What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OUR LEAGUE PLACED JOSH GORDON IN 13 ROOKIE DRAFT (1 Viewer)

OUR LEAGUE PLACED JOSH GORDON IN 13 ROOKIE DRAFT..take him where

• top 3 overall pick

Votes: 60 58.3%
  • top wr pick

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • after top rookie wr gone

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • late 1st round ( in top 3 rookie wrs)

Votes: 10 9.7%

• Total voters
Agree with the guys above. I think he has to be considered right at the top of this draft. People that snagged him last year in their leagues' waivers, supp. drafts, or late in their rook drafts got a steal.

It's funny. I would probably take him at 1.2 but I know there is no way I would be able to get the 1.2 rookie pick for him in a trade.

It's funny. I would probably take him at 1.2 but I know there is no way I would be able to get the 1.2 rookie pick for him in a trade.
The same irony exists in responses to trade offers of players vs their current ADP. Reality of value goes out the Window.

'flc735 said:
thats a great point, I have the 1.02 pick and would consider him; however I would not trade it for him. I say hes 1.04 for sure.

'flc735 said:
thats a great point, I have the 1.02 pick and would consider him; however I would not trade it for him. I say hes 1.04 for sure.
That's why in poor draft years like this one, I am in favor of trading your 1st in almost any scenario.The only reason I wouldn't give my 1.2 to get Gordon is because I know I could get more for that pick.

I voted late first round top 3 WR. I like what I saw in him talent wise but I'm not sold on his character. Also, his production took a hit toward the end of the season. I admit I don't watch alot of Browns football, so can someone tell me why that happened? Was it because teams started actually covering him after he earned some respect? Or was it because Weeden was terrible? A little of both maybe? Something else?

I just don't trust the Browns passing game at all either. I would rather take Patterson, Allen, Hopkins or Austin as a wr2 on a team with a good QB, than Gordon as the Browns WR1.

'flc735 said:
Good example of why rookie picks can be overrated.

I voted late first round top 3 WR. I like what I saw in him talent wise but I'm not sold on his character. I just don't trust the Browns passing game at all either. I would rather take Patterson, Allen, Hopkins or Austin as a wr2 on a team with a good QB, than Gordon as the Browns WR1.
:goodposting: Situation plays a large role how I rate WR.I'd say right now mid-round 1st that'll fluctuate based on what happens with draft.

'flc735 said:
Good example of why rookie picks can be overrated.
Said id consider him, those other 2 wrs got a shot at landing on better teams.

First off I'd like to say that I own Gordon in a dynasty league, so I do like him but I'm not exactly sure what everyone is so excited about with him. Actually I didn't find the selection I liked here either. I chose late 1st (In top 3 WR), but late first would have him outside the top 3 WR's. I'd have Patterson, Allen, Austin, and Hopkins rated ahead of him......so I wouldn't even have him in the top 3 WR's. He'd be exactly 5 for me.

Again, I think people are really underrating this year's crop of WR's. Gordon is a nice prospect, but I like Patterson, Allen, Austin, and Hopkins more.

Please tell me why Gordon is worth so much. I saw some nice, promising things from him last year....but he is on a team with Weeden as his QB. We will know more about the other 4 WR's landing spots in late April, but we already know now that Gordon's landing spot isn't very good + I don't think he's an elite talent. No more talented that some of the WR's in this class.

Last edited by a moderator:

First off I'd like to say that I own Gordon in a dynasty league, so I do like him but I'm not exactly sure what everyone is so excited about with him. Actually I didn't find the selection I liked here either. I chose late 1st (In top 3 WR), but late first would have him outside the top 3 WR's. I'd have Patterson, Allen, Austin, and Hopkins rated ahead of him......so I wouldn't even have him in the top 3 WR's. He'd be exactly 5 for me.Again, I think people are really underrating this year's crop of WR's. Gordon is a nice prospect, but I like Patterson, Allen, Austin, and Hopkins more.Please tell me why Gordon is worth so much. I saw some nice, promising things from him last year....but he is on a team with Weeden as his QB. We will know more about the other 4 WR's landing spots in late April, but we already know now that Gordon's landing spot isn't very good + I don't think he's an elite talent. No more talented that some of the WR's in this class.
6-3, 225, 23 yo who after sitting out a season posted 50/805/5 as a rookie with Weeden as his QB.

Please tell me why Gordon is worth so much. I saw some nice, promising things from him last year....but he is on a team with Weeden as his QB. We will know more about the other 4 WR's landing spots in late April, but we already know now that Gordon's landing spot isn't very good + I don't think he's an elite talent. No more talented that some of the WR's in this class.
I think Waldman said it as well as anyone can. Physically, he's special. He ran a 4.52 at his pro-day, but he is very clearly faster than that on the field. At 6’3”, 225, and 4.4 game speed, his ceiling is very high. He is very fluid and has great hands, and quick feet.

Patterson is the only WR I put on the same tier (worried about Austin’s size), and Gordon has a year of NFL production on him. I think Patterson and Gordon are equally special physically, in very different ways. I’d likely take Gordon today, based on the NFL production, but, again, pretty close to a toss up for me.

As for Gordon’s situation - I’m fine with it. Unless the QB situation is 2012 AZ bad, talented WRs can put up top numbers with below average QB play. And he’s 22, and we’re talking about dynasty leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread