What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft position preference and strategy thread (1 Viewer)

What would be your preferred draft position this year?

Votes: 1 9.1%

Votes: 2 18.2%

Votes: 2 18.2%

Votes: 3 27.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jumper

Footballguy
For those playing in at least one snake draft league, this thread is for you. All things about draft position - gloats, gripes, abject panic, and cool story bros. Plus debate over the merits of trading draft spots (for leagues where you can do that).

So what's the best and worst position to have in a snake draft this year? Did you get what you wanted, and if not what position are you attempting to trade into? For my first draft, drew the 1.12 and have an offer to go to the 1.07 and very seriously considering it.

I always, always, always want the first or the last pick in a snake draft, if I can get them.

I think having the luxury of back to back picks throughout allows you to both plan more strategically, and dictate rather than react throughout. If I'm in any other slot, it happens multiple times per draft where I wind up thinking, "Okay, I'm targeting THIS guy and THIS guy. Now, if I knew for sure I couldn't get guy two, I'd probably go this other direction, but is it worth the risk hoping I get both? And I'm screwed if I pass on THIS position, and it turns out a little run starts between my picks...hmmm..."

Better to be able to avoid those scenarios and be master of your own destiny, IMO. I don't care if there's an consensus dropoff in talent after nine or ten -- I'd still rather have pick twelve.

Users who are viewing this thread