mr roboto

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16,777 posts
  • Joined 23-August 10
  • Interests:Dots (especially Blue and Orange) and Swedish Fish

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

MAC claimed the ONLY possibility was a bomb. That's a pretty strong stance to take. He kept at it even though there were many possible scenarios, one of which was his assertion of a bomb. Even if he turns out to be correct, his original stance was ridiculous.

Edited by mr roboto, 08 March 2014 - 09:21 AM.

Come on guys. He threw eight innings of one hit ball and needed someone to close it out for him. So what if the closer could have been a fifth grader?

#52 Cliff Clavin

Cliff Clavin

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,832 posts
  • Joined 08-December 09

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:49 AM

I'm here for news on the plane, not some silly tickle fight among internet posters.  I don't give a #### about your quarrel, so shut the #### up about it.

I agree with you about the in-fighting but you seriously come here for world news? If you see the posts here you can tell that no one has any facts or a clue about anything at any given time
Come to the FBG for news about something taking place in Asia? Why?

I don't mind catching certain pieces of news here... Breaking news threads aren't that bad until it turns political, then you've gotta chew through 27 pages for one legitimate update.
Topics like celebrity deaths are perfect example of news I get here. Usually doesn't cross over into political and I can get the key pieces of information in a short time, so no need for Google.
If this turns out to be terrorism, then this thread turns to endless debating and nonsense, then becomes impossible to follow, in which case nothing newsworthy can be found in here anymore.

Yep. This place is a good aggregator until the threads get chochet'ed.

I invented a crude Sybian around '91 using a hairbrush handle and record player. The chick would always say 33 was fine but the thing would get cranked to 78 within a minute or so.

Never listen to me. I don't know what I'm talking about.

#53 shadyridr

shadyridr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42,755 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:49 AM

Whats the big deal if that was his stance? Its not like he insulted anybody or made any low class jokes. Seriously, people need to get over themselves
Only morons read signatures

#54 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34,492 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:55 AM

The statement was very speculative and it was a bit silly to say only, but the point can be made without the i-lynching.

#55 KCitons

KCitons

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,906 posts
  • Joined 07-August 10

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:55 AM

Whats the big deal if that was his stance? Its not like he insulted anybody or made any low class jokes. Seriously, people need to get over themselves

Agreed.  It takes two people to have an argument. 

That's my Opinion and I'm sticking to it

#56 Christo

Christo

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55,012 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:58 AM

It's not a big deal. But neither is pointing it out. I just think it's funny how adamant he was about it. I also think it's funny that those who pointed it out are considered to be the foolish ones.

Thanks,

Christo

#57 fantasycurse42

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11,287 posts
  • Joined 24-October 08
  • Interests:Covering myself in Sex Panther - 60% of the time, it works every time.

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

I think a good rule of thumb should be:

All OP's that break news stories should update the OP with any updates... AZ Ron's thread about loaning a chick money is the perfect example. If news was tracked on here like that, I'd never need to search elsewhere.

So far we have a few pieces of info - The oil slicks ( he has) & the 2 passengers traveling with stolen passports.

I have over 10,000 profile views, as opposed to stars and likes, to my 13,000 posts. I know you're too stupid to really know stats, but that is a tangible stat that even you can't argue, since you contribute to it.

10,000 profile views without even trying. You know that that means? It means INTEREST. I don't even click on anyone's profiles either. 10,000 views to 13,000 posts. TEN THOUSAND VIEWS OF WHICH I GIVE NOTHING ON MY PROFILE.

Which you still click on.

10,700+ profile views, ya flaccid mope. Suck that. :lmao: :lmao:

#58 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34,492 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:11 AM

I think a good rule of thumb should be:

All OP's that break news stories should update the OP with any updates... AZ Ron's thread about loaning a chick money is the perfect example. If news was tracked on here like that, I'd never need to search elsewhere.

So far we have a few pieces of info - The oil slicks ( he has) & the 2 passengers traveling with stolen passports.

Yeah, AR is a real trailblazer in making thread updates. Em tried changing the title but that did not go over so well. Lead to too many hard deletes and no happy endings.

#59 Clifford

Clifford

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,834 posts
  • Joined 30-July 10

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

I'm here for news on the plane, not some silly tickle fight among internet posters.  I don't give a #### about your quarrel, so shut the #### up about it.

I think you are confusing this place with reuters.

Like most things I don't understand I wanted to punch its face.
-Binky the Doormat

Your constant hyperbole is ridiculous. You're to the FFA what Hitler was to Europe.
-Dr. Awesome

Some people learn by words, some people learn by consequences, some people can’t learn.
-Nick Saban

No one here seems to get its okay to be racist against white people

-johnjohn

#60 Smack Tripper

Smack Tripper

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,030 posts
  • Joined 28-May 04

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

What is this about debris washing up on shore
The smack is back!!

#61 matttyl

matttyl

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Joined 27-August 10

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:37 AM

No idea if true, but local rock station here in DC said that 2 people couldn't get on the flight as their passports were stolen and the airline wouldn't let them on.  Crazy.

#62 shadyridr

shadyridr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42,755 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

No idea if true, but local rock station here in DC said that 2 people couldn't get on the flight as their passports were stolen and the airline wouldn't let them on.  Crazy.

the report is actually two passengers who were thought to be on the flight (an austrian and italian) were actually both home. Their passports were stolen a few years ago. Usa thinking thats a possible flag for terrorism

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1715004

Edited by shadyridr, 08 March 2014 - 09:41 AM.

#63 Christo

Christo

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55,012 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

Sounds like a decent policy on its face if they have no other way to prove their identity.

Thanks,

Christo

#64 matttyl

matttyl

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Joined 27-August 10

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

the report is actually two passengers who were thought to be on the flight (an austrian and italian) were actually both home. Their passports were stolen a few years ago. Usa thinking thats a possible flag for terrorism

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1715004

Ah, thanks for the link.  That's what you get when a local rock station tried to give their spin on an international news story in the 10 seconds they have between songs.

#65 eoMMan

eoMMan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23,940 posts
  • Joined 17-November 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:48 AM

I would guess a bomb or something went off due to terrorism. If it was a mechanical failure, you would think the pilots would have been able to radio out before it went down.

#66 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34,492 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:49 AM

So now we are going to have an international database of lost or stolen passports. Seems like it would have been easy enough to flag these.

#67 Christo

Christo

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55,012 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:49 AM

I would guess a bomb or something went off due to terrorism. If it was a mechanical failure, you would think the pilots would have been able to radio out before it went down.

:lmao:

C'mon, you guys have got to give me this one.

Thanks,

Christo

#68 eoMMan

eoMMan

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23,940 posts
  • Joined 17-November 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

We can't speculate on the cause?

#69 Smack Tripper

Smack Tripper

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,030 posts
  • Joined 28-May 04

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

I'm calling faulty altimeter as the cause. Lack of debris leads me to believe it flew straight into the ocean like a dart and vanished as the plane failed to recognize the curve of the earth
The smack is back!!

#70 shadyridr

shadyridr

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42,755 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

We can't speculate on the cause?
you can today, not last night

#71 Flying V

Flying V

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,087 posts
  • Joined 20-June 05

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

You're entitled to nothing.

NOTHING!!!

#72 VA703

VA703

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,763 posts
  • Joined 28-March 12

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:06 AM

Two people on the plane that suddenly went missing were there using stolen passports?  Uhh...

previously on lost

First thing I thought of

#73 Mr. Retukes

Mr. Retukes

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,954 posts
  • Joined 16-February 09

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

I'm calling faulty altimeter as the cause. Lack of debris leads me to believe it flew straight into the ocean like a dart and vanished as the plane failed to recognize the curve of the earth

That's far less likely than a terrorist bomb simultaneously set off by two people from different countries who were both using stolen passports.

#74 FDAS

FDAS

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,049 posts
  • Joined 17-September 07

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

A lot of you should be banned.  The rest, shot.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, the role of Fat Drunk and Stupid will be played by FDAS until 8/12/2014.

#75 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34,492 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

That's far less likely than a terrorist bomb simultaneously set off by two people from different countries who were both using stolen passports.

The stolen passports were from different countries. The two actual terrorists could be from the same country. It could indicate the work of an organization which has cells throughout the world. Say someone like al Qaeda

#76 Jules Winnfield

Jules Winnfield

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,876 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

This wouldn't have happened if Liam Neeson was on that flight

Jules Winfield: "Nobody's gonna hurt anybody. We're gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like? Come on Yolanda what's Fonzie like?"

It bottles the mind. You know, what happens when your thoughts get all trapped up like in a bottle.
Pizza Delivery Guy explaining the meaning of the term mind-bottling

#77 Abraham

Abraham

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29,642 posts
  • Joined 11-April 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

A lot of you should be banned.  The rest, shot.

anyone lucky enough to draw double duty? :excited:

There's a science to walking through windows.

#78 DiStefano

DiStefano

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5,714 posts
  • Joined 12-August 10

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

Well, it was a fairly narrow stance, and most of the posters are in favor of a wide stance.

#79 StrikeS2k

StrikeS2k

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13,570 posts
  • Joined 15-July 06

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

The stolen passports were from different countries. The two actual terrorists could be from the same country. It could indicate the work of an organization which has cells throughout the world. Say someone like al Qaeda

Both passports were stolen in Thailand.

if we could actually get our health-care system across the board to hit the efficiency levels of a Kaiser Permanente or a Cleveland Clinic or a Mayo or a Geisinger, we actually would have solved our problems.

- Barack Hussein Obama to Time Magazine 8/10/09

I didn't make up numbers, I guessed

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

#80 Fennis

Fennis

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32,636 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

This wouldn't have happened if Liam Neeson was on that flight

spoiler tags please

#81 msommer

msommer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,609 posts
  • Joined 09-June 04

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

And the people using them would have to be able to pass as Christian and Mario....

And yes, I am the Mexican Don Johnson.

"The future is already here it's just not very evenly distributed" - William Gibson

#82 SacramentoBob

SacramentoBob

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18,575 posts
  • Joined 18-February 10
  • Interests:You know what I'm about.

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

And the people using them would have to be able to pass as Christian and Mario....

Possibility here.

She brought it hard on Friday and the dude just took it. 

#83 Jobber

Jobber

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:Laziness

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

Not all terrorists look like your stereotypical smelly middle easterner.

#84 Fennis

Fennis

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32,636 posts
  • Joined 12-August 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

Possibility here.

http://fc06.devianta...kki-d32erj8.jpg

#85 msommer

msommer

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,609 posts
  • Joined 09-June 04

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

Well aware of that. Earlier in the thread the Uighur were brought up but likely cannot pass for Christian and Mario. So it points to an organisation with slightly wider ethnicity or possibly from Europe

And yes, I am the Mexican Don Johnson.

"The future is already here it's just not very evenly distributed" - William Gibson

#86 SacramentoBob

SacramentoBob

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18,575 posts
  • Joined 18-February 10
  • Interests:You know what I'm about.

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

Well aware of that. Earlier in the thread the Uighur were brought up but likely cannot pass for Christian and Mario. So it points to an organisation with slightly wider ethnicity or possibly from Europe

Or maybe they don't hassle a brown guy from Italy just because his name is Mario.

She brought it hard on Friday and the dude just took it. 

#87 Smack Tripper

Smack Tripper

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,030 posts
  • Joined 28-May 04

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

Where is the Debris?

Nothing can be ruled out but I think an Egyptian air scenario is more likely.  Suicide pilot into the drink.  

