What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 rookie 1.03(Pre NFL draft) for Dynasty (1 Viewer)

Who is your choice for rookie pick 1.03 in 2QB scoring?

• WR Amari Cooper

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • WR DeVante Parker

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • WR Sammie Coates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WR Kevin White

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • RB Jay Ajayi

• RB Tevin Coleman

• WR Jalen Strong

• WR Dorial Green-Beckham

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • QB Marcus Mariotta

Votes: 27 28.4%
  • RB Duke Johnson

• RB TJ Yeldon

• QB Jamies Winston

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • QB Brett Hundley

• Other (please post who this player is in the thread)

• Dont play in this format

Votes: 31 32.6%

• Total voters

Biabreakable

Footballguy
This set of polls is for rookie picks prior to the NFL draft. There will also be a set of polls for after the NFL draft. As always - please feel free to add any comments on why you selected a player at this slot and to suggest players who you think have been overlooked (or if you voted other, then please feel free to add a post on who you voted for).

The purpose for these polls is to attempt to roughly gauge the perceived values of the rookie players without knowing the context of their draft position and team that they are drafted by. The polls that take place after the NFL Draft obviously will factor in situation as well as talent, and of course the knowledge of what NFL Draft round and team each player has landed on.

Debate is very welcome as we all want to know not only which players are specifically ranked ahead of others but also why. This also bumps the thread so that more people will see the poll and hopefully participate by voting.

I will try to stay on top of these and keep the polls moving. The more votes the better. I prefer to not close any poll until there are at least 100 votes and I might leave a poll open longer if the vote is very close between prospects.

Here are the results so far:

2015 Rookie 1.01 (Pre NFL draft)

2015 Rookie 1.02 (Pre NFL draft)

Standard Scoring

1.01 RB Todd Gurley (50.4%)
1.02 RB Melvin Gordon (79.8%)

PPR Scoring

1.01 RB Todd Gurley (50.4%)
1.02 RB Melvin Gordon (58.3%)

Start 2 QB Scoring

1.01 RB Todd Gurley (30%)

1.02 RB Melvin Gordon (27.4%)

Last edited by a moderator:
For me this one starts to get interesting. I like Parker, Parker, Winston.

I almost went Coleman in the first poll. I like him and Ajayi a lot.

For me this one starts to get interesting. I like Parker, Parker, Winston.

I almost went Coleman in the first poll. I like him and Ajayi a lot.
I think this one is more of a formality, at least for the 1st 2 polls. After this it might get interesting, though.

For dynasty, I prefer Mariota for 2QB over Winston. Winston may (or may not) start faster out of the gate, but IMO he forever will bear the risk that he will do something awful off the field and derail his career.

I can add Ameer Abdullah to the next poll if that is what your getting at EBF? (I really don't get hashtags most of the time)

After other and dont play I only have 13 spots. Once a few of these guys get voted in I will have room for guys like that.

Would anyone be voting for Ameer at this point? I do not see any other votes.

I play in a couple of 2 QB leagues.

Funny draft coming.

Normally the good teams can pick up some decent talent as the strugglers load up with QBs early.

This year I see the early picks in each round mirroring standard leagues but then the good teams going all in on QBs in case they dont get a chance for a few more seasons.

The top QB prospects look to be very athletic and I have seen them ranked very high in mock drafts. But when you read about them, comparisons are made to Colin Kaepernick and RG3.

The combine will tell us more. But right now I am not really seeing any of the QB being worthy of a high pick in fantasy football.

Even in 2QB leagues where a QB is worth twice as much, I still think there is risk of these QBs busting or not being good enough to finish in the top 12.

Top 24 is quite possible, especially if they do well running the ball. But I likely wouldn't be looking to draft a QB until after pick 6 even in 2QB leagues.

Poll closed at 90 votes.

Results

Standard Scoring

1.03 WR Amari Cooper (67%)

PPR Scoring

1.03 WR Amari Cooper (73.4%)

Start 2 QB Scoring

1.03 QB Marcus Mariotta (31.7%)

Current poll can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Biabreakable said:
I can add Ameer Abdullah to the next poll if that is what your getting at EBF? (I really don't get hashtags most of the time)

After other and dont play I only have 13 spots. Once a few of these guys get voted in I will have room for guys like that.

Would anyone be voting for Ameer at this point? I do not see any other votes.
1.03 is too high for him in terms of where he'll be drafted and where he'll go in rookie drafts. Something in the 1.05-1.08 range seems more likely. If he goes to a decent situation and is vetted by the league with a 2nd-early 3rd round pick then I'll be very intrigued though. He's a guy like LeSean McCoy who has some special qualities despite not really fitting the conventional 1st round RB mold or having that type of hype. McCoy went mid 1st in the Crabtree/Moreno/Beanie class and has been far more valuable than all of those guys.

Users who are viewing this thread