What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Gay Mafia (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a post I made earlier today:

There were other reasons people in the Mozilla community didn't like Eich for the CEO job; those reasons just don't grab headlines. From March 28 WSJ:

Three Mozilla Board Members Resign over Choice of New CEO

Mozilla named a new chief executive this week to lead the non-profit Web organization as it tries to keep its Firefox browser relevant in the mobile age. The appointment has proved controversial in more ways than one.

Three Mozilla board members resigned over the choice of Brendan Eich, a Mozilla co-founder, as the new CEO. Gary Kovacs, a former Mozilla CEO who runs online security company AVG Technologies; John Lilly, another former Mozilla CEO now a partner at venture-capital firm Greylock Partners; and Ellen Siminoff, CEO of online education startup Shmoop, left the board last week.

The departures leave three people on the Mozilla board: co-founder Mitchell Baker; Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn, and Katharina Borchert, chief executive of German news site Spiegel Online.

The three board members who resigned sought a CEO from outside Mozilla with experience in the mobile industry who could help expand the organization’s Firefox OS mobile-operating system and balance the skills of co-founders Eich and Baker, the people familiar with the situation said. They did not want to be identified because they are not authorized to speak publicly about the matter.

Mozilla spokesman Mike Manning confirmed the three remaining board members, but he declined to comment further on Friday. He did not immediately respond to a request to speak to Eich and Baker.

Firefox is the world’s second-most-popular Web browser on personal computers, with 18% market share, according to Net Applications, a web-analytics consulting firm. That trails Microsoft’s Internet Explorer, with 58% share, and just ahead of Google’s Chrome, with 17% share.

On mobile devices, however, Firefox ranks 13th, with less than 0.1% share, according to Net Applications. Apple’s Safari browser leads with 54% of the mobile-browser market, while Google’s Android and Chrome browsers have a combined 36% share.

Unlike Apple, Microsoft and Google, Mozilla is a non-profit organization focused on improving the web and keeping it open for users. Eich will have to balance this goal with the need to generate at least enough revenue to pay for the organization’s many projects.

The board departures are not the only source of early pressure on the new Mozilla CEO. Some employees of the organization are calling for Eich to step down because he donated $1,000 to the campaign in support of Proposition 8, a 2008 California ballot measure that banned same-sex marriage in the state.

“I do not support the Board’s appointment of @BrendanEich as CEO,” Kat Braybrooke, a curation and co-design lead at the organization, wrote on Twitter on Thursday.

Eich said on his blog that he was sorry for “causing pain” and pledged to promote equality at Mozilla.

Mark Surman, executive director of the Mozilla Foundation, weighed in too.

“We expect and encourage Mozillians to speak up when they disagree with management decisions, and carefully weigh all input to ensure our actions are advancing the project’s mission,” he said in a statement.
You want it to be about the gays so badly, johnjohn, but sorry, it just isn't the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guns & Ammo editor Jim Bequette resigns amid gun control column uproar

The editor of Guns & Ammo magazine apologized to readers and resigned immediately, earlier than planned, after he published a column advocating gun control, enraging his readers.
Was that the gun mafia?

Here's Bryan Fischer, Director of Issue Analysis for Government and Public Policy at the American Family Association:
World Vision, in one of the most abrupt turnarounds in modern history, has done a complete about-face on its embrace of sodomy-based marriage.

Less than 48 hours after saying the organization was just fine hiring couples who were in same-sex "marriages," the organization has repudiated that stance, acknowledging that the board "made a mistake," and admitting they had failed "to be consistent with World Vision U.S.'s commitment to the traditional understanding of Biblical marriage."

Says its president and board chairman, "We...humbly ask your forgiveness."

... One very encouraging part of this debacle is that the evangelical church and other pro-family organizations stood firmly, directly, and unanimously against this apostasy. World Vision's decision was opposed by thousands upon thousands of donors who called World Vision to complain. Perhaps the sleeping giant that is the evangelical church has finally been awakened.

WV's heretical decision was also publicly opposed by Franklin Graham, the American Family Association, the Family Research Council, the Assemblies of God, and the Southern Baptist Convention. This united stand for truth and against sexual debauchery got World Vision's attention and got their minds right....

