What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anybody buying on Andre Johnson? (1 Viewer)

I am not going to be surprised if his targets go down.

I don't think he's lost enough of a step to stop him from being top ten, even top 3 or 4. But I think Hopkins will be a legitimate second target that will lessen some of Schaub forcing it to AJ. But I don't know that Hopkins will be enough threat that teams would lessen coverage on AJ to shift it towards Hopkins all that much. Maybe not cheat quite as much as they would have with Kevin Walter, but they'll still focus on stopping AJ and the running game I imagine.

Actually, the possible return of Devier Posey could open things up a bit too. He was starting to look like a decent WR3 before his injury. He'll be awhile getting back to where he was, but is off PUP now.
Posey is underated (not saying he is awesome but he contributes). I think if anything what this will do is make teams play a bit more honest and those catches that never had a chance of going the distance because AJ was constantly drawing help from over the top now have a chance for a couple to be long TDs. He's not electric like he was but he can still rumble and has more speed thatn what I think people generally aknowledge. I can see him trucking some DB and having a couple of extra 36 yarder type TDs this year.

The only cons for Andre are his tendency to get banged up and the fact he has to catch passes from Matt Schaub. Physically he is a complete beast and you will have trouble finding a player with better work ethic. That being said, I completely understand not having him in your top 5 WRs. I'm a homer and I probably don't take him top 5.

I am not going to be surprised if his targets go down.

I don't think he's lost enough of a step to stop him from being top ten, even top 3 or 4. But I think Hopkins will be a legitimate second target that will lessen some of Schaub forcing it to AJ. But I don't know that Hopkins will be enough threat that teams would lessen coverage on AJ to shift it towards Hopkins all that much. Maybe not cheat quite as much as they would have with Kevin Walter, but they'll still focus on stopping AJ and the running game I imagine.

Actually, the possible return of Devier Posey could open things up a bit too. He was starting to look like a decent WR3 before his injury. He'll be awhile getting back to where he was, but is off PUP now.
Posey is underated (not saying he is awesome but he contributes). I think if anything what this will do is make teams play a bit more honest and those catches that never had a chance of going the distance because AJ was constantly drawing help from over the top now have a chance for a couple to be long TDs. He's not electric like he was but he can still rumble and has more speed thatn what I think people generally aknowledge. I can see him trucking some DB and having a couple of extra 36 yarder type TDs this year.
I'm wary of guys coming off achilles injuries. If he's ever a factor again, I suspect it'll be 2014. But it is still amazing that he's back after just 7 months: http://www.csnhouston.com/football-houston-texans/talk/after-7-month-recovery-posey-returns

7/131 in the first half today
Yeah but thats not elite numbers. AJ can't be elite the bus is full, or should I say I heard that from a fool.
Take the high road.Bill. Most people recognize that AJ was an elite fantasy WR last year and has the very realistic potential to be elite again this year. However, I'd agree that he's not being drafted as such. Last night I got him in the mid 4th round of a 12 team non-PPR league after the likes of Cobb, White, Cruz, Bowe, and Lacy.

Did Hopkins even play today? Wondering if AJ's numbers were higher because Hopkins didn't play.
Or were they low because all of the coverage was devoted to him.....
LOL

He easily has 4 more good years ahead of him. He keeps himself in great football shape. If TO can put up 1000 yards at 35, so can Andre if he wants to. He is limited by Kubiak's v-gina. Put him with Cutler and he hits 1700+ yards.

I did sell him for Leveon Bell this year however.
What would be other comparable Dynasty values for him?

Hopkins is still in stage 1 of the concussion protocol which has 5 stages. Didn't play.

I would say Hopkins being out helps AJ's targets. Might hurt his ypr but that's harder to say until we see how defenses adjust to Hopkins presence.

Got him at 3.12 which I think is about right. Paired him with White. Passed up Cruz/VJax/Cobb/Welker and hoping I didn't make a mistake

Hopkins is still in stage 1 of the concussion protocol which has 5 stages. Didn't play.

I would say Hopkins being out helps AJ's targets. Might hurt his ypr but that's harder to say until we see how defenses adjust to Hopkins presence.
Still in stage 1? That's the first stage, correct? I wonder if it is an unordinarily long time to leave this stage.

Still in stage 1? That's the first stage, correct? I wonder if it is an unordinarily long time to leave this stage.
When I was looking for info on the concussion protocol, I came across this quote from a highly regarded doctor in the field: "If you've seen one concussion, you’ve seen one concussion.” In other words, concussions are all different.

I don't think it's unusually long. There are guys who go weeks and months before recovering. If I remember right, they can do physical activity, limited to 70% of normal exercise heart rate, but can't practice. I also seem to recall someone (Kubiak probably) who said it's the longest stage and that someone can progress through the latter ones very quickly.

Got him at 4.05 in 12 team no ppr. Went McCoy, MJD, Marshall and Johnson. Passed on White and Cobb at that point for Johnson.

When I was looking for info on the concussion protocol, I came across this quote from a highly regarded doctor in the field: "If you've seen one concussion, you’ve seen one concussion.” In other words, concussions are all different.

I don't think it's unusually long. There are guys who go weeks and months before recovering. If I remember right, they can do physical activity, limited to 70% of normal exercise heart rate, but can't practice. I also seem to recall someone (Kubiak probably) who said it's the longest stage and that someone can progress through the latter ones very quickly.
As evidenced by Hopkins having gone from stage 1 to now being completely cleared to play in 2 days.

Greg Russell said:

As evidenced by Hopkins having gone from stage 1 to now being completely cleared to play in 2 days.
Cool. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread