What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CSTU's 2014 Top 15 Pre-Draft RB's and WR's (1 Viewer)

cstu

Footballguy
RB Tier 1:
Carlos Hyde
Tre Mason
Bishop Sankey

RB Tier 2:
Lache Seastrunk
Ka'Deem Carey
Jeremy Hill
Charles Sims

RB Tier 3:
Terrance West
Devonta Freeman
Isaiah Crowell
Andre Williams

RB Tier 4:
Storm Johnson
Jerick McKinnon
Tyler Gaffney
James White
-------------------------------------------

WR Tier 1:
Sammy Watkins
Mike Evans

WR Tier 2:
Odell Beckham
Marqise Lee
Brandin Cooks
Allen Robinson
Jordan Mathews

WR Tier 3:
Davante Adams
Donte Moncrief
Cody Latimer
Kelvin Benjamin

WR Tier 4:
Paul Richardson
Jarvis Landry
Martavis Bryant
Bruce Ellington

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your first tiers except i put Matthews in tier one and they'd be in a different order. I don't want to make this a Matthews thread though so ignore that please.

I love Mason's vision on tape but i don't like his style coupled with his size. I'm really not sure what to make of him. If he can't learn to pass protect better he'll for sure bust because he won't get on the field.

Personally i want to know what Hyde's agility numbers were at his last workout. It would reinforced what i think I'm seeing on tape. I think he's got great agility for a 230 pound back. He could potentially move up to two overall for me.

Nice list. I personally would also put Jeremy Hill in tier 1 and Freeman/Crowell in tier 2 at RB. I would also move Paul Richardson up and Davante Adams down.

Good list though. I think you've ranked them pretty good from a pure talent perspective.

I like your first tiers except i put Matthews in tier one and they'd be in a different order. I don't want to make this a Matthews thread though so ignore that please.

I love Mason's vision on tape but i don't like his style coupled with his size. I'm really not sure what to make of him. If he can't learn to pass protect better he'll for sure bust because he won't get on the field.

Personally i want to know what Hyde's agility numbers were at his last workout. It would reinforced what i think I'm seeing on tape. I think he's got great agility for a 230 pound back. He could potentially move up to two overall for me.
Matthews is tough to rank since I like him a lot more with a good QB than a mediocre one. He could move up post-draft.

Mason has some question marks like his blocking and receiving but I like his running style (he reminds of a bit slower Ray Rice). His ranking is optimistic that he can do those things.

I have Hyde #1 mainly because I'm not completely enamored with anyone in this class and he looks like he will have a high floor. Not an amazing talent by any means but could be successful like Lacy on a good team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually looking at your second wr tier i would basically reverse it. I think you have to put Robinson and Matthews ahead of the small wr. That's my personal preference though.

Any thoughts on Cody Latimer? Love WRs with great hands. He could sneak into the first round.

Nice list here, main thing that stands out to me is Martavis Bryant. Too low for my blood, interested to hear your take on him. Landry is basically my bottom of the barrel, if I have to take a WR as a Mr. Irrelevant so I really don't see how anyone could be behind him.

I think you're whiffing on Hill and Williams. Sometimes all it takes is a little size (Bell + Lacey) to see some carries in the NFL. Hell, remember Shonne Greene? That guy was fed carries purely on size. Someone would be wise to give Hill and Williams the ball and watch them attempt to grind down an NFL defense.

Tre Mason is flashy and I think he can be similar to Darren Sproles. Hyde I think is overrated personally, he's got size but isn't anything special in my opinion. Reminds me of Legarrette Blount who granted has looked respectable at times. Sankey is a bit undersized and the injury woes of David Wilson and Steve Slaton really concern me for smaller backs.

I certainly think he produce in the shortterm though if a team decides they want him to be lead dog (they won't). He's a 3rd - 4th Rounder in my opinion. Someone's going to snag him early and add him to their committee.

I think Seastrunk is a great prospect for PPR. I don't know if the guy can catch but with his start - stop speed you'd be foolish not to throw hundreds of balls to him at practice and see if something sticks. Against weaker matchups, Seastrunk can definitely take it between the tackles. But as a Head Coach, you'd rather run a plodder into a defensive front like Seattle or San Francisco.

You don't want to see Seastrunk getting smashed, although a guy with his strength should be able to pass block decently.

I think you're whiffing on Hill and Williams. Sometimes all it takes is a little size (Bell + Lacey) to see some carries in the NFL. Hell, remember Shonne Greene? That guy was fed carries purely on size. Someone would be wise to give Hill and Williams the ball and watch them attempt to grind down an NFL defense.
Hill is the one most likely to move up after the draft. In a good situation I like him a lot more since he can be an every down back..

Williams is a good runner but I see his ceiling as Alfred Morris with his lack of receiving ability.

Nice list here, main thing that stands out to me is Martavis Bryant. Too low for my blood, interested to hear your take on him. Landry is basically my bottom of the barrel, if I have to take a WR as a Mr. Irrelevant so I really don't see how anyone could be behind him.
I expected more out of him last year since he had the benefit of playing opposite Watkins last year. Just one game over 88 yards is disappointing. On paper he's a 1st round pick, but he doesn't play like it consistently on the field.

The sky's the limit and if he actually does go in the 2nd round I'll have him a couple tiers higher. If a team believes in him so will I but right now he's a big question mark.

I like the WR list, I am probably lower on Lee (bottom of tier) and would include your top 2 of tier 3 in tier 2 - but largely reflects my own feelings.

Landry could be a really interesting sleeper, assuming he lands in a spot with a top 10 QB. GB in the 4th/5th would be really interesting.

My question is about Isaiah Crowell.

He has ideal size and good speed and has the ability to catch the ball decently.

AS a freshman he dominated the SEC but of course it is hard to get a read on him going against lesser talent since then.

Is he rated so low by you due to off the field issues that you don't think are fixed or do you put him down there due to his talent?

I think someone gets a steal of a player in the 5th round or so.

Personally, I would put him in the top 3 rb's in this class!

Sankey, Hyde and Crowell in that order (followed closely by Hill)

Crowell's risks are well documented and the primary reason he is going to fall. He's got a ton of talents. I loved him as a freshman at UGA. Unfortunately I just don't know where his head is, or ever will be. He is lazy and trouble follows him. Not a good combination.

Crowell's risks are well documented and the primary reason he is going to fall. He's got a ton of talents. I loved him as a freshman at UGA. Unfortunately I just don't know where his head is, or ever will be. He is lazy and trouble follows him. Not a good combination.
He screams Marshawn Lynch to me.

Powerfull, shifty and a concern off the field.

I still say, talent only, the best in this class.

Worth the risk IMO in the 5th or so.

I could see teams like ATL, New Orleans, Arizona, St Louis, Minn, Chi, NYJ, Buffalo, Cincy, Balt, Cle, Oak, Tenn, Hou, and Jax all being suitors.

WR's going as expected, but I'm surprised Mason is still on the board in the 3rd round.

Users who are viewing this thread