The larger issue here is that an environment has been fostered in the upper echelons of World Vision that made it possible for its leaders even to entertain an option that should have been absolutely unthinkable for anyone committed to God’s design for marriage. There is something diseased in the the boardroom of World Vision, and that diseased tissue must be cut out if this organization is once again to fulfill an evangelical mission.

President Richard Stearns must step down immediately. He is the leader of this organization, and he led it straight into a ditch. He must be replaced.
Was that the Christian mafia?

From Kos of DailyKos:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/04/1289639/-Brandon-Eich-was-a-victim-of-market-forces-conservatives-should-applaud?detail=hide

Brandon Eich was a victim of market forces, conservatives should applaud

Brendan Eich is a tech legend, the inventor of Javascript—a programming language that powers much of what's cool on the web. He is also a bigot, a donor to California's successful Prop 8 effort in 2008 to enshrine hate in the state constitution by banning same-sex marriage.

Last week he was named as CEO of the Mozilla Foundation, a nonprofit organization best known for the Firefox browser. It is an organization in turmoil, as the mobile revolution makes desktop computers increasingly irrelevant, and with that, Mozilla's core product. (Daily Kos's traffic is now nearly 50-50 mobile traffic, as you can see in this chart. The dark blue band is mobile.)

The problem with Eich is that, well, he's a bigot. And worse than that, he hasn't "evolved" since 2008, like so much of America. He held steadfast to his beliefs, out-of-step with the world his product serves. So the Mozilla community erupted in anger, and after a half-assed effort to hang on, Eich resigned the position. So of course, you have people screaming about "persecution" from the usual conservative suspects to contrarians like Andrew Sullivan.

When people’s lives and careers are subject to litmus tests, and fired if they do not publicly renounce what may well be their sincere conviction, we have crossed a line. This is McCarthyism applied by civil actors. This is the definition of intolerance.
Of course this is intolerance. Would Sullivan rush to this guy's defense if it turned out he was a Grand Wizard in the KKK? Of course not. We are allowed to be intolerant of people who operate outside the bounds of civil decency. This wasn't governmental action infringing on any Constitutional rights. This was Mozilla developers saying they refused to do work with a bigot, private websites blocking access to the Firefox browser because they refused to do business with a bigot, and employees of the firm speaking up because they refused to work for a bigot.

In short, it was the free market expressing itself. Eich was perfectly within his rights to stay at Mozilla, but he would then face a hostile market and eventually faced the reality that he couldn't do his job in that environment. The free market spoke, and a free market enterprise was forced to react.

Do I cry because most people would rather vote for a Muslim than an atheist (and really, neither)? That's not McCarthyism, it's popular opinion, and I realize that my religious (non) views puts me in the minority. As long as government doesn't punish me for being an atheist (and it doesn't), I'm not going to cry persecution. That's just democracy.

Same thing with the market. Conservative views on marriage equality are now fringe, and especially so with the younger people who matter most to marketers. So the free market they worship has turned against them. They can cry about "McCarthyism" all they want, but this is just market forces at work.

Given that it's a free market, conservatives should feel free to start up a competitive product, a browser for haters. It could have built-in bookmarks to Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck ... maybe call it Bookmarks for Bigots. You know what? I'll let them work out the details. They could be headquartered in Mississippi, which could protect them from the gays, and I'm sure they could tap into that state's deep educated STEM workforce to staff up the venture. (Never mind). And if they need someone to run it?

Well, I hear Brendan Eich is available.

From Kos of DailyKos:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/04/1289639/-Brandon-Eich-was-a-victim-of-market-forces-conservatives-should-applaud?detail=hide

Brandon Eich was a victim of market forces, conservatives should applaud

Brendan Eich is a tech legend, the inventor of Javascript—a programming language that powers much of what's cool on the web. He is also a bigot, a donor to California's successful Prop 8 effort in 2008 to enshrine hate in the state constitution by banning same-sex marriage.

Last week he was named as CEO of the Mozilla Foundation, a nonprofit organization best known for the Firefox browser. It is an organization in turmoil, as the mobile revolution makes desktop computers increasingly irrelevant, and with that, Mozilla's core product. (Daily Kos's traffic is now nearly 50-50 mobile traffic, as you can see in this chart. The dark blue band is mobile.)

