What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Denver Broncos Training Camp reports (1 Viewer)

It's a concern, but I've seen Peyton drag Colts teams with a lot less talent on them to 11 or 12 wins before, so just get everyone back and healthy in time for the stretch run and the playoffs and they'll be primed for a potential deep postseason run.
I'm not so concerned with Den loosing because of it. Though, 1 or 2 losses during that stretch could men the difference between a bye or not. They don't play the next best team in the division at all in the 1st 6. Yeah I'm talking about KC. Crazy I know. I was more thinking if it means they are any easy target for fantasy players.

So why is Antonio Smith given a three game suspension, but allowed to count two weeks during preseason? That is giving the man a free vacation. Why can't Von can't two preseason games for his 6?

Cecil, any ideas to what Von actually did? And is he in stage 3 for life or what? If he is in stage 3 for life, I would refuse to give him a lot of $$ without some serious protections.

Last edited by a moderator:
So why is Antonio Smith given a three game suspension, but allowed to count two weeks during preseason? That is giving the man a free vacation. Why can't Von can't two preseason games for his 6?

Cecil, any ideas to what Von actually did? And is he in stage 3 for life or what? If he is in stage 3 for life, I would refuse to give him a lot of $$ without some serious protections.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2013/08/20/von-miller-suspension-denver-broncos/2678349/

The suspension was triggered this summer after Miller, who was placed in the NFL's drug program after a positive test for marijuana in his rookie year in 2011, spilled a urine sample during a scheduled test at the Broncos' facility before an offseason workout. The urine sample Miller provided after the practice was found to be diluted, the person said.

The suspension was triggered this summer after Miller, who was placed in the NFL's drug program after a positive test for marijuana in his rookie year in 2011, spilled a urine sample during a scheduled test at the Broncos' facility before an offseason workout. The urine sample Miller provided after the practice was found to be diluted, the person said.

I don't understand how this equates to a six game suspension.

I don't understand how this equates to a six game suspension.
It's an 6 game suspension if they think you are trying to scam the system by using a diluted sample.

rascal said:

I don't understand how this equates to a six game suspen
Suspicion of cover up, tampering, or a refusal is usually weighed the same as a positive test so it appears the 6 games is the resulting penalty of two failed tests (2011 and 2013).

I think there is ambiguity in how many tests he actually failed this summer. Dropped sample = failure #1, diluted sample = #2. The penalty for two failures = full season suspension, but nfl knows thats bs so they are "compromising" on 6 games.

To answer Buffaloes, probably a strong finish.

I guess "screwed" was too strong of a word. But the Broncos are really going to have to battle hard for a high playoff seed, not that it helped them much last season.

jurb26 said:
So it looks like V. Miller will be out for the 1st 6 games due to suspension. How big of a hit does the Den D take from this, along with the loss of Dumerville?
What this does is put more pressure on Shaun Phillips. He was originally going to play a part time pass rushing role. Now he's a full time player and opposite of him will be Danny Trevathan. Wesley Woodyard is moving to MLB and not just because of Stewart Bradley injury. Fox said today that move was in the works before Bradley injury. Fox quotes below.

On roster and injury updates

“We did add a new member to the club: Paris Lenon, linebacker. Most recently with Arizona, started a bunch of games. He worked out for us today, we signed him. We’re glad to add him to the linebacker crew. Otherwise, the injury report is really the same as yesterday, so unless anybody has got questions I won’t go through it all.”

On G Louis Vasquez returning to practice

“Yes, he’s back in practice.”

On if LB Wesley Woodyard is being moved to ‘Mike’ linebacker due to LB Stewart Bradley’s injury

“That was going to be a move we made regardless. Because of that (Bradley’s injury), it’s a big reason why we signed Paris Lenon, who we have high regard for. He started the last 16 games for the last three years in a row. He’s an athletic guy that we think can help us.”

On if they envision Lenon at ‘Mike’ linebacker

“We’ll find out. He doesn’t know what we’re doing yet. That evaluation will keep moving and going forward.”

On Woodyard being able to play multiple positions since he plays nearly every down

“Well, you’ve got to be flexible. At different spots he’s proven to be one of our better linebackers. [LB] Danny Trevathan will line up on the weak side, and [LB] Von [Miller] on the strong side as far as the starting group. We’ll see what that looks like this week.”

On if Trevathan looks bigger this year

“Yeah, he’s more experienced. He’s made a good leap so far, through the offseason and training camp and the preseason. So, he’s earned that opportunity.”

On the first-team offense

“We really haven’t played them that much, I think on purpose. But I thought we showed good improvement from Week One to Week Two. We anticipate having more of that improvement from Week Two to Week Three.”

On if the starters will play into the second half this weekend

“Yeah. We like getting them used to coming out after halftime. Halftime is an event in itself. So this will be the first time they have to come out and play after the halftime routine.”

On if they are sacrificing size for speed and tackling with the new linebacker lineup

“Again, guys come in all shapes and sizes. Size isn’t always as meaningful thing as how fast they play. So well take a look at Wesley in the middle, and it could end up that way throughout the 16-game regular season. There is versatility involved, we’re going to a look and see if he feels comfortable at that spot.”

On opportunities for WR Andre Caldwell due to other injuries at the wideout position

“When one door closes for somebody, another door opens. So it gives him that opportunity, much like [TE] Joel Dreessen being out has given [TE] Julius Thomas an opportunity to get those game reps, as well as practice reps. It’s really good to be able to develop young people on your team.”

On if Caldwell could play inside

“Bubba is capable of both—inside or outside. So are some of the other guys. Again, being versatile is important, really regardless of the position, maybe other than quarterback.”

jurb26 said:
So it looks like V. Miller will be out for the 1st 6 games due to suspension. How big of a hit does the Den D take from this, along with the loss of Dumerville?
What this does is put more pressure on Shaun Phillips. He was originally going to play a part time pass rushing role. Now he's a full time player and opposite of him will be Danny Trevathan. Wesley Woodyard is moving to MLB and not just because of Stewart Bradley injury. Fox said today that move was in the works before Bradley injury. Fox quotes below.
Irving has been playing sam behind Von thus far in preseason. I could definitely be wrong here, but I don't see the team moving Phillips into a starting spot at LB esp since he hasn't had the reps there in the preseason. Phillips seems entrenched as a rotational player behind Wolfe and Ayers at DE.

jurb26 said:
Irving has been playing sam behind Von thus far in preseason. I could definitely be wrong here, but I don't see the team moving Phillips into a starting spot at LB esp since he hasn't had the reps there in the preseason. Phillips seems entrenched as a rotational player behind Wolfe and Ayers at DE.
Yep, I realize that. Just know I can't comment on what's happening at practice now that it's closed to the public. Let's just say we haven't seen a lot from Irving recently.

The preseason will be huge for both players. Keeping Shaun as a part time player would be best in my opinion. In order to do that we'd have to see Irving impress in his role at SLB.

jurb26 said:
Yep, I realize that. Just know I can't comment on what's happening at practice now that it's closed to the public. Let's just say we haven't seen a lot from Irving recently.

The preseason will be huge for both players. Keeping Shaun as a part time player would be best in my opinion. In order to do that we'd have to see Irving impress in his role at SLB.
ah, got it. thanks for the updates. :thumbup:

Heya Cecil... you hearing anything on what they hope/plan to do with Anderson? SSOG (Adam) mentioned he's hearing that he's got a legit shot at the 53 man roster as the Broncs don't want him to hit the WW. You get the same feeling?

Heya Cecil... you hearing anything on what they hope/plan to do with Anderson? SSOG (Adam) mentioned he's hearing that he's got a legit shot at the 53 man roster as the Broncs don't want him to hit the WW. You get the same feeling?
I'd like to know where he heard that from.

Anderson is bound for the PS most likely. They'll cut him and take the chance nobody grabs him. The guy looked good in the first week of the preseason and got hurt after that. There are some at the facility who think they'll be able to sneak him through. We shall see!

Hey Cecil, thanks again for the great work this offseason. Any concerns that Osweiller has not translated those great training camp tidbits into a preseason game?

Users who are viewing this thread