#1 Otis

Otis

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 50,610 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Not the website but the HQ campus. Walked right past Mark Zuckerberg, who was walking out on the main street quad from one meeting to the next. He gave me a look like "who's the suit?" Place was so cool. Sprawling. Like a giant epcot center for internet startup dudes. Zuckerberg had his two favorite restaurants in the world build new locations inside the "main street" of the campus, so he can walk across the street whenever he wants and eat there."Man, I like this food. I'm gonna have them build another restaurant for me 100 feet from my office." Must be nice.I visited Google's NYC HQ a few weeks ago, and all I can say is these are some pretty freaking cool places. Sort of makes you wish you were a super smart computer guy and had been there at the beginning of FB, or Google, or starting up Apple with Jobs et al. Or at least makes you want to quit your current mundane, average joe slacks guy job and go work there. Back to my stupid office and suit. :bowtie:

shuke loves werewolf but hates irony

BOOM

I AM the Internet

#2 Leeroy Jenkins

Leeroy Jenkins

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,912 posts
  • Joined 04-April 06

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Google offices in Pittsburgh are even awesome. It's a repurposed nabisco plant.

OK - then YOU are the ########.

#3 Abraham

Abraham

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28,191 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

You couldn't get hired there. Neither could I.

There's a science to walking through windows.

#4 17seconds

17seconds

root of all aliai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23,870 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Googleplex is cool. Our company had an office in there for a while but Google assimilated our building.Microsoft in Redmond is like its own city.Qualcomm is doing it wrong. They are spread out over an area of San Diego but it doesn't have a proper campus. They just own most of the buildings.

#5 belljr

belljr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28,696 posts
  • Joined 15-June 05

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

my old company main complex was pretty sweet.We were a satellite office and it was a basic crap office.
I bow to the awesomeness of :homer:  

#6 Guster

Guster

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,687 posts
  • Joined 04-November 04

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Googleplex is cool. Our company had an office in there for a while but Google assimilated our building.

Microsoft in Redmond is like its own city.

Qualcomm is doing it wrong. They are spread out over an area of San Diego but it doesn't have a proper campus. They just own most of the buildings.

We already established earlier in the day that SD isn't living up to its potential. This further proves that

Abe naming a child Cash is like me naming a child Pigment.

I would happily eat her afterbirth.

I never knew the kids live with mom n dad basically their whole life.

#7 Shrugs

Shrugs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Joined 08-June 11

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Sort of makes you wish you were a super smart computer guy and had been there at the beginning of FB, or Google, or starting up Apple with Jobs et al.

I have often wished that, though for reasons different than the quality of their facilities.

#8 Jewell

Jewell

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,938 posts
  • Joined 14-August 09
  • Interests:Life, Liberty, The Pursuit of Happiness

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Google offices in Pittsburgh are even awesome. It's a repurposed nabisco plant.

Aside from the awesome atmosphere and ridiculous amenities, Google also brings in awesome speakers to their offices. They have a YouTube page with video of all the speakers they bring in. It's like Ted Talks.

#9 Christo

Christo

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52,405 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Awwwwwwww, poor Otis and his "mundane, average joe slacks guy job."
Thanks,

Christo

#10 FUBAR

FUBAR

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22,477 posts
  • Joined 15-October 05

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

:confused: your company doesn't run its own city?

2014 Race Schedule:

March 15: Instant Classic Marathon (Trail) http://www.instantcl...ctrailrace.com/  3:54  11 / 94

May 4: All American Marathon: http://www.fortbragg...ericanmarathon/ 3:28  45 / 768

June 1: Raleigh 70.3 (Triathlon) http://ironmanraleigh.com/ 5:21  347 / 2069

June 21: Survival Sprint (Mud / Adventure Run) https://www.survivalsprint.com/

July 27: The Big Deuce (2 Mile open water swim)  http://www.triangleo.../littleuno.html 

September 6: White Lakes International (Triathlon) https://www.facebook...84709708/?ref=5 

September 20: Maryland Ironman / 140.6 (Triathlon) http://www.ironman.c...x#axzz32wdiXe52

October 25: Beach2Battleship / 112 (Bike leg of Relay) http://beach2battleship.com/ 

#11 -jb-

-jb-

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,562 posts
  • Joined 03-May 04

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

You can thank Sun Microsystems for the campus, and Mark for like icon out front.

#12 Fennis

Fennis

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,173 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

:blackdot: anyone hiring?

#13 Mister CIA

Mister CIA

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,852 posts
  • Joined 26-June 05

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Applebee's has an opening.

#14 eoMMan

eoMMan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22,902 posts
  • Joined 17-November 03

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

He'll always be a dork

#15 Fennis

Fennis

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,173 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Applebee's has an opening.

sweet. hope the tips are good.

#16 bigbottom

bigbottom

I put on my robe and wizard hat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33,778 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Not the website but the HQ campus. Walked right past Mark Zuckerberg, who was walking out on the main street quad from one meeting to the next. He gave me a look like "who's the suit?" Place was so cool. Sprawling. Like a giant epcot center for internet startup dudes. Zuckerberg had his two favorite restaurants in the world build new locations inside the "main street" of the campus, so he can walk across the street whenever he wants and eat there."Man, I like this food. I'm gonna have them build another restaurant for me 100 feet from my office." Must be nice.I visited Google's NYC HQ a few weeks ago, and all I can say is these are some pretty freaking cool places. Sort of makes you wish you were a super smart computer guy and had been there at the beginning of FB, or Google, or starting up Apple with Jobs et al. Or at least makes you want to quit your current mundane, average joe slacks guy job and go work there. Back to my stupid office and suit. :bowtie:

Buddy of mine from law school was in house at Google NYC for years. It is indeed an awesome place to work. Why not apply?
Link to all bigbottom, BF83 and Popagandist mp3s and videos.

#17 McGarnicle

McGarnicle

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,073 posts
  • Joined 15-September 06

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Every morning I walk 18 feet from my bed to my computer. I have a conference call at 8:30, then I have coffee and a bagel. I let the puppy outside so she can take a ####. In the summer, I'll usually jump in the pool at least once before noon, then a few more times in the afternoon depending on my schedule.

When you job is to ride you bike, maybe sometime you don't know when to stop peddlin.

#18 Otis

Otis

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 50,610 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Buddy of mine from law school was in house at Google NYC for years. It is indeed an awesome place to work. Why not apply?

You know damn well why.

BOOM

I AM the Internet

#19 Otis

Otis

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 50,610 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Every morning I walk 18 feet from my bed to my computer. I have a conference call at 8:30, then I have coffee and a bagel. I let the puppy outside so she can take a ####. In the summer, I'll usually jump in the pool at least once before noon, then a few more times in the afternoon depending on my schedule.

:rant:

BOOM

I AM the Internet

#20 Mister CIA

Mister CIA

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,852 posts
  • Joined 26-June 05

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

You know, if you lived in San Diego this would be your life 365 days a year.

#21 Jewell

Jewell

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,938 posts
  • Joined 14-August 09
  • Interests:Life, Liberty, The Pursuit of Happiness

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

You know damn well why.

####ty law school?

#22 Sebowski

Sebowski

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,900 posts
  • Joined 14-November 04

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

What restaurants?
That's like, just your opinion, man

#23 Joe Summer

Joe Summer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,567 posts
  • Joined 10-March 09

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Walked right past Mark Zuckerberg

Of course you did.

#24 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30,932 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

You know, if you lived in San Diego this would be your life 365 days a year.

Yes, but it would suck.

#25 Ned

Ned

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11,701 posts
  • Joined 20-March 06
  • Interests:fantasy football dominatrix

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

Awwwwwwww, poor Otis and his "mundane, average joe slacks guy job."

:lmao:

#26 Otis

Otis

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 50,610 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

Of course you did.

:shrug:

BOOM

I AM the Internet

#27 Otis

Otis

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 50,610 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

What restaurants?

I forget the names. A sushi joint and his favorite mexican place.

BOOM

I AM the Internet

#28 Dentist

Dentist

***Official FBG Dentist***

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18,717 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:stox, teeth, money, tennis

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

i bet that would be a pretty cool atmosphere.or at least better than staring at teeth all day.Then again i bet there is a lot of ebb and flow in that business.... FB contracts, you get fired, another startup happens, you get fired, etc... But it seems like it would be cool to work in a "college" type atmosphere all the time... make some good friends and stuff.Have some cool work after parties.... all of which sounds better than working with a bunch of women in a dental office.

Wait, you're genuninely a dentist?

#29 Da Guru

Da Guru

Fair & Balanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29,115 posts
  • Joined 28-June 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

What restaurants?

Olive Garden and Papa Johns.

#30 Brony

Brony

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,672 posts
  • Joined 24-July 12

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

What restaurants?

I forget the names. A sushi joint and his favorite mexican place.

La Casa de Libro y Cara?

#31 Brony

Brony

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,672 posts
  • Joined 24-July 12

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

Odio a mi viaje?

#32 Parmcat

Parmcat

Canada: Beer, Bacon and Beavers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:Beer, Bacon and Beaver

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

i bet that would be a pretty cool atmosphere.or at least better than staring at teeth all day.Then again i bet there is a lot of ebb and flow in that business.... FB contracts, you get fired, another startup happens, you get fired, etc... But it seems like it would be cool to work in a "college" type atmosphere all the time... make some good friends and stuff.Have some cool work after parties.... all of which sounds better than working with a bunch of women in a dental office.

yeah, but the all you can eat Nitric oxide would be sweet also!

#33 Joe T

Joe T

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17,953 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Of course you did.

:prettygoodposting:

It is always about the money.

#34 Rohn Jambo

Rohn Jambo

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,752 posts
  • Joined 24-July 08

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

I can do this whenever I want or work at a number of offices in several cities or countries.
Live for nothing, or die for something

#35 Leeroy Jenkins

Leeroy Jenkins

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,912 posts
  • Joined 04-April 06

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Is there a legit class action about promoted posts? I got a weird email.

OK - then YOU are the ########.

#36 eoMMan

eoMMan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22,902 posts
  • Joined 17-November 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

That sucks that you have to be out of bed by 8:30. Horrible.

#37 joffer

joffer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24,449 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:i collect spores, molds, and fungus

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Is this where I mention that I get paid $200K to scratch my balls 3 times a day?

#38 Stinger Ray

Stinger Ray

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Joined 09-March 05

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Are you sure that look wasn't ......."who's the fat guy?"

#39 Otis

Otis

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 50,610 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Are you sure that look wasn't ......."who's the fat guy?"

Totally possible.

BOOM

I AM the Internet

#40 Rohn Jambo

Rohn Jambo

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,752 posts
  • Joined 24-July 08

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Place was so cool. Sprawling. Like a giant epcot center for internet startup dudes. Zuckerberg had his two favorite restaurants in the world build new locations inside the "main street" of the campus, so he can walk across the street whenever he wants and eat there."Man, I like this food. I'm gonna have them build another restaurant for me 100 feet from my office." Must be nice.

I can see how weight loss will be a big challenge, for Zuckerberg..

Edited by Rohn Jambo, 01 February 2013 - 08:56 PM.

Live for nothing, or die for something

#41 datonn

datonn

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,398 posts
  • Joined 24-June 04
  • Interests:Disc Golf

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

That sucks that you have to be out of bed by 8:30. Horrible.

Yep...it's rare that I'm up much before 10am most days...before I have to walk down the hall to turn on the computer and start my day...usually in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, or sweatshirts and sweats in the Winter (jeans, if I feel like dressing up). I don't have a pool though...I'm not "Otis." :P But I do take a lot of afternoons off to go play disc golf, or take my girls swimming or to the park. All stuff I could EASILY do in San Diego, I suppose.

#42 Otis

Otis

Footballguy

• Members.
  • Pip
  • 50,610 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

Wish I had datonn loot.

BOOM

I AM the Internet

#43 [icon]

[icon]

Insoxicated

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67,848 posts
  • Joined 30-June 03
  • Interests:X|O|O
    --------
    O|X|X
    --------
    X|O|O

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

Wish I had datonn loot.

Dont we all. Sigh

2012 - OFFICIAL FBG FFA Member of the Year Nominee

Timschochet: I'm getting an awful lot of "likes" for my posts,

The Commish: You have two "liked" posts in this thread  :oldunsure:

The Commish: In his defense, I can see how he'd think that's a lot of likes for his posts

#44 Alex P Keaton

Alex P Keaton

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Joined 28-July 08

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

Uh, why not? :rolleyes:One of my good friends from consulting days works in a senior role there. Your statement is odd to me. Would you say the same about Google?

Edited by Alex P Keaton, 02 February 2013 - 08:48 AM.

#45 Alex P Keaton

Alex P Keaton

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Joined 28-July 08

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

You know damn well why.

Care to share with others in the thread?

#46 Abraham

Abraham

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28,191 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

Uh, why not? :rolleyes:One of my good friends from consulting days works in a senior role there. Your statement is odd to me. Would you say the same about Google?

Actually, I misspoke. I know that getting sales roles at google is very hard and was generalizing about other roles and organizations. Sorry.

There's a science to walking through windows.

#47 mon

mon

(T)ool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,303 posts
  • Joined 14-July 03

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

You can thank Sun Microsystems for the campus, and Mark for like icon out front.

Really? I took a class on that campus back in the '90s. Also toured Intel while I was in the area, which was pretty cool.
Peace to you, my FFA brotha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users