#201 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61,020 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

I'm with those who feel cheated by no finale this year. I want them all dead and now I'll have to wait till at least next year.

If you need a yard, I'll get you three. If you need five yards, I'll get you three.

#202 jamny

jamny

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27,202 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

I'm with those who feel cheated by no finale this year. I want them all dead and now I'll have to wait till at least next year.

Just deleted from my DVR. I could've stuck it out for this season but I'm not watching a second season. :thumbdown:

#203 Parrothead

Parrothead

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,768 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

dammit...  I can stomach one season just to see how it all wraps up, but not two.. <_<

In memory of Shining Path.. RIP...

#204 CurlyNight

CurlyNight

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,411 posts
  • Joined 24-September 05

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

Maybe they will all be dead but leave offspring behind.. :P

#205 cstu

cstu

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51,332 posts
  • Joined 20-August 04

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Just deleted from my DVR. I could've stuck it out for this season but I'm not watching a second season. :thumbdown:

I stopped watching after episode 3 but planned to watch it all after it aired, but I thought 13 episodes was overkill already.

at no no point in history has the outline of asses and ######s been more readily available.

#206 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61,020 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

Well they keep killing people off, but not always the right ones.

I guess it's one way to keep the budget down, dead characters don't have to get paid for the rest of the series.

If you need a yard, I'll get you three. If you need five yards, I'll get you three.

#207 The Dude

The Dude

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,904 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:39 AM

Thoughts on last night?  I got all the shows on DVR - on the fence whehter or not to watch or delete

#208 stbugs

stbugs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,512 posts
  • Joined 08-December 04

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

I can't comment, gonna have to watch it on Amazon. Damn Dish must be having a problem with CBS because it isn't auto-recording like it is supposed to and now WGN is in the CBS channel 3 slot (Charlotte).

#209 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61,020 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

Big Jim going Rambo on the farmer with the water & bad teeth. :thumbup:

#210 Idiot Boxer

Idiot Boxer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29,360 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

My buddy is in next Monday's episode.   He's a farmer that shoots someone.  

Your mom is my sig

#211 collective

collective

Footballguy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Joined 25-January 13

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

Spoiler alert!!!

#212 stbugs

stbugs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,512 posts
  • Joined 08-December 04

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

Spoiler alert!!!

I saw the episode and I am assuming he is the farmer that got whacked by Big Jim. He didn't shoot anyone, but he did hit Big Jim with the gun he was holding (I think).

Your buddy was fine in the fight scene, but his reaction to the burning was just OK. That said, that could have been my problem with the exploding gas tank since I watched a Mythbuster's episode on that and they tried every conceivable way to make it happen, but a gunshot never worked.

#213 Idiot Boxer

Idiot Boxer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29,360 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

Spoiler alert!!!

I saw the episode and I am assuming he is the farmer that got whacked by Big Jim. He didn't shoot anyone, but he did hit Big Jim with the gun he was holding (I think).

Your buddy was fine in the fight scene, but his reaction to the burning was just OK. That said, that could have been my problem with the exploding gas tank since I watched a Mythbuster's episode on that and they tried every conceivable way to make it happen, but a gunshot never worked.
his episode is tonight.

Your mom is my sig

#214 Idiot Boxer

Idiot Boxer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29,360 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:43 AM

Spoiler alert!!!

his episode is tonight.

He was "Wendell" one of the old farmer's crew.  The one who kneecapped the deputy with the rifle.  

Thought he did a pretty good job and there was a great rack focus on him. (not on his rack.  A rack focus)

Your mom is my sig

#215 wildbill

wildbill

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,526 posts
  • Joined 05-January 04

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

I'm enjoying this show a lot more now that the town has descended into chaos and violence.  Glad I stuck with it.

#216 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61,020 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

I'm enjoying this show a lot more now that the town has descended into chaos and violence.  Glad I stuck with it.

The part I still enjoy the most is how at least one character is killed off every week.

#217 stbugs

stbugs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,512 posts
  • Joined 08-December 04

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

Definitely better the last couple weeks. Still not a big fan of the psycho Junior angle, but I will watch the rest.

#218 Leroy Hoard

Leroy Hoard

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61,020 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

Still watching despite the fact that I should know better. Gotta find a way to crack that egg.

#219 stbugs

stbugs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,512 posts
  • Joined 08-December 04

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

Still watching despite the fact that I should know better. Gotta find a way to crack that egg.

Me too. The lady from The Following is hot and all, but awful for this show. The previews showing her organizing a fight club looks so stupid. This is supposed to be some small podunk town and now there are enough guys ready to throw down in underground boxing. What does she get out it? Oh, here is all the money in the town, which isn't even as valuable as toiler paper. Is this part of the TV show entertainment or actually following the book. Oh well, I am watching it anyway.

#220 CurlyNight

CurlyNight

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,411 posts
  • Joined 24-September 05

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

It is somewhat boring now but since I'm a hard core SK fan, I'll stick with it. Only 3 epis left this season...

#221 Braktastic

Braktastic

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 687 posts
  • Joined 06-August 11

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

The part I still enjoy the most is how at least one character is killed off every week.

Yeah, me too.  I think that's because there are so many dumb characters with little to no redeeming value on the show.  I'm still watching, but if this were on in the fall, I would've dropped it two episodes ago.

#222 IvanKaramazov

IvanKaramazov

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46,739 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

I've had a lot of fun hate-watching this on Amazon Prime.  It has just the right level of so-bad-its-good going on.  I can't believe there are people out there who view SK as anything more than a hack.

#223 SmoovySmoov

SmoovySmoov

The Way of the Samurai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,679 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

I've had a lot of fun hate-watching this on Amazon Prime.  It has just the right level of so-bad-its-good going on.  I can't believe there are people out there who view SK as anything more than a hack.

I know when I judge authors, the first thing I look at is TV adaptations of their work.

When you fart is loud enough to make a animal curious you know probably gonna win burritos.

"There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to all things." ~ Hagakure: The Way of the Samurai

"Hodor!" ~ Hodor

#224 IvanKaramazov

IvanKaramazov

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46,739 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

I know when I judge authors, the first thing I look at is TV adaptations of their work.

What makes this show fun is that all the flaws in his storytelling carry over directly to the small screen -- preposterous plots; flat, one-dimensional characters; cheesy dialog; eye-rolling plot developments; and oh-what-the-hell-lets-just-wrap-this-thing-up endings.  It's actually an excellent TV adaptation in that regard.

Edited by IvanKaramazov, 20 August 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#225 The Dude

The Dude

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,904 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

What makes this show fun is that all the flaws in his storytelling carry over directly to the small screen -- preposterous plots; flat, one-dimensional characters; cheesy dialog; eye-rolling plot developments; and oh-what-the-hell-lets-just-wrap-this-thing-up endings.  It's actually an excellent TV adaptation in that regard.

Calling him a hack is just nuts

#226 pollardsvision

pollardsvision

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,431 posts
  • Joined 23-August 07

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

:lmao: This crap is so terrible.

Hank and the redhead not only can't save it, they are as bad as the rest of them. Worse than them all except Junior and the Asian kid by my count.

It could be fun to keep watching, but I'm afraid it would ruin Breaking Bad's final season for me.

Good thing he probably made more money in one season of this than he did in five of BB.

Edited by pollardsvision, 20 August 2013 - 05:19 PM.

PSN: PolrdsVision

#227 Frostillicus

Frostillicus

Bad Manager

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18,852 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

There is almost nothing resembling the book in this show other than character names and maybe a character trait or two.  King actually told them to just use his book as a rough guideline and do whatever they want. 

Enemies List:
Wisconsin
Rudy
Jon Rauch
Coldplay
Bread-and-butter pickles

Marv's Trailers

Lance Briggs

YSR

#228 IvanKaramazov

IvanKaramazov

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46,739 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

There is almost nothing resembling the book in this show other than character names and maybe a character trait or two.  King actually told them to just use his book as a rough guideline and do whatever they want. 

I'm sorry guys, but at some point you have to face up to the fact that this guy knows how to write a page-turner and that's it.  Stephen King is perfectly fine if you view his stuff as throwaway fiction that you read while you're on vacation somewhere, but I've participated in threads where people have seriously argued that he's one of greatest novelists of our time, which confirms my beliefs about the state of our educational system.

On a side note, if King really told the producers to take his book and do whatever the hell they want with it, what does that tell you about King's self-estimation of his own work?  Especially when you consider some of the ####e that he's lent his name to in the past? 

#229 Frostillicus

Frostillicus

Bad Manager

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18,852 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

I'm sorry guys, but at some point you have to face up to the fact that this guy knows how to write a page-turner and that's it.  Stephen King is perfectly fine if you view his stuff as throwaway fiction that you read while you're on vacation somewhere, but I've participated in threads where people have seriously argued that he's one of greatest novelists of our time, which confirms my beliefs about the state of our educational system.

On a side note, if King really told the producers to take his book and do whatever the hell they want with it, what does that tell you about King's self-estimation of his own work?  Especially when you consider some of the ####e that he's lent his name to in the past? 

Oh, ok.

Enemies List:
Wisconsin
Rudy
Jon Rauch
Coldplay
Bread-and-butter pickles

Marv's Trailers

Lance Briggs

YSR

#230 shuke

shuke

Black Ice Skeptic

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 60,153 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:Soap fusion.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:58 PM

I hate myself for continuing to watch this.

Owning Capella in fantasy sports since 2003.
Owning Otis in werewolf since 2010.

I hate signatures, but love irony.

#231 cstu

cstu

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51,332 posts
  • Joined 20-August 04

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

I quit after ep 3 - is there any reason at all, besides masochism, to watch any more?

at no no point in history has the outline of asses and ######s been more readily available.

#232 GTBilly

GTBilly

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,516 posts
  • Joined 13-June 06

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

I quit after ep 3 - is there any reason at all, besides masochism, to watch any more?

It's a train wreck and you just can't help yourself. That's my reasoning.
A person can be smart but in general people are stupid.

#233 Aerial Assault

Aerial Assault

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,068 posts
  • Joined 01-June 03
  • Interests:What do you think they are?

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

I enjoy watching Rachelle Lefevre and the little spinner, who finally got out of the dungeon.  And the story is so stupid it's funny.  How about the sudden appearance of a lake this week!  :lmao:  

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Morons.

#234 RBM

RBM

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21,427 posts
  • Joined 03-August 03

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

Same. The introduction of the underground Fight Club hit a new low this week.

#235 stbugs

stbugs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,512 posts
  • Joined 08-December 04

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

Yep. I posted above that the fight club preview looked awful and it was worse than I thought. Introducing that lady from The Following was a bad idea. She's hot and she didn't write the scripts, but she has no luck getting good characters. If this show wasn't on in the summer I would have given it up a while ago.

#236 CurlyNight

CurlyNight

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,411 posts
  • Joined 24-September 05

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

2 more epis left! :pickle:

#237 (HULK)

(HULK)

(Smash)

• FBG Apps Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 24,842 posts
  • Joined 23-September 05

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:56 AM

I enjoy watching Rachelle Lefevre and the little spinner, who finally got out of the dungeon.  And the story is so stupid it's funny.  How about the sudden appearance of a lake this week!  :lmao:

I came here to talk about the lake. There was this huge water shortage and riots.

Meanwhile, there was a lake, full of fresh water that just needed to be boiled, which isn't hard when you have ample propane.

Horrible.

#238 (HULK)

(HULK)

(Smash)

• FBG Apps Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 24,842 posts
  • Joined 23-September 05

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:57 AM

WE HAVEN'T HAD TV IN NINE DAYS! LETS BRAWL FOR ENTERTAINMENT AND GAMBLE FOR SALT!

#239 (HULK)

(HULK)

(Smash)

• FBG Apps Beta Tester
  • Pip
  • 24,842 posts
  • Joined 23-September 05

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:59 AM

I really enjoyed the book up until its attrocious ending. This show is way worse than the book.

<-- Enjoys King, but as a light read, not as "greatest American novelist". That's obviously Dan Brown.

kiddingaboutDanBrownobviously

#240 wildbill

wildbill

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,526 posts
  • Joined 05-January 04

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:05 AM

How about the sudden appearance of a lake this week!  :lmao:  

And it appears to be right across the street from Big Jim's house.

#241 jamny

jamny

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27,202 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:17 AM

I remember being into Lost in its first season and as soon as they announced that it was picked up for a second season, the storylines started to drag and new random characters and plotlines started to be introduced. I barely finished the season. That's why I bailed when they announced a second season of the Dome. Get out while you can! It'll only get worse.

#242 shuke

shuke

Black Ice Skeptic

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 60,153 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:02 AM

With all due respect, if you didn't know there was a lake, what show have you been watching?

They had to use the farmer's well because the lake water was poisoned.  Or something.

#243 Braktastic

Braktastic

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 687 posts
  • Joined 06-August 11

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

This.  I never knew what hate-watch meant until recently.  I started to hate-watch The Following but was able to give it up because there was better options available, but this dreck is only "successful" because there's nothing else on.

#244 SmoovySmoov

SmoovySmoov

The Way of the Samurai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,679 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

What novels have you written?  Any best sellers in there? 

No?  Well, then maybe instead of thinking you are an authority on literature, maybe you could come to the realization that just because you don't like someone's work, doesn't mean that those who do are uneducated.  I'd gladly compare education levels with you any day.  Just looking at the world that he created, with respect to the Dark Tower, and all the connections between his books is outstanding.  Don't like them?  Maybe you could avoid threads about his work, or adaptations loosely based on his work.  Just a suggestion.

As for this show, completely off the rails.  Agree wholeheartedly with the poster who said this show has characters with the same names as characters from the book, and that's about it.

When you fart is loud enough to make a animal curious you know probably gonna win burritos.

"There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to all things." ~ Hagakure: The Way of the Samurai

"Hodor!" ~ Hodor

#245 IvanKaramazov

IvanKaramazov

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46,739 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:53 AM

Have you ever recorded a hit song?  No?  I'll bet you still have opinions about music.

No?  Well, then maybe instead of thinking you are an authority on literature, maybe you could come to the realization that just because you don't like someone's work, doesn't mean that those who do are uneducated.

I have no problem with people who "like" authors like Stephen King, Dan Brown, Michael Crichton, etc. when they're looking for a throwaway book to take on an airplane or to the beach.  But yes, anybody who thinks that any of these guys approach Great Writer status are poorly educated and/or poorly exposed to literature.

I'd gladly compare education levels with you any day.  Just looking at the world that he created, with respect to the Dark Tower, and all the connections between his books is outstanding.  Don't like them?  Maybe you could avoid threads about his work, or adaptations loosely based on his work.  Just a suggestion.

No thanks.  These are great fun.  And I'm enjoying Under the Dome, just not in the way in that King probably intended.

Edited by IvanKaramazov, 29 August 2013 - 05:54 AM.

#246 SmoovySmoov

SmoovySmoov

The Way of the Samurai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,679 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

Have you ever recorded a hit song?  No?  I'll bet you still have opinions about music.

True.  Of course the obvious difference here is that I don't say "Anyone who likes ________ has to be poorly educated, or has never been exposed to "good" music.  I realize that my opinion is just that.

"Hodor!" ~ Hodor

#247 shuke

shuke

Black Ice Skeptic

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 60,153 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:39 AM

This.  I never knew what hate-watch meant until recently.  I started to hate-watch The Following but was able to give it up because there was better options available, but this dreck is only "successful" because there's nothing else on.

Favorite hate-watch show of recent memory has to be Jericho.  Was actually relieved when it was cancelled.  

I was able to give up on Revolution, but I don't think I will be able to with Under the Dome.

#248 Cold Dead Hands

Cold Dead Hands

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,158 posts
  • Joined 16-September 08

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:39 AM

With all due respect, if you didn't know there was a lake, what show have you been watching?

They had to use the farmer's well because the lake water was poisoned.  Or something.

Shuke is correct here. The lake has always been there, We have seen it from Big Jim's house a few times. If I recall it was ep2 or 3... something was being released into the lake. Petroleum or waste or something.

#249 stbugs

stbugs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,512 posts
  • Joined 08-December 04

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:42 AM

Shuke is correct here. The lake has always been there, We have seen it from Big Jim's house a few times. If I recall it was ep2 or 3... something was being released into the lake. Petroleum or waste or something.

Yeah, I don't recall the reason it was considered undrinkable, but they did mention that.

#250 shuke

shuke

Black Ice Skeptic

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 60,153 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

Yeah, I don't recall the reason it was considered undrinkable, but they did mention that.

Mentioned it? They showed Barbie and redhead going to the lake and seeing all the dead fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users