#1 medparadise

medparadise

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 23-August 06

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

I've been offered vincent and lloyd for jennings. Jennings while a solid player is 29 and injury prone. I'd love your feedback here.
12 team, 15 round yahoo ultimate league -- I had the 6th pic ;)

QB (1 starter)
WR (3 starters)
RB (2 starters)
TE (1 starter)
PK (1 starter)
Defense (1 starter)

Cam Newton
Greg Jennings
Dez Bryant
Torrey Smith
Malcom Floyd
Brandon Lafell
Ray Rice
Ahmad Bradshaw
Mark Ingram
Stevan Ridley
Brent Celek
Greg Olsen
Nate Kaeding
Buffalo

#2 jvdesigns2002

jvdesigns2002

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,014 posts
  • Joined 01-September 12

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

Tough call. I want to premise it by saying that I don't think it's a bad deal in general. Greg Jennings would probably be ranked the best player in that deal as of now--but by the end of the year--Lloyd could be. The thing is that I'm not very big on Vincent Jackson this year--but that's just my opinion. Also, you still have dez. and torrey..which means one of your solid wr's would have to sit every week if you take the deal. Also, you would have to drop a player assuming you don't have the roster spot--which most likely would be ingram. I think that based on your team--I probably would very slightly lean towards taking the deal just because I believe in Lloyd..and even though I don't like Vincent jackson--I think he is legit material for future trade bait.

#3 medparadise

medparadise

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 23-August 06

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

Tough call. I want to premise it by saying that I don't think it's a bad deal in general. Greg Jennings would probably be ranked the best player in that deal as of now--but by the end of the year--Lloyd could be. The thing is that I'm not very big on Vincent Jackson this year--but that's just my opinion. Also, you still have dez. and torrey..which means one of your solid wr's would have to sit every week if you take the deal. Also, you would have to drop a player assuming you don't have the roster spot--which most likely would be ingram. I think that based on your team--I probably would very slightly lean towards taking the deal just because I believe in Lloyd..and even though I don't like Vincent jackson--I think he is legit material for future trade bait.

Thanks for the thoughts. Lafell would probably be who I'd drop if I take this.
12 team, 15 round yahoo ultimate league -- I had the 6th pic ;)

QB (1 starter)
WR (3 starters)
RB (2 starters)
TE (1 starter)
PK (1 starter)
Defense (1 starter)

Cam Newton
Greg Jennings
Dez Bryant
Torrey Smith
Malcom Floyd
Brandon Lafell
Ray Rice
Ahmad Bradshaw
Mark Ingram
Stevan Ridley
Brent Celek
Greg Olsen
Nate Kaeding
Buffalo

#4 lebowski

lebowski

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,034 posts
  • Joined 12-August 04

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

I've been offered vincent and lloyd for jennings. Jennings while a solid player is 29 and injury prone. I'd love your feedback here.

Personally I think I would do this. I'm pretty high on Lloyd this year though. Both he and Jennings are in a high powered offense.
The dude abides.

#5 gianthater

gianthater

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Joined 12-May 12

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

VinJack/Lloyd for Jennings/LaFell. Tough call. I'm also not a big Jackson believer, and I also think Lloyd could be big for the Pats. So, it's a mized bag. Truth is, I see Jennings as a boom or busty weekly contributor, and getting 2 starters for essentially 1 can really help over the course of Bye weeks and injury protection. So, I'd probably decide to so it. Will you answer mine -- http://forums.footba...howtopic=655023 Thanks!

#6 49erFthFll

49erFthFll

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 293 posts
  • Joined 07-September 12

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

I would stick with your current team. I think VJax is going to under achieve this year, plus he's never topped 1200 yds and more than 9 TD's in a season with a better passer than Freeman. http://forums.footba...howtopic=654941

12 team high scoring league - Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Kicker, 1 DST

.5 PPR

QB - Jay Cutler

RB - Joquie Bell, Rashard Jennings, Andre Williams, Fred Jackson, Theo Riddick

WR - Julio Jones, Jordan Matthews, Michael Crabtree, Jarvis Landry, Steve Smith, Eric Decker, Marquiss Wilson, Harry Douglas

TE - Jimmy Graham

K - Bullock

DST - Colts, Lions

#7 Coupdegrace

Coupdegrace

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 504 posts
  • Joined 04-September 12

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

i think jennings is on the way out take the offer if you have a chance http://forums.footba...howtopic=654943

Silence is golden, duct tape is silver

#8 GoSteelers

GoSteelers

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:00 AM

I'd make that deal. Lloyd is very close to Jennings right now imo, and VJax is the #1 for his team. He's a great fill-in and has shown the ability to be a FF stud in the past. Granted, he's in a different situation now, but hes definitely rosterable. mine: http://forums.footba...howtopic=655086

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users