#1 ffrookie

ffrookie

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 31-August 09

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

Since we just started the 2012 FBG drafts I thought Id go ahead and start a 'how did I do' thread. Here is my first team: Out of the 7 hole tonight I drafted the following team: QB: Rivers, Ponder (like Rivers upside as I still think he was hurt early and mid last year) RB: Forte, Charles, Donald Brown, Tate, Pead, Turbin (tried to take some upside guys late to go along with my more reliable players) WR: Jennings, Harvin, Steve Smith, Sidney Rice, Cobb, Jeffery, Caldwell (really like this WR group as I think 1+ of Cobb/Jeffery/Caldwell will break out) TE: Celek, Gresham, Kellen Davis (not the best but I think Im OK here) K; Bryant D: Ravens

#2 Pumpnick

Pumpnick

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,275 posts
  • Joined 08-September 03

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

I like your 3rd/4th round picks a lot

#3 Jersey Jammer

Jersey Jammer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 13-September 09

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:58 AM

This is a very solid team. Perhaps there aren't any real studs, but at the same time there aren't any weaknesses. Rivers will be solid, and doesn't get hurt, D Brown should be an acceptable flex, (too bad you couldn't pick Hillis up to pair with Charles), S Smith is a very nice flex play, (Harvin will outperform him), and I do think you've got 3 solid TEs. At least one of them will shine (probably Celek) but the other two are certainly capable. I think you'll be starting 2 of them during the year if you get any RB or WR injuries. This is proof that if you're patient, and not grab a QB or TE too early, you can end up with a soid team, end to end.

#4 Team Legacy

Team Legacy

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,403 posts
  • Joined 16-April 03
  • Interests:High Stakes Fantasy Football

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Great job man! You will be able to field a lineup easily. Love the extra pick made at TE to back up Celek. The only thing I dont care for is Rivers, a brutal playoff schedule, but he's still a stud.
"Power to the Players" - Fantasy Players Association Beta-Site
Follow us on Twitter - @TheFPA
Red vs Blue High Stakes Fantasy Radio - LIVE, every Friday at 11pm EST.
Call-ins welcome with live chat. FPA Radio

Follow me on Twitter - @RedBlueRadio
FOOTBALLGUYS - 14-Team REUNION League - 3-time CHAMPION!!

#5 irgun94

irgun94

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 22-July 10

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:39 AM

QB Cam Newton, RG III RB Chris Johnson, Roy Helu, C.J. Spiller, Ben Tate, Ronnie Hillman, Evan Royster, Javon Ringer, Chris Ivory WR Wes Welker, Malcom Floyd, Austin Collie, Randle Cobb, Vincent Brown TE Aaron Hernandez, Jacob Tammee, Joel Dresseen K Garrett Hartley D Raiders

#6 Jersey Jammer

Jersey Jammer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 13-September 09

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:28 AM

I see two challenges - a reliable #2 RB, and a 2nd flex. I see Tamme being one of the flexes but you're going to struggle for a 2nd one. Also, because of your weakness at RB, you might struggle even more so during byes, etc... Hillman may be getting you something in the 2nd half of the year but this contest has a very short regular season so it might be too late by the time he starts to help you. But your first two WRs, QBs, and TEs are strong. Wasn't there a better Def available?

#7 Bonfire

Bonfire
  • Members
  • -312,699 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:Texas A M Athletics

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

Like you're team for sure quality at every position and no holes that sink lots of teams. Your wr are especially nice.
You Are A Smelly Pirate Hooker

#8 prgromek

prgromek

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 552 posts
  • Joined 09-December 08

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

Here's my first two teams I drafted over the weekend. went with the "get stud QB/TE, wait on RB" approach in both.

4th pick

QB: Brady

RB: J Stewart, Hillis, Hightower, Jacquizz Rodgers, Tolbert, Snelling, L James

WR: R White, Colston, Jordy Nelson, A Brown, R Wayne, B Quick

TE: Graham, H Miller, B Watson

9th pick

QB: Cam

RB: R Bush, Spiller, Tate, K Hunter, L James, Grant

WR: AJ Green, Decker, Heyward-Bey, T Young, Little, Michael Floyd, Burleson

TE: Gronk, Hernandez, Clark, Kendricks

#9 dollarbill13

dollarbill13

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 171 posts
  • Joined 15-August 07

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

Here's my first two teams I drafted over the weekend. went with the "get stud QB/TE, wait on RB" approach in both.

4th pick

9th pick

The team with Brady should be really good. You waited on RBs but still landed two decent starters in Stewart and Hillis plus a home run pick in Jacquizz Rodgers. Your WRs are excellent for having spent high picks on TE and QB.

The other team is very bad, IMO. Your TEs are ridiculous but taking two TEs that high kind of limits your flexibility and you ended up below average at both WR and RB. You'll need a lot to go right in order to break .500 with that team.

#10 Pumpnick

Pumpnick

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,275 posts
  • Joined 08-September 03

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

QB - Rivers, Palmer RB- Rice, Sproles, Ingram, Jennings, Vereen, Royster, Pierce WR- Marshall, Colston, Bowe, Vjax, Simpson, Broyles, Tate TE- Daniels, Winslow Probably should have taken Helu instead of Vjax in the 7th to have had a more balanced team.

#11 Peeps Inc.

Peeps Inc.

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 12-September 10

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

Tonite outta the five hole Eli Manning, Andy Dalton Ryan Mathews, Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson, David Wilson, Felix Jones Steve Smith(car), Jeremy Maclin, Torrie Smith, Robert Meachem, Kendall Wright, Brandon Lafell, Alshon Jeffrey Tony Gonzalez, Martellus Bennett, Kellen Davis Bears D Robbie Gould, Lawrence Tynes

Edited by Peeps Inc., 30 July 2012 - 09:07 PM.

#12 rustycolts

rustycolts

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 923 posts
  • Joined 26-August 03

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

From the 6 spot in tonight's 10:00 draft. QBs A.Rogers, P.Rivers RBs W.McGahee,M.Turner,F.Gore,Dea.Willams,D.Thomas,M.Smith WRs R.Wayne, N.Burelson, L.Fitzgerald, Welker, Manningham,S.Hill,A.Jeffery TEs H.Miller,Moeaki K Akers,Carpenter Def Steelers

#13 baconisgood

baconisgood

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Joined 16-July 08

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:58 AM

Out of the #8 spot the official "I can't believer this holdout/injury is still going on team" QBs: Vick, Fitzpatrick RBs: CJ1k, MJD, Peterson, Hillis, Gerhart, Jennings WRs: Austin, Wallace, Boldin, Crabtree, Steve Smith (STL), Chad Johnson, Mike Thomas TEs: Keller, Dickson, Winslow K: Gould Dst: Lions TEs were ripping off the board and basically everyone I had targetted went at least 6 picks before me (Owen Daniels "fell" to just 2 picks before I was going to take him). I should be able to squeeze out low end starting caliber #s from this group but obviously I am flexing out RBs. I took Gerhart in the 8th but got lucky when no one grabbed Jennings at all and he fell to the 12th. I do have a big issue week 11 with CJ, ADP and Gerhart all on byes leaving me with MJD/Jennings and Hillis as starters and having to flex out 2 WRs/TEs but I don't mid tryhing to figure things out in the playoffs since that means I'm there. If MJD and Wallace show and ADP is good after he PUPs I ahve a potentially dominant team with 2 high end #2 WRs, 3 stud RBs, a top 6 QB and OK TE play and several options for my #2 flex. Of course the whole damn thing could blow up in my face and I my masses of injury/holdout risk prevent any real traction and I start out the season 1-4 and never even make the playoffs.

#14 baconisgood

baconisgood

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Joined 16-July 08

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:01 AM

From the 6 spot in tonight's 10:00 draft. QBs A.Rogers, P.Rivers RBs W.McGahee,M.Turner,F.Gore,Dea.Willams,D.Thomas,M.Smith WRs R.Wayne, N.Burelson, L.Fitzgerald, Welker, Manningham,S.Hill,A.Jeffery TEs H.Miller,Moeaki K Akers,Carpenter Def Steelers

I don't care how much value you see in rivers I just can't go with drafting a QB before the 12th round if you spend a 1st/2nd on Rodgers. Terriffic starting 3 WRs but you weakness at TE and age/low reception count at RB hurt the flex play and starters. That is where that pick needs to go.

#15 baconisgood

baconisgood

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Joined 16-July 08

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

Tonite outta the five hole Eli Manning, Andy Dalton Ryan Mathews, Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson, David Wilson, Felix Jones Steve Smith(car), Jeremy Maclin, Torrie Smith, Robert Meachem, Kendall Wright, Brandon Lafell, Alshon Jeffrey Tony Gonzalez, Martellus Bennett, Kellen Davis Bears D Robbie Gould, Lawrence Tynes

The Lynch/Peterson combo is risky since ADP might not be ready and Lynch might face disciplinary action. With Wilson a rookie behind a quality guy like Bradshaw it will be hard to get production from him early enough to counteract this. With the double flex that could mean you are starting your #3 and #4 receivers the first few weeks. Like a lot of teams you hinge on ADPs health.

#16 baconisgood

baconisgood

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Joined 16-July 08

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:08 AM

QB - Rivers, Palmer RB- Rice, Sproles, Ingram, Jennings, Vereen, Royster, Pierce WR- Marshall, Colston, Bowe, Vjax, Simpson, Broyles, Tate TE- Daniels, Winslow Probably should have taken Helu instead of Vjax in the 7th to have had a more balanced team.

I like this team. Def Helu instead of Vjax with this squad but its still good.

#17 ffrookie

ffrookie

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 31-August 09

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:17 AM

I like my first team a lot better. But here is my draft from the 7 hole last night. QB: Fitzpatrick, Griffin RB: CJ2K, Reggie Bush, Greene, Ryan Williams, Jacobs, Miller WR: Fitzgerald, Greg Jennings, Denarius Moore, LaFell, Santana Moss, Caldwell, Randle TE: Pettigrew, Fred Davis, Moeaki K: Prater D: Eagles

#18 Level 3 Offenders

Level 3 Offenders

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Joined 26-November 08

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

From the 5 hole Qb- Tom Brady, Andy Dalton Rb- Demarco Murray, Steven Jackson, Stevan Ridley, Kevin Smith, Daniel Thomas, Alex Green, Lamichael James Wr- Steve Smith, Dwayne Bowe, Danny Amendola, Michael Crabtree, Nate Washington, Jabar Gaffney, Steve Breaston Te- Brandon Pettigrew, Ed Dickson D- Dallas K- Lawrence Tynes

#19 Peeps Inc.

Peeps Inc.

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 12-September 10

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

The Lynch/Peterson combo is risky since ADP might not be ready and Lynch might face disciplinary action. With Wilson a rookie behind a quality guy like Bradshaw it will be hard to get production from him early enough to counteract this. With the double flex that could mean you are starting your #3 and #4 receivers the first few weeks. Like a lot of teams you hinge on ADPs health.

Lynch's lawyers are pushing his case to trial thus delaying the verdict, if he does get suspended I don't think it's until 2013. If ADP shows up I think my team could be nasty, I love Maclin this year and I think that someone will come out of the Torrey Smith, Robert Meachem battle to make my second flex not a weakness. And for some reason I'm all about Martellus Bennett, he's the self proclaimed black unicorn baby hahahhahah

Edited by Peeps Inc., 01 August 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#20 rustycolts

rustycolts

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 923 posts
  • Joined 26-August 03

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

I don't care how much value you see in rivers I just can't go with drafting a QB before the 12th round if you spend a 1st/2nd on Rodgers. Terriffic starting 3 WRs but you weakness at TE and age/low reception count at RB hurt the flex play and starters. That is where that pick needs to go.

To me he is good ins. So that was worth taking him. plus he can't be used against me if he is on my team.We play week 6 should be fun.Good luck

Edited by rustycolts, 01 August 2012 - 07:11 PM.

#21 heropretend

heropretend

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 06-August 05

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

Since we just started the 2012 FBG drafts I thought Id go ahead and start a 'how did I do' thread. Here is my first team: Out of the 7 hole tonight I drafted the following team: QB: Rivers, Ponder (like Rivers upside as I still think he was hurt early and mid last year) RB: Forte, Charles, Donald Brown, Tate, Pead, Turbin (tried to take some upside guys late to go along with my more reliable players) WR: Jennings, Harvin, Steve Smith, Sidney Rice, Cobb, Jeffery, Caldwell (really like this WR group as I think 1+ of Cobb/Jeffery/Caldwell will break out) TE: Celek, Gresham, Kellen Davis (not the best but I think Im OK here) K; Bryant D: Ravens

like it. good upside. you gonna do 12 drafts again? :)

#22 ffrookie

ffrookie

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 31-August 09

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:15 AM

Im sticking to 3 this year. I did fine last year but it was far too many to manage.

like it. good upside. you gonna do 12 drafts again? :)

#23 Seven Above

Seven Above

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Joined 23-April 05

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

3-hole on the Red vs Blue draft last night: Roethlisberger (10) RG III (11) Dalton (14) McCoy (1) Jamaal Charles (2) Shonn Greene (5) BJGE (7) Donald Brown (8) Dion Lewis Miles Austin (4) Torrey Smith (6) Emanuel Sanders Jerome Simpson Jacoby Ford Witten (3) Keller (9) Moeaki Henery SFO DET Overall, not a lot of slippage in this draft. QBs went earlier than last year, we decided to wait. Eli went 2 picks before us in the 8th, so we decided to wait some more.. don't think we did too bad with later round QB value. WRs are clearly the weak point of this club, but the approach is that we're probably not going to start more than 2 any given week anyway. Need a few things to happen for this club to compete - Charles to return to form and not get vultured too much by Hillis, Greene to step up as the undisputed go-to, Torrey Smith to capitalize on potential...

#24 Caesar

Caesar

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,239 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

at #5 QB - Newton, Dalton, Bradford RB - Jones-Drew, Lynch, Green-Ellis, Ingram, Woodhead WR - Megatron, Wayne, Heyward-Bey, Williams (TB), Sanu, Hankerson TE - Finley, Fleener, Dickson K - Bryant Def - Pitt, Cincy I like it. I love it if MJD ends his holdout. I like hyphens.
Veni Vidi Vici

#25 gchuva

gchuva

Footballguy

• FBG Apps Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Joined 15-November 08

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

Out of 7th slot Newton (4), Bradford Chris Johnson (1), Charles (3), Starks (8), DeAngelo (9), Ryan Will (10), Ringer Fitzgerald (2), Colston (5), Lafell, Quick, Hankerson F Davis (6), Gresham (7), Miller, Kendricks Chicago DST Bryant and Prater

#26 jch1

jch1

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25-October 08

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

Out of 7th slot Newton (4), Bradford Chris Johnson (1), Charles (3), Starks (8), DeAngelo (9), Ryan Will (10), Ringer Fitzgerald (2), Colston (5), Lafell, Quick, Hankerson F Davis (6), Gresham (7), Miller, Kendricks Chicago DST Bryant and Prater

Getting Charles in the middle of the third seems pretty sweet. Were RB's going later than expected?

#27 Peeps Inc.

Peeps Inc.

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts
  • Joined 12-September 10

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Getting Charles in the middle of the third seems pretty sweet. Were RB's going later than expected?

and colston in the fifth he went early fourth in mine

#28 jimmy b

jimmy b

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 21-August 04

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

Guy in my draft went.. 1) A. Foster 2) MJD 3) DeMarco Murray :excited:
NOW WHO'D HAVE THOUGHT...THAT AFTER ALL...

Frank Turner...

I STILL BELIEVE

#29 heropretend

heropretend

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 06-August 05

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

nice starters. don't like the newton pick for this team but its explosive. think you just need starks or deangelo to come through as your depth and you're a playoff team

#30 heropretend

heropretend

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 06-August 05

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

at #5 QB - Newton, Dalton, Bradford RB - Jones-Drew, Lynch, Green-Ellis, Ingram, Woodhead WR - Megatron, Wayne, Heyward-Bey, Williams (TB), Sanu, Hankerson TE - Finley, Fleener, Dickson K - Bryant Def - Pitt, Cincy I like it. I love it if MJD ends his holdout. I like hyphens.

you forgot to draft stephens hyphen howling. but nice team. surprised by this and the above team able to be pretty complete even with drafting newton in the 4th

#31 heropretend

heropretend

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 06-August 05

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

3-hole on the Red vs Blue draft last night: Roethlisberger (10) RG III (11) Dalton (14) McCoy (1) Jamaal Charles (2) Shonn Greene (5) BJGE (7) Donald Brown (8) Dion Lewis Miles Austin (4) Torrey Smith (6) Emanuel Sanders Jerome Simpson Jacoby Ford Witten (3) Keller (9) Moeaki Henery SFO DET Overall, not a lot of slippage in this draft. QBs went earlier than last year, we decided to wait. Eli went 2 picks before us in the 8th, so we decided to wait some more.. don't think we did too bad with later round QB value. WRs are clearly the weak point of this club, but the approach is that we're probably not going to start more than 2 any given week anyway. Need a few things to happen for this club to compete - Charles to return to form and not get vultured too much by Hillis, Greene to step up as the undisputed go-to, Torrey Smith to capitalize on potential...

nice upside but damn that's risky with austin's hammy. think i'd go allin with one of rg or big ben and grab another wr

#32 rustycolts

rustycolts

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 923 posts
  • Joined 26-August 03

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

2nd team both times drafted at the 6th spot. Rodgers,Flacco McGahee,D.Brown,D.Wilson,Blount,D.Thomas,M.Smith L.Fitz,G.Jennings,M.Austin,P.Harvin,Manningham,S.Hill,A.Jeffrey T.Gonz,K.Davis Akers,Prater Bears Waited till 5th round to draft rb and it shows.Hopefully I will be able to at least compete.

#33 Seven Above

Seven Above

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Joined 23-April 05

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

Out of the 9-hole just in the 7PM draft just now: Rivers (8) Freeman McFadden (1) Jones-Drew (2) Bradshaw (4) Wells (9) R. Jennings Blount Hightower Marshall (3) Austin (5) Bowe (6) S. Holmes (10) D. Nelson Gresham (7) Kendricks Dickson Henery Kaeding Patriots Thanks...

#34 heropretend

heropretend

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 06-August 05

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

Out of the 9-hole just in the 7PM draft just now: Rivers (8) Freeman McFadden (1) Jones-Drew (2) Bradshaw (4) Wells (9) R. Jennings Blount Hightower Marshall (3) Austin (5) Bowe (6) S. Holmes (10) D. Nelson Gresham (7) Kendricks Dickson Henery Kaeding Patriots Thanks...

bradshaw 4th is a steal. great team.

#35 heropretend

heropretend

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 06-August 05

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

2nd team both times drafted at the 6th spot. Rodgers,Flacco McGahee,D.Brown,D.Wilson,Blount,D.Thomas,M.Smith L.Fitz,G.Jennings,M.Austin,P.Harvin,Manningham,S.Hill,A.Jeffrey T.Gonz,K.Davis Akers,Prater Bears Waited till 5th round to draft rb and it shows.Hopefully I will be able to at least compete.

i think you're in trouble here relying on your top 2 rbs. you need to win on points i think. maybe wilson goes off a couple games and you should be ok.

#36 Sweetness_34

Sweetness_34

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,994 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

Drafted tonight from 2 hole Qb: Peyton; Schaub Rb: Ray Rice; Frank Gore; Roy Helu; Hightower; Brandon Jacobs; Bernard Pierce; Delone Carter WR: Roddy White; Demarius Thomas; Michael Crabtree; Santana Moss; Austin Collie TE: Gates; Owen Daniels; Ryan Housler D/ST: Steelers; Giants K: Jason Hanson My top picks were in this order: Rice; Roddy; Gates; Demarius Thomas; Gore; Peyton; Helu; Crabtree; Daniels; Schaub; Moss

#37 cvnpoka

cvnpoka

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,791 posts
  • Joined 28-August 07

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

4th pick

9th pick

gawd that first team looks sick.

2nd team lacks rb depth and will need someone to step up at flex2 but i would be optimistic.

i was in your 2nd draft at 11:

brady
forte, donald brown, kevin smith, daniel thomas, delone carter, bernard scott, hardesty, lamar miller
harvin, wallace, denarius, santonio, davone bess
gates, keller, dickson

kinda regret taking forte over mjd now. also stupidly wasnt aware enough to grab mbush.

#38 ffrookie

ffrookie

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 31-August 09

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

My final draft of the year: QB: Eli, Fitz RB: McCoy, Charles, Spiller, Rashad Jennings, Goodson, Brinkley WR: Green, Steve Smith-CAR, Maclin, Little, Simpson, Amendola, Jeffery TE: Finley, Rudolph, Moeaki K: Prater D: Jets

#39 baconisgood

baconisgood

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Joined 16-July 08

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

From the 2 spot Rivers (7) Schaub (15) Foster (1) Richardson (2) Tate (8) Blount (10) M Bush (11) Powell (14) Austin (4) Desean (6) DHB (9) M Williams TB (12) Blackmon (13) Gordon (17) S Hill (19) Gates (3) Witten (5) Watson (20)

#40 Seven Above

Seven Above

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Joined 23-April 05

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

7-hole tonight: P. Manning (8) Luck Cassel Chris Johnson (1) M. Lynch (4) BJGE (6) Starks (10) P. Thomas R. Jennings J. Ringer G. Jennings (2) V. Cruz (3) M. Colston (5) Blackmon Hankerson T. Owens (16) Tamme (7) Celek (9) Bironas PIT Two things that may be of interest: - Ryan Matthews went toward the end of the 3rd round - Cedric Benson went early in the 11th. I had hoped to take him later in the draft to pair up with Starks, but he went much earlier than I thought he would

Edited by Seven Above, 10 August 2012 - 09:48 PM.

#41 Seven Above

Seven Above

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Joined 23-April 05

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

From the 2 spot Rivers (7) Schaub (15) Foster (1) Richardson (2) Tate (8) Blount (10) M Bush (11) Powell (14) Austin (4) Desean (6) DHB (9) M Williams TB (12) Blackmon (13) Gordon (17) S Hill (19) Gates (3) Witten (5) Watson (20)

Clearly went with the TE strategy - Witten in the 5th is great value. Slight concern about starter depth at WR and RB, but you drafted some good upside, a couple of those guys should emerge.

#42 Sweetness_34

Sweetness_34

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,994 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

Just drafted from 1 hole: QB: Jay Cutler; Matt Schaub; Matt Cassell (plan to play match ups) RB: Foster (1.01); McGahee; Beanie Wells; Cedric Benson; Alex Green (GB) WR: Jordy Nelson (2.12); Brandon Marshall (3.01); Mike Wallace (4.12); Dwayne Bowe (5.01); Santana Moss; Steve Smith (STL) TE: Owen Daniels; Marcedes Lewis; Benjamin Watson D/ST: Niners; Bears K: Hartley/Saints I love this team! Hopefully between my QBBC and TEs, I can get top 10 production. Brees fell to my 2nd/3rd picks and I debated long before going with the 2 WRs. I am just very high on Cutler and the schedule the Bears have this year.