The problem with Eich is that, well, he's a bigot. And worse than that, he hasn't "evolved" since 2008, like so much of America. He held steadfast to his beliefs, out-of-step with the world his product serves. So the Mozilla community erupted in anger, and after a half-assed effort to hang on, Eich resigned the position. So of course, you have people screaming about "persecution" from the usual conservative suspects to contrarians like Andrew Sullivan.

When people’s lives and careers are subject to litmus tests, and fired if they do not publicly renounce what may well be their sincere conviction, we have crossed a line. This is McCarthyism applied by civil actors. This is the definition of intolerance.
Of course this is intolerance. Would Sullivan rush to this guy's defense if it turned out he was a Grand Wizard in the KKK? Of course not. We are allowed to be intolerant of people who operate outside the bounds of civil decency. This wasn't governmental action infringing on any Constitutional rights. This was Mozilla developers saying they refused to do work with a bigot, private websites blocking access to the Firefox browser because they refused to do business with a bigot, and employees of the firm speaking up because they refused to work for a bigot.

In short, it was the free market expressing itself. Eich was perfectly within his rights to stay at Mozilla, but he would then face a hostile market and eventually faced the reality that he couldn't do his job in that environment. The free market spoke, and a free market enterprise was forced to react.

Do I cry because most people would rather vote for a Muslim than an atheist (and really, neither)? That's not McCarthyism, it's popular opinion, and I realize that my religious (non) views puts me in the minority. As long as government doesn't punish me for being an atheist (and it doesn't), I'm not going to cry persecution. That's just democracy.

Same thing with the market. Conservative views on marriage equality are now fringe, and especially so with the younger people who matter most to marketers. So the free market they worship has turned against them. They can cry about "McCarthyism" all they want, but this is just market forces at work.

Given that it's a free market, conservatives should feel free to start up a competitive product, a browser for haters. It could have built-in bookmarks to Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck ... maybe call it Bookmarks for Bigots. You know what? I'll let them work out the details. They could be headquartered in Mississippi, which could protect them from the gays, and I'm sure they could tap into that state's deep educated STEM workforce to staff up the venture. (Never mind). And if they need someone to run it?

Well, I hear Brendan Eich is available.
When people throw around terms like bigot into the debate like candy, it does nothing to advance the debate. It almost justifies the use of the gay mafia. Just a bunch of hateful rhetoric which only serves to keep polarizing the country.

:lmao: JJ tries so hard, poor little fella.
Are you really saying I don't have a valid point? LOL at that
You have a myopic point.

Lutherman crushed your myopic point and you chose to ignore it. Like I said, poor little fella.
how did he crush my point? Explain
People in the Mozilla community and the board of directors wanted an outsider from the mobile industry to be CEO. That's the primary reason the board members quit. The prop 8 support by CEO Eich, was secondary and maybe even tertiary.

I'm sorry for you if that is difficult for you to understand.

You have a myopic point.

Lutherman crushed your myopic point and you chose to ignore it. Like I said, poor little fella.
Look at you still trying so hard. Poor little fella.

my·op·ic [mahy-op-ik, -oh-pik]
adjective
1.Ophthalmology . pertaining to or having myopia; nearsighted.
2. unable or unwilling to act prudently; shortsighted.
3. lacking tolerance or understanding; narrow-minded.

You have a myopic point.

People in the Mozilla community and the board of directors wanted an outsider from the mobile industry to be CEO. That's the primary reason the board members quit. The prop 8 support by CEO Eich, was secondary and maybe even tertiary.
Spit the hook Luther. He knows, he's just trying to get people riled up.

You did good work in here.

You have a myopic point.

Look at you still trying so hard. Poor little fella.

my·op·ic [mahy-op-ik, -oh-pik]
adjective
1.Ophthalmology . pertaining to or having myopia; nearsighted.
2. unable or unwilling to act prudently; shortsighted.
3. lacking tolerance or understanding; narrow-minded.
Once again, how did he crush my point?

You have a myopic point.

Spit the hook Luther. He knows, he's just trying to get people riled up.

You did good work in here.
I'm a little drunk...friends came in town for a small family wedding this weekend and we did liquid lunch.

remember when the gay mafia tried to ruin Phil Robertson ?
Good thing for Phil it didn't work, since the show is as popular as ever: :hophead:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-duck-dynasty-low-690094

TV Ratings: 'Duck Dynasty' Drops to 16-Month Low Ahead of Finale

The flagging reality hit drops to a new season low, averaging 4.7 million viewers and ranking below this week's episode of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" in the key demo.

remember when the gay mafia tried to ruin Phil Robertson ?
Good thing for Phil it didn't work, since the show is as popular as ever: :hophead:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-duck-dynasty-low-690094

TV Ratings: 'Duck Dynasty' Drops to 16-Month Low Ahead of Finale

The flagging reality hit drops to a new season low, averaging 4.7 million viewers and ranking below this week's episode of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" in the key demo.
Damn, the gay mafia is more powerful than I thought, thanks for correcting me

Translation: Calling bigots bigots makes bigots feel bad.
Prop 8 won with 52% in a fairly liberal state which is highly tolerant of gays. Calling 7 million people bigots because you disagree with their viewpoint is not the way to advance the debate.
The debate is pretty much over. And those Prop 8 numbers would probably not be replicated in an election held now on the issue. From Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage_in_California

With recent big increases in support for legalization of same-sex marriage, the California public is now 61% in favor, 31% opposed according to a February 2013 Field Poll,[75

Prop 8 won with 52% in a fairly liberal state which is highly tolerant of gays. Calling 7 million people bigots because you disagree with their viewpoint is not the way to advance the debate.
So what do you call the anti-gay folks who want to restrict their rights and can't seem to accept people who are different than them? Because that's not a very nice thing to do either.

If bigot is too strong a word, then what's the right word?

So what do you call the anti-gay folks who want to restrict their rights and can't seem to accept people who are different than them? Because that's not a very nice thing to do either.

are you really that brainwashed that you believe anti gay marriage is the same as being anti-gay or are you talking about other people when you say anti-gay?

are you really that brainwashed that you believe anti gay marriage is the same as being anti-gay or are you talking about other people when you say anti-gay?
You are taking the rights of men away to marry other men. Bigot!

Here's a database of 35,000 bigots who donated to Prop 8. Including their employers. Let's work to get them all fired.

Some of my colleagues are celebrating. They call Eich a bigot who got what he deserved. I agree. But let’s not stop here. If we’re serious about enforcing the new standard, thousands of other employees who donated to the same anti-gay ballot measure must be punished.
More than 35,000 people gave money to the campaign for Proposition 8, the 2008 ballot measure that declared, “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.” You can download the entire list, via the Los Angeles Times, as a compressed spreadsheet. (Click the link that says, “Download CSV.”) Each row lists the donor’s employer. If you organize the data by company, you can add up the total number of donors and dollars that came from people associated with that company.
The first thing you’ll notice, if you search for Eich, is that he’s the only Mozilla employee who gave to the campaign for Prop 8. His $1,000 was more than canceled out by three Mozilla employees who donated to the other side.
The next thing you’ll notice is that other companies, including other tech firms, substantially outscored Mozilla in pro-Prop 8 contributions attributed to their employees. That includes Adobe, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Sun Microsystems, and Yahoo, as well as Disney, DreamWorks, Gap, and Warner Bros.
Thirty-seven companies in the database are linked to more than 1,300 employees who gave nearly $1 million in combined contributions to the campaign for Prop 8. Twenty-five tech companies are linked to 435 employees who gave more than $300,000. Many of these employees gave $1,000 apiece, if not more. Some, like Eich, are probably senior executives.
Why do these bigots still have jobs? Let’s go get them.

Why do you have to call them anything? If your biggest point is the name you call them, then you are not making a strong case.

1910... "I love women :winknudge:, I just don't think they should be allowed to vote."

1950... "I don't hate [black people], I just don't think they should be allowed to sit at the same counter as whites."

1990... "I don't mind Mexicans, I just don't think they should be allowed to speak Spanish."

2010... "I don't mind gays as long as they aren't gay in public, I just don't think they should be allowed to get married."

Same people, same ####, different year.

Here's a database of 35,000 bigots who donated to Prop 8. Including their employers. Let's work to get them all fired.

Some of my colleagues are celebrating. They call Eich a bigot who got what he deserved. I agree. But let’s not stop here. If we’re serious about enforcing the new standard, thousands of other employees who donated to the same anti-gay ballot measure must be punished.
More than 35,000 people gave money to the campaign for Proposition 8, the 2008 ballot measure that declared, “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.” You can download the entire list, via the Los Angeles Times, as a compressed spreadsheet. (Click the link that says, “Download CSV.”) Each row lists the donor’s employer. If you organize the data by company, you can add up the total number of donors and dollars that came from people associated with that company.
The first thing you’ll notice, if you search for Eich, is that he’s the only Mozilla employee who gave to the campaign for Prop 8. His $1,000 was more than canceled out by three Mozilla employees who donated to the other side.
The next thing you’ll notice is that other companies, including other tech firms, substantially outscored Mozilla in pro-Prop 8 contributions attributed to their employees. That includes Adobe, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Sun Microsystems, and Yahoo, as well as Disney, DreamWorks, Gap, and Warner Bros.
Thirty-seven companies in the database are linked to more than 1,300 employees who gave nearly $1 million in combined contributions to the campaign for Prop 8. Twenty-five tech companies are linked to 435 employees who gave more than $300,000. Many of these employees gave $1,000 apiece, if not more. Some, like Eich, are probably senior executives.
scary

1910... "I love women :winknudge:, I just don't think they should be allowed to vote."

1950... "I don't hate [black people], I just don't think they should be allowed to sit at the same counter as whites."

1990... "I don't mind Mexicans, I just don't think they should speak Spanish."

2010... "As long as they aren't gay in public I don't mind, I just don't think they should be allowed to get married."

Should I point out which fallacy this is, or do you want to figure it out yourself ?

1990... "I don't mind Mexicans, I just don't think they should speak Spanish."

2010... "As long as they aren't gay in public I don't mind, I just don't think they should be allowed to get married."

Should I point out which fallacy this is, or do you want to figure it out yourself ?
I know, I know. This time is different.

Why do you have to call them anything? If your biggest point is the name you call them, then you are not making a strong case.
I'm just curious because bigot is the traditional term to call people who carry those beliefs. Wondering what the new word for it is. Makes it easier to call them out on their archaic and outdated beliefs. Is Conservative Christian a better term?

according to scoresman if you don't support gay marriage you have to be an anti-gay bigot AND you are a conservative christian, LOL how much CNN do you think this guy watches ? baaaaa

And how many of them would donate to a similar ballot initiative today? Or publically support it? Attitudes have changed dramatically towards gay marraige in California (and the nation) since 2008. While 52% voted for the initiative then, probably only 31% would now (according the Field poll I cited above) .

Also as Kos pointed out in the article I linked, the problem with Eich wasn't really that he had supported Prop 8, it was that "he hasn't "evolved" since 2008, like so much of America." I seriously doubt you will see the "gay mafia" go after these other contributors.

And how many of them would donate to a similar ballot initiative today? Or publically support it? Attitudes have changed dramatically towards gay marraige in California (and the nation) since 2008. While 52% voted for the initiative then, probably only 31% would now (according the Field poll I cited above) .

Also as Kos pointed out in the article I linked, the problem with Eich wasn't really that he had supported Prop 8, it was that "he hasn't "evolved" since 2008, like so much of America." I seriously doubt you will see the "gay mafia" go after these other contributors.
But if, say, a similar initiative gets on the ballot in 2014, and the list of supporters is published, would it be OK hunt down people who were on both lists?

But if, say, a similar initiative gets on the ballot in 2014, and the list of supporters is published, would it be OK hunt down people who were on both lists?
Absolutley. Bigots should be unemployed and have no other means to provide for themselves other than to rob all protected ( and wannabe protected ) classes.

Yes, the financial supporters of a similar initiative in 2014 would be fair game, as would those who donated against it if the religious right would not want to support their businesses. It cuts both ways, it is a matter of public record in California who donates to the initiatives, so supporters of gay marriage might feel the wrath of the "anti-gay mafia"

It's not anti-gay.

It is anti-freedom and it is anti-equality, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread