#1 Bigboy10182000

Bigboy10182000

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,746 posts
  • Joined 10-September 09

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Anyone see this? I wasn't sure of this was posted anywhere but I haven't looked really hard. Heavily armed officers near the suspect’s home at the scene of a Dale County hostage crisis in Midland City, Ala., on Jan. 30. By Caitlin Dewey, Published: THURSDAY, JANUARY 31, 1:15 PM ET Aa The hostage situation in Midland City, Ala., is approaching its third day with no new developments. “We really don’t have a whole lot to add. I hate to tell you that, but that’s the way it is,” said Dale County Sheriff Wally Olson at a morning news conference in which he refused to answer questions about the 5-year-old kidnapped from a school bus Tuesday afternoon or the 65-year-old man holding him. That man, Jimmy Lee Dykes, reportedly stopped a school bus on a dirt road about 3:35 p.m., shooting the driver four times with a pistol before seizing a random kindergartner and returning to an underground bunker on his property. Since then, a team of local, state and federal officers, led by the FBI, have been desperately trying to talk Dykes out of the standoff. According to local news reports, police assault teams have staked out the perimeter of Dykes’s property and evacuated neighbors, while more than 50 police vehicles and several mobile command centers sit in a nearby church parking lot. Police have made contact with Dykes through a PVC pipe that extends into the bunker. At one point, he allowed officers to pass down coloring books and medicine for the boy, identified only as Ethan, who reportedly suffers from Asperger’s syndrome and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. According to the Montgomery Advertiser, his sixth birthday is next week. A negotiator can be heard yelling at Dykes in a recording posted by Montgomery’s WSFA-TV. “This isn’t going to end itself,” he says. “You need to come out and talk to us.” Despite those orders, the scene on Private Road 1539 remains tense — and unchanging. Local TV reporters near the bunker this morning tweeted that a helicopter circled the area and touched down nearby. Later, a Dale County Sheriff’s Office bus pulled up, and “a lot more movement” broke out on the scene, according to one reporter. But after that, nothing. There are few other details about the situation and lots of questions. While police know the bunker has electricity, they don’t know how deep it is, what else is in it, or how Dykes and the boy are keeping warm in Alabama’s 30-degree nighttime temperatures. Perhaps most disconcertingly, Dykes’s motive for the kidnapping is still unclear. Neighbors have painted Dykes as a paranoid loner who stalked his property at night, flashlight and shotgun in hand. He was arrested Dec. 22 and was due in court yesterday on charges that he yelled and fired shots at his neighbor over damage her pickup truck did to a speed bump in the dirt road, according to the Montgomery Advertiser. In 2000, Dykes was arrested in Florida for marijuana possession, reports the Dothan Eagle. Five years earlier, he was charged for “improper exhibition of dangerous weapons or firearms,” which means he pulled a weapon in a “rude, careless, angry or threatening manner.” Neighbors have also accused Dykes of threatening to shoot their children and pets. One said he beat her 120-pound dog to death with a lead pipe and bragged about it afterward. According to some reports, he was a retired trucker or surveyor, a survivalist who didn’t trust the government and a Vietnam veteran who may suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder. Until more is known, residents of this tiny Bible Belt town are coping with prayer. On Wednesday, community members gathered in the town square for a candlelight vigil, where they sang “Amazing Grace.” On Twitter, locals have flooded #RescueEthan with prayers for the kidnapped boy, his family and his kidnapper. “We don’t need gun control, we need Jesus,” wrote one woman. “God please touch the heart of that man and allow him to feel your unconditional love and let him see that baby needs his mommy,” wrote another. At Destiny Church, where police have parked their cars and organized rescue operations since Tuesday, services and activities have been canceled. But as yet more hours tick by without Ethan’s release, the church has repeated one tweet over and over. #KEEPCALMANDWORSHIP, it says

#2 Quint

Quint

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

if that guy had beaten my dog to death, he wouldn't have been around to kidnap anyone.
Whale, Oil, Beef, Hooked

#3 Ketamine Dreams

Ketamine Dreams

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,189 posts
  • Joined 22-March 07

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Ugh... What a nightmare. Sure hope the kid gets out of this alive, and doesn't have PTSD for the rest of his life.

#4 Quint

Quint

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Ugh... What a nightmare. Sure hope the kid gets out of this alive, and doesn't have PTSD for the rest of his life.

yes. and likely his parents too.
Whale, Oil, Beef, Hooked

#5 Jewell

Jewell

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,938 posts
  • Joined 14-August 09
  • Interests:Life, Liberty, The Pursuit of Happiness

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Neighbors have also accused Dykes of threatening to shoot their children and pets

It's best to avoid angry Dykes.Hopefully, a sniper puts an end to this menace.

#6 Dr. Awesome

Dr. Awesome

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,865 posts
  • Joined 18-March 10

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

if that guy had beaten my dog to death, he wouldn't have been around to kidnap anyone.

:rolleyes:What a nightmare scenario for negotiators. :sadbanana:

If you're ever in the mood to watch a scummy Chef Boyardee nail a woman while she tries to hold back vomiting, Bing's got you covered.

#7 iamsmilin

iamsmilin

I want one, but I'm not creative

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,438 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

I was suprised I didn't see a thread on this yet. I feel so bag for the family going through this and the family of the bus driver who was shot. I am...happy seems like the wrong word...glad that he tried to stop the man from taking any kids. I just wish he didn't have to pay with his life.
Milk-a-what???

#8 timschochet

timschochet

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79,359 posts
  • Joined 17-September 07

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

"We don't need gun control, we need Jesus," wrote one woman.

Why would someone feel the need to write this?
Unless otherwise stated, any comment or statement I make is strictly MY OPINION, and should not be taken as an implication of fact, no matter how definitive it sounds. I speak for no one but myself.

#9 Dr. Awesome

Dr. Awesome

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,865 posts
  • Joined 18-March 10

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Stupid people write stupid stuff all the time. Example.

If you're ever in the mood to watch a scummy Chef Boyardee nail a woman while she tries to hold back vomiting, Bing's got you covered.

#10 Guster

Guster

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,952 posts
  • Joined 04-November 04

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Neighbors have also accused Dykes of threatening to shoot their children and pets

He's in an underground bunker

Abe naming a child Cash is like me naming a child Pigment.

I would happily eat her afterbirth.

I never knew the kids live with mom n dad basically their whole life.

#11 Jewell

Jewell

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,938 posts
  • Joined 14-August 09

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

He's in an underground bunker

Trick shot down the PVC pipe.Or when he surfaces. Even if he comes out with his hands up.

#12 scottybo

scottybo

code

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,482 posts
  • Joined 29-July 03

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Bible Belt. It's expected.
[center]Killing the Spies on FootballGuys.com since June, 2004. Spyware - 0 / Me - 300

#13 Joe Summer

Joe Summer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,766 posts
  • Joined 10-March 09

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Can't they pump carbon dioxide (or something) into the ventilation shaft to make him pass out??

#14 scottybo

scottybo

code

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,482 posts
  • Joined 29-July 03

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Can't they pump carbon dioxide (or something) into the ventilation shaft to make him pass out??

That's actually not a horribly bad idea. Seriously.Although they would have to be precise on when to enter and when not to enter. Not knowing when it would take effect so they could save the boy first.

Edited by scottybo, 31 January 2013 - 07:40 PM.

[center]Killing the Spies on FootballGuys.com since June, 2004. Spyware - 0 / Me - 300

#15 Dr. Awesome

Dr. Awesome

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,865 posts
  • Joined 18-March 10

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Problem being they don't know how big the entire bunker is or what kind of setup he has inside. Makes it awfully hard to make any move as long as there's a glimmer of hope things could end peacefully.

#16 ffldrew

ffldrew

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,551 posts
  • Joined 07-November 03

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Love how the nuts are claiming that Dykes and the kid are fakes so they can come and take your guns

#17 Bigboy10182000

Bigboy10182000

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,746 posts
  • Joined 10-September 09

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

I just can't imagine being the parent of the child in this situation. It makes me sick just thinking of how they must feel!

#18 johnnycakes

johnnycakes

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11,965 posts
  • Joined 22-May 06
  • Interests:Chinese women

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

I haven't read much about this story - only what I saw in the OP's article above - and I have heard very little on the radio, which is constantly tuned to news channels in my office. But what kind of end game is this guy looking for? What's he holding out for? Does he think they're going to give him a G4 to go to Cuba or something?

Don't take this the wrong way, but your life is a trainwreck of epic proportions.

He still holds the :tfp: title but I may be in the top 5.

#19 Rayderr

Rayderr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36,187 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

Love how the nuts are claiming that Dykes and the kid are fakes so they can come and take your guns

During the Bush years, the conspiracy was that Bush masterminded 9/11 so he could go to war and get some oil.During the Obama years, the conspiracy is that Obama is sending out manchurian candidates to shoot people so he can take away our guns.Always going to be nuts that believe in stupid conspiracy theories.

Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? Uh... okay, well, the button on the side, is it glowing? Yeah, you need to turn it on... uh, the button turns it on... yeah, you do know how a button works don't you?  No, not on clothes.  No, no, there you go, no, there you go. I just heard it come on... no, no, that's the music you heard when it comes on... no, that's the music you hear when... I'm sorry, are you from the past?

#20 glumpy

glumpy

breeze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,494 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

This morning's update. Still makes no sense but looks like he targeted the bus driver

The two men had an encounter the day before the siege, a neighbor said. Kelly Miller, who lives next door to Dykes, told NBC station WSFA that Dykes boarded Poland’s bus Monday and spoke with him. She did not know what was said. On Tuesday morning, Miller said, the driver gave Dykes a gift of eggs and marmalade to thank him for clearing off the driveway where the bus had to turn around. Miller, whose sons Jessie and Jackson were allowed to leave the bus before the shooting, told the station that Dykes called her father to the property fence shortly afterward and gave him Poland’s gifts, saying: "Here. I don't want this." Hours later, Miller heard shots and screams.

-~- S -~- L -~- O -~- W -~-

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

"If you don't like the way I'm living--you just leave this long-haired country boy alone."

#21 Rayderr

Rayderr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36,187 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

This morning's update. Still makes no sense but looks like he targeted the bus driver

The two men had an encounter the day before the siege, a neighbor said. Kelly Miller, who lives next door to Dykes, told NBC station WSFA that Dykes boarded Poland’s bus Monday and spoke with him. She did not know what was said. On Tuesday morning, Miller said, the driver gave Dykes a gift of eggs and marmalade to thank him for clearing off the driveway where the bus had to turn around. Miller, whose sons Jessie and Jackson were allowed to leave the bus before the shooting, told the station that Dykes called her father to the property fence shortly afterward and gave him Poland’s gifts, saying: "Here. I don't want this." Hours later, Miller heard shots and screams.

Maybe in some cultures eggs and marmalade are the equivalent to putting a horses head in a person's bed? Or maybe this guy is just plain nuts.

Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? Uh... okay, well, the button on the side, is it glowing? Yeah, you need to turn it on... uh, the button turns it on... yeah, you do know how a button works don't you?  No, not on clothes.  No, no, there you go, no, there you go. I just heard it come on... no, no, that's the music you heard when it comes on... no, that's the music you hear when... I'm sorry, are you from the past?

#22 Keerock

Keerock

Caveman

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 23,872 posts
  • Joined 29-August 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

Maybe in some cultures eggs and marmalade are the equivalent to putting a horses head in a person's bed? Or maybe this guy is just plain nuts.

You do know the difference between Jam and Marmalade, right?

I mean, at the end of the day if we all had our eyes tightly shut I doubt we'd notice the difference between a blowj from a dude or a chick...  result will be the same, no?

WetDream is a valued member of the FFA community, and I hope to be fortunate enough to cornhole him some day.

#23 Henry Ford

Henry Ford

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12,784 posts
  • Joined 31-October 11

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

Perhaps most disconcertingly, Dykes’s motive for the kidnapping is still unclear.

Can we just assume it's so law enforcement doesn't shut down ventilation in his bunker and kill him? Or do the CO2 trick listed earlier?

At one point, he allowed officers to pass down coloring books and medicine for the boy, identified only as Ethan, who reportedly suffers from Asperger’s syndrome and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. According to the Montgomery Advertiser, his sixth birthday is next week.

I cannot imagine what's going to happen to a kid with Asperger's syndrome even when/if he survives all of this. Kid's parents must be losing their minds.

In this specific case I agree with Hitler.

#24 Rayderr

Rayderr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36,187 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

Marmalade has pieces of fruit in it?

#25 Keerock

Keerock

Caveman

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 23,872 posts
  • Joined 29-August 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

No...

I mean, at the end of the day if we all had our eyes tightly shut I doubt we'd notice the difference between a blowj from a dude or a chick...  result will be the same, no?

WetDream is a valued member of the FFA community, and I hope to be fortunate enough to cornhole him some day.

#26 gruecd

gruecd

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,922 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

No...

You can't marmalade your #### down....
PRs: 5K: 18:36 10K: 39:44 Half: 1:27:01 Full: 2:59:48 50K: 4:54:36 50M 9:59:18

Upcoming race schedule:

09/14 - Erie Marathon, Erie, PA (3:03:49, #47/956 overall, #8/76 M35-39)
09/21 - Community First Fox Cities Marathon, Appleton, WI (3:35 co-pacer)
10/12 - Glacial Trail 50K, Greenbush, WI

FBG Race Calendar

"Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own; sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction." - William James

#27 Keerock

Keerock

Caveman

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 23,872 posts
  • Joined 29-August 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

No...

You can't marmalade your #### down....

This is the correct answer...

#28 Jewell

Jewell

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,938 posts
  • Joined 14-August 09

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

Miller, whose sons Jessie and Jackson were allowed to leave the bus before the shooting, told the station that Dykes called her father to the property fence shortly afterward and gave him Poland’s gifts, saying: "Here. I don't want this."

Jessie, Jackson now part of the story.And why are violent people always attacking Poland?

#29 Spanky267

Spanky267

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,389 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

Perhaps most disconcertingly, Dykes’s motive for the kidnapping is still unclear.

Can we just assume it's so law enforcement doesn't shut down ventilation in his bunker and kill him? Or do the CO2 trick listed earlier?

At one point, he allowed officers to pass down coloring books and medicine for the boy, identified only as Ethan, who reportedly suffers from Asperger’s syndrome and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. According to the Montgomery Advertiser, his sixth birthday is next week.

I cannot imagine what's going to happen to a kid with Asperger's syndrome even when/if he survives all of this. Kid's parents must be losing their minds.

As a parent of a child with Asperger's, I cant imagine what these parents are going through. But I know with my son he has a tendency to gravitate toward certain things. Earlier reports indicated that the child was watching television. If that is the case, he may be watching TV and be largely unaware that he is in a dangerous situation. My son locks on to things and can often be oblivious to all that is going on around him. Still a traumatizing situation but perhaps somewhat shielded. I hope they rescue him soon.
XBL: Spanky267
PSN: Spanky267

Valrico Rams Youth Football and Cheerleading

#30 Hastur

Hastur

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,251 posts
  • Joined 12-April 09

