What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W4 - Green Bay v Minnesota (1 Viewer)

Unfortunately if I wasn't such a diehard fan and thereby dead against betting against my team I'd be all over Minnesota -3.5. I feel dirty even saying that. I just have no confidence in the Packers crappy O-Line.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just happy the game is finally here so that I don't have to listen to any more promos or discussion about it.

Never this excited about a regular season game. Hope they win but it's usually where the Vikings like to rip our hearts out and stomp on them.

GO VIKINGS !!

I'm predicting an absolutely unbelievable game by Peterson.. 185 and three tds

Unfortunately if I wasn't such a diehard fan and thereby dead against betting against my team I'd be all over Minnesota -3.5. I feel dirty even saying that. I just have no confidence in the Packers crappy O-Line.
Have to agree. Only hope is that the new pack D mixes it up and Farve does one of his patented 4 int games. Otherwise I dont see the pack overcoming a bad o line

Never this excited about a regular season game. Hope they win but it's usually where the Vikings like to rip our hearts out and stomp on them.GO VIKINGS !!I'm predicting an absolutely unbelievable game by Peterson.. 185 and three tds
Pack will make Farve (and those crappy receivers) beat them. Better odds than letting Peterson run all over them.

Rodgers has learned so much from watching Favre that he even folds his chin strap and snaps it to the side of his helmet like Favre.

Never this excited about a regular season game. Hope they win but it's usually where the Vikings like to rip our hearts out and stomp on them.

GO VIKINGS !!

I hear you brother, but this year is different. #4 is on our side, we lose that game last week without him.GO VIKES!!!

Man this pregame is painful....the whole Monday Night Countdown crew should just go down to the field and take turns giving Favre oral.

As far as the game...

I'm going to agree with most people and say Peterson will run all over this Packers D. For the second year in a row, even with the new D, they cannot stop the run. If I was Chilly, I would lean on Favre as little as necessary. Ya there's some hype and all that crap....but Peterson could single-handedly win this game for the Vikes.

On the other side of the ball, with Clifton out...it could get ugly for Rodgers. I don't think he'll have much time to throw and that offense will again have difficulty because of it. If Colledge can hold up against Allen, and the rest of the Oline can just do decent....Green Bay might have a shot.

My guess:

Vikes: 31

Pack :20

IMHO - all the pre game talk is about Farve, but tonight is going to be AD's offical MVP kickoff anouncement.

This should be a fun thread. I completely get the Favre hype, it's a marketing thing. That will continue all game as Gruden is an unapologetic Favre lover. What bothers me with all the Favre love is that noone mentions the fact that there isn't a single GM in the league who would trade Rodgers for Favre straight up. That being said, I think the Vikings have a better team at this point in the season, and their at home. The bigger game is the one in Green Bay.

Have to agree. Only hope is that the new pack D mixes it up and Farve does one of his patented 4 int games. Otherwise I dont see the pack overcoming a bad o line
Yep. It really is a shame though. The Packers ooze talent up and down the roster. But the O-Line is so poor that I'm afraid much of it will go to waste. They don't pass protect which hampers the play-calling and eliminates much of the playbook. They don't run block which hurts the backs. And the aren't good enough to sustain long drives thus putting the defense on the field more and leading to their breakdown as the game goes on. Just an average O-Line and I believe this team could be truely special. It's a waste of talent.

GO VIKINGS !!

I hear you brother, but this year is different. #4 is on our side, we lose that game last week without him.GO VIKES!!!
Ugh, don't remind me.....I like Vikes tonight too.

remember last year when people thought ADP was going to run all over the Saints on MNF? i think he gets shut down tonight again. 42 yards on 17 carries.

They need to utilize screens and short passes to get the line feeling good and, more importantly, giving Rodgers time to throw. We'll see what happens, but the Vikes should win on paper. But that's why they play the games.

ESPN, more than any other news/network, knows how to sell the sizzle, not the steak. I'm not sure I even know what the 'steak' is at this point.

I could see Favre calling a few unneccessary audibles just to stick it to the Slack.. and doing so those audibles might blow up in his face.

But I hope not. Just one of my fears.

Go Vikes !

remember last year when people thought ADP was going to run all over the Saints on MNF? i think he gets shut down tonight again. 42 yards on 17 carries.
Only if Favre does a couple of chuck and ducks early because of pressure, with woodson int's to TD's.Not counting on it.AP, 140 yards, 2td

ESPN, more than any other news/network, knows how to sell the sizzle, not the steak. I'm not sure I even know what the 'steak' is at this point.
ESPN knows what theyre doing. The fans who want the steak are going to the table no matter who is serving it. The sizzle is for the casual fans and your girlfriend.

Fair - and I think they know they are doing it. I don't think it's coincidental that the last bit before the game was a breakdown on AD. As much as they would love this to be a Farve game, it's going to come down to Rodgers or AD.

did Jaws just say ADP one of greatest backs in NFL history??
Two guys in the division alone come to mind first. Payton and Sanders down? Check that...three. Gale Sayers. Just more ridiculous hyperbole from ESPN. Maybe one day for ADP, but surely not yet.

If Rodgers can stay upright he's going to torch the Vikes.

Book it.

They need to utilize screens and short passes to get the line feeling good and, more importantly, giving Rodgers time to throw. We'll see what happens, but the Vikes should win on paper. But that's why they play the games.
Only thing I've predicted right all year, I'll retire now.

there isn't a single GM in the league who would trade Rodgers for Favre straight up.
I think what you say is correct, but I don't think it has much significance. How many teams want to give up a young QB drafted in the first round to acquire a QB who's going to turn 40 this week, no matter how talented and storied? Very few teams would make that swap even if their QB hadn't had a very impressive first year as a starter simply due to the age difference and extremely narrow window of opportunity to win with the 40-year old at QB. Even the Raiders would not really benefit from making such a trade (if they could) as they are not close to competing for a championship in the next year or two.

Packers kept two backs in on that last throw - finally - and Rodgers had enoguh time to hit Jennings.

Users who are viewing this thread