis McGahee – Did a nice job of mixing it up inside when running the football. Looks like his legs are fresh. Plenty of talk about his world class stiff arm on Drayton Florence during the Saturday scrimmage at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

Lance Ball – gets small in between the tackles, and does a good job of keeping his legs churning after contact. Classic Lance Ball on display this afternoon. If you need three yards he’ll get you three yards. If you need six yards, he’ll get you three yards. His work ethic makes him a coach’s favorite and I think he has a very good chance of making the final roster.

Ronnie Hillman – The third RB on the depth chart behind McGahee and Lance Ball. He missed today with his hamstring injury. He should be close to returning as he was sprinting on the side field and didn’t have a hitch in his stride. Most felt that missing practice today means we won’t see him in Thursday night’s game against the Bears.

Knowshon Moreno – Listed as the team’s fourth-string RB after Hillman. Insert previous reports here: Looks good as a receiver but struggles as a runner. Tried to dance too much behind the line of scrimmage, was cutting backwards to daylight when he saw a hole open up to his left. He got to the hole but stumbled and then fumbled the football when he got to the second level. His footwork will forever be an issue. I’ve always said his brain works faster than his feet can process what his eyes see. That play accentuated the problem with Moreno as a trash runner.

Jeremiah Johnson – Started practice a little rough with a drop on a swing route. He’s pushing Moreno for what I imagine is the fourth and final RB spot on the roster. He’s not going to make the team if he doesn’t take advantage of every single rep out there. Flashes as a runner. Made a nice cutback where he was running towards the 3 hole, saw a gap at the 8 hole and had the speed to get there. On that run he made Jerry Franklin grasp for air. Had a bobble catch on a swing pass late in practice. Again, he’s got to catch that cleanly in order to impress the coaching staff.

Xavier Omon – The big back had to be coached up on how to run with his shoulders square through a fumble drill. Too often Omon was wanting to ‘get skinny’ and turn to the side. On the last rep through he did a better job of squaring his shoulders and running with more power. There is no ‘dainty’ to his game so it was surprising to me to see him struggle on that type of drill.

WIDE RECEIVERS

Demaryius Thomas – He left practice early because his Achilles’ got a little tight. John Fox says it’s ‘nothing serious.’

Eric Decker –Got the best of Champ Bailey on one route today. Nice fake on an up and out, Champ bit, and Decker got by him smoothly. Manning hit him in stride as Bailey closed the gap quickly. Was able to get open easily against Rahim Moore today.

Andre ‘Bubba’ Caldwell – Really stood out in red zone drills today. Nice TD catch with two feet down and Mike Adams all over his back.

Matthew Willis – Worked well on the out route and showed good hands in 1-on-1 drills. Also did some work as a return man, showing impressive burst after changing direction. I like the way he snatched high passes out of the air today, catching very cleanly with arms removed away from his body.

Jason Hill – Had a very impressive grab in red zone drills. Leapt over Champ Bailey at the back of the end zone and was able to get two feet down in the process. The pass from Manning was placed perfectly where only his receiver could make a play on the ball.

Brandon Stokley – Actually had a timing issue with Manning during practice where he ran an incorrect route. Manning made sure to correct him when he came back to the huddle.

Greg Orton – Orton was inconsistent today. He’d make a couple of nice grabs (usally high passes from Hanie or Weber). Then he’d drop easy passes right on the numbers. Grabbed a nice pass on the sideline but when he turned upfield he fumbled the football. He’s not listed as one of the top six WRs on this roster and needs to perform better if he wants to make the team.

Gerell Robinson – Was able to beat Omar Bolden for an easy TD in red zone drills. The Arizona State products were jawing at each other after the play.

Tyler Grisham – Missed practice because of a knee injury.

Mark Dell – Was able to sky for a pass that was high and outside. Showed great body control on that play. Nice sideline awareness (and body control again) when he caught a laser from Osweiler on an out route.

Cameron Kenney – Made a couple of high degree of difficulty catches out there today.

TIGHT ENDS

Jacob Tamme – Smooth upfield work today. No quesiton his speed makes him a mismatch problem for Linebackers or Safeties trying to cover him.

Joel Dreesen – Dreesen worked well in red zone drills. He’s clearly comfortable running routes over the middle.

Virgil Green – didn’t make any plays of note today.

Julius Thomas – He received a lot more work in team drills today. Early in practice he couldn’t get to a Caleb Hanie pass that was a little too far in front of him. However, he finished practice strong with a TD grab at the back pylon as he was running out of bounds. He did a good job of dragging his back foot to insure the TD. That type of play shows his athleticism we just need to see more of that if he wants to make the final roster. He’s listed as the fourth TE on the team’s first depth chart.

Cornelius Ingram – Did not make it into my notebook today.

DEFFENSE

Joe Mays was getting some pressure as a pass rusher during team drills.

Jason Hunter didn’t get into a fight today for what seems like the first time in weeks! He did continue to stuff the run in team drills.

Backs vs Backers (1-on-1 pass protection drills)

Jeremiah Johnson was able to redirect Nate Irving.

Xavier Omon struggles to keep Elliot Coffey away.

Von Miller spun around Willis McGahee to the QB.

Wesley Woodyard used a bull rush to overpower Xavier Omon.

The Pit

Chris Kuper kept Ty Warren at bay.

J.D. Walton was able to stonewall Mitch Unrein.

Zane Beadles held off Kevin Vickerson as he was out of rhythm after jumping offsides. Later in the drill he won again versus Vickerson.

Ryan Clady pushed Elvis Dumervil to the ground in a display of raw power. It seems like ever since contract talks have been shelved Clady is playing at an elite level. Clady has owned Dumervil every day in practice.

Derek Wolfe used a quick get off to run around Ryan Harris.

Orlando Franklin won in a strength vs strength matchup against Ty Warren.

Robert Ayers played fired up and pushed Chris Clark over onto his back.

Adam Grant was able to run Von Miller out of the play.

Malik Jackson lacks explosion off the line, but does show good functional strength once engaged with a blocker.

Von Miller ran around Chris Clark with ease. Clark had a down day today after standing out last week.

Jason Hunter used a swim move to quickly get by Adam Grant.

It wasn’t all bad for Elvis Dumervil. He did get the best of Orlando Franklin.

This morning's practice was padded, but had the feel of a walkthrough. Very small amount of notes (2 pages, compared to usually 8 pages). I'm home and writing them now, will post ASAP.

Day Thirteen, 8/7/2012

QUARTERBACKS

Peyton Manning – He seemed a little frustrated (although wouldn’t admit it after practice) with the team’s performance at the end of practice. They ran a two minute drill but the Broncos offense stalled at the four-yard line, and four incompletions ended the drill for the first team. Earlier in practice Manning was throwing with plenty of zip. Any doubts about his arm strength are unfounded. I’ve seen almost every throw from Manning this offseason and there’s no fatigue. He zipped one to Eric Decker on the right side on a quick out with Wesley Woodyard in tight coverage. Manning laid it out right into Decker’s outstretched arms and open hands. I asked Peyton if he had any thoughts, prayers, or guidance for the Eagles family as they deal with the tragic loss of Andy Reid’s son. The Colts went through a similar situation years ago when Tony Dungy lost his son. Manning’s comments are here: http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Training-Camp-Day-13-Manning/5a5f7c40-ffd4-4461-ba1b-5bb5aacced0f

Caleb Hanie – Made some nice completions early in practice but still struggling with accuracy when team drills start. Tried to put too much on a couple of passes that ended up sailing high. That’s a mechanical flaw and one that hasn’t improved over the course of the offseason. When going through his progressions he ‘bird dogged’ too much. In other words he just locks onto his target which makes his passes easy to predict.

Brock Osweiler – Threw a pick at the beginning of his reps in the two minute drill. Tried to connect with Gerrell Robinson (pass was behind), instead it was Tony Carter who hauled it in. Earlier in practice showed great touch on a 9route to Mark Dell. Put enough air under it and dropped it in the bucket on the correct shoulder where only Dell could get it. Kid has talent, just needs polish and consistency. I like the way he continues a play fake after the handoff. That small move will hold an edge defender for just a split second, and that may be all it takes to help spring a big play.

Adam Weber – Weber moved the team in the two minute drill. Made some quick decisions, and most feel he’s been the most consistent backup QB. Osweiler is the most gifted QB on the roster, but the rookie goes through his ups and downs. Some talk about using Weber as No2 behind Manning. Me personally, I would rather see Osweiler in that spot.

RUNNING BACKS

Willis McGahee – Hard charging once again. Did a nice stutter step move to create space for himself in the hole. Also had a nice ‘matador’ move where he was running at full speed then stopped quickly to allow a defender to whiz by, then put on the speed again and get upfield. That’s a move Marshall Faulk used to do all the time.

Lance Ball – Classic Lance Ball. Low center of gravity, leg drive, willing inside runner. Speed has slowed down since they put the pads on.

Ronnie Hillman – was padded up and back at practice today after missing time with that hamstring injury. Didn’t have a hitch in his step and showed good acceleration in drills. Coach Studesville was really working with him on leg drive when pushing the sled. He can pop that tackling sled almost as hard as FB Chris Gronkowski. Didn’t see much team drill work and most I talked to felt he won’t play on Thursday night.

Knowshon Moreno – had and up and down day. Showed good leg drive today running between the tackles. In fact, it was his best day as a runner. However, slipped more than once when trying to juke in the open field. Also tried to bounce a play outside that Rahim Moore easily sniffed out and ran him down. Drew some moans from the crowd when he ran a stretch play out of bounds. He was waiting for a cutback lane to open up but must not have seen one. Was catching cleanly in receiving drills and team drills.

Jeremiah Johnson – Not enough strength to push the pile but does a nice job keeping his legs churning after contact. Like the way he ‘gets skinny’ when running between the tackles. Can duck under outstretched arms and has great burst and acceleration. Still doesn’t catch cleanly on every pass, something he needs to remedy if he wants to make the final roster.

Xavier Omon – Had a nice play where he was running for the 3 hole, saw the left side of the OL just collapse the defense and cut it back to the 8 hole. Actually turned on some speed (he was running HARD) and was able to beat Steven Johnson to the corner. Turned it upfield and scored from about 30 yards out. Nice play X-man!

WIDE RECEIVERS

Demaryius Thomas – Was back to practicing after sitting out yesterday with a tight Achilles’. Looked good running routes in 1-on-1 drills. Was going back and forth with Tracy Porter. He’d win one time then Porter swatted away the next pass. Good competition! Saw little action in team drills as expected the team is being cautious with DT. No need to push him back.

Eric Decker – had a near TD pass from Manning swatted away by Champ Bailey. Later had a one-handed TD grab with Bailey draped all over him.

Andre ‘Bubba’ Caldwell – Adjusted nicely to a poorly thrown out route by Caleb Hanie. Timing seemed a little off with Manning today. It will take some time and more reps for Manning to get used to Caldwell’s speed.

Matthew Willis – Worked as a return man and showed good acceleration. Couldn’t get to a Manning TD pass at the back pylon in team drills. Plucks the ball cleanly when the pass is in front of him. I would like to see better ball tracking ability.

Jason Hill – not in my notebook.

Brandon Stokley – Made some nice double moves on out and ups today. Very slippery on underneath routes. However, struggled to get open against rookie CB Omar Bolden today.

Greg Orton – DNP.

Gerell Robinson – Had two TDs today, one against Ramzee Robinson, one against Tony Carter. Showed good body control, ball tracking ability, and sideline awareness. He’s got a spot on the Practice Squad in my opinion, but performances like this could put him on the active roster.

Tyler Grisham – DNP.

Mark Dell – Big day for Mark Dell. He made one catch that was behind him (Hanie pass) where he twisted and turned in stride to bring the pass in. He continued in stride after the catch and made extra yardage before contact.

Cameron Kenney – This kid can make some crazy catches. His body control is elite, but his hands and concentration are hit and miss. It seems like he’s a bad ball receiver. Meaning he needs a high degree of difficulty catch to make the play. When he has to go after it he can make circus catches seem routine. However, when it’s right on the numbers he’ll drop too many. He’s unlikely to make the team, but damn is he fun to watch.

TIGHT ENDS

Jacob Tamme – Timing issues from yesterday were a thing of the past. Looks good catching routes over the middle seam and is difficult to match up with.

Joel Dreesen – Made a sweet grab on the sidelines with Champ Bailey essentially right on top of him. Dreesen stretched out to catch a low pass where only he could grab it. Again, Manning with uncanny accuracy and great placement of the football.

Virgil Green – A big weak point of his game is blocking, but Green looked better today. Had nice hand placement and did a good job staying light on his feet when engaged with an opponent.

Julius Thomas – Did a good job of looking in a high pass from Caleb Hanie.

Cornelius Ingram – no notes on him today.

DEFFENSE

Derek Wolfe continues to show quick burst off the snap.

Ty Warren left due to stomach issues.

Keith Brooking was on the field, wearing number 57….a number also shared by LB Steven Johnson. Uh-oh. Not a good sign for the undrafted rookie.

Seems like #1 CB is covering Decker with DT drawing the #2? Accurate or am I reading too much into it?

Cecil- I am back in colorado after spending two months in costa rica. To say I am depressed is an under statement. Still, these bronco reports are awesome and I love reading them. Thanks for the detail and I look forward to hearing you on the radio.

Cecil- I am back in colorado after spending two months in costa rica. To say I am depressed is an under statement. Still, these bronco reports are awesome and I love reading them. Thanks for the detail and I look forward to hearing you on the radio.
:thumbup: Thu night 9-midnight, NO BS Postgame show

Fri night 6-8p, Ridin Shotugn (LIVE! from the Tilted Kilt)

Sat morning 10-noon Ridin Shotgun

Sun morning 8-noon Ridin Shotgun

new blog post about Brock Osweiler here: http://denverssportsstation.com/cecillammey

What was it like when Maning showed up day 1? You think they handed him a playbook and he said, "um, nope, those 50 plays suck. We'll keep these 10 and here are the other 50 we're using." :P

Not a Denver fan, but I think you guys are going to have an awesome team this year. Great defense, and an offense that can only get better with Manning back there rather than Orton and Tebow.

new blog post about Brock Osweiler here: http://denverssportsstation.com/cecillammey
cecil, you do any broadcasts that stream over the innernet, specifically something available on Android?104.3 has an android app that I listen to live boradcasts from Dove Valley when I am driving around, love it. I'd be open to listening to your gig as well.

