What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans game thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Smackdown=

Footballguy
Anybody else hooked on this game?

:bag:

Send Archers !!! And I need more dark elixer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I've been addicted for a few months now. The best game I've ever played on a phone/tablet.

Game is free

Building and army takes anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes.

Then you attack othes trying to obtain more gold and elixer which in turn enables you to build a stronger base and army.

My fifth grader is obsessed with this. She's in a clan with a bunch of her friends from school. She introduced her 33-year-old uncle to the game a few weeks ago, and he got into it. He joined her clan and started kicking her friends out or something. :lmao: I don't really know what this all means but it just makes me laugh that my brother-in-law is playing a game with a bunch of 11-year-olds.

My fifth grader is obsessed with this. She's in a clan with a bunch of her friends from school. She introduced her 33-year-old uncle to the game a few weeks ago, and he got into it. He joined her clan and started kicking her friends out or something. :lmao: I don't really know what this all means but it just makes me laugh that my brother-in-law is playing a game with a bunch of 11-year-olds.

About 3 months ago I took over my 10 year old son's account - been hooked since.

Can't quit Clash of Clans.

My 7 year old son just joined our clan.

About 3 months ago I took over my 10 year old son's account - been hooked since.

I did the same with my daughter's. You can't change your name so my clan thinks I'm a girl. I think they give me better troops because of it.

Ive been wanting to try this

DL now. Will join FBG clan if someone sets it up. Or I can do it if they let new people

Tips for those just starting:

1. Don't spend your gems (green gems). They're hard to replace for free, but you can buy more with real money.

2. Spending those gems on a third builder hut may be a good idea as it'll help you as you get stronger and it takes forever for some stuff to build. The extra builder is great.

I just started a few days ago.

I'm at Town Hall Level 3 and maxing out everything I can before moving up to Level 4. The cost of upgrading the walls is insane. Absolutely in a FBG clan if it gets started.

I did the same with my daughter's. You can't change your name so my clan thinks I'm a girl. I think they give me better troops because of it.
Took over my son's account (which he set up on my phone, but still). We have arguments about it sometime when I get home. ("Jesus, Dad, you have to start upgrading the elixer drills" or "did you spend gems to boost the barraks again? Stop spending my gems!!" -- "Oh, you mean the gems that I bought?")

Level 69, dude!

Been playing since last summer. I got hooked, then my kids got hooked. Finally my wife broke down and also started playing "that stupid game". Now she's more hooked than any of us!

my buddy has been playing this and trying to get me to play for a while. I'm afraid of introducing another time sucking activity in my life. but if there's an FBG clan, I'm in.

My boys ages 11 and 9 have been playing this. I'm not sure if they're in clans with each other or not.

I've been playing Travian on and off for a few years now. It sound very similar to Clash of Clans. Is there an ending to the game? In Travian there is a long term strategy of winning the server. When someone (usually an alliance) wins the round, the server ends and a new server starts. There are several US servers going on at any given time; and there are dozens of international servers too.

Reminds me of the game Valor I got into on iPhone a while back.

Start off building one town/army.... then can branch out and take over neighboring un-manned towns (at first)... then eventually you take over manned ones and knock people out of the game. People form clans. massive alliances form.

Got to the point I had spent $50 on upgrades, had a spreadsheet to coordinate attacks (different types of troops travel at different speeds, frequently you'd need to attack from multiple cities as well to overtake a big city). I'd have 2-3 diff types of troops from 3-6 different cities all timed to land within a 5 second window to wipe everything out. Crazy stuff.

Formed a clan with a badass group. Then joined up with another couple groups to form the top alliance in the game. Got crazy for a bit. Tons of emailing and politicking to form truces/alliegances. Had moles in other groups etc. Then went crazy with my original group who had all gotten tired of it and went rogue. Took out our allies from the inside and threw the whole place into chaos. Went out in a blaze of glory.

Basically burned a month or two of my life on that damn game :lol: Never gain. Was fun for a bit though.

Hit a plateau around ~60 and stopped playing. Way too hard to get the $$ and elixir required once the reqs get over 2MM for upgrades without spending real money.

Hit a plateau around ~60 and stopped playing. Way too hard to get the $$ and elixir required once the reqs get over 2MM for upgrades without spending real money.
yeah i played this one months ago, and couldn't keep up. found a new one i like a lot better, Heroes of Honor. it is the same basic idea but the attacking and fighting system is much more fun. you have heroes with armies, and you can get some people together and take out higher people to make it a little more fair

Been playing this for a while. Level 45. I'm in a clan with my two boys. It's a good way to kill some spare time.

I agree with whoever said it is like Travian. I think it is superior in the sense that no one can come in and completely level you like they could in Travian. They can never take everything from you, which helps keep people playing.

I'd join the FBG clan if my boys can get invites as well:

me=Dozier

asdfghjklpoiiry

percy jackson

The castle that costs 40,000 to fix.
Upgrade your Gold Mines and Elixir Collectors as soon as you can. I have all three of each up to level 6 and won't take long to get the gold to fix the castle and join the clan. I had been spending all my gold on my walls. With my Town Hall still at level 3, I'm staying under the radar and have only been attacked once (which I turned away :football: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread