• Members
  • Pip
  • 777 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

MY TEAM:

QB: Matt Ryan, Sam Bradford

RB: T-Rich, M. Jones-Drew, David Wilson, Eddie Lacy, T. Gerhart

WR: V. Cruz, Mike Williams, Steve Smith, Justin Hunter, Greg Little, Markus Wheaton, Andre Roberts, A.J. Jenkins, Mohamed Sanu, Marvin Jones, Tandon Doss, Deonte Thompson, Kenny Stills, Devon Wylie

TE: Eifert, Gresham

D/ST: Patriots

12 team PPR Dynasty. Start 10: 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 1 D/ST

Bold are for sure starters (as of now), Italics are possible flex options

I’ve been playing Dynasty FF for a little while now, but this was my first start-up. I didn't go the way I wanted, so I’m looking to shake things up a little bit and trade away some unwanted pieces (MJD, S. Smith, and possibly Gresham if he has any value). Do any of the following moves make sense? Fair? These are offers that I am trying to put together, they haven’t actually been proposed yet as some of these offers could use some more work. I could probably make some changes to these offers, these are just starting points.

Edit: (See post #7 for updated offers).

1)Gresham for Dwayne Allen + Travis Kelce (or Ertz) +____?____  (this team tried to trade  Kelce + Esocbar to me for Eifert, I rejected).

3)MJD for 2014 1st + Alshon Jeffery (this team could use a RB, Jeffery might be too much)

4)Gresham +_______ for Bernard Pierce +/or Christine Michael (this team might need a TE since he has Hernandez).

The other team's rosters with some of the projected starters in bold (team 1 goes with offer 1, etc, etc):

Team 1:

QB: Andrew Luck, Vick, M. Barkley

RB: Montee Ball, Ben Tate, Marcus Lattimore, Kendall Hunter, Marcel Reece, Latavius Murray

WR: Julio Jones, Danny Amendola, Cordarrelle Paterson, T.Y. Hilton, Michael Floyd, Chris Harper

TE: Jimmy Graham, Dwayne Allen, Zach Ertz, Travis Kelce, Gavin Escobar, James Casey

Team 2:

QB: Cam Newton, Phillip Rivers, R. Mallett

RB: CJ Spiller, Mikel LeShoure, Fred Jackson, Jonathan Franklin, Joseph Randle, Bilal Powell

WR: Michael Crabtree (Hurt), Tavon Austin, Antonio Brown, Reuben Randle, Aaron Dobson, Ryan Broyles, Juron Criner, Jarius Wright, Donnie Avery, LaVon Brazill,

TE: Kyle Rudolph, Vernon Davis, Fred Davis, Ladarius Green

Team 3:

QB: Stafford, M. Flynn, K. Cousins

RB: Mike Goodson, Ryan Williams, Andre Brown, J. Dwyer, Ronnie Hillman, Mike Gillislee, DuJuan Harris, Lance Dunbar

WR: Dez Bryant, J. Blackmon, Torrey Smith, Denarius Moore, DeAndre Hopkins, Alshon Jeffery, Keshawn Martin, Jacoby Jones

TE: Gronk, Scott Chandler

Team 4:

QB: Russell Wilson, Tannehill, Geno

RB: Ridley, Lamar Miller, Vick Ballard, Bernard Pierce, Christine Michael, Jacquizz Rodgers, Knile Davis, Chris Thompson

WR: Randall Cobb, Eric Decker, Chris Givens, Brian Hartline, Stedman Bailey, Stephen Hill, Quinton Patton, Josh Boyce, T.J. Graham, Golden Tate

TE: Coby Fleener, Jake Ballard, A. Hernandez

• I’ll probably trade Steve Smith during the season to a contender, I’m not sure anyone wants to even give up a 2nd right now.
  • I’m not sure about Gresham’s value, but I would think he will still be very much involved in Cinci’s offense. I would think they will run more 2-TE sets. I might need to trade one of the Cinci TE's... I don't have a TE to fill in on bye weeks, although I have a waiver claim out for Vance McDonald (49er rookie TE).
  • Hopefully MJD can fetch a 2014 first + a smaller piece.

Edited by BlackMamba24, 21 July 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#2 johnadams

johnadams

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,289 posts
  • Joined 03-August 10

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

I'd suggest holding on to what you have for now.  Guys like Smith and MJD are fairly depressed in dynasty leagues right now where shiney new toys always have the buzz this time of year.  With TRich, Cruz, Wilson and Ryan, you have the bricks to build a solid team.  You need a few things to go right for you, but in looking at the other rosters, you have company. Getting McDonald is a very good step. I'd try to fill out your squad with older guys who are really undervalued to at least make you competitive year one.  Think Reggie Wayne and Wes Welker as guys who can put up WR1 numbers but going for a lot less. 

If you want to make deals, then always counter and be aggressive on the trade front.  I don;'t think you'll see a first rounder for MJD or Smith at this point and 2nd round rookie picks are trade throw-ins.  As to the offers you suggest, you'll struggle to find takers.  I just don't see a big push to land MJD at this point and I doubt you'll get two promising young RBs for Gresham.  People tend to overvalue young RBs and undervalue TEs (except Gronk and Graham) in the dynaties I've been in. 

#3 BlackMamba24

BlackMamba24

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 777 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

I'd suggest holding on to what you have for now.  Guys like Smith and MJD are fairly depressed in dynasty leagues right now where shiney new toys always have the buzz this time of year.  With TRich, Cruz, Wilson and Ryan, you have the bricks to build a solid team.  You need a few things to go right for you, but in looking at the other rosters, you have company. Getting McDonald is a very good step. I'd try to fill out your squad with older guys who are really undervalued to at least make you competitive year one.  Think Reggie Wayne and Wes Welker as guys who can put up WR1 numbers but going for a lot less. 

If you want to make deals, then always counter and be aggressive on the trade front.  I don;'t think you'll see a first rounder for MJD or Smith at this point and 2nd round rookie picks are trade throw-ins.  As to the offers you suggest, you'll struggle to find takers.  I just don't see a big push to land MJD at this point and I doubt you'll get two promising young RBs for Gresham.  People tend to overvalue young RBs and undervalue TEs (except Gronk and Graham) in the dynaties I've been in. 

thanks for the input,

I figured I would probably have to add something to Gresham to get Pierce/Michael.

Ertz could replace Kelce in the 1st trade offer.

I'm not expecting a first for Smith, but I think in-season I should be able to get a 2nd at least from someone. There are a few teams that have a better chance to win the league than mine so I'm kinda looking toward 2014, hoping to get one of those top WRs in the draft (and maybe one of my young WRs break out). I like my core of Ryan, T-Rich, Wilson, Cruz, Eifert though.

I do think its possible to get a 2014 1st for MJD at some point, I may not be able to get anything to go along with it, but I would probably be happy with it. The more picks I have in 2014, the better chance I will have at upgrading my WRs. I would need to add another RB at some point to replace MJD's spot though.

If I am able to trade Gresham, TEs on the waiver wire are: Fasano, Mercedes Lewis, J. Cumberland, J. Dreesen, Garrett Graham, D.J. Williams, Adrien Robinson (NYG), Ed Dickson. -- nothing exciting, but could fill in for now. I may able to pick up Vance McDonald this week though (dropping Wylie).

Edited by BlackMamba24, 21 July 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#4 maxhyde

maxhyde

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,035 posts
  • Joined 08-April 13

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

MLewis is the best option of those FA TE's.  He is the only real option there.  McDonald is a nice get though if you land him.  He may have a real role in SF this year

I like the angle you are taking but it may be tough to get RB's for a TE, even backups and role players.

I think the deal for Rudolph is a good one but I think the 2014 first may be pushing it.   Even dropping the first I like the deal for you.

Rudolph > Gresham

MJD>>Franklin but Franklin was likely a first round pick so what you make up in TE you lose in RB but Franklin is a nice add for you with Lacy

I would check in with team 3 and look to get ABrown and Jeffery/Hopkins for MJD or MJD+

#5 BlackMamba24

BlackMamba24

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 777 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

MLewis is the best option of those FA TE's.  He is the only real option there.  McDonald is a nice get though if you land him.  He may have a real role in SF this year

I like the angle you are taking but it may be tough to get RB's for a TE, even backups and role players.

I think the deal for Rudolph is a good one but I think the 2014 first may be pushing it.   Even dropping the first I like the deal for you.

Rudolph > Gresham

MJD>>Franklin but Franklin was likely a first round pick so what you make up in TE you lose in RB but Franklin is a nice add for you with Lacy

I would check in with team 3 and look to get ABrown and Jeffery/Hopkins for MJD or MJD+

I think I would rather have McDonald right now because hes younger and I'd like to see what happens with him. I would probably be open to picking up Lewis or Dickson once a spot opens up though.

Forgot Franklin went in the first. Just checked, Franklin went 1.12 (Michael went 2.05)... I'd love to have an extra 1st in 2014 though. How do these look:

2)Gresham + Sanu or Jones + 2014 3rd for B. Pierce +/or C. Michael?

3)Gresham + 2014 2nd for B. Pierce + C. Michael --- i dont think I would want to move the 2014 2nd in this deal. I would rather use it in the above deal or a different one. I may be able to get the 2014 2nd back with Steve Smith during the season though.

Edited by BlackMamba24, 21 July 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#6 maxhyde

maxhyde

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,035 posts
  • Joined 08-April 13

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

I agree McDonald is a better stash than Lewis.

The Rudolph Franklin deal you may be able to nab that 1st by adding AJ Jenkins to Gresham/MJD...he is the Crabtree owner so might pay a little extra for AJ Jenkins who is likely at his peak trade value now.  If not you might be able to get Franklin for Jenkins which would work out pretty well for you I think.

Still think the Pierce-Michael deal is a tough to get done with Gresham.  Low end TE1 have limited trade value even to the guy who lost Hernandez.  Pierce alone is going for a mid-late first in most of the leagues I am in and Michael just went early 2nd.  I would trade Gresham straight up for either Michael or Pierce though.  I think both are great assets so anything you can add to Gresham to pick up both would be worth it.  He needs WR pretty badly so maybe adding Hunter/Wheaton might do it for him

Maybe MJD/Gresham for both of those guys and a 1st?

I think trading Sanu/Jones would be great but I haven't seen them net very much in return.  Sanu is more attractive for sure and Little does carry some trade value

I think you should target your players for now and if you want to get picks wait until guys are looking to add from injury or as the season starts and their guys are not performing as anticipated

Anyway if this was how the draft ended up some of these guys might be very tough to acquire as they were likely targeted by the owners and sometimes prying away favorites is a little trickier

#7 BlackMamba24

BlackMamba24

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 777 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

I like the idea of adding Jenkins to the Rudolph Franklin deal, even though I do kinda like Jenkins as a sleeper. I'm not sure how highly, if at all, he views Jenkins. I thought maybe the 2014 2nd would have more value and work better for him in that trade. 

I also like the idea of offering Gresham straight up for Pierce.  

Not sure I would want to offer Hunter in that deal for Pierce/Michael. There is a lot of uncertainty with my WRs so I'm kinda banking on him to show something this year, but I'm not counting on it. Him and Little are probably my WR4 and WR5 right now and I still plan on moving Smith. I actually picked Wheaton over Michael at 2.04,My WRs are thin so I thought that was the right move...the other owners liked the Wheaton pick. I'm really starting to like Michael now though, sounds like a good prospect to have.

I also wouldn't mind getting one or two of Dwayne Allen/Ertz/Kelce from team 1, but looks like it will be difficult with what I have. When Crabtree went down I offered him Jenkins for Kelce and he rejected. I was thinking maybe me being a chiefs fan, him being a 49er fan, it might work. 

I just want to make sure they are fair offers, being that this is a start-up and I haven't played with some of these owners yet. 

Edited by BlackMamba24, 21 July 2013 - 06:57 PM.

#8 msudaisy26

msudaisy26

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,830 posts
  • Joined 07-May 13
  • Interests:Football, learning more about fantasy football. My daughter, teaching, and boating.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

1)Gresham for Dwayne Allen + Travis Kelce (or Ertz) +____?____ (this team tried to trade Kelce + Esocbar to me for Eifert, I rejected).

2)MJD + Gresham for Kyle Rudolph, Jonathan Franklin + 2014 1st (think I would need to add something going back to him)

3)MJD for 2014 1st + Alshon Jeffery (this team could use a RB, Jeffery might be too much)

4)Gresham for Bernard Pierce + Christine Michael (this team might need a TE since he has Hernandez).

1. Not going to happen for Gresham he has little to no value right now, he was dropped before our draft and then redrafted with an end of the 3rd round pick.

2. You need to add something or take out the 1st

3. This is pretty close

4. Not even close

#9 BlackMamba24

BlackMamba24

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 777 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

1. Not going to happen for Gresham he has little to no value right now, he was dropped before our draft and then redrafted with an end of the 3rd round pick.

2. You need to add something or take out the 1st

3. This is pretty close

4. Not even close

yeah.. I should probably edit that. I changed some of the offers a little bit since the original post. (see post #7). I might try offering a different version of #2 or part of 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users