What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should Drew Brees be allowed to be dropped? (1 Viewer)

Arnold. S

Footballguy
So the commish in a league I'm in apparently turned off the Can't cut list option when creating the league, which led to someone this past week dropping Drew Brees for Ryan Tannenhill (and used $7 of FAAB). Brees is currently the #6 QB in my league and I'd imagine would be on the Cant Cut list if there was one.

My question is, should this be allowed, or should the commish step in and do something? It just doesn't feel right to be able to drop a player with the caliber of Brees, even if he's been underperforming to his standards.

Should be allowed if no can't cut list.

Tannehill is/around QB10. By using the same logic that Brees shouldn't be dropped......Tannehill should be owned. Brees hasn't played well and just lost by far and away his top WR in Cooks. I don't find the move outlandish at all if one looks at it from that perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who determines which players are "undroppable"? Was Tom Brady droppable earlier this season, but not now? Was Adrian Peterson undroppable? Josh Gordon? I would analyze a drop situation to ensure it is not a disgruntled owner trying to sabotage the league or some sort of collusion, but genuine management (or mismanagement) of a team should be left to the team owner.

Who determines which players are "undroppable"? Was Tom Brady droppable earlier this season, but not now? Was Adrian Peterson undroppable? Josh Gordon? I would analyze a drop situation to ensure it is not a disgruntled owner trying to sabotage the league or some sort of collusion, but genuine management (or mismanagement) of a team should be left to the team owner.
Come on, we all know public opinion determines everything.

If someone wants to drop him they should be able to, unless it is a blatant give and go.

But why would someone drop him? I bet this is where people start overthinking it and believe Brees isnt still a stud. Still a top 8 QB in every league I'm in and has so much upside in scoring.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to your rules he an be cut. I don't like a "no cut" list,very subjective. Better rule is no player(except kickers and D's) that is dropped after week(pick your week depending on your playoff schedule) can be claimed on waivers. Most leagues I play in the cutoff is week 10 or 11. A few go to week 13.

its a shark move the guy who dropped him knows Drew ate some bad gumbo last night and is out the rest of the season with... shall we say stomach issues

I agree there should be not be a no cut list with that being said that guy cutting Brees is an absolute moron.

It should be allowed if he thinks he's working in the interest of his team, and this isn't tanking or collusion to get Brees on another team.

FUBAR said:
Should be no no-cut list. Never understood the need for it.
Agreed.

The best leagues are the ones where anyone dropped after a certain week (like week 11 or 12) cannot be picked up again the rest of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread