What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Motorcycleguys...what are you riding? (1 Viewer)

1983 Honda CB 1000 Custom

Bought it two yeas ago w/less then 6k miles. Got it running and broke it down over the winter,

This is what it will look similar to when I'm done....

Gorgeous
That is bad a## Steady, cafe racer look. I have some mods coming up this winter....

Stage 2 jet kit

High flow air filter

Vance & Hines short shot black exhast

dropping the rear end 1 1/2 inches

Cats eye taillight, the whole big black lunch box on the back will be gone, will look like this when complete http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ34310?utm_source=PLAs&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=COXQ9PXh6bgCFUei4AodaWoA2g#

Last edited by a moderator:

Bought it two yeas ago w/less then 6k miles. Got it running and broke it down over the winter,

Gorgeous
That is bad a## Steady, cafe racer look
Thanks, you got a beauty too. After tearing this bike apart and putting it back together, I realize that my next bike will start from the frame only and go from there. Bikes are SOOOOOO EASY to work on you have to be a madman to buy a brand new $10,000+ bike.

Gorgeous
Thanks, you got a beauty too. After tearing this bike apart and putting it back together, I realize that my next bike will start from the frame only and go from there. Bikes are SOOOOOO EASY to work on you have to be a madman to buy a brand new $10,000+ bike.
What I'd like to do next is build a bobber from a Suzuki S40 with a kit from this site, my son would have a blast wrenching on this thing...

http://www.rycamotors.com/bikes/RR1/about/index.html

Gorgeous
What I'd like to do next is build a bobber from a Suzuki S40 with a kit from this site, my son would have a blast wrenching on this thing...

Jesus Christ they're expensive.

2007 Triumph Bonneville T100

This a stock pick. Mine has got solo seat, fly screen and lowered bars among many other things. Gives it a cafe look.

http://www.gulum.net/motor/resimler/Triumph__BonnevilleT100_2006_01_1024x768.jpg
Beautiful bike and funny because driving past a Triumph billboard with a Thruxton on it daily is what got me wanting a bike again...
I did speak too soon - the only bike I would buy is a Triumph. BEAUTIFUL bikes.

Nothing, as of today. Just sold my Harley. I was almost hit twice on the way home from work recently. One of those ran me completely off the road. Left me pretty jumpy. So much that I couldn't enjoy a ride anymore. Wish it didn't happen because I loved riding.

I sold my Triumph Speedmaster a couple years agoso so I could buy another bike. Things happen, I never got that next bike. :kicksrock:

Gorgeous

You think so? $2000 for the bobber kit didn't seem like out of line to me... :shrug:

This a stock pick. Mine has got solo seat, fly screen and lowered bars among many other things. Gives it a cafe look.

http://www.gulum.net/motor/resimler/Triumph__BonnevilleT100_2006_01_1024x768.jpg
Beautiful bike and funny because driving past a Triumph billboard with a Thruxton on it daily is what got me wanting a bike again...
Yes they are, my local Honda dealer just started selling them, hence the billboard. I prefer the Thruxton but the Bonneville is a bad ### machine as well...

Nothing, as of today. Just sold my Harley. I was almost hit twice on the way home from work recently. One of those ran me completely off the road. Left me pretty jumpy. So much that I couldn't enjoy a ride anymore. Wish it didn't happen because I loved riding.
Sorry to hear about that Mr Brownstone, but I understand why you would feel that way, totally sucks.

I love Triumphs. I started a thread a while back asking for help with bikes and Wooderson turned me onto Triumphs. 2 kids later and I still don't have one. But if and when I do, I'm getting a Triumph Scrambler

Just picked up my 2011 Harley Davidson Road King Classic in June of this year. Original owner put between $3k and $3.5k into it and rode it a total of 457 miles before trading it in for a smaller bike that fit them better. I have since put on 5,000 miles (1250 of it was the trip home to Minnesota from western Montana where I picked it up) and wow what a step up the 103 motor is from my my first bike, a Kawi Vulcan 900.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44282923@N06/9458952932/ (The 1,000 mile mark)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44282923@N06/9456171173/in/photostream/ (Better idea of the colors popping in the sun)

I was hesitant to buy a Harley because I didn't want to be lumped in with the "you might as well not be riding if you're not on a Harley" crowd, but I don't think I could be any happier with my decision. I strongly considered a 2013 Victory Crosstour, but in the end we fell in love with the color and classic look of the RoadKing...plus my then to-be (and now) father-in-law has 3 HDs...so it's a nice thing we can bond over.

Sorry to hear that man. Really hope I never feel that way, but it's completely understandable...since someone hit me in my car I've been extra careful in certain situations and it wouldn't surprise me if my hesitation some day leads to causing an accident. Life on a bike is just better...not looking forward to the snow flying and having to put her down for the winter.

Gorgeous
That is bad a## Steady, cafe racer look. I have some mods coming up this winter....

Stage 2 jet kit

High flow air filter

Cats eye taillight, the whole big black lunch box on the back will be gone, will look like this when complete http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ34310?utm_source=PLAs&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=COXQ9PXh6bgCFUei4AodaWoA2g#
Congrats man, looks like you're going to have some fun!

Just picked up my 2011 Harley Davidson Road King Classic in June of this year. Original owner put between $3k and $3.5k into it and rode it a total of 457 miles before trading it in for a smaller bike that fit them better. I have since put on 5,000 miles (1250 of it was the trip home to Minnesota from western Montana where I picked it up) and wow what a step up the 103 motor is from my my first bike, a Kawi Vulcan 900.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44282923@N06/9456171173/in/photostream/ (Better idea of the colors popping in the sun)

I was hesitant to buy a Harley because I didn't want to be lumped in with the "you might as well not be riding if you're not on a Harley" crowd, but I don't think I could be any happier with my decision. I strongly considered a 2013 Victory Crosstour, but in the end we fell in love with the color and classic look of the RoadKing...plus my then to-be (and now) father-in-law has 3 HDs...so it's a nice thing we can bond over.
Absolutely beautiful bike bro

Gorgeous

You think so? $2000 for the bobber kit didn't seem like out of line to me... :shrug:
I'm just a DIY'er cheap *******.

Gorgeous

Stage 2 jet kit

High flow air filter

Congrats man, looks like you're going to have some fun!
Thanks man! The bike is a 2008 and had 6500 miles on it when I got it, paid $2800 cash which is robbery, they bought a boat and wanted the bike gone. Runs real good for a 750, but keeping up with my buddies on a 1200cc Harley is a challenge, but it rides so smooth I just love it.

Gorgeous

I'm just a DIY'er cheap *******.
I'm not about blowing tons of cash just for the sake of it, but no welding is a requirement for me, if there is a cheaper way please let me know... :thumbup:

Thanks, I/we love it...but then again, I loved my first bike too. The day I started riding my first bike to work changed my life...it's easy to get out of bed when you're excited to drive to work, and after an exhausting day it's a nice pick me up to have the wind in my face and have to be on alert for anything that will end me instead of just mindlessly driving a car home. Instead of being someone who hit the snooze for an hour+ in the mornings and napped after work 1/2 the days, I'm now a morning person who's still got the energy to live life after work.

I'm definitely one of those madmen that Steadymobbin thinks is nuts for spending so much on a bike, but I don't regret it one bit for the life, enjoyment, freedom, and range my roadking provides. I have been doing more and more of my own maintenance/upgrades as my toolset and comfort grows, but not everyone has the tools, mechanical aptitude, money, and time to buy a project. I love riding and I want to understand every bit about bikes, but I've also got other things I love to do. Maybe one day I'll add a project bike to the garage, it would be pretty cool to ride around on something I built.

Don't have time to post pics right now, can later, but had a 1998 Honda Valkryie, but now ride a 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom. Loved the Valk, but upgrading to the Glide has been awesome. Have put over 1000 miles on her in just a couple of weeks. :thumbup:

Thanks, I/we love it...but then again, I loved my first bike too. The day I started riding my first bike to work changed my life...it's easy to get out of bed when you're excited to drive to work, and after an exhausting day it's a nice pick me up to have the wind in my face and have to be on alert for anything that will end me instead of just mindlessly driving a car home. Instead of being someone who hit the snooze for an hour+ in the mornings and napped after work 1/2 the days, I'm now a morning person who's still got the energy to live life after work.

I'm definitely one of those madmen that Steadymobbin thinks is nuts for spending so much on a bike, but I don't regret it one bit for the life, enjoyment, freedom, and range my roadking provides. I have been doing more and more of my own maintenance/upgrades as my toolset and comfort grows, but not everyone has the tools, mechanical aptitude, money, and time to buy a project. I love riding and I want to understand every bit about bikes, but I've also got other things I love to do. Maybe one day I'll add a project bike to the garage, it would be pretty cool to ride around on something I built.
I have to agree with you on the riding to work aspect, when you have a mindless 50-60 minute drive it sucks, but not on a bike, it's pretty awesome... :thumbup:

Don't have time to post pics right now, can later, but had a 1998 Honda Valkryie, but now ride a 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom. Loved the Valk, but upgrading to the Glide has been awesome. Have put over 1000 miles on her in just a couple of weeks. :thumbup:
I've had about 500 miles the last few weeks, would have been more if not for all the rain in W. PA :hot:

Post your pics when you get a chance... :popcorn:

2004 BMW R1200 C Montauk. Has about 21K miles on it, mostly from me since I bought it in 2009

Annyong said:
STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I love Triumphs. I started a thread a while back asking for help with bikes and Wooderson turned me onto Triumphs. 2 kids later and I still don't have one. But if and when I do, I'm getting a Triumph Scrambler
I've had a few bikes and the Bonneville is by far my favorite. Not a ride goes by where I don't hear "nice bike" "what year is that" puts a smile on your face when someone admires your bike.

The Bonneville, Scrambler and Thruxton same blood lines and all awesome bikes. I honestly can't say which I like better. Probably why I have the Bonneville and have customized it to look more like the other two. My 07 was the last year made with carbs and made in UK. I think that's pretty cool.

Going to get lunch now might as well go to Hinckley out. :)

I had a 1989 YZ125 with a sweet flaming eyeball sticker on the gas tank. I almost killed myself on that thing when i was in highschool.

Gorgeous
I like the first picture better. I'm not a fan of the low handlebars where your crouched forward like you're riding a crotch rocket.
Yea, I agree with you on that aspect. I'm ordering some euro bars instead of Clubmans/Clip ons you see there.

Miss my flhrci already. Love the color combo, odd fairing, what a beautiful bike. Brings back memories....Congrats on the awesome new ride

Miss my flhrci already. Love the color combo, odd fairing, what a beautiful bike. Brings back memories....Congrats on the awesome new ride
Agreed, I planned on taking them off after the maiden voyage home...but functionality has won out over looks. The wind/bug resistance they provide is nice...but the easily accessible storage they provide is awesome...spare gloves, a stocking cap, bandana...or what's really nice is being able to put a bottle of water in it that I can get to while riding for those long trips.

Was a nice crisp 55 degrees this morning, 75 MPH at that temp will wake you up quick!

Agreed, I planned on taking them off after the maiden voyage home...but functionality has won out over looks. The wind/bug resistance they provide is nice...but the easily accessible storage they provide is awesome...spare gloves, a stocking cap, bandana...or what's really nice is being able to put a bottle of water in it that I can get to while riding for those long trips.

Was a nice crisp 55 degrees this morning, 75 MPH at that temp will wake you up quick!
I used to wedge a bottle of water between the handlebars and windshield. Only once did I lose it :lol:

I've always liked cycleforums.com

not a big bike guy, but I keep a ksaki Vulcan 500 to hack around some side roads. it's a 2002 with under 3k miles.

Say I wanted to learn about motorcycles, specifically HD, where should I start?
http://www.hdforums.com/ is an awesome resource for Harley. Any question you have has likely already been asked there many times. Try a google search of a question you want answered and odds are it will show you a couple threads from HDForums.

Keep in mind though that any bike specific forum will be bigger proponents of their maker/model than anywhere else...they're on that forum for a reason, because they bought that bike. If you go to a Yamaha or Kawi forum you'll no doubt find an overwhelming number of people that make a convincing argument for their bike over any other (and hate HD).

Do not buy into the B.S. that a bike not made by Harley is not a real bike. Yeah, I ride a Harley Roadking Classic, but I chose mine mostly based on looks and the number of aftermarket parts available to make it my own. I strongly considered a Victory and a Kawasaki...Yamaha, BMW, and Indian are also getting lots of attention in certain segments for good reason.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions..or I'm sure people here will be happy to help. I've only been riding for 2 years and before that had zero desire to ever ride a bike let alone own one, so I remember what it's like to feel lost on where to start.

http://www.hdforums.com/ is an awesome resource for Harley. Any question you have has likely already been asked there many times. Try a google search of a question you want answered and odds are it will show you a couple threads from HDForums.

Keep in mind though that any bike specific forum will be bigger proponents of their maker/model than anywhere else...they're on that forum for a reason, because they bought that bike. If you go to a Yamaha or Kawi forum you'll no doubt find an overwhelming number of people that make a convincing argument for their bike over any other (and hate HD).

Do not buy into the B.S. that a bike not made by Harley is not a real bike. Yeah, I ride a Harley Roadking Classic, but I chose mine mostly based on looks and the number of aftermarket parts available to make it my own. I strongly considered a Victory and a Kawasaki...Yamaha, BMW, and Indian are also getting lots of attention in certain segments for good reason.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions..or I'm sure people here will be happy to help. I've only been riding for 2 years and before that had zero desire to ever ride a bike let alone own one, so I remember what it's like to feel lost on where to start.
That is the best Harley forum on the web for sure

Users who are viewing this thread