What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Rookie 1.05 (Post Combine) (1 Viewer)

Who is rookie pick 1.05 in Start 2 QB Scoring?

• QB Derek Carr

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • QB Jimmy Garoppolo

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • QB Zach Mettenberger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • QB A.J. McCarron

• RB Carlos Hyde

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • RB Bishop Sankey

• RB Lache Seastrunk

• RB Tre Mason

• RB Jeremy Hill

• WR Marqise Lee

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • WR Mike Evans

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • WR Odell Beckham Jr.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • TE Eric Ebron

• Other

• Don't play - No vote

Votes: 43 43.0%

• Total voters

Faust

MVP
2014 Rookie 1.01 (Post Combine)

2014 Rookie 1.02 (Post Combine)

2014 Rookie 1.03 (Post Combine)

2014 Rookie 1.04 (Post Combine)Standard Scoring

1.01 WR Sammy Watkins (61%)

1.02 WR Mike Evans (41%)

1.03 RB Bishop Sankey (21%)

1.04 RB Carlos Hyde (30%)

PPR Scoring

1.01 WR Sammy Watkins (85%)

1.02 WR Mike Evans (57%)

1.03 WR Marqise Lee (37%)

1.04 RB Bishop Sankey (21%)

Start 2 QB Scoring

1.01 QB Teddy Bridgewater (32%)

1.02 QB Johnny Manziel (31%)

1.03 QB Blake Bortles (34%)

1.04 WR Sammy Watkins (39%)

OMG I would love if the top 5 in PPR drafts go like this.

Watkins

Evans

Lee

Sankey

Hyde
What rookie pick(s) do you hold?
2,5, and 10

I'm not done with my rankings at RB but Hyde is probably #1 for me. He was before the combine at least. Evans is my #1 WR. I doubt I get Hyde though. The team with the 3rd and 4th pick in the draft already has D. Thomas, Dez, A. Jeffery, and Steve Johnson at WR. I don't see him taking a WR he needs RB's. At this point I see him going Sankey and Hyde unless he trades out of one of those picks. So I'll most likely need to decide between Lee, Mason, or Seastrunk. I might trade out of the pick if it falls that way. I like Lee but I don't need him really and there is WR I like a lot more and one WR that I think is an equal prospect to Lee.

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly doubt that the 1st 3 picks in 2QB are the 3 QB's. There really isn't that much of a "premium" of QB's like everyone believes, or at least not to the degree people make it out to be unless you are in those 14+ team leagues. Both my dynasty leagues are 2QB (although only 10 teams) and we don't draft QB's with top picks unless they are premium players (ie Andrew Luck/RGIII). Even Cam went #5 overall in the 2011 class and he is a better prospect than all of these guys.

Luck and RGIII also went #2 and #3 in one of my leagues

I highly doubt that the 1st 3 picks in 2QB are the 3 QB's. There really isn't that much of a "premium" of QB's like everyone believes, or at least not to the degree people make it out to be unless you are in those 14+ team leagues. Both my dynasty leagues are 2QB (although only 10 teams) and we don't draft QB's with top picks unless they are premium players (ie Andrew Luck/RGIII). Even Cam went #5 overall in the 2011 class and he is a better prospect than all of these guys.

10 team leagues aren't comparable. Kind of fantasy-lite. Most leagues are 12.

My leagues are 10 yes, but the QB's slide a lot. EJ went 2.03/2.06, Geno 3.03/2.09, so even if 12 teams (standard right?) then they wouldn't be going that much higher than 10 teams. Maybe mid 1st and early 2nd instead? Definitely not 1.01, 1.02, 1.03

Great debate on the selection of QBs in the start 2 QB poll.

Just a few quick thoughts:

1. The QBs were selected 1-2-3 based on the votes from those who play in these formats, so clearly in some leagues they will be picked early.

2. The poll is intended for those leagues where you must start 2 QBs each week, not where the second QB is a flex option. In a 12 team league, that means that 24 QBs are starting each and every week. Injuries, bye weeks, and the annual churn at the position means that a third to half of the teams in these leagues will have less than ideal QBs to be competitive, and typically it is those teams who end up with the 1.01 to 1.06 rookie picks.

3. Each year the talent level at the QB position varies, and while there is no Andrew Luck type of prospect, it is highly likely that Bridgewater, Manziel, and Bortles will be picked by teams where they will either start Week 1 or at some point in time in their rookie seasons. The drop off to the second and third tier of QB prospects is quick, and I know some who have a philosophy that if they can't secure a top QB prospect, then they would rather struggle for a season and hope to secure a high pick the following season.

My leagues are 10 yes, but the QB's slide a lot. EJ went 2.03/2.06, Geno 3.03/2.09, so even if 12 teams (standard right?) then they wouldn't be going that much higher than 10 teams. Maybe mid 1st and early 2nd instead? Definitely not 1.01, 1.02, 1.03
You just can't count 10 teamers. That's like drinking Bud Light and saying you are drinking beer. Technically yes, but we all know it's not.

That's because there are only 10 teams. I think you are missing the math a little here.

That's because there are only 10 teams. I think you are missing the math a little here.
So in a 12 or 14 team league, you are saying QB's will jump up 15/18 or 25/21 picks (basically 2 full rounds)? Yeah that wouldn't happen. It isn't THAT much of a difference. Would they all likely go in the 1st round in a 12/14 team league, probably, I'm just saying it would not be 1.01, 1.02, and 1.03. There is no math to consider.

I'll make sure to post my rookie draft when the time comes and I would love to see any 12 team league (2QB of course) pick QB QB QB. Just won't happen unless 16 team or more.

Users who are viewing this thread