TIA

Lots of talk in the local papers about how Manning is working his Tight Ends.There's a quote from Mike Adams saying he expects Tamme and Dreesen to be mentioned in the same breath as Gronk and Hernandez and Graham in terms of causing problems for defenses. That's a teammate talking and may be "streeeetching" it a bit, but we have seen major production from Manning and Tamme before (and Manning's TEs in general over the years).Can we get some focus on what they are doing with Tamme and Dreesen and their 2-TE sets, in general? All the info is appreciated but Manning's TEs over the years are routinely top 2-5 in the league so I would like to see if there is any fire to all this smoke with Tamme. Thanks.
we can't write/talk about specific strategy or formations we've seen. Here's my thoughts on what we could see: Tamme is the move guy, catch about 70 passes. Dreesen is red zone guy, catch about 30 passes, and perhaps has the same number of TD grabs that Tamme does.
Thanks. Appreciate the reply.

cecil, you do any broadcasts that stream over the innernet, specifically something available on Android?104.3 has an android app that I listen to live boradcasts from Dove Valley when I am driving around, love it. I'd be open to listening to your gig as well.

TIA
Yes, I've listened on my Android before. I just click on the link when he posts it out on Twitter, open the webpage and click the Listen Now button.

'Bronx Bomber said:
'moleculo said:

TIA
Yes, I've listened on my Android before. I just click on the link when he posts it out on Twitter, open the webpage and click the Listen Now button.
Get the Tune In app...works like a charm!BTW, just a walkthrough today before the team left for Chicago so no report!

Manning looked good out there. The receivers didn't help him much, though. A lot of tips and drops.

Manning looked good out there. The receivers didn't help him much, though. A lot of tips and drops.
Honestly, I didn't think so. He threw a couple of balls that could have been picked (including the "reception" by Tamme - which was tipped up in the air). Several of the passes looked wobbly in flight and he looked fairly indecisive. Now some of that may be simple "rust" - but I wouldn't classify tonight as "good" - especially for him. For as open as the Bears were leaving Denver WRs, the "old" Manning would have carved them to pieces.

For those who visited camp this year(Cecil?) - is that how Peyton was throwing like he did against the Bears? He looked rusty last night and I'm surprised he hadn't worked that off in camp. Was last night due to the "live fire"?

For those who visited camp this year(Cecil?) - is that how Peyton was throwing like he did against the Bears? He looked rusty last night and I'm surprised he hadn't worked that off in camp. Was last night due to the "live fire"?
Aside from the decision to throw to Tamme on his 2nd pass and throwing slightly behind Stokely I thought he looked pretty good. The throw from the right hash to Decker on the left sideline I think was impressive given the arm strength required. He also made a nice play on 3rd &17 to move the chains. 10+ play drive down the field was pretty decent for a 1st impression, imo.

He has not had much wobble to his throws in camp. I've seen every throw from OTAs, minicamp, and training camp. This is an issue with the wet field or a wet football. That wobble was certainly a surprise to those of us who cover the team.

He has not had much wobble to his throws in camp. I've seen every throw from OTAs, minicamp, and training camp. This is an issue with the wet field or a wet football. That wobble was certainly a surprise to those of us who cover the team.
Thanks Cecil and Buffaloes - he certainly didn't look right it was like he was overthrowing it - but the pass to Decker down the middle was perfect. I bet Decker is glad he doesn't have to leap up to expose himself like he did with Tebow over the middle. And the INT pass to Stokley was more in the right spot - behind him at the line - just an unlucky tip. The throw to JT in the corner before it is one he wants back - a bit more arc and air. I have been traveling and had not made it to Dove Valley - that and the crowds for the days I was at home kept me away(shame it isn't in Greeley where there was a lot more room) - so I was curious if he had any problems. My big take away - I don't know if I've seen a Bronco game where all the offensive units were working this well for a first preseason game. All the way to the last drive by Weber - the receivers were running great routes into seams and the QB's were delivering. The play calling was great - mixed it up well and they had good rhythm coming out of the huddle. Not too many lost players and delay of game calls. A few blown blocks on some running plays - but still good jobs cutting back - good mix of in between tackles - hits to the outside - and end around - good counter plays. Get Peyton to throw the ball well and I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread