What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 New York Giants - WK10 Cruz announces season ending calf surgery (1 Viewer)

netnalp

Footballguy
Just renaming the 2014 thread to 2015 since the Gmen don't get much traffic in Football Guys

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giants free agents: Ranking the 30 players set to hit the market

by Jordan Raanan

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/12/giants_free_agents_ranking_the_30_players_set_to_hit_the_market.html

1. DT Linval Joseph
Undervalued defensive tackle is still just 25 years old and should be a big part of their future.

2. DE Justin Tuck
Still productive into his 30's. He was the Giants' only reliable DE this season.

3. LB Jon Beason
They were a totally different defense once Beason arrived from Carolina for a seventh-rounder -- a steal.
4. OG/C Kevin Boothe
The Giants’ best offensive lineman from start to finish this season.

5. WR Hakeem Nicks
Will be costly and is not producing at the same level he used to.

6. RB Andre Brown
The question is, based on past injuries, can the Giants trust his durability?

7. CB Terrell Thomas
Great comeback story. Played well as a physical slot corner this season.

8. CB Trumaine McBride
Proved he's at the very least a quality third cornerback.

9. TE Brandon Myers
Has come on late in the season, but didn’t provide the explosion the Giants were looking for at the position.

10. K Josh Brown
Has missed only two kicks all season.

11. S Stevie Brown
Starting-caliber player. But the Giants don’t have an available starting spot now.

12. LB Spencer Paysinger (restricted)
Contributes as a run-stuffing linebacker and selfless special-teamer.

13. FB Henry Hynoski (restricted)
John Conner's play could make him expendable.

14. CB Corey Webster
Just hasn't been able to stay healthy.

15. TE Bear Pascoe
Like what he brings to the table as a blocking tight end. Very useful skill.

16. LB Mark Herzlich (restricted)
Quality special teams player.

17. LB Keith Rivers
Hasn’t made much of an impact since his arrival.

18. C Jim Cordle (restricted)
Backup center is now coming off major knee surgery.

19. CB Aaron Ross
A 30-plus-year-old cornerback with a bad back.

20. S Ryan Mundy
Has played well when given the opportunity. But the Giants are deep at safety.

21. RB Peyton Hillis
Could return as veteran insurance in the backfield.

22. DT Mike Patterson
Patterson, 30, is still a decent rotational defensive tackle.

23. OL David Diehl
He was a good solider, had some really good years. But his better days are behind him.

24. QB Curtis Painter
It’s Ryan Nassib’s turn to hold the clipboard as the backup to Eli Manning.

25. DT Shaun Rogers
He’ll be 35 this offseason and is dealing with a knee problem.

26. WR Louis Murphy
Didn’t make any sort of impact this season.

27. OL Dallas Reynolds
Showed promise filling in vs. the Lions, but will be 30 this offseason.

28. OL Stephen Goodin
Couldn’t work his way up the depth chart this season.

29. WR Julian Talley
Active against the Lions for his first career game.

30. RB Brandon Jacobs
Knee problem likely has ended a very successful career.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like they'll have the 12th or 13th pick in the draft depending on tie breakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jernigan put on a good showing for the last 3 games. Just wanted to post that now before it's forgotten in the spring.

Also, no Giants player made the Pro Bowl for the 2013 season.

2014 Opponents

Home: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, Arizona, San Francisco, Houston, Indianapolis, Atlanta

Away: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, St. Louis, Seattle, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Detroit

:blackdot:

Giants really need to resign Joseph
I agree, really want him back. Some have written that the Giants can't afford him or that he's not worth his asking price. Sure the Giants could be set for a couple years with Jenkins, Patterson and Hankins. But with Joesph only 25, they'd be set for 8-10 years with Linval and Hankins.

Beason is important to re-sign too.

I'd like Nicks back but I think he wants to leave.

Tuck & Rolle showed they still had something. But this team is going to be looking for youth. The lack of quality young guys has hurt the team when aging starters went down. Guess it depends on Stevie Brown's recovery for Rolle.

Beatty's play this year was terrible. Fortunately, even though the Giants gave him a big contract, it wouldn't hurt the cap much if he needed to be cut after the 2014 season. So if he wants to stay and get paid he needs to play better.

Giants can open up a lot of cap room. It will be interesting because they've done a better job with FA recently. They just need to not overpay like they did with Baas.

hopefully Eli restructures...O line repair will help a host of issues on both sides of the ball. Dominate the clock, keep the D fresh, and most importantly protect Eli the golden goose. Agree on Joseph and Beason, hopefully Antrelle wants back in and I only want Tuck and Nicks on team friendly deals.

I think Tuck would agree to a team friendly deal

I expect Nicks to be gone, probably to the Panthers

According to Rotoworld:

The Newark Star-Ledger reports the Giants will fire offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride.

FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo chimes in by saying this is the "likely" scenario. This comes mere hours after owner John Mara called the team's offense "broken," adding that the Giants "can't go into next season with the same personnel." Gilbride, 62, has been with coach Tom Coughlin since 1995, dating all the way back to Coughlin's days with the Jaguars. ESPN Giants blogger believes Coughlin could choose to resign from the Giants if he's forced to fire his buddy, Gilbride.

According to Rotoworld:

The Newark Star-Ledger reports the Giants will fire offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride.

FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo chimes in by saying this is the "likely" scenario. This comes mere hours after owner John Mara called the team's offense "broken," adding that the Giants "can't go into next season with the same personnel." Gilbride, 62, has been with coach Tom Coughlin since 1995, dating all the way back to Coughlin's days with the Jaguars. ESPN Giants blogger believes Coughlin could choose to resign from the Giants if he's forced to fire his buddy, Gilbride.
I'd like Coughlin to stay but Gilbride needs to go. Gilbride's system has been near the top for yardage most years with the Giants. But the system is so complicated that it takes WRs and TEs a long time to learn it. Even once they do they have struggles at times to make the same read as the QB. I think it's possible that the reduction in practice time with the new CBA rules that it has also hindered the mastering of Gilbride's system.

It also takes too long to call plays. Every Giants fans is tired of defenses getting an advantage because Eli has only a second left on the play clock. So they know when the snap is coming.

Mara:

"I think our offense is broken right now, and we need to fix that," Mara said. "We can't go into next season with the same personnel."

He didn't explicitly mention Gilbride, though he made some other pointed comments that could have been directed at the offensive coaches, including, "I'm not sure why it took us three years to figure out that Jerrel Jernigan can play. Sometimes you have to put younger players in the game and give them a chance to fail, or succeed. It’s true not only of him but some other guys, too. It would have been nice if he had gotten in earlier. You know, that is not my decision" Mara spoke about the need to make the reconstruction of the offensive line the top offseason priority. And out of respect to Coughlin and the meetings they're all planning for later in the week, he declined to be specific about whether he expected or would demand coaching changes.

"I certainly have my opinion, and I'm sure Jerry has his and Tom has his," Mara said. "I'd like to think that, at the end of the day, we're all going to be on the same page. I don't think it will come to that."

One of the names likely to surface as a replacement is former Giants assistant Mike Sullivan, who was let go by the Bucs on Monday when they fired head coach Greg Schiano. Sullivan, the Giants' former quarterbacks coach, was Tampa Bay's offensive coordinator the previous two seasons.

"We obviously think very highly of him," Mara said.

-----------------------------------------------

I like that they are getting to work on the next season already. With how bad the season was they need to get to work now rather than taking some time off.

Looks like KillDrive is a goner. Possible replacement tutored Manning during his 2 best statistical years.

Sullivan previously served as the Giants' wide receivers coach, before moving to quarterbacks coach in 2010. His coaching was cited as a major reason for Eli Manning's success in 2010. Manning set franchise records with 339 completions and a 62.9 completion percentage, as well as his second season with over 4,000 yards, but also threw a career-high 25 interceptions.

He was also QB coach in 2011 when Eli cut it down to 16 INTs on 50 more attempts.

lod01 said:
Looks like KillDrive is a goner. Possible replacement tutored Manning during his 2 best statistical years.

Sullivan previously served as the Giants' wide receivers coach, before moving to quarterbacks coach in 2010. His coaching was cited as a major reason for Eli Manning's success in 2010. Manning set franchise records with 339 completions and a 62.9 completion percentage, as well as his second season with over 4,000 yards, but also threw a career-high 25 interceptions.

He was also QB coach in 2011 when Eli cut it down to 16 INTs on 50 more attempts.
Makes sense. Eli has about 5 more years in him. So with that small of a window, the teams probably doesn't want to go with a new system that is radically different. As that could entail having to draft players to fit a different scheme and then learning it. Better to take an approach like Denver did with Peyton. Figure out what Eli likes and tailor the offense to that.

Sure would like to see them have a functional screen game though.

I hope they keep the top 4 players on the OP's list but after that I am sure many will be replaced. What is their cap situation?

With all the contracts expiring the Giants will have $17.54 million of cap space. They could gain $14.7 million with certain moves:

Chris Snee cut/retires - frees up $7.25 million (adds $4.5 in dead money)

Brandon Myers - His contract is voidable freeing up $2.875 million (adds $1.125 million in dead money)

Corey Webster cut - saves $1 million (adds $1.25 million in dead money)

Cut Kiwanuka - frees up $1.8 million or if cut after June 1st $4.425 (post June 1st cut would split his $5.25 bonus between 2014 and 2015)

Cut Baas - Cut after June 1st frees up $5 million. (but adds to dead money in 2015), if cut before June 1st only $1.775 million is saved

Rolle (32) and Tuck (31) played well but at their age it's unsure if they'll be brought back. Tuck's contract is expiring. Rolle if released would save $7.25 Million. Rolle has said he'd be open to working out a deal. Rolle would be the bigger loss because it's still uncertain how Stevie Brown will come back from injury. Safety depth is a concern since Will Hill can't seem to stay out of trouble. Hill has been suspended twice and arrested once during his first two years in the league. If Tuck left then the Giants would have to find some DE depth with only JPP, Damonster, and Cullen Jenkins (he plays DT and DE) on the roster.

Eli will probably get an extension lowering his $20.4 million cap number.

@MikeGarafolo reported. Favorite to succeed him: former Giants asst and Bucs OC Mike Sullivan.

-------------------------------

I like it. He'd know what Eli likes and be able to install an offense that the team is fairly familiar with rather than a total revamp.

Glibride has "retired".
@MikeGarafolo reported. Favorite to succeed him: former Giants asst and Bucs OC Mike Sullivan.

I like it. He'd know what Eli likes and be able to install an offense that the team is fairly familiar with rather than a total revamp.
Thank goodness for the first, and from what I have heard, the second would be a good fit under the circumstances. In addition to the quoted info, the new OC should fit well with Eli's strength throwing deep in a balanced attack the builds off the run.

Now, if we only had a line so we have time to throw deep and can run to begin with.

Glibride has "retired".

Thank goodness for the first, and from what I have heard, the second would be a good fit under the circumstances. In addition to the quoted info, the new OC should fit well with Eli's strength throwing deep in a balanced attack the builds off the run.

Now, if we only had a line so we have time to throw deep and can run to begin with.
Eli did have his best years when Sullivan was his QB coach.

Some may point to how bad Tampa Bay was in 2013 but how much can you blame Sullivan for the train wreck that team was. He didn't have much to work with.

Glibride has "retired".

Eli did have his best years when Sullivan was his QB coach.

Some may point to how bad Tampa Bay was in 2013 but how much can you blame Sullivan for the train wreck that team was. He didn't have much to work with.
Yeah - I had to think to last year or the times when people actually thought Freeman was a decent QB (fantasy and otherwise) with future upside. The gameplan fits Eli and obviously they have a relationship.

IMO Rolle is too expensive and should be replaceable, whether it's a cheaper FA or a rookie or Brown or some combination. They can replace Rolle for probably less than half the price and get good enough production to make them not really miss him on the field, especially as a 32 year old.

IMO Rolle is too expensive and should be replaceable, whether it's a cheaper FA or a rookie or Brown or some combination. They can replace Rolle for probably less than half the price and get good enough production to make them not really miss him on the field, especially as a 32 year old.
Mundy might be a good enough backup and had cheap. Perhaps they take a look at how Kenny Phillips is recovering from his injuries, he should only cost the vet minimum.

Hopefully Rolle makes a deal to lower his number because that $7 million cap number is too much for one safety. He's good but not game-changer good.

Coughlin on Francesa:

Coughlin not ruling Pugh out of LT. Says he needs a good offseason and to put on 12-15 pounds.

Eli has said he'll restructure.

Three letters.....MJD
I don't think they need washed up RB @ a free agent price.

I'd much rather try to trade for Ingram if they could get him for a reasonable pick (4th rd) ... Think he'd be a perfect fit especially if Wilson comes back.

Tampa Bay was 32nd (last) yards per game and 30th (3rd to last) points per game ...Why the hell would any Giants fine be excited about getting statistically the worst OC in the NFL?

From Rotoworld:

Giants FS Will Hill could face a third drug suspension in as many seasons during 2014.
Hill was arrested on December 20 on a warrant related to being more than $9,000 behind on child support. The Newark-Star Ledger was recently informed that officers detected a strong odor of marijuana in the vehicle Hill was driving. Hill has served two separate four-game suspensions since he entered the league. The next, we believe, would be an eight-game ban. Some believe the Giants could release Hill, even after he had a breakout season in 2013.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
That would suck. He's young, cheap and showing talent. But I suppose at least they can make a decision before Rolle is let go. And before Hill gets a big contract. Could be they keep Hill for the coming season and then cut ties since he'll be a FA then. Even if nothing comes of the strong odor thing, the team can't trust him not to screw up again.

Three letters.....MJD

I'd much rather try to trade for Ingram if they could get him for a reasonable pick (4th rd) ... Think he'd be a perfect fit especially if Wilson comes back.
I don't think MJD is "washed up". He played this year off of an injury,on a lousy offensive team that had lousy QB's.he faced numbers in the box all season and still put up rushing numbers better that the G-man had.

Three letters.....MJD

I don't think MJD is "washed up". He played this year off of an injury,on a lousy offensive team that had lousy QB's.he faced numbers in the box all season and still put up rushing numbers better that the G-man had.
I think the Giants have so many holes that they can't afford to pay MJD what he'll want.

Giants need starters at both Guards, Center, possibly a OT, a LB, CB, TE and possibly Safety and DT if they lose starters there. Then they need WR, RB, and DE depth.

Three letters.....MJD

I think the Giants have so many holes that they can't afford to pay MJD what he'll want.

Giants need starters at both Guards, Center, possibly a OT, a LB, CB, TE and possibly Safety and DT if they lose starters there. Then they need WR, RB, and DE depth.
The Giants have also found some good production from the backfield without high picks (and their one high pick of late is a huge question mark, health and otherwise) or costly vets. No need to expend those resources for that position, imo.

Washington will interview Fewell on Monday.

LaCanfora CBS: Possible explanation as to the Fewell interview:

"Thus far, the Redskins have been applying an old philosophy that was long espoused by Raiders owner Al Davis -- Allen worked for Davis in Oakland -- which is to use a coaching interview process to accrue as much information for your team as possible. Particularly, among division rivals."

"Allen and owner Dan Snyder get to solicit ideas, potential other staff hires, and useful information about other organizations, as well as get free scouting reports on the Redskins’ roster from each candidate."-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe, but wouldn't they interview Dallas assistants too?

Washington will interview Fewell on Monday.

LaCanfora CBS: Possible explanation as to the Fewell interview:"Thus far, the Redskins have been applying an old philosophy that was long espoused by Raiders owner Al Davis -- Allen worked for Davis in Oakland -- which is to use a coaching interview process to accrue as much information for your team as possible. Particularly, among division rivals."

"Allen and owner Dan Snyder get to solicit ideas, potential other staff hires, and useful information about other organizations, as well as get free scouting reports on the Redskins’ roster from each candidate."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe, but wouldn't they interview Dallas assistants too?
No need to bring in a Dallas assistant ...just put a camera in front of Jerruah and he will tell you everything you want to know about the Cowboys

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/01/mike_sullivan_to_interview_with_giants_this_week_sources_say.html

Mike Sullivan to interview with Giants for offensive coordinator job this week, sources sayBy Jordan Raanan/NJ.com

A familiar face could be returning to the Giants. Former assistant coach Mike Sullivan will interview for the vacant offensive coordinator job on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week, multiple league sources told NJ.com and The Star-Ledger.

Offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride retired under heavy pressure last week after the Giants finished 28th in total offense. Sullivan was believed to be among the frontrunners for the position once Gilbride stepped aside.

Sullivan, 46, was previously the offensive coordinator for Greg Schiano with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He was relieved of his duties when Schiano was fired and Lovie Smith was hired last week.

Sullivan worked for coach Tom Coughlin in Jacksonville and with the Giants. He started as a quality control assistant in Jacksonville before serving as the Giants’ wide receivers coach (2004-09) and quarterbacks coach (2010-11).

With strong relationships with Coughlin, quarterback Eli Manning and the Giants organization, it was expected that Sullivan would be in the mix. Manning threw 31 and 29 TD passes in the two seasons with Sullivan as his QB coach, the two highest outputs of his career.

"We obviously think very highly of him," Giants owner John Mara said last week about Sullivan, who recently interviewed for the Army head coaching vacancy.

With Sullivan as their offensive coordinator, the Bucs finished dead last in total offense this season. They were ninth in 2012.

do everything you can to trade up in the first round to select Tre Mason. forget the David Wilson/Andre Brown nonsense..

do everything you can to trade up in the first round to select Tre Mason. forget the David Wilson/Andre Brown nonsense..
This is silly

1st the Giants have much more important issues than RB

2nd The Giants have the 12th pick in the draft …I’m pretty sure they won’t have to trade up to take a RB if that is the direction they want to go in

With all the contracts expiring the Giants will have $17.54 million of cap space. They could gain $14.7 million with certain moves:

Brandon Myers - His contract is voidable freeing up $2.875 million (adds $1.125 million in dead money)

Cut Kiwanuka - frees up $1.8 million or if cut after June 1st $4.425 (post June 1st cut would split his $5.25 bonus between 2014 and 2015)

Cut Baas - Cut after June 1st frees up $5 million. (but adds to dead money in 2015), if cut before June 1st only $1.775 million is saved

Rolle (32) and Tuck (31) played well but at their age it's unsure if they'll be brought back. Tuck's contract is expiring. Rolle if released would save $7.25 Million. Rolle has said he'd be open to working out a deal. Rolle would be the bigger loss because it's still uncertain how Stevie Brown will come back from injury. Safety depth is a concern since Will Hill can't seem to stay out of trouble. Hill has been suspended twice and arrested once during his first two years in the league. If Tuck left then the Giants would have to find some DE depth with only JPP, Damonster, and Cullen Jenkins (he plays DT and DE) on the roster.

I think Antrelle has his eyes on a bigger prize and he's a media star in waiting if you ask me and that bread is best buttered in NYC. I hope that makes a team friendly deal possible.

I think Antrelle has his eyes on a bigger prize and he's a media star in waiting if you ask me and that bread is best buttered in NYC. I hope that makes a team friendly deal possible.
I hope so too. But I thought that about Martellus Bennett, who wanted to publish kids books. NY is the home for a lot of publishers.

Rolle has said he wants to stay and is willing to work with the team to have a more cap friendly number. So there's some hope he stays.

Yenrub said:
Tanner9919 said:
This is silly

2nd The Giants have the 12th pick in the draft …I’m pretty sure they won’t have to trade up to take a RB if that is the direction they want to go in
Agree they are not going take a RB with the 12th pick and they shouldn't.

But they do have big RB issues. If Wilson doesn't come back they have "0" to start with.

Andre Brown is terrible and he proved it ... I'd much rather go with Hillis than Brown.

@RVacchianoNYDN 8m
Giants signed 5 players today: TE Daniel Fells, WR Preston Parker, LB Spencer Adkins, OL Troy Kropog and K/P Brandon McManus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Fells very well could be the best TE on the roster.

Yenrub said:
Tanner9919 said:
This is silly

But they do have big RB issues. If Wilson doesn't come back they have "0" to start with.

Andre Brown is terrible and he proved it ... I'd much rather go with Hillis than Brown.
Word is the Giants like how well Brown played after coming back from his broken leg this season. He lead the team in rushing this season as well.

They might sign a vet like Greg Jennings. He'd be cheap.

That first pick will be either on defense, Oline or WR.

Yenrub said:
Tanner9919 said:
This is silly

Word is the Giants like how well Brown played after coming back from his broken leg this season. He lead the team in rushing this season as well.

Jeez please o-line unless there is tremendous d-line value.

I'd take a chance on brining back Hakeem over Jennings. At least he knows the system. I'm worried about Cruz though off a knee injury.

Three letters.....MJD

Giants have four centers, they do not need a center. They need to trade and/or convert to Guard and/or seek cap savings by cutting some.

Yenrub said:
Tanner9919 said:
This is silly

how hard he played, the effort and that he recovered well.

They're very concerned with their stable of RBs.

Yenrub said:
Tanner9919 said:
This is silly

Jeez please o-line unless there is tremendous d-line value.

I'd take a chance on brining back Hakeem over Jennings. At least he knows the system. I'm worried about Cruz though off a knee injury.
I made a mistake I meant RB Rashad Jennings not WR Greg Jennings.

Kevin Gilbride on NFL Radio:

@alexmarvez: Kevin Gilbride said @Giants offensive line injuries made it "impossible" for Eli Manning "to function" in 2013. (CONT)

@alexmarvez: Gilbride said @GIants o-line problems forced more 3-step drops & play-action passes rather than 5- to 7-step drops where Manning excels

@alexmarvez: Gilbride also said @GIants need outside WRs to perform better. Teams were too keyed in on Victor Cruz. "Bell-cow" RB needed as well

@alexmarvez: Gilbride said there is "no question" the @Giants will "bring in some people" at the tight end position i.e. a veteran signing.

@alexmarvez: Gilbride said Brandon Myers would be ideal No. 2 TE but @Giants ideally need bigger, faster player at position

Gilbride "We made the gamble that William Beatty was the guy at LT. There's no question he has the physical talent but toughness is the key"

@RVacchianoNYDN: Also, Gilbride praised Mike Sullivan, said he'd be a "good choice" to replace him, especially if Giants want "a seamless transition." #NYG

“In general, I think philosophically we just modified substantially what we normally do,” the recently-retired offensive coordinator told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Tuesday night. “We’ve been a dynamic, explosive, throw the ball down the field, let your guys go to a lot of vertical read type of stretch principals, and we had to abandon those. Those are the things that we’d done very well and allowed us to be in the top 10 offensively for a long time. You can’t do it because your quarterback would be on his back while you waited for those things to happen. You became much more conservative, much more three-step oriented, which was good for a while, but people, they’re smart on that (defensive) side of the ball and they identify fairly quickly what your weaknesses are and they realize what your adjustments have been, so they take those things away. When we had to expand what we wanted to do, that’s when our shortcomings manifested themselves.”

“Victor Cruz still played very well on the inside for us, but it became readily apparent to defenses that we weren’t playing as well with the outside receiver position,” he said. “That became an area that people just, they had no reservation about lining up just bump and run and getting an extra guy into the box, making it more difficult and challenging to run and forcing you to throw the ball vertically a little bit. You try to throw some three-step fades and fade stops, but they’re sitting on those things.”

“I think if the Giants can get the wideout position straightened out – the outside position, not the inside because between Victor Cruz and the emergence of Jerrel Jernigan at the end, that will help,” he said. “But there’s no question they’re gonna have to get a running back that can be the bell cow. I think we had hoped Andre Brown could be that person but he didn’t come back until about the 9th game, 10th game. It looked like he was gonna be that guy the first couple of games and then he was slowed by injury.

“But I would say the offensive line first and foremost has to be addressed,” Gilbride said with a slight chuckle. “I think Justin Pugh advanced and grew outside as a starter at the right tackle position, but they need another significant upgrade in the o-line and certainly some added depth.”

“We made the gamble that William Beatty would be the guy and he had played very well last year,” Gilbride said. “This year he did not have as good a year, he was much more inconsistent than he had been the year before. He was slowed by some problems and then of course he finished the year with a significant knee injury, so that remains to be seen how he recovers from that. I think there’s no question he has the physical skills to play the left tackle position. He has the skillset to match up speed-wise with anybody. I just think he’s gotta demonstrate again the commitment and the toughness that you have to have on a play-in and play-out basis. There’s no question in my mind he has the physical talent, it’s just a matter of making his consistency be at the level it needs to be.”

Three letters.....MJD

Giants have four centers, they do not need a center. They need to trade and/or convert to Guard and/or seek cap savings by cutting some.
Baas sucks and is always hurt. Cordle is terrible. Boothe isn't starter quality, just a good backup. Dallas Reynolds is on the roster due to all the injuries. He was released once and brought back. I doubt they want him starting next year.

Three letters.....MJD

Baas sucks and is always hurt. Cordle is terrible. Boothe isn't starter quality, just a good backup. Dallas Reynolds is on the roster due to all the injuries. He was released once and brought back. I doubt they want him starting next year.
I am very concerned they have a terrible line that Diehl and Snee made look far better than fans imagined even when they played poorly the last couple years. (This won't happen in one year--->) I think it's possible 2014 is the start of a whole new OL, all five.

I think they need Munchak. Throw a lot of money at him to coach the OL and even if he doesn't take it, maybe a name OL coach inquires since they offered so much. Today, I don't see how they do well in 2014 without some coach being brilliant with the linemen. There's a whole offseason of moves ahead so we shall see, today it's extremely concerning.

Three letters.....MJD
I don't think they need washed up RB @ a free agent price. I'd much rather try to trade for Ingram if they could get him for a reasonable pick (4th rd) ... Think he'd be a perfect fit especially if Wilson comes back.
I think the Giants have so many holes that they can't afford to pay MJD what he'll want.Giants need starters at both Guards, Center, possibly a OT, a LB, CB, TE and possibly Safety and DT if they lose starters there. Then they need WR, RB, and DE depth.
I am very concerned they have a terrible line that Diehl and Snee made look far better than fans imagined even when they played poorly the last couple years. (This won't happen in one year--->) I think it's possible 2014 is the start of a whole new OL, all five. I think they need Munchak. Throw a lot of money at him to coach the OL and even if he doesn't take it, maybe a name OL coach inquires since they offered so much. Today, I don't see how they do well in 2014 without some coach being brilliant with the linemen. There's a whole offseason of moves ahead so we shall see, today it's extremely concerning.
Pat Flaherty is one of the best OL coaches in football. It has nothing to do with him, it has everything to do with the lack of talent and old age. If you have 4 centers, you have no centers. Pugh and Boothe are the only ones safe and everyone else needs to be re-evaluated. Pope is also the best TE coach in the game. Once again it has everything to do with the talent they have at the position. Meyers is undersized compared to what they've had over the years and he couldn't block me. To me, the line is the top priority of the offseason and everything else will fall into place.

Users who are viewing this thread