What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rod Streater Bandwagon (1 Viewer)

I think there is some potential there. I would definitely keep an eye on him in deep dynasty leagues. He has a good rapport with Carson Palmer already. Also, the other Raider WR's can't seem to stay healthy.

Rod Streater has looked good in OTA's and amazing in preseason games. :thumbup:

I heard Dennis Allen say in an interview the other day (and it kind of surprised me because unless its a guy like Calvin or something, you don't hear coaches just openly say things like this alot). Anyway, he said Moore IS without a doubt their best Wr and DHB brings a great compliment to him with a different skill set. He said Streater had shown well considering how they got him and Criner was intriguing.

Just mentin all that because it may come down to realistic opportunity once Moore is healthy, etc. It sounded like Allne really ahs his mnd up on Moore and DHB.

The boys on the Audible have been pimping him for a while now. It looks like the Raiders have definitely found another talent at WR. They have tons of talent at WR but most of them seem to stay dinged up so he'll definitely get some playing time.

I added him on two of my zealots teams a week or so ago. I am hoping I can hold him on the end of my bench and see what happens.

A guy in my league just gave a 2014 1st for him (10-16th overall most likely).

I'm kinda shocked by that tbh as he was just drafted 5.06 in our rookie draft last week...

All these bandwagons have people going crazy. Extraordinarily popular delusions and the madness of crowds.

Better get Rod Streater while you can. He has just been named a starter for the 3rd preseason game for the Raiders. If Streater looks really good during this game, which I think he will, he could secure the #3 WR spot on the Raiders roster. It wouldn't surpise me at all if he pushed for more and more playing time as the season goes on. The coaches love him and Palmer loves throwing to him. So far this preseason Streater has been Palmers favorite target. Palmer and Streater seem to have a great rapport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi my name is Two Deep and I have an addiction for potential. I'm always looking for the next great thing, Streater is my current fix. I sure hope it works out because I can sure use a high.

My issue with Streater is the other super talented YOUNG WRs the Raiders have.. Its crazy, between Criner, Streater, DMoore, DHB and even Ford its going to be hard IMO to nail the 2-3 guys we all kinda love in this group...

I do like Streater quite a bit though... :wub:

Streater can produce this season. I didn't hesitate to deal Criner because he was on the WW and I grabbed him. I think he could easily turn DHB into a forgotten man in Oakland. Palmer goes to him all the time, he catches almost everything, and other than the tangibles he has a great never-quit work ethic (chasing down an DB who picked off Palmer and tackling him at the 2 yard line.)

Look, coaches can say what they want to happen during the preseason. But ultimately production dictates who sees the field when it comes down to winning games week after week. The Jags may want to ease in Mojo, but if Jennings sucks they are not going to let him sit on the bench to teach him a lesson and cost themselves games in the process. It's already pretty much a given Streater will see a good amount of snaps in the regular season. If he continues to outproduce DHB and every other Raiders WR on the field by a wide margin, he will start, and Palmer will keep going to him because he runs the right routes and catches the damn ball.

I am targeting him as a late-round flier in my redrafts. Just watch the two Oakland games and watch what he does this weekend. He's just flat-out consistent, something the Raiders are sorely missing in the WR department.

My favorites of the Oakland WRS are Streater and D. Moore. Heyward-Bey and Criner and Ford just dont do it for me. Ford would be ok if he wasnt injured and i was in a return yard dynasty league i guess

I endorse this bandwagon. Streater has a nice catch radius, sweet hands, comes back to the football and attacks it mid flight. He catches a ton of check downs for now which is good, but we haven't even yet seen a proper display of his 4.37 speed on this 6'3" 200 pounder who looks like a young Donald Driver to me.

All Aboard!!!

'krsone21 said:
Better get Rod Streater while you can. He has just been named a starter for the 3rd preseason game for the Raiders. If Streater looks really good during this game, which I think he will, he could secure the #3 WR spot on the Raiders roster. It wouldn't surpise me at all if he pushed for more and more playing time as the season goes on. The coaches love him and Palmer loves throwing to him. So far this preseason Streater has been Palmers favorite target. Palmer and Streater seem to have a great rapport.
Pump the brakes a bit. He's been Palmer's favorite target because Jacoby Ford and Denarius Moore have been out.

'krsone21 said:
Pump the brakes a bit. He's been Palmer's favorite target because Jacoby Ford and Denarius Moore have been out.
Now step on the gas a little...Jacoby Ford is in a walking boot and is said to be "aways out" while DMoore is not practicing and probably is shut down until the season opener. Streater keeps making plays up and down the field with no helmet taps. He's proven to be a warrior, and has that rare talent of being a durable Raider wideout.

'krsone21 said:
Ford has been in both games and has stunk up the joint. Had 2-3 drops in the first game and didn't do much in the second.

For the last few years, we have been enamored with promising rookie wr's on the Raiders. Durability seems to be the issue for them. Maybe Streater is different.

Jacoby Ford is in a walking boot and is said to be "aways out" while DMoore is not practicing and probably is shut down until the season opener. Streater keeps making plays up and down the field with no helmet taps. He's proven to be a warrior, and has that rare talent of being a durable Raider wideout.
Uh, when was this proven and how? I'm not trying to be argumentative, just wondering what you base this on.

I'm liking this Streater guy. DHB better not look over his shoulder. Moore is still nursing an offseason hammy issue. And I thought Criner was the Raiders WR steal this year. :excited:

DHB

Moore

Streater

Ford

Criner

That's a nice looking WR corps in development for Palmer. Moore down, Ford down, next man up!

Streater is going to end up a starter in week one I think. D Moore is working on his hammy and Ford is out indefinitely. DHB is a lock as well. Setting the week one Raiders wideouts, I see Streater, DHB and Moore as the starters. Pay close attention to Streater. He seems to be Carson's security blanket right now.

Streater is going to end up a starter in week one I think. D Moore is working on his hammy and Ford is out indefinitely. DHB is a lock as well. Setting the week one Raiders wideouts, I see Streater, DHB and Moore as the starters. Pay close attention to Streater. He seems to be Carson's security blanket right now.
no criner? 2 tds and over a hundy tonight

Criner isn't starting - I have no idea on what you are basing this.
He picked him up off waiver wire cause the other Oakland WRs weren't available...then he saw his 2 TD stat line from last night and failed to realize it was against 3rd stringers with Pryor as his QB on luckyass throws.

no dhb is not that good
DHB was raw coming out. He came into his own last year and will start. He's looked pretty good this pre-season too.Lot of young talent in Oakland. Right now I'm liking DHB, Criner and Moore, but I can see a guy like Streeter contributing. This could end up being a situation where 4 or 5 guys put up fantasy depth numbers but they keep each other from being fantasy starter worthy.

Did you see the catch DHB made on the deep sideline route last game? Dude has definitely improved a ton since his rookie year.

Streater looks polished as **** for a rookie. Criner looks good too.

And of course there's last year's favorite, Denarious, who a lot of people were predicting to make a huge jump this season. Palmer and Coach Allen still talking of him as the starting X, which is the deep route WR. So far it seems like Streater has at least locked up the back up X spot to Moore. We'll see if further opportunity to start comes. Ford's injury may play a role for Rod as well.

One more thing - Carson Palmer has looked BAD so far in Knapp's WCO system, even though the above WR except Moore/Ford have looked good. Time will tell if CP3 improves. If he doesn't, it's hard to see how all these WR don't canabalize one another to near or total irrelevance.

Did you see the catch DHB made on the deep sideline route last game? Dude has definitely improved a ton since his rookie year.Streater looks polished as **** for a rookie. Criner looks good too.And of course there's last year's favorite, Denarious, who a lot of people were predicting to make a huge jump this season. Palmer and Coach Allen still talking of him as the starting X, which is the deep route WR. So far it seems like Streater has at least locked up the back up X spot to Moore. We'll see if further opportunity to start comes. Ford's injury may play a role for Rod as well.
You guys think he will be the starting KR/PR as well untill Ford heals, or possibly for good if he outperforms him?

Where are you guys getting that he's a deep threat? Seems much more like a reliable possession receiver in the mold of Welker.

Where are you guys getting that he's a deep threat? Seems much more like a reliable possession receiver in the mold of Welker.
Hardly in the Welker mold at 6-3 and 200 lbs, but he does look like the big move-the-chains guy that the Raiders have been missing since Zack Miller left town. I initially thought that role would go to Juron Criner (and it still may eventually) but it looks like Streater is the best bet in the short term.

we don't really know that yet. He averaged over 20 ypc in his last year at Temple (even thought it was only on 19 catches). He also ran a 4.37 at his pro day (yes I know, pro day times arent really to be trusted). They run mostly short stuff in Knapp's offense, but he got open for a deep crossing pattern last week (Palmer was wide on the throw).Time will tell.

Already had the draft. Would have to drop Sydney rice. Thinking about it. I really think he becomes the catch leader on this team. They don't have anyone else who is actually consistent underneath. I could see him catching 70 balls for around 900 and 6.

Sick talent at WR. I'd put Carson in the shotgun the whole game and bring back the run 'n shoot.

McFadden in the backfield + 4-wides. :eek:

Already had the draft. Would have to drop Sydney rice. Thinking about it. I really think he becomes the catch leader on this team. They don't have anyone else who is actually consistent underneath. I could see him catching 70 balls for around 900 and 6.
I am big as fan of Streater as anyone, but I wouldnt drop Rice for him. I guess your league has short benches.

Nah that's when you know people are searching (reaching) for something, and have united on a common player. Typical rookie hype. There have been dozens of Streaters over the years. Once the season begins, he's just another guy. 20-25 catches 350 yards 1 TD. He's a dynasty project only.

Nah that's when you know people are searching (reaching) for something, and have united on a common player. Typical rookie hype. There have been dozens of Streaters over the years. Once the season begins, he's just another guy. 20-25 catches 350 yards 1 TD. He's a dynasty project only.
:goodposting: ...and I own Streater. Oddly, Streater seems to be this year's version of...D. Moore (whom I also own in dynasty). Oakland WRs are a lot of sizzle...until you start them in meaningful games. We'll see I guess. But multiple threads on a guy can mean people are grasping for lightning in a bottle and looking for the next (insert guy who came out of nowhere here).

Users who are viewing this thread