What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Rookie 2.02 (Post Combine) (1 Viewer)

Who is rookie pick 2.02 in Start 2 QB Scoring?

• QB Jimmy Garoppolo

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • QB Zach Mettenberger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • QB A.J. McCarron

• RB Jeremy Hill

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • RB Ka'Deem Carey

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • RB Charles Sims

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • RB Isaiah Crowell

• RB Andre Williams

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • WR Jordan Matthews

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • WR Kelvin Benjamin

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • WR Allen Robinson

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • WR Donte Moncrief

• TE Eric Ebron

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Other

• Don't play - No vote

Votes: 38 50.7%

• Total voters

Faust

MVP
2014 Rookie 1.01 (Post Combine)

2014 Rookie 1.02 (Post Combine)

2014 Rookie 1.03 (Post Combine)

2014 Rookie 1.04 (Post Combine)

2014 Rookie 1.05 (Post Combine)

2014 Rookie 1.06 (Post Combine)

2014 Rookie 1.07 (Post Combine)

2014 Rookie 1.08 (Post Combine)

2014 Rookie 1.09 (Post Combine)

2014 Rookie 1.10 (Post Combine)

2014 Rookie 1.11 (Post Combine)

2014 Rookie 1.12 (Post Combine)

2014 Rookie 2.01 (Post Combine)Standard Scoring

1.01 WR Sammy Watkins (61%)

1.02 WR Mike Evans (41%)

1.03 RB Bishop Sankey (21%)

1.04 RB Carlos Hyde (30%)

1.05 WR Marqise Lee (29%)

1.06 RB Tre Mason (32%)

1.07 RB Lache Seastrunk (24%)

1.08 RB Jeremy Hill (25%)

1.09 WR Odell Beckham Jr. (27%)

1.10 WR Brandin Cooks (19%)

1.11 TE Eric Ebron (22%)

1.12 QB Teddy Bridgewater (11%)

2.01 RB Andre Williams (18%)

PPR Scoring

1.01 WR Sammy Watkins (85%)

1.02 WR Mike Evans (57%)

1.03 WR Marqise Lee (37%)

1.04 RB Bishop Sankey (21%)

1.05 RB Carlos Hyde (40%)

1.06 RB Tre Mason (22%)

1.07 RB Lache Seastrunk (30%)

1.08 WR Odell Beckham Jr. (29%)

1.09 TE Eric Ebron (23%)

1.10 WR Brandin Cooks (41%)

1.11 WR Jordan Matthews (24%)

1.12 WR Allen Robinson (22%)

2.01 RB Jeremy Hill (30%)

Start 2 QB Scoring

1.01 QB Teddy Bridgewater (32%)

1.02 QB Johnny Manziel (31%)

1.03 QB Blake Bortles (34%)

1.04 WR Sammy Watkins (39%)

1.05 WR Mike Evans (30%)

1.06 QB Derek Carr (19%)

1.07 WR Marqise Lee (18%)

1.08 RB Carlos Hyde (18%)

1.09 RB Bishop Sankey (20%)

1.10 RB Tre Mason (18%)

1.11 RB Lache Seastrunk (15%)

1.12 WR Odell Beckham Jr. (14%)

2.01 WR Brandin Cooks (14%)

I think it is pretty ridiculous that draft prospects such as Benjamin, Sims and almost all of the top QB/TE prospects are still available into round 2.

The NFL draft is going to change these quite a bit I think. More than it normally does.

Despite the NFL draft eliminating some of these prospects from as high of consideration I am seeing 2nd round rookie dynasty picks retaining much better value than usual all the way through the 2nd round. In most drafts I think we see top prospects dry up around pick 7-8 and again at around 14-16. Right now I have not even seen that 1st drop off happening yet. Those dips look like they will happen late 2nd to early 3rd round (12 teams) in this draft. So free up some roster space and keeping some later picks looks more useful for this draft crop.

Biabreakable said:
I think it is pretty ridiculous that draft prospects such as Benjamin, Sims and almost all of the top QB/TE prospects are still available into round 2.

The NFL draft is going to change these quite a bit I think. More than it normally does.

Despite the NFL draft eliminating some of these prospects from as high of consideration I am seeing 2nd round rookie dynasty picks retaining much better value than usual all the way through the 2nd round. In most drafts I think we see top prospects dry up around pick 7-8 and again at around 14-16. Right now I have not even seen that 1st drop off happening yet. Those dips look like they will happen late 2nd to early 3rd round (12 teams) in this draft. So free up some roster space and keeping some later picks looks more useful for this draft crop.
I have 9 picks in the top 25 in my rebuild league, and I'm just completely loading up this year. This draft is my future in that league.

If you just look at last years picks (these polls, not NFL draft) then you can see there will be guys who will drop and move up based on situation (Bell is a great example). These polls are a great preliminary tool but hardly consistent, although greatly appreciated.

Biabreakable said:

I have 9 picks in the top 25 in my rebuild league, and I'm just completely loading up this year. This draft is my future in that league.

If you just look at last years picks (these polls, not NFL draft) then you can see there will be guys who will drop and move up based on situation (Bell is a great example). These polls are a great preliminary tool but hardly consistent, although greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

I used to run these polls only after the NFL Draft; however, it occurred to me that there is value in running a set of polls after the combine, but prior to the NFL Draft as a method of attempting to assess the perceived talent of these players regardless of draft round and team situation.

I will reboot these polls after the NFL Draft and it is always interesting to see who rises and falls accordingly.

Biabreakable said:

The QBs aren't impressive this yr, Johnny is the only one that seems like a good fantasy option. As for TE. TE is becoming so easy to fill off the WWs that the rookie TEs don't retain much value unless they blow up. The only I am sniffing a rookie TE in the 1st 15 picks is if one is drafted to NE.

Biabreakable said:

The QBs aren't impressive this yr, Johnny is the only one that seems like a good fantasy option. As for TE. TE is becoming so easy to fill off the WWs that the rookie TEs don't retain much value unless they blow up. The only I am sniffing a rookie TE in the 1st 15 picks is if one is drafted to NE.
I like the QBs quite a bit more than I did last season. For FF the potential rushing stats make Manziel interesting.

ASJ is injured but he could turn into a pretty quality TE as could Amaro. I do not like the TE group as much as I did in 2013.

I hear you on there not being much of a market for TE who have not yet broken out. I think those players are worth a roster spot to find out if they can break out in 2015.

I like the QBs quite a bit more than I did last season. For FF the potential rushing stats make Manziel interesting.

ASJ is injured but he could turn into a pretty quality TE as could Amaro. I do not like the TE group as much as I did in 2013.

I hear you on there not being much of a market for TE who have not yet broken out. I think those players are worth a roster spot to find out if they can break out in 2015.
The QBs last yr weren't that good at all (for FF purposes) and I think people overrated them due to the success of the rookies in the past couple of yrs. 2013 QB class was a solid reminder that rookie QBs usually don't come flying out of the gate.

If by overrated you mean were worth taking at all, then yeah maybe. No one was really high on EJ or Geno. Geno went after all the Rd2 RBs in my 2 superflex, for example.

I think EJ fits the mold of a fantasy relevant QB, the problem is he's more of a Rd 2 project/hope like Tarvaris Jackson or Kaepernick that was overdrafted due to there not being anyone else.

If by overrated you mean were worth taking at all, then yeah maybe. No one was really high on EJ or Geno. Geno went after all the Rd2 RBs in my 2 superflex, for example.

I think EJ fits the mold of a fantasy relevant QB, the problem is he's more of a Rd 2 project/hope like Tarvaris Jackson or Kaepernick that was overdrafted due to there not being anyone else.
Agreed. Manuel went around pick 20 in my league, and Smith almost went undrafted and was snagged as the final pick of the draft. And this is a league that has 6 pt pass TDs and 1 pt per 20 pass yards. The QBs from this draft are a lot more appealing.

Users who are viewing this thread