Gents, this is the Team X thread. If you aren't Sand, Pizzatyme, joe t, wdcrob, spoofy, boomboom, unialias you are more than welcome to look in on this thread, but please don't kibbutz. If you just wandered in here this is a thread for the team above to play Team O in a couple games of chess. We will be discussing moves and lines in here to crush those other guys. Rules are pretty simple:
- 3 days for each move.
- We will play one game as white and one as black simultaneously, so please label your lines as such.
- We can consult chess opening books, but after that it is brainpower. No chess engines. The analyze feature in Chess Time is awesome - great tool.
- We have a spread of folks in experience and skill. Since this is a learning experience everyone should contribute and put their thoughts on the line they think is best. I look forward to this as there are concepts that I know that I will get a better handle on. So please contribute.
- When contributing please post the line you foresee for a long as you think is useful. It helps a lot when you find your error 3 moves down the line. Or when you miss a possible response to your line (a big one for me).
- We will use a day or two to discuss and then have a vote on the best line to take. I expect the decisions will be pretty cut and dry by the time discussion is done.
Anything else I missed?
This should be fun!
Some good resources we can use:
http://www.chessgames.com/ Has awesome opening stats. We can refer to this for our opening library.
http://www.caissa.co...m-generator.php For this you can enter moves and have it animate. It may help with looking over proposed lines.
Team O - Team X:
Otello Otello - Sand Sand101
kutta kutta - Pizza Pizzatyme
psychopav psychopav - Joe T Joe_T
karpis Ray_Karpis - wdcrob WDCrob
brownsfan brownsfan - spoofy spOOfy
bogart Bowlin - boomboom boomboomjr
dancing bones dancingbones - unialias chasec