What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Calvin Johnson [Q] - WR, DET - 1:00 P.M. - OUT (1 Viewer)

Just heard it on a Lions pregame talk show as well.....

o no we suk again...

dammit....

:kicksrock: :kicksrock: :kicksrock: :kicksrock: :kicksrock: :kicksrock:

peace

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who have a good #2 and are thinking benching Stafford:

Over/under on the game is up a half a point versus early this morning

dumb question--but could this make joique a play this week? I'm thinking that both him and bush have wr abilities--so what is the shark pools thoughts on the impact this has on him?

Not sure on Stafford now, but sticking to the never sit your studs theory ...Cutler and Pryor are other choice

I like Broyles to fill in big time today

Any love for Broyles now?
Can someone explain why Broyles gets 80% of the publicity while Durham gets more snaps and targets?
Because I have Broyles stashed deep on my bench? :shrug: Thought it might be a good spot start over a guy like Givens, didnt mean to upset you. ;)
wasnt really pointing at you! : ) ....more at the FF community in general where relatively few seemed to notice Durham's snap% last week.

Over/under firming up even more to the OVER. It's now 55 -115 instead of the standard -110.

Over/under firming up even more to the OVER. It's now 55 -115 instead of the standard -110.
Isn't this because money is suddenly flooding in on the UNDER side due to Calvin, and the line has to adjust to keep the money roughly 50/50?

I think if you're assuming more points are somehow going to be scored in this game because the best WR in the league is not playing, you're looking at it wrong.

dumb question--but could this make joique a play this week? I'm thinking that both him and bush have wr abilities--so what is the shark pools thoughts on the impact this has on him?
It isn't a dumb question, and yes Bell should be in. He's already making a big contribution nearly every game.

It isn't a dumb question, and yes Bell should be in. He's already making a big contribution nearly every game.
Thank you--I was thinking this--in non-ppr-- I have a choice between him, amendola, bowe, and royal--and the calvin news kinda made me lean his way--and I thought that maybe I was getting too cute. With your response--I feel a bit more confident now.

Isn't this because money is suddenly flooding in on the UNDER side due to Calvin, and the line has to adjust to keep the money roughly 50/50?

I think if you're assuming more points are somehow going to be scored in this game because the best WR in the league is not playing, you're looking at it wrong.
...not looking at it that way, just observing this important piece of info. It's one of many sources of information on the affect of the news on the game for those considering benching Stafford or others with big picture decisions on the game.

btw, the thought that the line is meant to keep the money at 50/50 is a myth.

So, Durham is the replacement or what?
There is a separate thread below for this - really should just be injury stuff here sorry for my earlier post
Why do people want to be thread Nazis? This is a legitimate question of common interest directly tied to Calvin being injured and out. All the information we are going to get about Calvin being "out" we have. He is. All that matters now is what impact that has. Why shouldn't that be discussed in the remainder of the thread about that injury?

So, Durham is the replacement or what?
There is a separate thread below for this - really should just be injury stuff here sorry for my earlier post
Why do people want to be thread Nazis? This is a legitimate question of common interest directly tied to Calvin being injured and out. All the information we are going to get about Calvin being "out" we have. He is. All that matters now is what impact that has. Why shouldn't that be discussed in the remainder of the thread about that injury?
agreed, it-is-what-it-is for Mega.

Discussing the fallout here makes all the sense in the world vs starting new threads

and now the market catches up. Down to 53. A 2 pt drop.
Sigmund Bloom@SigmundBloom2m
Wilson, Luck, Kaepernick, Rivers, Eli, Bradford all move ahead of Stafford among others. Even Cutler/ASmith/Tanne Remember, Burleson out too

Before a player is declared active or inactive, or after he is declared active (but there's a question about whether he'll be limited), we try to keep these threads devoted exclusively to news about the situation, or professionally published analysis.

Once a player is declared out, I think it's fine for all of us to jump in with our own analysis. There won't be any more news, really.

Users who are viewing this thread