What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kris Durham activated from Lions PS (1 Viewer)

eNdblu

Footballguy
I know nothing about this guy other than a tweet I saw yesterday and read about online.

Mike Clay‏@MikeClayNFLName to watch in dynasty leagues for Lions: Kris Durham. Could he get practice squad call up?
Then saw that he was called up today
The Detroit Lions have signed wide receiver Kris Durham from their practice squad. The move came on Tuesday and was done to fill the void created by wide receiver Ryan Broyles' season-ending ACL injury. Broyles tore his right ACL on Sunday, and the Lions opted to fill his spot with somebody who already knows the system.Durham originally joined the Lions back in September after the final round of roster cuts. He was added to the practice squad after being let go by the Seattle Seahawks. He went to Georgia and is "throwing buddies" with Matthew Stafford, so he already had ties to the Lions before joining the practice squad.Right now, Durham is set to join Mike Thomas and Brian Robiskie in the rotation at wide receiver behind Calvin Johnson. It remains to be seen if the Lions will make another move to add depth to the position with Titus Young not being in the mix, and it also remains to be seen if the team will simply release Young at some point this week.In any case, at least the Lions now have a few guys who will have the chance to step in and play on Sunday.
Does anyone know much about Durham? Could he be a dynasty stash?

I think all it means is that Young should start scouting out a nice bridge to live under.

i remember that he was among that unremarkable Seattle WR squad last year and couldn't crack the line-up. snooping around, i see that he was at UGA with stafford actually and that might explain how he got on their practice squad.

maybe a flyer/lottery ticket?

He's had hamstring issues. Made the Seahawks roster last year but could never stay healthy enough to be activated. Was one of the final cuts in training camp this year.

On the plus side, he was Matthew Stafford's favorite target in college.

Mike Thomas will get the start, I dunno how many looks he is going to see as the fourth option not to mention he turded up the last game. He's got value but I think he's a desperation PPR play.

Fan favorite at UGA. Big and can run. Dont overlook him in the Lions offense!
He is a good target for Stafford. His main issue has been staying healthy. He apparently is healthy now and is behind only Mike Thomas and Brian Robiskie. I think the TE's get the biggest bump from losing Young and Broyles to IR personally, but I'll be watching this very carefully.

He's had hamstring issues. Made the Seahawks roster last year but could never stay healthy enough to be activated. Was one of the final cuts in training camp this year.

On the plus side, he was Matthew Stafford's favorite target in college.
I thought MoMass was his favorite. Think Durham had 3 pedestrian seasons with Stafford (something like 8, 11 & 13 catches). IIRC they both graduated h.s. early and enrolled at UGA in January, played in the Spring game.He missed all of 2009, THEN had a productive 2010 senior year. He may well have had a good rapport with Stafford, but that was 4-6 years ago.

Then again, you might have heard once or twice about Jay Cutler and Earl Bennett...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was super excited when I saw this guy get drafted by the Hawks. They cut him for a reason, though, and it's not because of the amount of talent in front of him was anything amazing. Great WR in theory. Not in execution.

I don't remember him from college, i don't watch alot of college ball. So this was the first I saw of him. Topic lists 4.4 speed. I would guess he builds speed. He looks stiff when he releasing from the line, not explosive at all from what I saw. The 27yd reception down the sideline was very impressive. It was a diving grab that if thrown better would have been a td, he had his guy beat. He did run a poor post route that resulted in Staffords Int. He was also unable to come up with an underthrown pass that was at his shins. Probably should have come up with it. All in all I didn't feel it was a bad performance, he mad some mistakes. But showed sum ability. Hard to judge a guy after 1 game. His catch was impressive, but he didn't pass the eyeball test, not for me anyway. looking forward to seeing what he does next week if he gets another start.

The guy hadn't played all season, and had a productive night. He has a size/speed combination that virtually no WRs in the NFL have. And yet you guys, like the idiots at Rotoworld, instinctively think he somehow "failed" in his first game starting in the league. Most WRs that big, and that fast, would be said to have "unlimited upside." They might even be labeled "athletic."

Durham has one thing he can't change- the wrong skin color. Any black WR that big, and that fast, and that productive in college is a sure fire, high first round draft pick. Instead, this guy couldn't get playing time at Seattle over their sterling group of receivers.

The double standard is obvious- note how the moronic Collinsworth blamed Durham exclusively for Stafford's interception. We really see announcers call out black WRs for running a wrong pattern and causing interceptions, don't we? I'm shocked that Durham got the start, but he did nothing to shame himself, and with that kind of size/speed combo, he should be looking at a bright future in the league.

The guy hadn't played all season, and had a productive night. He has a size/speed combination that virtually no WRs in the NFL have. And yet you guys, like the idiots at Rotoworld, instinctively think he somehow "failed" in his first game starting in the league. Most WRs that big, and that fast, would be said to have "unlimited upside." They might even be labeled "athletic." Durham has one thing he can't change- the wrong skin color. Any black WR that big, and that fast, and that productive in college is a sure fire, high first round draft pick. Instead, this guy couldn't get playing time at Seattle over their sterling group of receivers. The double standard is obvious- note how the moronic Collinsworth blamed Durham exclusively for Stafford's interception. We really see announcers call out black WRs for running a wrong pattern and causing interceptions, don't we? I'm shocked that Durham got the start, but he did nothing to shame himself, and with that kind of size/speed combo, he should be looking at a bright future in the league.
:lmao:

The guy hadn't played all season, and had a productive night. He has a size/speed combination that virtually no WRs in the NFL have. And yet you guys, like the idiots at Rotoworld, instinctively think he somehow "failed" in his first game starting in the league. Most WRs that big, and that fast, would be said to have "unlimited upside." They might even be labeled "athletic." Durham has one thing he can't change- the wrong skin color. Any black WR that big, and that fast, and that productive in college is a sure fire, high first round draft pick. Instead, this guy couldn't get playing time at Seattle over their sterling group of receivers. The double standard is obvious- note how the moronic Collinsworth blamed Durham exclusively for Stafford's interception. We really see announcers call out black WRs for running a wrong pattern and causing interceptions, don't we? I'm shocked that Durham got the start, but he did nothing to shame himself, and with that kind of size/speed combo, he should be looking at a bright future in the league.
Isnt there a Peyton Hillis thread you should be posting in?

:lmao:
He's a white Wes Welker.

I forgot to mention the incredible one-handed grab Durham made. Did you see that catch? How in the world could anyone refer to a physical freak like that "failing" in his first chance at starting in the NFL?

More like Matt Jones. That dude is an athlete, but his route running is horrendous. He might get some run with Det, just cause they want to see what they got. But he really needs some seasoning to become an NFL WR.

I'd by lying if I said you didn't have a point, but I think you're going about it the wrong way.He's got a HEIGHT/speed combination, but not size. The kid is a toothpick and doesn't have the girth to fight for the ball in traffic. Making matter worse, he's got suspect hands. Sure, he made one highlight play, but from play to play he's going to drop way too many. The ball that hit him in the hands on the right sideline (granted it was low) is a catch that you expect your starting WRs to make, and he's just going to make that play consistently.

While perhaps some of what you posted may have some small kernel of truth, I have heard Collinsworth call out black WRs for poor route running - notably Mario Manningham during last season's SuperBowl coverage (who ended up making Chris look a little silly at the end of the game).

I forgot to mention the incredible one-handed grab Durham made. Did you see that catch? How in the world could anyone refer to a physical freak like that "failing" in his first chance at starting in the NFL?
Ummm, because that was his only good play of the day? You do realize that the measure of ones game is based on more than one play, right? Nvm, idiot racists like you don't realize anything.

Reminds me of Brian Finneran, only more fragile if that's possible.
Because they are both Irish?Did make one hell of a grab yesterday..but then ran a wrong route that cost Stafford an INT. Tough to blame him on the route since he did not have much practice time.The good thing is that Stafford went right up to him and ripped him a new one..so Stafford has a comfort level with Durham.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminds me of Brian Finneran, only more fragile if that's possible.
Because they are both Irish?Did make one hell of a grab yesterday..but then ran a wrong route that cost Stafford an INT. Tough to blame him on the route since he did not have much practice time.The good thing is that Stafford went right up to him and ripped him a new one..so Stafford has a comfort level with Durham.
It does speak of a potential higher ceiling with more time in practice combined with the fact that Nate, Titus, & Broyles are all out for the year.

If he had run his route correctly he wouldn't have needed to make such an incredible catch.(I'm kidding. Mostly.)

I wasn't very impressed with Durham but Stafford threw to him a lot so maybe he could emerge as a WR4 the rest of the way due to the volume of passes he could receive.

Reminds me of a less athletic Limas Sweed....there is more to being a WR than height and speed.

White people have it so tough in America.

And what does NBC do after this white dude makes an incredible, diving, one-handed catch? They cut away to Calvin Johnson fist pumping. Disgraceful.

And what does NBC do after this white dude makes an incredible, diving, one-handed catch? They cut away to Calvin Johnson fist pumping. Disgraceful.
I can't believe they blamed it all on the white receiver (instead of on two white guys). I'm sure there was a black guy out there that really caused it. This guy just got kicked off if the funniest message board outside of Landover Baptists (except these guys don't seem to be joking). It's a bunch of white supremacists that believe every white guy in the league is better physically and mentally than all the black "affletes" and "quota backs" that for some reason the white owners would rather trot out there to the detriment of their team and ultimately their pocketbooks. They make jonmx's constant whining about how hard whitey has it today look like child's play. I go there during game day for a good laugh, though it often really makes sad and sick at the same time.

I can't believe they blamed it all on the white receiver (instead of on two white guys). I'm sure there was a black guy out there that really caused it. This guy just got kicked off if the funniest message board outside of Landover Baptists (except these guys don't seem to be joking). It's a bunch of white supremacists that believe every white guy in the league is better physically and mentally than all the black "affletes" and "quota backs" that for some reason the white owners would rather trot out there to the detriment of their team and ultimately their pocketbooks. They make jonmx's constant whining about how hard whitey has it today look like child's play. I go there during game day for a good laugh, though it often really makes sad and sick at the same time.
I know a guy who is always complaining how many hispanics are in baseball and how many "euros" are in hockey. I always ask him why all those GMs would keep passing over all those talented white guys that should be taking their place.

Users who are viewing this thread