#251 sporthenry

sporthenry

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,246 posts
  • Joined 14-September 12

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

So hockey players didn't "roll" the whiskey barrels. Will/Should they be penalized?

:bs:

Not that it would have mattered but they should have been assessed a penalty.  They didn't roll the barrels and as we've seen, you have to follow the rules as they are stated. 

Glad that the youtube people are gone.  Bates/Anthony have to be the prohibitive favorite but they might be susceptible to an intelligence challenge but none of the teams seem extremely cerebral. 

#252 Kal El

Kal El

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,116 posts
  • Joined 03-November 06

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

So hockey players didn't "roll" the whiskey barrels. Will/Should they be penalized?

Not that it would have mattered but they should have been assessed a penalty.  They didn't roll the barrels and as we've seen, you have to follow the rules as they are stated. 

Glad that the youtube people are gone.  Bates/Anthony have to be the prohibitive favorite but they might be susceptible to an intelligence challenge but none of the teams seem extremely cerebral. 

I wondered about them carrying the barrels as well, but I'm glad that the youtube team is gone as well. I didn't mind the girl, but I wanted to throw things at the guy.

Detroit Tigers- 3-time defending AL Central Champs

It's a great day for Tigers baseball/ Lions football/ Michigan football

#253 stbugs

stbugs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,025 posts
  • Joined 08-December 04

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

:goodposting:

I never liked that the hick couple got that penalty for not 100% utilizing the sleds because it wasn't the "proper" method. It wouldn't have mattered, but how does carrying barrels in a task called rolling not the same thing?

#254 BroncoFreak_2K3

BroncoFreak_2K3

sucker for Orange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,172 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

I never liked that the hick couple got that penalty for not 100% utilizing the sleds because it wasn't the "proper" method. It wouldn't have mattered, but how does carrying barrels in a task called rolling not the same thing?

absolutely agree.  If they dont assess a penalty to the hockey players (incidently my favorites) in this instance in relation to how team Alabama got their penalty, this show has lost all credibility.

Edited by BroncoFreak_2K3, 28 April 2013 - 06:55 PM.

QUOTE (timschochet @ Feb 23, 2012, 1:33PM) Naturally. I'm an idiot.
QUOTE (
Otis @ Oct 19, 2011, 8:29 PM) Otis, you were so stupid to pay a lot of money for that service.
QUOTE (timschochet @ Jan 20 2010, 10:04 AM) I'm weird, I know.
QUOTE (Ministry of Pain @ Dec 13 2009, 02:53 PM) I come off like a doosh no matter what I post.
QUOTE (Jaysus @ Nov 13 2008, 05:12 PM) my boner asked me to blackdot this thread for future reference.
QUOTE (AnonymousBob @ Aug 14 2007, 12:00 AM) When Joe Bryant is talking about shanking a dude you know it's bad.

#255 jwp

jwp

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,236 posts
  • Joined 21-November 11

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

Did we get to see that the clue said to roll them?

#256 sporthenry

sporthenry

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,246 posts
  • Joined 14-September 12

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

Did we get to see that the clue said to roll them?

Phil Keoghan @PhilKeoghan 3h

#Detour called #WhiskeyRollin but clue details say they simply have to move them on their own rolling carrying, kicking .. under their power

I don't have it recorded so if someone can go back and listen to what they say.  The problem is, the challenge in which Alabama got eliminated was also ambiguous.  It never said you had to use the sled but that you were supposed to transport it in the "proper way," whatever the hell that means.  And to penalize a team before but not here when even the challenge says Whiskey Rollin seems disingenuous. 

#257 Major

Major

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,227 posts
  • Joined 01-September 03

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

I enjoyed the country music girls comments about blowing...other than that, happy to see Youtube gone but really want the self tanner dweeb and his girl to go.  

#258 jwp

jwp

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,236 posts
  • Joined 21-November 11

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

I recorded it and stopped it when they showed the clue. The part they showed was only for the other challenge of the detour. Earlier in this thread I had said I wish they would show the clues for every one. This is why.

#259 FootballDummy

FootballDummy

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 935 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

I thought the sled thing was they had to transport them on the sleds in the proper manner, which would mean using the sleds the whole time. Of course, even if that's true, lots of teams had cheese fall off and slide down the hill a little bit before they put them back on the sled. But they didn't slide all the way down the hill. I guess there are grey areas.

I'm not a huge fan of any of the remaining teams. I guess the Hockey guys and the roller derby moms. Hockey guys seem like good guys, and I liked how the moms overcame adversity tonight.

Yeah I certainly am the one that is ignorant... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

#260 pantagrapher

pantagrapher

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21,211 posts
  • Joined 27-May 03
  • Interests:All of the above.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:20 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Thought for sure they'd get a penalty after the cheese episode (which I admit I did not see). 

#261 snogger

snogger

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29,359 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:Photography
    Wine Making
    Fantasy Football
    NFL

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:57 AM

The Cheese clue specifically said "Use the sled to transport the cheese the proper way"..

Based on Phil s' Tweeter Post above, this weeks clue said they must move the barrels "under their own power".. didn't specifically say they must roll them.

any ways the Girl YouTube team is gone :bye:

Edited by snogger, 29 April 2013 - 04:57 AM.

#262 DaVinci

DaVinci

FairTaxguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,036 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

The clue said "Deliver eight large barrels of Scotland's national drink, Scotch whisky, from the loading area through the steep, cobblestone streets of Duddingston Village to the Whisky Festival grounds to receive your next clue."

It's all in the reflexes.

#263 James Bond

James Bond

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 212 posts
  • Joined 02-July 07

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

The clue said "Deliver eight large barrels of Scotland's national drink, Scotch whisky, from the loading area through the steep, cobblestone streets of Duddingston Village to the Whisky Festival grounds to receive your next clue."

Nuff said.  There is no violation. Nothing to see here. Move along.

#264 pantagrapher

pantagrapher

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21,211 posts
  • Joined 27-May 03

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:27 AM

I'm just saying that in real time, watching the guys carry barrels of whiskey in a challenge called "whiskey rollin'" got my attention.

#265 stbugs

stbugs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,025 posts
  • Joined 08-December 04

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

I agree, but after penalizing the other team, it seems like a lot of people thought they might get a penalty.

I still think it was bogus to penalize the farmers for not using the sled 100% of the time. When you have a "task", most times there is a judge that tells you if you did it or not. It is one thing to penalize a team taking a taxi when it says go on foot versus not understanding "proper method" when there is a judge handing out the next clue. When it comes to travel penalties, there is usually a clue box where you have no one at the end to send you back. In the cheese sled task a guy counted their cheese wheels and gave them a clue. That is sort of BS to give them a penalty later instead of the guy saying you didn't really complete the task (like the judges do on other tasks).

#266 DaVinci

DaVinci

FairTaxguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,036 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:33 AM

I agree, but after penalizing the other team, it seems like a lot of people thought they might get a penalty.

I still think it was bogus to penalize the farmers for not using the sled 100% of the time. When you have a "task", most times there is a judge that tells you if you did it or not. It is one thing to penalize a team taking a taxi when it says go on foot versus not understanding "proper method" when there is a judge handing out the next clue. When it comes to travel penalties, there is usually a clue box where you have no one at the end to send you back. In the cheese sled task a guy counted their cheese wheels and gave them a clue. That is sort of BS to give them a penalty later instead of the guy saying you didn't really complete the task (like the judges do on other tasks).

It would have taken longer than a half hour for her to climb back to the top of the hill without lugging 2 wheels of cheese. :mellow:

It's all in the reflexes.

#267 stbugs

stbugs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,025 posts
  • Joined 08-December 04

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

It would have taken longer than a half hour for her to climb back to the top of the hill without lugging 2 wheels of cheese. :mellow:

You are probably correct and the hockey guys weren't going to lose either. With all of the stuff you hear about producers rigging things in various reality shows, I just don't like rules that seem arbitrary and seemed to get applied differently at different stages. Not sure if you watch Survivor, but they just had a challenge last week for immunity where you could buy an advantage and the advantage was so big that it virtually guaranteed a win (the weakest player won a strength challenge with it).

