What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andre Johnson ejected from Hou-Ten game (1 Viewer)

finnegan should get less since he never threw a punchand he only tore off aj's helmet in response to it being done to himi don't see how aj doesn't get at least a game
Finnegan threw a weak punch that did nothing but still a punch.
Bull####.If people get ejected for what Finnegan did, then we'd have 10-15 ejections each week. Do you ever watch the o/d lines go at it? Come on, it was a half slap / pushing him away. AJ should get a game, he was out of control.As for Finnegan, he's clearly a ##### bag from what I've seen of him. But man if he was a FA, I'd love to have him on my team. He's one of those guys you love to hate but you love them even more when they're on your team. =)

He went "hockey fight" on him. I imagine he'll receive a hefty fine and suspension. It will be interesting if he will be able to circumvent a suspension by appealing it.

finnegan should get less since he never threw a punch

and he only tore off aj's helmet in response to it being done to him

i don't see how aj doesn't get at least a game
You need to watch it again because Finnegan absolutely threw the first punch. He swung at AJ and hit him in the side of the head right after AJ ripped the little fake Irishman's helmet off.
if you're going to call that slap a "punch", then finnegan threw the first "punch" at the snap with the illegal hands to the face. What you're referring to as a "punch" would only draw a flag, not a fine or suspension.bottom line is that aj did quite a bit more to be suspended/fined.

Now his reputation, or actually more accurately, Finnegan's negative reputation, might save him from suspension, if the league just goes by the actual events, suspension is likely.
you might want to watch this video first, it's pretty clear that after Finnegan does the "slap" he throws a punch as well before AJ goes off

I would guess hefty fines and suspensions for both. Obvious from the replays that Finnegan throws the 1st punch but then AJ goes Mongo on him in retaliation.

Bull####.

If people get ejected for what Finnegan did, then we'd have 10-15 ejections each week. Do you ever watch the o/d lines go at it? Come on, it was a half slap / pushing him away.

AJ should get a game, he was out of control.

As for Finnegan, he's clearly a ##### bag from what I've seen of him. But man if he was a FA, I'd love to have him on my team. He's one of those guys you love to hate but you love them even more when they're on your team. =)
Exactly. Here in Tennessee, he is loved... Guy is tough as nails and knows how to get under the skin of opposing receivers. Granted he ended up on the ground and got punched a few times, he got what he was looking for. He got under AJs skin which lead to him being ejected. Is he dirty? I wouldn't say he is dirty, just chippy and plays to the end of the whistle and a hair over the line at all times. You can hate him, we love him...

finnegan should get less since he never threw a punch

and he only tore off aj's helmet in response to it being done to him

i don't see how aj doesn't get at least a game
You need to watch it again because Finnegan absolutely threw the first punch. He swung at AJ and hit him in the side of the head right after AJ ripped the little fake Irishman's helmet off.
if you're going to call that slap a "punch", then finnegan threw the first "punch" at the snap with the illegal hands to the face. What you're referring to as a "punch" would only draw a flag, not a fine or suspension.bottom line is that aj did quite a bit more to be suspended/fined.

Now his reputation, or actually more accurately, Finnegan's negative reputation, might save him from suspension, if the league just goes by the actual events, suspension is likely.
you might want to watch this video first, it's pretty clear that after Finnegan does the "slap" he throws a punch as well before AJ goes off
:goodposting: And then he throws AJ's helmet.

They both go for a game IMO.

Anyone defending Finnegan in here is foolish. He went looking for a fight, he got one and now both guys pay.

Finnegan absolutely started it with the double fisted shot under the chops at the snap of the ball. That said, AJ over-reacted. Both players should be fined, 50-50 on an AJ suspension.

What the hell was AJ supposed to do in that situation? Run away?Finnegan went after his head and I saw a man defending himself.
Maybe not molly whomp him while he was on the ground covering himself?I can see AJ being suspended for at least a week.
He was on the ground covering himself because he was getting his ### kicked. He started it and got what he deserved.
Yeah, I know. Im not defending Finnegan, dude poked at the bee hive one too many times. But AJ can you know...not hover above him and throw haymakers. ##### at the ref or have your coach ##### at the ref to do their job. Finnegan got punked but got up smiling, AJ is going to be the topic of discussion for a league that is trying their best to keep any sort of image problem at bay.
You obviously don't watch many Texans-Titans games. Finnegan is a POS that cheap shots Andre every game and the refs have never done ####. Finnegan instigated that fight, he shoved his hands into AJ's face FIRST at the line of scrimmage, and he threw the first(albeit a weak one) punch before AJ threw the first hay maker. He messed with the Bull one too many times and finally got the horns. Anyone who watched the game can see the difference in the two men after the fight. AJ looking upset, while Finnegan continued taughting and making childish faces at the Houston bench. Personally I think the league would be setting the wrong example if they suspended Andre. It would be telling dirty players like Finnegan if you want to hurt your division rival in a tight division, go after their star player and try to get him suspended.

Bull####.

If people get ejected for what Finnegan did, then we'd have 10-15 ejections each week. Do you ever watch the o/d lines go at it? Come on, it was a half slap / pushing him away.

As for Finnegan, he's clearly a ##### bag from what I've seen of him. But man if he was a FA, I'd love to have him on my team. He's one of those guys you love to hate but you love them even more when they're on your team. =)
Exactly. Here in Tennessee, he is loved... Guy is tough as nails and knows how to get under the skin of opposing receivers. Granted he ended up on the ground and got punched a few times, he got what he was looking for. He got under AJs skin which lead to him being ejected. Is he dirty? I wouldn't say he is dirty, just chippy and plays to the end of the whistle and a hair over the line at all times. You can hate him, we love him...
Ya he's loved by a team whose owners and and coaches like to shoot the finger on national TV, with drama QBs, and towel stomping players. A class less organization from top to bottom. He's the dirtiest player in the league and only a blind fan from Nashville can't see that. Of course that is too be expected.

I would say a suspension is 100% for AJ at least, I don't know about Finnegan. The NFL can't let these guys throw punches, especially when the players have their helmets off. The Refs are in such a vulnerable position when having to step in and break these things up, the I am sure the NFL will want to make a statement after today. Big fine and at least 1 game for AJ, probably 2.

I would say a suspension is 100% for AJ at least, I don't know about Finnegan. The NFL can't let these guys throw punches, especially when the players have their helmets off. The Refs are in such a vulnerable position when having to step in and break these things up, the I am sure the NFL will want to make a statement after today. Big fine and at least 1 game for AJ, probably 2.
ya if one of the most humble human beings in the league gets a 2 game suspension while some POS gets nothing I have bought my last game ticket. If anyone should get suspended it should be the officials for letting players like Finnegan gets away with dirty play to where is gets to this point. The dude just walked up to the line of scrimmage and threw both his fists at Andre's jaw.

What the hell was AJ supposed to do in that situation? Run away?Finnegan went after his head and I saw a man defending himself.
Maybe not molly whomp him while he was on the ground covering himself?I can see AJ being suspended for at least a week.
He was on the ground covering himself because he was getting his ### kicked. He started it and got what he deserved.
Yeah, I know. Im not defending Finnegan, dude poked at the bee hive one too many times. But AJ can you know...not hover above him and throw haymakers. ##### at the ref or have your coach ##### at the ref to do their job. Finnegan got punked but got up smiling, AJ is going to be the topic of discussion for a league that is trying their best to keep any sort of image problem at bay.
You obviously don't watch many Texans-Titans games. Finnegan is a POS that cheap shots Andre every game and the refs have never done ####. Finnegan instigated that fight, he shoved his hands into AJ's face FIRST at the line of scrimmage, and he threw the first(albeit a weak one) punch before AJ threw the first hay maker. He messed with the Bull one too many times and finally got the horns. Anyone who watched the game can see the difference in the two men after the fight. AJ looking upset, while Finnegan continued taughting and making childish faces at the Houston bench. Personally I think the league would be setting the wrong example if they suspended Andre. It would be telling dirty players like Finnegan if you want to hurt your division rival in a tight division, go after their star player and try to get him suspended.
:thumbdown: This has been building for years. Finnegan looked like a total ######## winking at the Houston bench and waving to the crowd upon his exit. And why the hell did it take him so long to get his sorry ### off the field? Andre was gone for at least 5 minutes while Finnegan kept whining and arguing with the referees as if he'd done nothing wrong. The dude has been taking cheap shots at AJ for years and he deserved even more than what Andre gave him...

ya if one of the most humble human beings in the league gets a 2 game suspension while some POS gets nothing I have bought my last game ticket. If anyone should get suspended it should be the officials for letting players like Finnegan gets away with dirty play to where is gets to this point. The dude just walked up to the line of scrimmage and threw both his fists at Andre's jaw.
I agree with you about AJ but just feel that the NFL will take a very serious position over this, not your usual fine. I just wished AJ would have kept his cool and then looked up Finnegan after the game.

:X This has been building for years. Finnegan looked like a total ######## winking at the Houston bench and waving to the crowd upon his exit. And why the hell did it take him so long to get his sorry ### off the field? Andre was gone for at least 5 minutes while Finnegan kept whining and arguing with the referees as if he'd done nothing wrong. The dude has been taking cheap shots at AJ for years and he deserved even more than what Andre gave him...
:yucky: Seriously - Would have been one thing if the Titans had won the game and his play made a difference. They got their sorry asses handed to them on a plate and he held Andre to "only" 9 catches and a touch. Winners let their play on the field speak for them. Losers? They look like Finnegan. Maybe he oughta change his name to Massengil, because he's a disposable #####.

Finnegan could have said the most vile things possible every time they matched up for 5 years AND been the first one to throw a punch...but Andre is still going to sit. I think he'll get one game, but if it was my call he'd be out for three.

Did anyone see what was going on in the locker room after the game...A.J was holding what im guessing was the game ball and making some kind of a speech...i just caught the end of it... :goodposting:

Ya he's loved by a team whose owners and and coaches like to shoot the finger on national TV, with drama QBs, and towel stomping players. A class less organization from top to bottom. He's the dirtiest player in the league and only a blind fan from Nashville can't see that. Of course that is too be expected.
At least we don't do roids... Don't act like your franchise is perfect bro...

:thumbup:

Whole lotta crying in here. I thought texans were tough? Finnegans a little #### talking trouble maker. AJ lost his cool and deserves to be suspended. End of story.

i see fines for both. i don't see how you suspend a guy for the very first time of ever getting into any kind of trouble. fights have happened before without people being suspended. it's silly to say guys should be suspended for a fight.

oh really? Shows how well you follow your own team, considering you also had a linebacker sit out 4 games this year for a banned substance.

oh really? Shows how well you follow your own team, considering you also had a linebacker sit out 4 games this year for a banned substance.
:own3d:

It is possible that he gets suspended, but if I was going to guess I'd say he gets by without one. He has no history of this kind of thing, but the league does know that Finnegan has been an instigator in the past. The first shot came from finnegan with his hands in AJ's face.

If one sits they both sit IMHO.

Wow, Finnegan really wanted to start something there.
Makes you wonder about his intelligence...who the hell WANTS to start something with that guy?!?! AJ is a monster...that uppercut about took Finnegan's head off.
Smart move really. Get their best guy out of the game. I bet Tennessee takes that trade off every single time. Classic hockey move.
It would have sounded smarter if Fischer wasn't already keeping his own best guy out of the game.

Bull####.

it was a good thing Finnegan got Andre ejected, otherwise that game would've gotten out of hand...

This had been building for several plays. A helmet came off right before it. Finnegan kept jacking AJ in the helmet at the line of scrimmage. Personally, I think Finnegan is a punk and wish Andre had gotten a few more in. AJ went straight thug on hise ###. As a Foster owner, the thought of a suspension doesn't make me happy..I would say 75% Andre gets a suspension. Finnegan will just be fined. AJ's fine will be significant..

Praying for no suspension, trying to clinch top seed and top regular season points with no Nicks and no AJ is gonna be tough
me too. If they suspend Andre, my #1 WR next week is going to be either Gaffney or Hartline. Uh-oh :bag:

I'm an Andre owner...

I don't see how a suspension is automatic. this seems like a very common occurrence, and I don't recall players being suspended every time there's a fracas on the field

I thought they said AJ got the game ball after the game and an apology. If that is the case, the team won't suspend him, and would probably fight any suspension talk from the league.

Was that Andre Johnson or was it Andre Berto? As an aside, if you didn't see Berto's fight on HBO last night you missed one hell of a punch.

I didn't read the entire thread but just re-watched the fight.

The way Finnegan applauded as the ref get between him and Andre says to me that Finnegan got exactly what he wanted. Pushed Johnson to the point he lost his head.

Interested to see how Goodel handles this. Obviously fines are warranted, but I wonder if he will suspend Johnson for a game.

People bring up Seymour, but watching Johnson's actions makes me feel his punishment should be harsher. Ben Roethlisberger said something to Seymour as he walked past. Seymour responded by slapping him. He didn't continue going after him. Fineable offense? No question, and it should have been significantly more.

Johnson kept going. And this was not normal pushing and shoving. He ripped off Finnegans helmet and then started throwing combinations. That is not a minor scuffle like you sometimes see by lineman. It doesn't matter that Finnegan instigated it (and from the looks of it, he definitely did). Andre Johnson had a choice, and he chose to continue trying to punch FInnegan's lights out when his helmet was off. It was the wrong decision, and I think he should be suspended a game.

does the fact that the Texans play on Thursday this coming week make it any less likely that he'd be out for week 13 ? If he appeals a suspension, wouldn't that take him past this week's game ?

Users who are viewing this thread