What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Lost Season 6 *** (1 Viewer)

I honestly think this show is becoming unwatchable.

But I'm not going to complain. I'm going to finish it out. I feel pot committed.

I am thinking that the structure that Jack first saw when Hurley was turning the dial has something to do with the location of the person that Hurley was supposed to be helping bring to the island.

shader said:
I think some of you are totally not getting what happened when the island blew up. It didn't just stop the plane from crashing..It changed the future from that point in time..not from just when the plane crashed.
No, I think you are wrong. We are getting it fine, we just don't like where it has headed. You can't blow my mind if you don't offer a coherent script and this script has been all over the place.

Let me first say that like (most) everyone else I'm less than thrilled with the flash-sideways components of this season, but we've always had filler or what I like to refer to as the female element of the show - showing relationships and the like. It's not ideal but I'm willing to put up with it for the rest.

What I don't get is the hate for the entire season. Really? Let's see - they've basically answered the following (to at least some degree):

- Where Claire is

- What the numbers are

- Why they were brought to the island

- What happened to the stewardess and those kids

And several more minor ones that I'm sure I'm forgetting. All of these things were things that people were questioning and wanted to know and they've told us. And they still have what, 12 more episodes?

Also, how is it more confusing? Seriously, are you people that stupid? They've done everything they can short of saying "this is a different timeline" to show that it's a different timeline and that things are different. Just ####### accept that even if it's boring. It's not complicated. It's not rocket science. We aren't supposed to figure out the flash-sideways. And I dislike them too but come on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me first say that like (most) everyone else I'm less than thrilled with the flash-sideways components of this season, but we've always had filler or what I like to refer to as the female element of the show - showing relationships and the like. It's not ideal but I'm willing to put up with it for the rest.What I don't get is the hate for the entire season. Really? Let's see - they've basically answered the following (to at least some degree):- Where Claire is- What the numbers are- Why they were brought to the island- What happened to the stewardess and those kidsAnd several more minor ones that I'm sure I'm forgetting. All of these things were things that people were questioning and wanted to know and they've told us. And they still have what, 12 more episodes?Also, how is it more confusing? Seriously, are you people that stupid? They've done everything they can short of saying "this is a different timeline" to show that it's a different timeline and that things are different. Just ####### accept that even if it's boring. It's not complicated. It's not rocket science. We aren't supposed to figure out the flash-sideways. And I dislike them too but come on.
I think what's happening is it's the bottom of the 8th inning and the home crowd is getting anxious. They can't understand certain moves the coach has made to put his team down by a few runs. Why take out his starter earlier in the game when he was still pitching well (IE: Eko)? Why THAT relief pitcher? He sucks (Nikki & Paulo). Why did THAT guy pinch hit (Rose & Bernard)?But as you stated, there have been some good highlights to keep it interesting.I think only when the game is over could those moves make sense. Unless they lose. Then coach got it wrong.

I liked last night's episode. :)

What I've found interesting is that we've been talking about Jacob being the champion of free-will, yet he's been the one pulling the strings on God knows how many people to get them to do what he wants. Whereas, notLocke seemingly gives Sawyer a chance to decide what he wants to do. The latter sounds more like free-will to me.

I also found it interesting that Jacob specifically got Hurley and Jack out of the Temple, knowing something bad was going to happen.

larry_boy_44 said:
Maurile Tremblay said:
Before this is over, I think Jack will end up being a major character.
as opposed to the minor, meaningless character he's been so far?
We could use some sort of broken sarcasm meter smiley. That guy writing "sarcasm" in script doesn't really capture the sentiment in my opinion.Also, I hate to disagree with the group here, but IMO domesticated Claire is way hotter than Rousseau-Claire. Even Pregnant Claire was hotter than Rousseau-Claire, and I usually find the preggos to be terribly unsexy.

I liked last night's episode. :unsure: What I've found interesting is that we've been talking about Jacob being the champion of free-will, yet he's been the one pulling the strings on God knows how many people to get them to do what he wants. Whereas, notLocke seemingly gives Sawyer a chance to decide what he wants to do. The latter sounds more like free-will to me.I also found it interesting that Jacob specifically got Hurley and Jack out of the Temple, knowing something bad was going to happen.
There's a difference between free will and a push imo.Jacob isn't forcing people to act in a certain way. He's also lying to them to convince them to do something that's in his interests. He's using his understanding of their mental makeup and what makes them tick to give them a nudge in the direction he wants them to go.I'm guessing all of these nudges are designed to tell him if the candidates are really the one, and it presents a pretty interesting contrast to how the nemesis is going about it. He promised Sawyer answers, sort of half delivered, flat out lied to ben to manipulate him into killing jacob (hell, he even developed an elaborate multi-decade spanning plan that allowed him to do that), and convinced Claire that Aaron was stolen from her while posing as her dead father.Jacob, on the other hand, is more trusting in human nature. Jack will get to the point where he's supposed to be, but it will happen on his own time when he's ready.We still don't understand the purpose behind their moves, but the contrast is pretty obvious.

What I've found interesting is that we've been talking about Jacob being the champion of free-will, yet he's been the one pulling the strings on God knows how many people to get them to do what he wants. Whereas, notLocke seemingly gives Sawyer a chance to decide what he wants to do. The latter sounds more like free-will to me.
VERY :unsure:We've been led to believe all along that Jacob is the "good guy" - dressed in white, seemingly peaceful. However, Flocke/Smokey certainly seems to be more of a champion of free will, where as Jacob certainly inetervenes and alters people's destiny. I'm still not convinced which one, if either, is truly the "good guy." This will be interesting to play out.As for the flash-sideways, I think we saw some hints that the two alternate timelines are intertwined. The biggest being Jack's appendectomy scar. I realize how complicated the storyline has become, but I have faith that the writers have a plan for this and eventually we will see how his flash-sideways storylines intertwine/relate with the timeline on the island.

Let me first say that like (most) everyone else I'm less than thrilled with the flash-sideways components of this season, but we've always had filler or what I like to refer to as the female element of the show - showing relationships and the like. It's not ideal but I'm willing to put up with it for the rest.What I don't get is the hate for the entire season. Really? Let's see - they've basically answered the following (to at least some degree):- Where Claire is- What the numbers are- Why they were brought to the island- What happened to the stewardess and those kidsAnd several more minor ones that I'm sure I'm forgetting. All of these things were things that people were questioning and wanted to know and they've told us. And they still have what, 12 more episodes?Also, how is it more confusing? Seriously, are you people that stupid? They've done everything they can short of saying "this is a different timeline" to show that it's a different timeline and that things are different. Just ####### accept that even if it's boring. It's not complicated. It's not rocket science. We aren't supposed to figure out the flash-sideways. And I dislike them too but come on.
I don't really get your condescending, arrogant rant. Bottom line, it's not living up to its hype (not that I think anyone could have expected it to). I think that is what happens when you take a year between seasons and have every commericial tells us how shocked we are going to be and how many questions they are going to answer.From your list...- I hope that Claire plays some part in the story since they've went out of their way to reintroduce her. If not, who cares where she is.- You think that by putting names next to the numbers explains how they were used by Hurley to win the lottery, boadcast from the tower, showing up in basically every early episode, etc., etc., etc? Personally, I think its a cop out.- We don't know why they were brought to the island...yet- Its kind of cool to see the stewardess and kids, but we have no idea why they were captured in the first place.When you create a show driven on questions, the fan expect answers in the end. Maybe we will get them, maybe we won't.

We've been led to believe all along that Jacob is the "good guy" - dressed in white, seemingly peaceful. However, Flocke/Smokey certainly seems to be more of a champion of free will, where as Jacob certainly inetervenes and alters people's destiny. I'm still not convinced which one, if either, is truly the "good guy." This will be interesting to play out.
I suppose it depends on how you think about "free will" but he's letting people make their choices based on false information that he gives them.Ben - regarding jacobClaire - regarding aaronSawyer ? who knows how much of that story is really true.

VERY :unsure:We've been led to believe all along that Jacob is the "good guy" - dressed in white, seemingly peaceful. However, Flocke/Smokey certainly seems to be more of a champion of free will, where as Jacob certainly inetervenes and alters people's destiny. I'm still not convinced which one, if either, is truly the "good guy." This will be interesting to play out.As for the flash-sideways, I think we saw some hints that the two alternate timelines are intertwined. The biggest being Jack's appendectomy scar. I realize how complicated the storyline has become, but I have faith that the writers have a plan for this and eventually we will see how his flash-sideways storylines intertwine/relate with the timeline on the island.
I thought about this, too. However, the notion that killing people is bad is a pretty universal one. MIB's centuries-long push to kill Jacob, followed by his massacre under the foot, lead me to believe that he's most likely "bad" in the conventional sense.

That entire episode was basically a long-winded way of saying, "Jack's important." And, "If people don't get to the island one way, they'll get there another."

Unlucky lucky Hurley made it to the island until the bomb went off and prevented him from making it to the island despite being on the island, so maybe lucky lucky Hurley can make it to the island without being retroactively prevented from making it to the island. And so on.

The best crap ending most of you can hope for probably involves answers to most of your questions and yet a third alternative timeline beginning. This time it'll probably start with a skinny Hurley bending Libby over an empty crate in the alley behind the lottery office.

VERY :shrug:We've been led to believe all along that Jacob is the "good guy" - dressed in white, seemingly peaceful. However, Flocke/Smokey certainly seems to be more of a champion of free will, where as Jacob certainly inetervenes and alters people's destiny. I'm still not convinced which one, if either, is truly the "good guy." This will be interesting to play out.As for the flash-sideways, I think we saw some hints that the two alternate timelines are intertwined. The biggest being Jack's appendectomy scar. I realize how complicated the storyline has become, but I have faith that the writers have a plan for this and eventually we will see how his flash-sideways storylines intertwine/relate with the timeline on the island.
I thought about this, too. However, the notion that killing people is bad is a pretty universal one. MIB's centuries-long push to kill Jacob, followed by his massacre under the foot, lead me to believe that he's most likely "bad" in the conventional sense.
I'm not necessarily talking about good vs. bad in my post above. More the appearance of free will and pulling strings.Joseph's post above was quite good about a definition of free will and I guess Jacob kind of summed it up last night. "Sometimes you can jump in the back of a cab and tell somebody to do something, and sometimes they have to sit and look at the ocean." I guess my definition of "free will" is something that people do of their own volition, rather than being pushed or guided by seen or unseen forces.I'm not saying that notLocke is being truthful, either, but with the information that he gives people, he's allowing them to make choices that steer them one direction or another.Oh, and crazy Claire isn't nearly as attractive as "normal" Claire. Hell, goth Claire was more attractive than hippy Claire.

VERY :no: We've been led to believe all along that Jacob is the "good guy" - dressed in white, seemingly peaceful. However, Flocke/Smokey certainly seems to be more of a champion of free will, where as Jacob certainly inetervenes and alters people's destiny. I'm still not convinced which one, if either, is truly the "good guy." This will be interesting to play out.

As for the flash-sideways, I think we saw some hints that the two alternate timelines are intertwined. The biggest being Jack's appendectomy scar. I realize how complicated the storyline has become, but I have faith that the writers have a plan for this and eventually we will see how his flash-sideways storylines intertwine/relate with the timeline on the island.
I'm not necessarily talking about good vs. bad in my post above. More the appearance of free will and pulling strings.Joseph's post above was quite good about a definition of free will and I guess Jacob kind of summed it up last night. "Sometimes you can jump in the back of a cab and tell somebody to do something, and sometimes they have to sit and look at the ocean."

I guess my definition of "free will" is something that people do of their own volition, rather than being pushed or guided by seen or unseen forces.

I'm not saying that notLocke is being truthful, either, but with the information that he gives people, he's allowing them to make choices that steer them one direction or another.

Oh, and crazy Claire isn't nearly as attractive as "normal" Claire. Hell, goth Claire was more attractive than hippy Claire.
Who makes any decision without being pushed or guided by seen or unseen forces? Every decision you make is guided by something. CrossEyed has baby jeebus whispering in his ear, woz follows the voices in his head, Joseph does whatever his wife tells him, and Hurley has a brain tumor that causes him to see dead people. Not much difference, really.

In the "enhanced" pop up version of last week's episode last night the pop ups were commenting on light and dark, good and evil. But they reversed them in the comment. Something along the lines of the light and dark pieces signify evil and good, wish I had the exact words but noticed it last night.

Anyone else notice that? May not have been a coincidence. I'm not convined of who the "good guys" and "bad guys" are yet. Sure MIB has killed people... but so has Kate, Locke, Sawyer, Sayid, etc.

Who makes any decision without being pushed or guided by seen or unseen forces? Every decision you make is guided by something. CrossEyed has baby jeebus whispering in his ear, woz follows the voices in his head, Joseph does whatever his wife tells him, and Hurley has a brain tumor that causes him to see dead people. Not much difference, really.
Fair enough, makes sense. If this show ends with a close-up of Jack or Hurley and mini-versions of Jacob and notLocke on their shoulders with halo's and pitchforks, I'm gonna be pissed.

Fair enough, makes sense. If this show ends with a close-up of Jack or Hurley and mini-versions of Jacob and notLocke on their shoulders with halo's and pitchforks, I'm gonna be pissed.
CrazyClaire will be sitting in the sand, passed out from her infection:HaloHurley: "#### her. #### her brains out. Suck her ####, squeeze her buns. You know she wants it."

DevilHurley: "For shame! Hugo, I'm surprised at you!"

HaloHurley: "Aw, don't listen to that jack-off. Look at those gazongas. You'll never get a better chance."

FFA: "What do you think HaloHurley meant when he was telling Hugo what to do to Claire? and why was it HaloHurley instead of DevilHurley? Does this mean 6 more weeks of winter?"

In the "enhanced" pop up version of last week's episode last night the pop ups were commenting on light and dark, good and evil. But they reversed them in the comment. Something along the lines of the light and dark pieces signify evil and good, wish I had the exact words but noticed it last night.Anyone else notice that? May not have been a coincidence. I'm not convined of who the "good guys" and "bad guys" are yet. Sure MIB has killed people... but so has Kate, Locke, Sawyer, Sayid, etc.
True, Kate, Locke, Sawyer and Sayid have killed. They've also been portrayed as flawed and human- it would be a surprise if they turned out to be some supernatural force of good. Same goes for MIB. he may not turn out to be "evil," but it would be very surprising if he/it turns out to be a supernatural force of "good."

In the "enhanced" pop up version of last week's episode last night the pop ups were commenting on light and dark, good and evil. But they reversed them in the comment. Something along the lines of the light and dark pieces signify evil and good, wish I had the exact words but noticed it last night.Anyone else notice that? May not have been a coincidence. I'm not convined of who the "good guys" and "bad guys" are yet. Sure MIB has killed people... but so has Kate, Locke, Sawyer, Sayid, etc.
:lmao: Basically every one of our castaway "heroes" is a murderer - they've all killed somebody either prior to crashing on the island, or since. Or in many cases, both.While I agree that as stated above, murder is bad (mmkay?) then which one of our castaways is truly peaceful enough to be a "candidate"?I am operating under the assumption that candidate means a potential replacement for Jacob, or some (for lack of a better description) Skywalker type figure who "brings balance to the force". If that isn't what the "candidate" is then my theory is shot to pieces.

Bob Sacamano said:
They were on an island in the middle of nowhere with polar bears and a killer monster made out of black smoke and strange people who wanted to kill them for seemingly no reason and time jumping and electromagnetic fields and mysterious numbers and all kinds of odd connections with each other and a partridge in a ####ing pear tree... and NOW, because Jack has a queer piano playing son, NOW it's getting too complicated? You people are odd.
rolzz

I am thinking that the structure that Jack first saw when Hurley was turning the dial has something to do with the location of the person that Hurley was supposed to be helping bring to the island.
I'm thinking they need to stop introducing new mysteries and start focusing strictly on delivering answers.

