What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sitting on a Roman hotel terrace -- Ask me anything (1 Viewer)

Can't promise it's the last one, but did you go with the Legos? What was the final decision on that?
I did not. My wife picked up some fancy jam and American hand lotions. I grabbed a nice bottle of Eggnog made with Kentucky Bourbon and a bottle of wine that's made near where we live.

But I will ask if I should bring Legos next time.

Make sure to eat at La Carbonara while you are there. It is fantastic. See my Italy thread if you want to see all kinds of other FBG suggestions.

What is "Christmas season" like in Rome? Any seasonal decor at all?
This is actually a great time of year to come. There are virtually no tourists. No lines for anything. And there are decorations everywhere with Christmas trees as well. There's a huge tree in front of St Peter's.

But, there aren't really lights on the homes themselves, just what is put up along some of the streets.

i've heard Italy is great fun and rome in particular. would love to go one day. tell me more. oh, does everyone speak italian there?

When I was in Rome a couple months ago, I had a hard time describing things as "Roman". I think I equate the term so strongly with the empire that I find it hard to also use that to describe a terrace that happens to be in Rome.

If you see the Pope, tell him this joke:

The Pope goes to New York. He is picked up at the airport by a limousine. He looks at the beautiful car and says to the driver, ''You know, I hardly ever get to drive. Would you please let me?''
The driver is understandably hesistant and says, ''I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm supposed to do that.''
But the pope persists, ''Please?''
The driver finally lets up. ''Oh, all right, I can't really say no to the pope.''
So the pope takes the wheel, and boy, is he a speed demon! He hits the gas and goes around 100 mph in a 45 zone. A policeman notices and pulls him over. The cop walks up and asks the pope to roll down the window. Startled and surprised, the young officer asks the pope to wait a minute. He goes back to his patrol car and radios the chief.
Cop: ''Chief, I have a problem.''
Chief: ''What sort of problem?''
Cop: ''Well, you see, I pulled over this guy for driving way over the speed limit but it's someone really important.''
Chief: ''Important like the mayor?''
Cop: ''No, no, much more important than that.''
Chief: ''Important like the governor?''
Cop: ''Wayyyyyy more important than that.''
Chief: ''Like the president?''
Cop: ''More.''
Chief: ''Who's more important than the president?''
Cop: ''I don't know, but he's got the pope DRIVING for him!''

Users who are viewing this thread