Far more instances of mechanical failure or pilot error  in history than terrorism.  I"m guessing thousands of passports are stolen annually.  

The smack is back!!

#88 Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68,141 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03
  • Interests:#beefsparade #tournamentofhotdogs

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

There are a lot of immigrants in Austria and Italy, and not a lot of Italians are blonde and blue-eyed. Do we even know the two people in question were honkey-like? 

E il mio non le dice niente?

Helping disabled veterans: Wounded Warrior Project

ZANGRILLILOLOL™

#89 Smack Tripper

Smack Tripper

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7,030 posts
  • Joined 28-May 04

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

My alternate theory is Korean missile.  

The smack is back!!

#90 Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68,141 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:58 AM

0.00000003% chance of that.  Too far south, a ton of countries would have detected it. 

There were two Ukrainians on the flight if you really want to dig for theories. 

ZANGRILLILOLOL™

#91 tri-man 47

tri-man 47

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9,661 posts
  • Joined 16-April 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

Seems like they should be looking up, not down, then. 

But seriously, it's really surprising that a large plane like that could just disappear in this day and age.

2015 race calendar:

early April - Chi-Town HM

4/20 - Boston Marathon

#92 Billy Bats

Billy Bats

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14,248 posts
  • Joined 22-July 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

Wouldn't it break up on impact and leave a floating trail of debris?
Pittsburgh Tankers, what a proud franchise: "We got to the point, if we won one more game or two, Mario Lemeiux would've been in New Jersey. That's how close we were." The plan was hatched over a midseason lunch between him and E.J. "We didn't actually try to throw games. But, you know, we went in there with the understanding ... we weren't going to be upset if we lost." The old coach admits it all now. They tanked it.

#93 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34,492 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

Where is the Debris?

Nothing can be ruled out but I think an Egyptian air scenario is more likely.  Suicide pilot into the drink.  

Far more instances of mechanical failure or pilot error  in history than terrorism.  I"m guessing thousands of passports are stolen annually.  

It is probably rare to be on a plane with two passengers using stolen passports. At least you would hope that is rare.

#94 Bucky86

Bucky86

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,618 posts
  • Joined 31-October 11

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

Wouldn't they have found debris near the oil slick if a bomb had gone off on board?

PSN:   BeanDawgSmack

#95 Jules Winnfield

Jules Winnfield

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,876 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

Where is the Debris?

It is probably rare to be on a plane with two passengers using stolen passports. At least you would hope that is rare.

- The new thriller from James Patterson

Available April 2014

Jules Winfield: "Nobody's gonna hurt anybody. We're gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like? Come on Yolanda what's Fonzie like?"

It bottles the mind. You know, what happens when your thoughts get all trapped up like in a bottle.
Pizza Delivery Guy explaining the meaning of the term mind-bottling

#96 Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68,141 posts
  • Joined 14-April 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

Air France 447 didn't send any distress signals either. 

ZANGRILLILOLOL™

#97 jon_mx

jon_mx

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34,492 posts
  • Joined 25-August 03

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

Wouldn't they have found debris near the oil slick if a bomb had gone off on board?

You realize how big the ocean is. Debris travels
Differently than oil.

#98 Steve Tasker

Steve Tasker

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36,900 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

Or maybe they don't hassle a brown guy from Italy just because his name is Mario.

At least one of them gets hassled regularly

The entire state is a bunch of racist rednecks with piles of Negroes in their attics

Fans link

#99 ClownCausedChaos2

ClownCausedChaos2

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,580 posts
  • Joined 25-November 13

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

False flag attack to take the attention off of Obama's financial support of the Ukraine, while at the same time cutting the US military budget.

I'll hang up and listen. :popcorn:
"I ain't got time to bleed."

#100 AAABatteries

AAABatteries

Footballguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,481 posts
  • Joined 27-August 07

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

0.00000003% chance of that.  Too far south, a ton of countries would have detected it. 

There were two Ukrainians on the flight if you really want to dig for theories. 

Or were they?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users