We still don't know what the numbers are, or why they were brought to the island, or what happened to the kids. And now we have new mysteries like how in the world does a lighthouse have magical powers.

rick6668 said:
Jacob is Obi-Wan Kenobi. :lmao:
I just lied to a samuri.
Whatever you think of last night's episode, or the season so far, there's no denying that Hurley knocked it out of the park last night.
The trouble is this TV show is beginning to make fun of itself, or in other words become a parody of itself, through Hurley's observations.
Pretty sure it's been like this for the past three seasons.

Jacob offers people advice. He suggests they do something. He doesn't force people to do anything. He offers information, but you are not forced to believe it. The choice is up to the individual. I'm a bit surprised that some people in this thread are actually buying into notLocke's false argument that if someone gives you advice or information, they are taking away your free will.

If Jacob had handcuffed Hurley and Jack and dragged them to the lighthouse, that's interfering with free will.

rick6668 said:
Jacob is Obi-Wan Kenobi. :P
I just lied to a samuri.
Whatever you think of last night's episode, or the season so far, there's no denying that Hurley knocked it out of the park last night.
The trouble is this TV show is beginning to make fun of itself, or in other words become a parody of itself, through Hurley's observations.
I'd say even further back than that. Hurley's always been the anchor, the fat guy in a cast of impossibly good-looking people, the "normal" guy who keeps the whole thing grounded. It goes back even to the golf game in Season One, which I think he organized, yes?

I'd say even further back than that. Hurley's always been the anchor, the fat guy in a cast of impossibly good-looking people, the "normal" guy who keeps the whole thing grounded. It goes back even to the golf game in Season One, which I think he organized, yes?
He also had the greatest kill scene ever. Running over an other with the 70's VW shag van.

rick6668 said:
Jacob is Obi-Wan Kenobi. :P
I just lied to a samuri.
Also, self-parody doesn't necessarily mean there's anything "wrong" with a show. The O.C. pulled it off brilliantly, for one. Not the greatest show ever obviously, but a good, entertaining show that did clever self-parody pretty much every episode.

To be honest you sound like the really ugly guy who was also very sensitive about his looks and forever jealous of beautiful people. I'm really not trying to start an argument, I'm just being brutally honest. Carry on.

To be honest you sound like the really ugly guy who was also very sensitive about his looks and forever jealous of beautiful people. I'm really not trying to start an argument, I'm just being brutally honest. Carry on.
WTF? The guy makes an observation based on what we've viewed on the show and you go here? Really?

Not only did you totally nail it, but your comment was totally relevant to the thread.

Not only did you totally nail it, but your comment was totally relevant to the thread.
Yah well in my entire life, I've never heard one physically attractive person discuss the ugly guy as the "normal" one in relation to everyone else being "too attractive."

I liked last night's episode. :lmao:
Me too. But I'm a Jack fan and I think Claire is smoking so I'm easily pleased with the latter. Plus, I like the fact she's now got all kinds of the crazies going on.
I also found it interesting that Jacob specifically got Hurley and Jack out of the Temple, knowing something bad was going to happen.
I also found it very interesting that Jacob doesn't want Kate involved in whatever he has planned for Jack and Hurley. I also thought Jack's comment about thinking the island could fix him to be interesting. Was that a foreshadowing of him assuming the role of the new Jacob? Plenty of us have speculated on that in the past. And with Locke dead and Sawyer shifting to the dark side (apparently), he seems to be the likely candidate. As far as the flash sideways, I'm not sure what it all means but I doubt they would be introduced at this stage unless the producers intended them to mean something when it's all said and done. So I'm fine being patient and seeing if it all ties together somehow.

Yah well in my entire life, I've never heard one physically attractive person discuss the ugly guy as the "normal" one in relation to everyone else being "too attractive."
Well, now you have. And I'd drop this line of posting before you make yourself sound even more foolish. Just a suggestion.

Soemthing tells me you've been pretty far removed from a lot of conversations involving normalcy.Also, ha-ha! Tobias is ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread