What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Auction draft software (1 Viewer)

stokes344

Footballguy
Our league is drafting live and it's an auction draft. We're not sure if the wifi will support 12 simultaneous connections so we're thinking of using software to run the auction. I use FanDraft for my standard league and it works really well. However, the auction version of FanDraft is not setup all that great. Can anyone suggest another software package to use or another way to run a live auction draft?

Thanks

Our local Auction buys a draftboard from draftkits that you can add expenses up. We then have one of the wives be the auctioneer. The final results are then put into MFL. This is usually done an hour after the auction is over.

Live as in Live, or live as in everyone is online?

MFL has an auction room if everyone is online. If everyone is present, there's no need for software. I run my auction using FBG Draft Dominator and transfer everything over to MFL.

Yes, it will be 12 of us in a room drafting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we use ESPN we would have to have 12 wifi connections in the room, right. We're using Yahoo for the season, not MFL. Does anyone know of software that's similar to FanDraft?

If the twelve of you are all together, find a 13th person to run the auction. Establish your ground rules and give the auctioneer the authority to make the final decision.

The fun of doing a live auction is undermined if everyone is staring at a computer screen.

Trust me, as I've done auctions both ways. Watching the other guys sweat when deciding whether or not to bump a player is the single most fun thing about doing a live auction.

Yes, it will be 12 of us in a room drafting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we use ESPN we would have to have 12 wifi connections in the room, right. We're using Yahoo for the season, not MFL. Does anyone know of software that's similar to FanDraft?
I've been doing Auctions for the past 10 years and never had the need for everyone to be online. To me, it would slow it down way more than it already is.

I'm online with Draft Dominator, and a few others have apps for cheatsheets, but I just don't understand the need for Auction software if everyone is already there.

Sounds crazy and LONG. An Auction already takes 4-5 hours, everyone in a room online is redundant and would probably stretch the Auction out to 7-8 hours

^^^^^^ agreed. Long time auctioneer and if everyone is in the room there is no need for software. Auction draft day is the best day of the FF season (having no kids its my Christmas!). If everyone was worried about working the software it would take away the interaction in my opinion, which is half the fun of a live auction.

I do a live auction and we used FanDraft for the first time last year. If you use it just as a substitute for a draft board it is awesome. Plug your computer into your tv, give your auctioneer a short how-to course on selecting names and filling out the amounts in the fields and the program takes care of the rest. It was a big hit.

Love mfl for drafting but their live auction site is not trustworthy. I would use ESPN.
Bump for 2015 opinions. Just copied my MFL league and tried the MFL auction and it was terrible. So bad. Unfortunately, if not MFL, need some customizable since it's an auction keeper league.

Help!

Users who are viewing this thread