What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Got the stones to start Michael Vick? (1 Viewer)

This weeks tough, but I could see him putting up some nice numbers against the Steelers next week...

I might have to. I have Romo and I am worried he may give it a go and then sit after the 1st series. It comes down to Hoyer or Vick for best available. At least I think I can count on 50 yards rushing before he gets hurt... right?

Thread title should be 'Is your team so awful, you have to start Mike Vick?'
eh, with byes and romo getting hurt, this is a waiver wire qb week for a lot of teams. im def considering vick along with asmith, glennon, hoyer. proly go vick as i like upside.

Vick was just claimed in my start-2 QB league. Last available starter on waivers. My opponent has both of his starting QB's on bye week and no backups. At least I can say it wasn't me. My conscious is clean....I didn't take Vick! :P

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Weeden over Vick if he goes this week. KC has been stingy. Always a good chance for garbage rushing stats with Ron Mexico though...

He'll probably have 10 pts at worst but 30+ at best.

He'll also have at least 3 turnovers, but his rushing yards will help.

Have to in one dynasty league (12 team, 50 roster spots).

I (unfortunately) have ARod and Matty Ice on byes, Manziel and Osweiler not starting yet; Vick is the only QB on waivers who is a guaranteed starter. Waivers are 24hr auction bid, so cant pick up Weeden based on GTD.

Worst is more like -4 with an int on his first throw then a strip sack fumble with broken ribs. People are nuts to be starting vick in arrowhead against andy reid. #1 against the pass and havent allowed a rushing td all year, buffalo wasnt game planned for a running qb but chiefs will be. Overload and blitz the right side every play, by the second quarter the jets will be chaining false starts and delay of game penalties.

More like who is in such a dire situation that they need to depend on vick this week... anyone depending on the Rex Ryan 3 ring circus will be disapointed...

14-team league with short benches. Picked him up this week to start week 10 when Brady's on bye. Rolling with him at home vs. Pittsburgh unless a better option emerges this week.

I do. Not sure if I'm crazy but I actually feel pretty good about it. Something like 200 passing, 40 rushing, 1 td and a turnover or two is a pretty safe floor

I do. Not sure if I'm crazy but I actually feel pretty good about it. Something like 200 passing, 40 rushing, 1 td and a turnover or two is a pretty safe floor
so, in a little over 5 quarters of play vick is 26/55 for 200/0, but 200/1 is a pretty safe floor for him on the road in one of the toughest buildings in the league, against the team that has given up the fewest passing yards this season.

ok

so, in a little over 5 quarters of play vick is 26/55 for 200/0, but 200/1 is a pretty safe floor for him on the road in one of the toughest buildings in the league, against the team that has given up the fewest passing yards this season.

ok
Plus, add that Vick has fumbled the ball four times in just five quarters (two fumbles lost). He's playing horribly.

ok
How many of those weeks did he get first team reps? Zero. He was coming in on the fly. With a week of prep I see: 175 passing, 1 TD, 2 INT. 45 rushing 1 TD.

ok
How many of those weeks did he get first team reps? Zero. He was coming in on the fly. With a week of prep I see: 175 passing, 1 TD, 2 INT. 45 rushing 1 TD.
so, a week of prep puts him below his floor?

ok
so, a week of prep puts him below his floor?
His floor is injured on his first scramble. I don't really believe in floors.

I'm going on record. Vick still has it. I saw him move the ball. Keep drives alive. All scoring drives last week ended in rushing scores, not by him, but easily could have been him or passing tds giving him a 20+ scoring day and he didn't play the full game. Fantasy wise he is high risk high reward. Turns it over too much but has gas. If I was in a pinch or a big underdog I wouldn't hesitate starting him as he can still put up 100 yards on the ground alone.

Users who are viewing this thread