What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Super Bowl Prediction Thread*** ... let's hear it (1 Viewer)

Raider Nation

Devil's Advocate
Broncos 24

Seahawks 34

*Edited the post only because the title was screwed up. I won't change this prediction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Denver > Green Bay

I see Denver as a pretty clear favorite in the AFC. Lots of contenders in the NFC. Seattle, SF, Green Bay, Atlanta.

When in doubt, pick the team with the best QB. Plus, Green Bay has basically had no running game the past two seasons. If Lacy is even halfway good they will be a lot tougher to stop.

Denver > Green Bay

I see Denver as a pretty clear favorite in the AFC. Lots of contenders in the NFC. Seattle, SF, Green Bay, Atlanta.

When in doubt, pick the team with the best QB. Plus, Green Bay has basically had no running game the past two seasons. If Lacy is even halfway good they will be a lot tougher to stop.
Not worried about their swiss cheese O-line?

See what I did there?

Denver > Green Bay

Not worried about their swiss cheese O-line?

See what I did there?
Only the cardinals gave up more sacks last year. That would concern me.

SB is really hard to pick considering the best teams through the year often don't make it there. How about Bengals(I have money on them) and the Giants?

Blaine Gabbert saves his best for last after a MVP season and leads the Jags on a game winning TD+ 2pc drive over Chip Kelly's Eagles. *The crowd goes wild*

30 degrees and cloudy with a 90% chance of snow flurries in the second half.

Gotta have two cold weather teams make it.

Eli does it again in the final minute.

Giants-27

Broncos-23

Giants-27

Broncos-23
Could be even worse than that. Maybe we should start posting some lower scores in these predictions. :oldunsure:

LEWISTON, Maine -- The Farmers' Almanac is using words like "piercing cold," "bitterly cold" and "biting cold" to describe the upcoming winter. And if its predictions are right, the first outdoor Super Bowl in years will be a messy "Storm Bowl."The 197-year-old publication that hits newsstands Monday predicts a winter storm will hit the Northeast around the time the Super Bowl is played at MetLife Stadium in the Meadowlands in New Jersey. It also predicts a colder-than-normal winter for two-thirds of the country and heavy snowfall in the Midwest, Great Lakes and New England.

"We're using a very strong four-letter word to describe this winter, which is C-O-L-D. It's going to be very cold," said Sandi Duncan, managing editor.

Last year, the forecast called for cold weather for the eastern and central U.S. with milder temperatures west of the Great Lakes. It started just the opposite but ended up that way.

Caleb Weatherbee, the publication's elusive prognosticator, said he was off by only a couple of days on two of the season's biggest storms: a February blizzard that paralyzed the Northeast with 3 feet of snow in some places and a sloppy storm the day before spring's arrival that buried parts of New England.

Readers who put stock in the almanac's forecasts may do well to stock up on long johns, especially if they're lucky enough to get tickets to the Super Bowl on Feb. 2. The first Super Bowl held outdoors in a cold-weather environment could be both super cold and super messy, with a big storm due Feb. 1 to 3, the almanac says.

Said Duncan: "It really looks like the Super Bowl may be the Storm Bowl."

Chargers 38

Packers 31

I still have a shred of faith prior to the real games starting :pickle:

Rivers finally gets that MVP.

More :hawk: predictions -

1. 49ers and Ravens both miss the playoffs.

2. NE is the lowest seeded AFC division winner.

3. Three teams from the NFC South go to the playoffs.

4. Despite #3, the NFC Championship game is the Giants at Seattle. The Giants get hot toward the end of the season and every expects them to put away Seattle like they did GB at Lambeau during the first Eli SB win, but it doesn't happen. Seattle pulls out a close win.

AFCC: NE @ HOU

NFCC: SEA @ NO

SB: Saints (19) vs Texans (16), FG fest by two dome teams playing on an icey wet field.

Giants-27

Broncos-23
Could be even worse than that. Maybe we should start posting some lower scores in these predictions. :oldunsure:

LEWISTON, Maine -- The Farmers' Almanac is using words like "piercing cold," "bitterly cold" and "biting cold" to describe the upcoming winter. And if its predictions are right, the first outdoor Super Bowl in years will be a messy "Storm Bowl."The 197-year-old publication that hits newsstands Monday predicts a winter storm will hit the Northeast around the time the Super Bowl is played at MetLife Stadium in the Meadowlands in New Jersey. It also predicts a colder-than-normal winter for two-thirds of the country and heavy snowfall in the Midwest, Great Lakes and New England.

"We're using a very strong four-letter word to describe this winter, which is C-O-L-D. It's going to be very cold," said Sandi Duncan, managing editor.

Last year, the forecast called for cold weather for the eastern and central U.S. with milder temperatures west of the Great Lakes. It started just the opposite but ended up that way.

Caleb Weatherbee, the publication's elusive prognosticator, said he was off by only a couple of days on two of the season's biggest storms: a February blizzard that paralyzed the Northeast with 3 feet of snow in some places and a sloppy storm the day before spring's arrival that buried parts of New England.

Readers who put stock in the almanac's forecasts may do well to stock up on long johns, especially if they're lucky enough to get tickets to the Super Bowl on Feb. 2. The first Super Bowl held outdoors in a cold-weather environment could be both super cold and super messy, with a big storm due Feb. 1 to 3, the almanac says.

Said Duncan: "It really looks like the Super Bowl may be the Storm Bowl."
History shows that snow doesn't impede an offense as much as wind does. I don't think snow or even ice will keep the score down. If the infamous "hawk" wind is blowing that day,then the score will be low. Most QB's struggle in windy conditions. Phil Simms was one of the few who mastered throwing in the wind,maybe because he had to many times at The Meadowlands late in the season. Some snow might be a bit uncomfortable for the high rollers sitting in the stadium,but for us peons watching at home it would be great. imop.

Users who are viewing this thread