What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2014 Rookie Class (1 Viewer)

RBM

Footballguy
Man I can't recall a more impressive rookie class. Just loaded with guys ready to play at a fairly high level. Both rb and wr. Jury still out on qbs but Bortles, Bridge and Carr look like they have potential.

Best I've ever seen or can remember for fantasy.

I just looked at the average footballguys dynasty rankings have 9 RBs from the 2014 draft class in the top 40...

Wasn't there a guy here in this chatroom who was really talking up this Rookie RB class? Looks like he had it pegged:

8) Hyde

14) Sankey

24) Hill

25) Mason

25) West

28) McKinnon

33) Williams

35) Crowell

39) Freeman

Charles Sims hasn't even hit the field yet...

Many here called this 2014 class pedestrian - I don't think so!!!

not sure why, but i decided to buy like crazy on this year's rookies.

part of it was how devalued the RB position has become in the NFL, but yet there were a lot of 2nd and 3rd round picks being spent on RBs. to me, that was like teams spending late to mid firsts on RBs in years past.

honestly though, none of us saw Peterson's situation coming, but grabbing McKinnon late was absolute gold.

oh, also still holding Marion Grice in one league to see what happens.

probably nothing, but they did sign him away from San Diego, and after seeing Oliver, it's not a huge knock that they put Grice on the PS.

Same goes for WR's. I know it's "early,' but look at Benjamin, Watkins, and now Beckham, Jr. Usually it's wait till the 3rd year to breakout. These guys are breaking out right before our eyes.

Same goes for WR's. I know it's "early,' but look at Benjamin, Watkins, and now Beckham, Jr. Usually it's wait till the 3rd year to breakout. These guys are breaking out right before our eyes.
iirc, this class was supposed to be very deep at WR, but yeah, they're playing well right out if the gate.

I just looked at the average footballguys dynasty rankings have 9 RBs from the 2014 draft class in the top 40...

Wasn't there a guy here in this chatroom who was really talking up this Rookie RB class? Looks like he had it pegged:

8) Hyde

14) Sankey

24) Hill

25) Mason

25) West

28) McKinnon

33) Williams

35) Crowell

39) Freeman

Disagree here.

There are always a slew of rookie RBs ranked in the top 40 just because they're rookies and the dynasty RB landscape is weak. 2012 also had nine rookie RBs in the top 40 at this point, but at the same time three rookies in the top 10 and two in the top 5. By the end of the year the #1 and #2 dynasty RBs were rookies, and 4 of the top 10 were rookies (Richardson, Martin, Wilson, and Morris).

By this point last year, again 4 of the top 10 were rookies (Lacy, Bell, Ball, Bernard).

The WRs have been crazy strong and the QBs are looking good, but even with some surprises at RB it's still way behind the last couple years. Both of those were every bit as deep while at the same time being MUCH stronger at the top. Carlos Hyde is the top rookie RB right now at RB8. Each of the last two years he'd have been behind three other guys right now.

8) Hyde

14) Sankey

24) Hill

25) Mason

25) West

28) McKinnon

33) Williams

35) Crowell

39) Freeman

Disagree here.

There are always a slew of rookie RBs ranked in the top 40 just because they're rookies and the dynasty RB landscape is weak. 2012 also had nine rookie RBs in the top 40 at this point, but at the same time three rookies in the top 10 and two in the top 5. By the end of the year the #1 and #2 dynasty RBs were rookies, and 4 of the top 10 were rookies (Richardson, Martin, Wilson, and Morris).

By this point last year, again 4 of the top 10 were rookies (Lacy, Bell, Ball, Bernard).

The WRs have been crazy strong and the QBs are looking good, but even with some surprises at RB it's still way behind the last couple years. Both of those were every bit as deep while at the same time being MUCH stronger at the top. Carlos Hyde is the top rookie RB right now at RB8. Each of the last two years he'd have been behind three other guys right now.
I think that 9 in the top 40 is a lot.... Especially for a so called pedestrian class...

part of it was how devalued the RB position has become in the NFL, but yet there were a lot of 2nd and 3rd round picks being spent on RBs. to me, that was like teams spending late to mid firsts on RBs in years past.

honestly though, none of us saw Peterson's situation coming, but grabbing McKinnon late was absolute gold.
absolute gold? He's rb42 right now. Middling at best and behind guys like Benny Cunningham and khiry Robinson

absolute gold? He's rb42 right now. Middling at best and behind guys like Benny Cunningham and khiry Robinson
I'd be happy to have McKinnon in dynasty.... Athleticism and situation....

6th round of this years rookie draft in IDP dynasty with 45 man rosters. ymmv.

Ranked 42 how? Over the whole season? He only started being used week 4 and beyond by Minn. prior to that he never had more than 4 touches in a game. Since then he's never had less than 10. In that time frame he's been RB24 in PPG.

RB 42 is an odd statement as his position is entirely dependent on scoring system. In the two leagues I am in, non-PPR he is RB 30 over the last four weeks( when he started getting meaningful carries, which is an important point in my view) and in a PPR with extra points for first downs, yardage and rush attempts he is RB 18 over those same four weeks. Not bad for a dude that only very few considered more than an afterthought just over a month ago.

And as has also been stated already, this is the beginning of his career which most thought would only start next year yet we get to watch a young man learn and evolve right before our eyes. I for one am simply appreciating watching him grow and improve every week, and watching Vikings games has actually become interesting over that time.

I do think this is an interesting and positive story line emerging from the ashes of a disturbing turn of events that led to it.

Not that any of you care what I think!

Users who are viewing this thread