#268 Rayderr

Rayderr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35,573 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:57 AM

You are probably correct and the hockey guys weren't going to lose either. With all of the stuff you hear about producers rigging things in various reality shows, I just don't like rules that seem arbitrary and seemed to get applied differently at different stages.

Circumstances had a bit to do with it.  In the cheese sled thing, the guy who gave out the clues was inside the barn, so he couldn't see how the teams were transporting the cheese.  In the whiskey barrel, the woman who gave the clue actually saw them carry the barrels on their shoulders.  Also, rolling the cheese down the hill is easier than keeping it on the sled, whereas carrying the barrels on their shoulders is not easier than rolling the barrels.

Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? Uh... okay, well, the button on the side, is it glowing? Yeah, you need to turn it on... uh, the button turns it on... yeah, you do know how a button works don't you?  No, not on clothes.  No, no, there you go, no, there you go. I just heard it come on... no, no, that's the music you heard when it comes on... no, that's the music you hear when... I'm sorry, are you from the past?

#269 stbugs

stbugs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,025 posts
  • Joined 08-December 04

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:21 AM

I agree, but after penalizing the other team, it seems like a lot of people thought they might get a penalty.   I still think it was bogus to penalize the farmers for not using the sled 100% of the time. When you have a "task", most times there is a judge that tells you if you did it or not. It is one thing to penalize a team taking a taxi when it says go on foot versus not understanding "proper method" when there is a judge handing out the next clue. When it comes to travel penalties, there is usually a clue box where you have no one at the end to send you back. In the cheese sled task a guy counted their cheese wheels and gave them a clue. That is sort of BS to give them a penalty later instead of the guy saying you didn't really complete the task (like the judges do on other tasks).
You are probably correct and the hockey guys weren't going to lose either. With all of the stuff you hear about producers rigging things in various reality shows, I just don't like rules that seem arbitrary and seemed to get applied differently at different stages.
Circumstances had a bit to do with it.  In the cheese sled thing, the guy who gave out the clues was inside the barn, so he couldn't see how the teams were transporting the cheese.  In the whiskey barrel, the woman who gave the clue actually saw them carry the barrels on their shoulders.  Also, rolling the cheese down the hill is easier than keeping it on the sled, whereas carrying the barrels on their shoulders is not easier than rolling the barrels.
Wah? If it wasn't easier, then why would they do it? Hmmm, it is way too easy to roll the barrels, so let me carry it because it takes me longer. The fact that no other team could even attempt to carry the barrels also means it was sort of an unfair advantage. Also, if you watched the show you remember how the hockey guys said it was hard to roll the barrels because they didn't roll straight and he said he was going to carry them instead.   Also, highlighting how dumb the farmers were, it was in fact way easier to keep the cheese on the sled and slide down the hill with it. It took them way longer the way they did it than the teams that figured out they could slide down the hill with the sled. By the way, I agree with DaVinci, it wouldn't have mattered, I just didn't like the arbitrary rules.

Edited by stbugs, 30 April 2013 - 05:26 AM.

#270 snogger

snogger

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29,359 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:Photography
    Wine Making
    Fantasy Football
    NFL

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

:deadhorse:

#271 Rayderr

Rayderr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35,573 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:26 AM

Wah? If it wasn't easier, then why would they do it? Hmmm, it is way too easy to roll the barrels, so let me carry it because it takes me longer. The fact that no other team could even attempt to carry the barrels also means it was sort of an unfair advantage. Also, if you watched the show you remember how the hockey guys said it was hard to roll the barrels because they didn't roll straight and he said he was going to carry them instead.

Also, highlighting how dumb the farmers were, it was in fact way easier to keep the cheese on the sled and slide down the hill with it. It took them way longer the way they did it than the teams that figured out they could slide down the hill with the sled.

Which would you rather do?  roll a barrel up an incline for 200 yards, or hoist 400+ pounds up onto your shoulders and walk 200 yards up that incline? 

Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? Uh... okay, well, the button on the side, is it glowing? Yeah, you need to turn it on... uh, the button turns it on... yeah, you do know how a button works don't you?  No, not on clothes.  No, no, there you go, no, there you go. I just heard it come on... no, no, that's the music you heard when it comes on... no, that's the music you hear when... I'm sorry, are you from the past?

#272 stbugs

stbugs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,025 posts
  • Joined 08-December 04

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:30 AM

Wah? If it wasn't easier, then why would they do it? Hmmm, it is way too easy to roll the barrels, so let me carry it because it takes me longer. The fact that no other team could even attempt to carry the barrels also means it was sort of an unfair advantage. Also, if you watched the show you remember how the hockey guys said it was hard to roll the barrels because they didn't roll straight and he said he was going to carry them instead.

Also, highlighting how dumb the farmers were, it was in fact way easier to keep the cheese on the sled and slide down the hill with it. It took them way longer the way they did it than the teams that figured out they could slide down the hill with the sled.

Which would you rather do?  roll a barrel up an incline for 200 yards, or hoist 400+ pounds up onto your shoulders and walk 200 yards up that incline? 

Snogger is right, this is a dead horse, but even so, how in the world can you say that he would carry a barrel because it was harder? Not sure how big you are, but I carried a bunch of half kegs in college up and down into our basement bar when they got delivered and I would rather walk them up a hill than roll them, especially in this case where they don't roll straight. If I could handle the barrel, then yes I would rather carry it and walk than roll it. It would be faster.

#273 Rayderr

Rayderr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35,573 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

Snogger is right, this is a dead horse, but even so, how in the world can you say that he would carry a barrel because it was harder? Not sure how big you are, but I carried a bunch of half kegs in college up and down into our basement bar when they got delivered and I would rather walk them up a hill than roll them, especially in this case where they don't roll straight. If I could handle the barrel, then yes I would rather carry it and walk than roll it. It would be faster.

The toothless brother couldn't finish it that way.  he wore himself out.  BTW, use the double handed rolling technique (hand on each side, moving in unison.  That helps it go straight)

#274 pantagrapher

pantagrapher

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21,211 posts
  • Joined 27-May 03

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:14 AM

I don't think they weighed THAT much. I vaguely recall one of the hockey guys remarking they must weigh a hundred pounds each.

#275 Rayderr

Rayderr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35,573 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:16 AM

I don't think they weighed THAT much. I vaguely recall one of the hockey guys remarking they must weigh a hundred pounds each.

Was going by the weight of a filled wine barrel.  Couldn't tell how big those were.  And I'm assuming they were filled.

#276 Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Joined 18-July 07

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

:deadhorse:

#277 EYLive

EYLive

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,409 posts
  • Joined 11-January 06
  • Interests:Wombats. Melanie Iglesias. Pastries.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

If I could handle the barrel, then yes I would rather carry it and walk than roll it. It would be faster.

This is the key. It may or may not easier, but it is faster. But teams having to stay together kind of negated any real speed advantage.

Loo loo loo, I've got some apples, Loo loo loo, You've got some too.
Loo loo loo, Let's make some applesauce, Take off our clothes and Loo loo loo.

2006 FBG FFA Picture of the Year
GM vs. shuke 2008 Eat-Off

I'm not an attention whore i just have poor PR skills.

#278 northern exposure

northern exposure

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,262 posts
  • Joined 27-June 08

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

I'm hoping any team but the newlyweds takes the Finale on Sunday. I find them both very annoying. If I had to rank the other 3 it would be Hockey Brothers, Country Singers, Roller Derby Moms.
Man I forget which came first, the bad idea or me befallen by it?

#279 aardball44

aardball44

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,540 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

Bump for the finale.

“A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.”
—William James

“Prejudices, it is well known, are most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil has never been loosened or fertilized by education; they grow firm there, firm as weeds among stones.”
—Charlotte Bronte

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be."
—Kurt Vonnegut

#280 sporthenry

sporthenry

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,246 posts
  • Joined 14-September 12

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

Not sure if its legal but you gotta throw the globes out when they aren't right.  Or at the very least, pop em. 

#281 sporthenry

sporthenry

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,246 posts
  • Joined 14-September 12

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

Best team won.  Putting two guys on a single team really isn't fair let alone professional athletes.  They were smart and joined the alliance as well so nobody seemed to care how bit of a threat they were.  But boy the teams are getting smarter.  Writing all the stuff down.  On the last challenge, did every globe have some type of marking on it?  B/c if that was the case, that is pretty remarkable how quickly it seemed they did it and assuming it only took one try. 

#282 Mark Davis

Mark Davis

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,504 posts
  • Joined 23-March 04

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Best team won.  Putting two guys on a single team really isn't fair let alone professional athletes.  They were smart and joined the alliance as well so nobody seemed to care how bit of a threat they were.  But boy the teams are getting smarter.  Writing all the stuff down.  On the last challenge, did every globe have some type of marking on it?  B/c if that was the case, that is pretty remarkable how quickly it seemed they did it and assuming it only took one try. 

Yeah I never got how everyone kept trying to get rid of the Youtube team or the moms.  The hockey players were by far the biggest threat, and after that it was always Max and Katie.  At the least in my mind, those were the best 2 after the team with the Express Pass had the melt down on the surfboard challenge.  I heard Bates and Anthony say at the start of the first leg tonight that the moms were the biggest threat.  If I were them I would have been thinking Max and Katie.  I also noticed every team basically had a notepad or notebook logging everywhere they had been and all the details.  I'm pretty sure the hockey players mentioned they had studied a map while on the plane as well.

QUOTE(andy_b @ Feb 15 2008, 04:58 PM)
You are both ignorant and arrogant and that is a horrible combination.

#283 BroncoFreak_2K3

BroncoFreak_2K3

sucker for Orange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,172 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:54 AM

Glad to see Bates and Anthony win.  :thumbup:  Well deserved.

It was amazing that as many times as the Moms got lost (which was everywhere), they still were able to come in 3rd overall.

QUOTE (timschochet @ Feb 23, 2012, 1:33PM) Naturally. I'm an idiot.
QUOTE (
Otis @ Oct 19, 2011, 8:29 PM) Otis, you were so stupid to pay a lot of money for that service.
QUOTE (timschochet @ Jan 20 2010, 10:04 AM) I'm weird, I know.
QUOTE (Ministry of Pain @ Dec 13 2009, 02:53 PM) I come off like a doosh no matter what I post.
QUOTE (Jaysus @ Nov 13 2008, 05:12 PM) my boner asked me to blackdot this thread for future reference.
QUOTE (AnonymousBob @ Aug 14 2007, 12:00 AM) When Joe Bryant is talking about shanking a dude you know it's bad.

#284 Mjolnirs

Mjolnirs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:Sports:NFL - Vikings: College - South Carolina Gamecocks: Soccer - Bayern München, Charleston Battery
    Proud member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:01 AM

Not sure if its legal but you gotta throw the globes out when they aren't right.  Or at the very least, pop em.

I thought the same thing as well. It was nice going into the episode and not really hating any of the four teams left. I think the best team did win though.
Go Vikings! Go Gamecocks! Go Bayern München!
:40+:
Mjolnir

(Alabamas) defense allowed nine touchdowns on the season. I think Clemson gave up more than that in just their bowl game the other night.

However, once I was handed the ball and saw the opening I ran to daylight. Not because I knew what I was doing, I just loved the sunshine on my face.

The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision.

#285 stbugs

stbugs

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,025 posts
  • Joined 08-December 04

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

Glad to see them win. Even though they were despised at the beginning, Max and Katie were actually a pretty solid team. They won the last 3 legs before the final leg. Not sure how much of the beginning was schtick for them as they seemed to work pretty well with their alliance the last few weeks.

#286 EYLive

EYLive

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,409 posts
  • Joined 11-January 06
  • Interests:Wombats. Melanie Iglesias. Pastries.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Those Obama photos were so tacky. :lmao:

Loo loo loo, I've got some apples, Loo loo loo, You've got some too.
Loo loo loo, Let's make some applesauce, Take off our clothes and Loo loo loo.

2006 FBG FFA Picture of the Year
GM vs. shuke 2008 Eat-Off

I'm not an attention whore i just have poor PR skills.

#287 jwp

jwp

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,236 posts
  • Joined 21-November 11

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

I wasn't a big fan of the walking around looking for the right agent thing. Kind of was a crap shoot to encounter the right one quickly. I'd rather see them doing some sort of challenge that involves skill instead of luck.

#288 Rayderr

Rayderr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35,573 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

I wasn't a big fan of the walking around looking for the right agent thing. Kind of was a crap shoot to encounter the right one quickly. I'd rather see them doing some sort of challenge that involves skill instead of luck.

:shrug:  So many times it's come down to the luck of the cab drivers, so I don't see it being that big of a deal.  The bottlenecks in the last leg need to go (a challenge where only 1 team can go at a time.)  Luckily, the only bottleneck was the photo at the Old Post Office, and the teams didn't bunch up there.

#289 Henry Ford

Henry Ford

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Joined 31-October 11

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

:shrug:  So many times it's come down to the luck of the cab drivers, so I don't see it being that big of a deal.  The bottlenecks in the last leg need to go (a challenge where only 1 team can go at a time.)  Luckily, the only bottleneck was the photo at the Old Post Office, and the teams didn't bunch up there.

There would have been one at the baseball toss, too, if more than one team had been there, wouldn't there?

In this specific case I agree with Hitler.

#290 Sarnoff

Sarnoff

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Joined 21-March 09

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

I thought the same thing as well. It was nice going into the episode and not really hating any of the four teams left. I think the best team did win though.

However, losing the 'wrong' ones makes it easier for another team to catch up.

#291 Fennis

Fennis

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29,115 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

There would have been one at the baseball toss, too, if more than one team had been there, wouldn't there?

no, they had 3 zip lines side by side by side

#292 Sarnoff

Sarnoff

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Joined 21-March 09

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

Anthony kinda looks like a bulkier Prince William.

#293 Fennis

Fennis

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29,115 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

I cant believe I went the entire season without knowing the hockey players were brothers,

#294 Rayderr

Rayderr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35,573 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

That was a rather lame challenge.  A more fitting one would be to have the team member dress up in one of the president mascot outfits and have to run around the bases in a certain amount of time.

#295 jwp

jwp

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,236 posts
  • Joined 21-November 11

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

Lets face it. This finale and whole season was a big snooze-fest. The finale not long ago that had the 3 hisoanic taxi drivers all talking to each other on their cells was awesome.

#296 Sarnoff

Sarnoff

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Joined 21-March 09

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

That was a rather lame challenge.  A more fitting one would be to have the team member dress up in one of the president mascot outfits and have to run around the bases in a certain amount of time.

But if they got the Teddy costume, they'd always lose...

#297 Rayderr

Rayderr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35,573 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

But if they got the Teddy costume, they'd always lose...

He's actually won a race.  A race.

ETA:  Apparently he's actually won 4.  All last year.  I only knew of his first win which was done to celebrate the Nats making the playoffs.

Edited by Rayderr, 06 May 2013 - 02:51 PM.

#298 Whitetail Hunter

Whitetail Hunter

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,644 posts
  • Joined 01-December 04

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:37 AM

Anyone know how it works when they exit planes? A producer must hold everyone until they all get through imm and customs since they always seem to emerge from the airport at the same time if they were on the same flight.

#299 Rayderr

Rayderr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35,573 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

Anyone know how it works when they exit planes? A producer must hold everyone until they all get through imm and customs since they always seem to emerge from the airport at the same time if they were on the same flight.

:no:  Getting off the plane fast and making it through customs quickly is part of the game.   When the wrestling couple were on, Bolo would often act handicapped in order to get through customs quicker.  More recently, a team won the final leg because they were able to move up to First Class on the flight back to the US and thus able to get off the plane much quicker than the other teams sitting in coach.

#300 Mr. Mojo

Mr. Mojo

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,919 posts
  • Joined 15-April 03

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

:no:  Getting off the plane fast and making it through customs quickly is part of the game.   When the wrestling couple were on, Bolo would often act handicapped in order to get through customs quicker.  More recently, a team won the final leg because they were able to move up to First Class on the flight back to the US and thus able to get off the plane much quicker than the other teams sitting in coach.

Season 6 (the one with Bolo) was one of the best seasons!

Now that a couple of all female teams have won, they finally brought back teams with 2 athletic males (Hockey Bros). For a while, they didn't have any.

Glad that Max&Katie didn't win - too obnoxious for my taste.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users