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

Unbelievable that this is still going on. It's been a couple of days now. Some negotiator/psychologist must be able to talk this guy down from whatever crazy cloud he's on, no?
You already live in a socialist country but it is also still capitalist and both parties are complicit. Most of this political game is smoke and mirrors and our reactions to the horse race of presidential candidates plays right into the decline of the republic. In all cases from the history of the world, the rapid growth of the republic and the creation of a vast inequalities in wealth were key factors that undermined the republic and allowed the rule of the tyrant. Rome was undone by its aristocrats, their estates a siphon on the commonweal, not a sustainer, and as the responsibilities of the republic grew the resources of the republic quietly slipped under aristocratic not public control. Res publica -- the very word is a Roman invention -- the "public wealth" or the "common wealth". America is not a bunch of a stitched together private property that somehow functions as a concerted nation-state. It is a common-wealth based on wealth derived from a symbiosis of public and private wealth. Neglect this balance and you weaken the republic -- get over your candidate and get focused on the real issues that confront your nation. No subsidy whether for rich or poor is a good or bad policy in itself but only can be judged according to maintain the public-private balance which is what makes our nation strong. The politics of self-interest that you read here must be balanced by the politics of self-sacrifice. - Luke Kornbluh

A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves - Bertrand de Jouvenel

#31 Toad_1234

Toad_1234

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 422 posts
  • Joined 01-September 12

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

How is he still awake?

#32 Doug B

Doug B

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27,308 posts
  • Joined 16-April 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Surprised this isn't a 20+ page thread. I guess there's a lack of new news, though :(

#33 Doug B

Doug B

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27,308 posts
  • Joined 16-April 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

How is he still awake?

Hmmm ... come to think of it ... Dykes DOES have to eventually sleep, right?

#34 Jaysus

Jaysus

Good times!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17,292 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03
  • Interests:pizza

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

I keep clicking this thread hoping to see an update along the lines of "The boy has been rescued, and returned to his family"

#35 Kal El

Kal El

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,715 posts
  • Joined 03-November 06

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

How is he still awake?

Hmmm ... come to think of it ... Dykes DOES have to eventually sleep, right?

He's armed, he's already murdered a bus driver, and there's pretty much nothing stopping him from offing the kid if he feels things have gone south. Is it possible to do? Yes, but it's inadvisable, because nobody knows how or where the guy sleeps down there, or even a layout of the place.

Detroit Tigers- 3-time defending AL Central Champs

It's a great day for Tigers baseball/ Lions football/ Michigan football

#36 Doug B

Doug B

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27,308 posts
  • Joined 16-April 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

He's armed, he's already murdered a bus driver, and there's pretty much nothing stopping him from offing the kid if he feels things have gone south. Is it possible to do? Yes, but it's inadvisable, because nobody knows how or where the guy sleeps down there, or even a layout of the place.

I'm not thinking they bring out the excavators and attempt to storm the place while Dykes sleeps. I'm thinking that as soon as he falls into deep sleep, start quietly pumping in ... something ... that would render Dykes (and the boy :( ) unconscious.Dunno ... just have no faith that Dykes is going to turn himself in peacefully.

#37 Toad_1234

Toad_1234

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 422 posts
  • Joined 01-September 12

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Me either. Just hoping there's a way for them to save the boy. 4 days!

#38 Bigboy10182000

Bigboy10182000

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,746 posts
  • Joined 10-September 09

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Just hope this guy will do the right thing and let the kid go then kill himself.

#39 eoMMan

eoMMan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23,536 posts
  • Joined 17-November 03

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Drop poisoned whiskey down the pipe.Or rattlesnakes.

#40 Kal El

Kal El

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,715 posts
  • Joined 03-November 06

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

I'm not thinking they bring out the excavators and attempt to storm the place while Dykes sleeps. I'm thinking that as soon as he falls into deep sleep, start quietly pumping in ... something ... that would render Dykes (and the boy :( ) unconscious.Dunno ... just have no faith that Dykes is going to turn himself in peacefully.

I have my doubts that he will as well, but there is also the problem of overdosing and killing the boy. Also, if the substance they use has an odor, that may set the guy off and he could react violently to that as well. In any case, I'm sure they're exploring options to get the boy out as unhurt as possible.

Detroit Tigers- 3-time defending AL Central Champs

It's a great day for Tigers baseball/ Lions football/ Michigan football

#41 Bigboy10182000

Bigboy10182000

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,746 posts
  • Joined 10-September 09

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Enters the 6th day:http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=18390812

#42 iamsmilin

iamsmilin

I want one, but I'm not creative

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,438 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

Jesus. This has got to be a living nightmare for the parents.
Milk-a-what???

#43 scottybo

scottybo

code

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,482 posts
  • Joined 29-July 03

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Jesus. This has got to be a living nightmare for the parents.

If I could ever think of a reason to go 150 hours without any sleep...this would probably top the list.

#44 Mr. Nasty

Mr. Nasty

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

I'm not an overly emotional guy, but as a father of a 5 year old and a 2 year old, following this story has brought me to tears more than once. As others have stated, I can't even begin to imagine what the parents are going through and thinking about how frightened the little boy is is killing me.

#45 Rick James

Rick James

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,286 posts
  • Joined 22-June 04

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

Jewell, it's ok... You can stop posting idiotic jokes now.

#46 FlapJacks

FlapJacks

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,137 posts
  • Joined 01-November 06

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:28 AM

In 2000, Dykes was arrested in Florida for marijuana possession

seems to be a common theme in a lot of these...

I don't care much for the Nation of Islam (understatement.)

#47 Keerock

Keerock

Caveman

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 23,872 posts
  • Joined 29-August 03

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

What's your point? People who are careless/dumb enough to be convicted of MJ possession tend to be deranged, or people who use MJ do?

#48 dozer

dozer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,130 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

People are always smoking weed and shooting bus drivers and kidnapping kids and hiding in bunkers?huh?

I'm your huckleberry.

#49 Ministry of Pain

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46,901 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

I thought about this for a bit and if it were my child I honestly would scream at the cops to rush in. Here is why...you have a lunatic who has already killed. Yes he has the child and that likely is his only survival possession at the moment knowing if he were alone the cops would just march in at some point. I do not think this will end well. If my son or daughter is going to have their life taken then I want it on my terms not this jackass. I wouldn't want my son to suffer days on days of agony only to be killed anyways at the end. You might surprise the murderer and that is all you need to end the situation. All that tough talk aside, the folks handling the situation seem to be doing amazing work. They have communication with the murderer, they have been able to know that the child is alive, they have sent in blankets and toys for the child, I want to believe they can end this thing peacefully but this seems to be a nut job who has lost it and gone off the deep end. Might be a point of no return. T&P to the parents here, just brutal.

Edited by Ministry of Pain, 04 February 2013 - 05:46 AM.

"If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like this do not belong on the resume of a supreme being. This is the kind of sh-t you expect from an office temp with a bad attitude." -George Carlin R.I.P.

C=πd

A=πr(squared)

Cherry Pie Delicious, Apple Pies r 2 

#50 Ignoramus

Ignoramus

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,739 posts
  • Joined 07-July 04

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

I thought about this for a bit and if it were my child I honestly would scream at the cops to rush in. Here is why...you have a lunatic who has already killed. Yes he has the child and that likely is his only survival possession at the moment knowing if he were alone the cops would just march in at some point. I do not think this will end well. If my son or daughter is going to have their life taken then I want it on my terms not this jackass. I wouldn't want my son to suffer days on days of agony only to be killed anyways at the end. You might surprise the murderer and that is all you need to end the situation.

If this truck driver thing doesn't work out, you could always become a hostage negotiator. You clearly have the level-headed, logical demeanor necessary when dealing with ultra-tense situations.
<---THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK--->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users