Edited by Sweetness_34, 11 August 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#43 ffrookie

ffrookie

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 31-August 09

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

Your WR's are definitely the strongest part of your team as you should be able to get good production out of your top 4 (with Bowe being boom or bust many weeks). Your RB's are decent but youll need one of McGahee or Beanie to hold off their capable backups (its likely Hillman and Williams will get more of the receptions). TE's are weak for this format although Daniels/Schaub had a very strong connection a couple of years ago. At QB, youll likely be middle of the pack which is probably fine as I suspect you got your QB's late. Overall, a good team and if you hit the GB RB lottery right and have a productive Beanie will be a league contender.

Just drafted from 1 hole: QB: Jay Cutler; Matt Schaub; Matt Cassell (plan to play match ups) RB: Foster (1.01); McGahee; Beanie Wells; Cedric Benson; Alex Green (GB) WR: Jordy Nelson (2.12); Brandon Marshall (3.01); Mike Wallace (4.12); Dwayne Bowe (5.01); Santana Moss; Steve Smith (STL) TE: Owen Daniels; Marcedes Lewis; Benjamin Watson D/ST: Niners; Bears K: Hartley/Saints I love this team! Hopefully between my QBBC and TEs, I can get top 10 production. Brees fell to my 2nd/3rd picks and I debated long before going with the 2 WRs. I am just very high on Cutler and the schedule the Bears have this year.

#44 heropretend

heropretend

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 06-August 05

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

just finished. kept missing out on wr targets and gonna hope simpson overtakes harvin in week 4. lol qb: ryan bradford rb: mcfadden, murray, bradshaw, felix, scott, ballard wr: bowe, holmes, rmoss, simpson, sanders, jeffery te: witten, fdavis, gresham

#45 tlahr

tlahr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

From the 3 spot: Philip Rivers (7) Matt Schaub Lesean McCoy (1) Darren Sproles (2) DeAngelo Williams (9) Cedric Benson Dexter McCluster Brandon Jacobs Wes Welker (3) Jordy Nelson (4) Torrey Smith (6) Sidney Rice (8) Nate Washington (10) Laurent Robinson Vernon Davis (5) Coby Fleener Scott Chandler Dan Bailey Nate Kaeding Packers D/ST

#46 ffrookie

ffrookie

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 31-August 09

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

My real final draft from the 4 spot. I dont feel that great about this team but who knows: QB: Palmer (11), Locker (15). In earlier drafts I was getting either Eli or Rivers in rounds 9, 10 or 11 but a huge run happened in this draft. As long as Locker is the starter in Ten I should be fine here. RB: McCoy (1), Sproles (2), Greene (6), Bush (9), Scott (13), McKnight (18).. Three solid starters here with potential in Bush and Scott. WR: Green (3), Smith (4), Young (8), Cobb (10), Brown (12), Baldwin (16), Royal (20)... Pretty confident Ill get 3-4 starters out of this group TE: Pettigrew (5), Celek (7), Housler (14)... May have a tough time choosing b/t Pettigrew and Celek each week or if both break out can use both K: Prater D: Lions

#47 heropretend

heropretend

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 06-August 05

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

was in your draft dan, i'd have been better off not doing a 2nd one today. had the 12th pick. i like most of your wrs except young. i'm ok with setting off that qb run. going all in with the gmen in this one.

Edited by heropretend, 11 August 2012 - 10:00 PM.

#48 cvnpoka

cvnpoka

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,791 posts
  • Joined 28-August 07

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

so can anyone share where mathews has been going?

#49 heropretend

heropretend

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 06-August 05

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

late 1st all the way to mid 4th. mostly going to top 3 picks in 2nd/3rd.

#50 heropretend

heropretend

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Joined 06-August 05

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

pick 5 rg3 flacco ponder forte sjax jstew r.brown dthomas powell ss bowe st.johnson dmoore cobb simpson graham celek rudolph

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users